Phillip Phillips 'Feeling Good' After Kidney Surgery


image?.Caption

It seems like just yesterday that Phillip Phillips was crowned the winner of "American Idol," and although season 11 has ended, your favorite Idols are heading out on tour very soon.
MTV News recently caught up with the still-humble champ to talk about prepping the big summer tour, as well as his recovery from the recent surgery he underwent to remove a number of large kidney stones.
"I'm feeling good," he assured MTV News. Phillips recently told The Associated Press that he's "getting better each day, so that's a good thing. I'm just walking around, getting my strength back together. It was tough, you know, those first few days, but I'm getting to where I can pick the guitar back up and write a little bit."

Phillip Phillips Teases The 'American Idol' Tour And His Solo Album

Speaking about the buzz surrounding the "Idol" tour, the 21-year-old seemed to still be wrapping his head around the extent of the production. "I'm real excited. It's all of our first time being on a real tour, and it's going to be a big learning experience. We're all really excited about it," Phillips said. "It's a lot of jamming-out music, and that's what I do. Hopefully people are feeling the music when I'm feeling it, so it's going to be fun."
And what about the work on his highly anticipated debut album? "I'm just starting [to work on it], so I'm excited," Phillips said. "I've been writing. I have other songs written, and I'm excited to get it out there."
In addition to his recovery, the "Idol" tour and work on his solo album, Phillips will also be performing at the Fourth of July celebration at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., alongside country singer Josh Turner, "Smash" star Megan Hilty, actor Matthew Broderick and famed composer John Williams.

Source: MTV

Comments

Popular Posts