Arcade Station (English Version) Episode 9



Episode 09: Let’s Race! -Accident-


MOVEMENT RHYTHM COMMUNITY (93)
Norcross Adamson
So, couldn’t help but notice that Sound Voltex and Museca location test is already over!
(8:20 PM)

Gavin Booth
It’s too bad I couldn’t make it :’( (8:21 PM)

Norcross Adamson
Now we need to wait an announcement for the proper release of the games in our country!
(8:22 PM)

Hans Taggart
Relax (8:22 PM)
Konami is gathering the feedback from the local players right now (8:23 PM)
I bet the enthusiasm from the players were high in the location test (8:23 PM)

(8:24 PM) Maybe Konami will place their games in Arcade Station
(8:25 PM) Still waiting for DDR comeback

Ian Hunter
Whoa, whoa, not so fast! (8:25 PM)
We just got our location test of SDVX and Museca (8:25 PM)

Dave Scott
Yeah, right (8:26 PM)
We have to get patient if we want Konami placing more BEMANI games (8:26 PM)

Hans Taggart
Right (8:26 PM)
If we get SDVX and Museca, just play them often (8:27 PM)

Ian Hunter
Guys, I have an announcement to make! (8:29 PM)

Xephyr
Just in time while waiting for another announcement (8:29 PM)

Don Parrish
Come on (8:30 PM)

Ian Hunter
This Sunday, we’re going to hold a MT5 competition for Movement Rhythm Community!
(8:31 PM)

Raven
Hold on, I thought we’re only playing rhythm games (8:32 PM)

Gavin Booth
Yeah, I thought this community only plays rhythm games (8:33 PM)

Xephyr
Hold on, most of us play MT5 too (8:34 PM)

Norcross Adamson
Yeah, some of us also play another game other than rhythm games (8:34 PM)

Aishiro Daichi
Example, Ward also plays BlazBlue (8:34 PM)

Dave Scott
Just got my driver’s license recently (8:35 PM)
I need to drive a real car (8:35 PM)

Toshiyuki Ryuzaki
What? (8:35 PM)

Ian Hunter
Got my driver’s license too (8:36 PM)
But for my bike (8:36 PM)

Toshiyuki Ryuzaki
Onii-chan, can I ride your car, please? (8:36 PM)

Norcross Adamson
So, who’s in? (8:36 PM)

Gavin Booth
Sounds cool (8:37 PM)

Amy Kavanaugh
I think it’ll be fun! (8:37 PM)

(8:38 PM) I’m in!

***
“No one gets PUR (Perfect Ultimate Rare) card after gacha-ing from Sound Voltex.” Don looked at his phone screen on the BEMANI community Facebook group in front of Maimai cabinet.
Ed replied, “PUR are great, but girls with skimpy outfits and revealing body are awesome.”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Amy complained. “Why you guys are so obsessed with the cards from Sound Voltex, which you only can get after choosing Generator Start whatsoever.”
Xephyr said, “Last Monday, Dave got a muscular man with key buttons, ha ha….”
Ed asked Ward who just finished playing Maimai, “Hey, Ward, you played PS4 too?”
“Oh. Yeah. Of course. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago,” Ward replied.
“Everyone, please gather round and take your seat!” Ian told the entire members of Movement Rhythm Community who were around the Arcade Station.
Ward said, “Well, my first time having a multiplayer play on MT5 (Maximum Tune 5).”
Gavin who sat next to Ward on the floor also asked, “You just play the Story Mode?”
“Yes. Simple.”
After everyone gather and sat in front of Maimai cabinet, Ian shouted happily, “Okay, everybody, who’s ready for Maximum Tune 5 competition? For Movement Rhythm Community!!”
Ian finally played Accident by MAX, one of Pump It Up’s original songs, in order to make the announcement got exciting. Most of the members of Movement Rhythm Community cheered in excitement.
Xephyr asked, “Why must play Accident from PIU if we’re going to compete playing MT5?”
“In Movement Rhythm Community, we’re not only playing just rhythm games, but also the other games, like … MT5!!” Ian screamed. “We know most of us often play this popular racing game! So, let’s just take a shot of winning!”
A curly haired girl who wore glasses rose her hand. “Excuse me, are we supposed to be divided into two batches? Like novice and pros.”
Norcross said, “Raven, two batches are great, but let’s just mix it up!”
Amy interrupted “Whoa, whoa, whoa, are you underestimating newbies like me? I just played MT5 like two months ago. I’m sure most of us are newbies as well.”
Norcross quickly denied, “No, I mean, let’s just divide into two batches, and then we swap the players around ….”
Amy once again interrupted, “No, no, no, like you said earlier, let’s just mix it up. I might be a newbie, but I’m gonna kick your ass!”
Ward got confused. “Whoa, I don’t get it, Amy. So, no matter we’re newbies or pros, we could meet each other in each round, right?”
Don said, “Hold on, is it going to be unfair?”
“Not at all,” Ed replied.
“Remember, the winner will not only receive a (amount censored) game credits in Arcade Station, but also will earn the title the official MT5 Master among Movement Rhythm Community!” Ian announced.
***
“Luckily you got your driver’s license, Onii-chan, I’m glad I can join your ride only to take a walk.” Toshi was sitting down next to Dave who was driving the car on the street.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, so you just want to take my ride?” asked Dave.
“No. I mean not exactly, I just want to see you driving this cool ride. I got bored driving my bike or even take a bus to Arcade Station or college.” Toshi looked at his phone. “It’s like when you’re playing MT5. Without the speeding, you need to obey the speed limit.”
“Alright, we need some music.” Dave pointed to his phone which got connected to the stereo’s aux cable. “But not Night of Fire, just don’t.”
Toshi took Dave’s phone to look at Dave’s playlist. “Whoa, I don’t know these songs. Don’t tell me there’s no mainstream songs at all?”
Dave replied as he pressed the brake quietly in front of the red light. “I deleted most of the pop songs. I put the songs mostly from BOFU (BMS of Fighters Ultimate), Touhou, and most rhythm games like IIDX and DJMAX. I listened to IIDX songs when I saw the gameplay on YouTube, I thought I would like to listen them since the songs are awesome. IIDX has mostly original songs.”
“I’m glad you like not mainstream songs. Except … you still have J-Pop songs.”
“At least I still save some J-Pop. You want to listen them?”
“Maybe.”
“I still have to train myself driving this ride rather than compete on MT5 competition in Arcade Station. Some music would be nice, but not Night of Fire.”
Toshi got confused when he noticed Night of Fire song on Dave’s phone. “Why not?”
Dave retold the story, “When I almost arrived at Arcade Station in the town next door with Ward, Hans, Ian, Ed, and Don, we played Night of Fire on the car while waiting to be free from the traffic jam. And … this happened, a car drifted in front of us, I mean, not right in front up us literally, causing an accident.”
“Whoa.”
Just right in front of them, they both saw a motorbike drifted at the intersection right in front of them, much to not only their surprise, but also most of the drivers’ anger which leading them honking their car horn out loud.
“Oh crap,” said Toshi.
Dave concluded, “I believe someone has played Night of Fire in… their… car.”
***
“Gavin has won the first round! He’s going to the next round!” Ian cheered as the first round got ended. “Up next are Don, Xephyr, German, and Raven!”
Raven said to Ward, “Xephyr is a competitive one, she often wins the multiplayer match in MT5.”
“I bet those who faced Xephyr is unlikely to succeed,” Ward talked to himself as Don got nervous.
“Crap.” Don found out that he would face against Xephyr in the next match.
“No!!” shouted Norcross looking at his phone. “Why is everybody talking about Sound Voltex on Facebook!”
Ian immediately talked to Norcross to calm him down. “Hey, Norcross, don’t worry, it’s over, the location test is already over. Just wait for the official release in Arcade Station.”
“Oh, you’re probably right, Ian. Except, you’re wrong! Like on my Facebook timeline, everyone in Arcade Station’s Facebook group demand more! They’re upset Sound Voltex is gone from the town next door! I haven’t played Sound Voltex yet!”
“C’mon, Norcross. Just have fun in this MT5 competition instead. You just need to wait.”
Wait you say?! I can’t wait any longer! I just need to play Sound Voltex, I’m jealous of most of you who made it to the town next door just to play Sound Voltex.”
“Guys?” Don asked. “Are we allowed to race now? The time is almost up.”
“Oh right!” shouted Ian. “Everyone, are you ready?”
“Yeah!” shouted Xephyr, Don, German, and Raven who sat down facing each screen and steering wheel.
“Okay then, LET’S RACE!” shouted Ian and everyone.
Ward later asked Ed, “You raced against Xephyr in this game?”
“She’s too cruel, you’ll see it,” Ed replied.
“No!! Why you didn’t give me a chance!” shouted Raven who was in the fourth place.
“So Xephyr is in the first place right now, Don is in the second place,” Ward recounted.
“Up next are Amy, Ed, Norcross, and Adrian,” Ian announced.
“Me?” asked Norcross.
“It’s in the random order,” Ian replied.
Ed later asked Ward again, “Dave isn’t here?”
“Testing his ride and I bet he’s training driving on his own,” said Ward. “I bet you have a chance winning the next round, Ed. You have so much experience with MT5, like you have with Maimai.”
Ed laughed. “Ha ha.”
“Xephyr finishes first!!” shouted Ian.
“I know it,” Ed said.
“Woo!!” shouted most of the community members.
“For the next round, when I call your name, please walk to each MT5 cabinet. Amy, Ed, Norcross, and Adrian!” Ian announced as Xephyr, Don, German, and Raven walked away from each MT5 cabinet. “Get ready for the next round for Ward ….”
Ward said to Don as Ian announced the participants for the next round, “Facing Xephyr is hard, huh?”
“She’s a pro, already a pro since MT5’s coming here in Arcade Station,” Don replied.
“Oh.”
“I believe Amy said that she has been playing MT5 in the past two weeks.”
Xephyr corrected, “Actually it’s two months.”
“Two months, wow. I believe Ed will win,” said Ward.
“LET’S RACE!” shouted Ian.
“What the? Hey! Amy’s in the lead already?” shouted Norcross noticing that Amy had taken the first place in the race.
“What?! She’s already set 800 HP (horsepower) on her car already?! Why the hell she’s doing the story mode that fast already?!” Ward complained.
Don said, “I believe that’s why Amy said let’s mix things up. She’s totally brave in this competition. By the way, you’re playing in the next round, better get ready.”
“Okay. Sure.”
***
Adrenaline is pumping,
Adrenaline is pumping,
Generator. Automatic Lover,
Atomic, Atomic, Overdrive,
Blockbuster, Brainpower,

Call me a leader. Cocaine,
Don't you try it, Don't you try it
Innovator, Kill machine,
There's no fate. Take control.
Brainpower,  Let the bass kick,

Dave and Toshi were as if doing a carpool karaoke on NOMA’s Brain Power while crossing the street. They both sang out loud following the rhythm on the song.
Toshi once again looked at Dave’s phone showing the wiki page of Brain Power on remywiki, the English language wiki for all things BEMANI, to look at every single text.
“Oh man, it’s going to be on Neon FM!” shouted Toshi. “Neon FM is coming to Arcade Station, isn’t it?”
“Yup. But I don’t know about this city yet, I mean in this city’s Arcade Station.”
“Oh, Onii-chan, LINE message from Dean Carter. Wait, you have another little brother?”
Dave explained, “C’mon, Toshi. He’s my best mate from college.”
“Wait, so that means he’s your little brother too?”
“No. He’s only my best mate, not my little brother. You’re only my little brother, Toshi,” Dave denied.
“Then, what if someone claimed me as his or her little brother? What would you do?”
“Hmmmm …. I don’t have any idea what to do. Haha.” Dave laughed.
Onii-chan, c’mon!” shouted Toshi.
Their conversation was interrupted by the police car’s sirens right behind them, much to both boys’ surprise. Dave had no idea what he had done too far that he had to break the driving law.
“Don’t tell me there’s a police car chasing right behind us,” Dave expressed his shock.
“I hope not,” Toshi hoped.
***
“We’re already reaching the finale! The final event of MT5 competition!” Ian announced. “Now, I’m presenting you the final four! Gavin, Xephyr, Amy, and Ward!!”
“So, two girls versus two guys,” said Ed to Norcross.
“Oh, damn it. Amy beat me and you, even one of the smartest MT5 players she beat easily. I have no idea whether Amy also beats Xephyr or not. Or even Gavin and Ward can beat her ass.”
“Holy …. Holy crap!” shouted Don looking at his phone screen.
“What?” shouted Norcross and Ed approaching Don.
Sound Voltex! Sound Voltex! It’s coming for another location test!” shouted Don.
“What?!” shouted Norcross.
“Seriously?!” shouted Raven.
“Holy crap! Sound Voltex is coming back!” shouted Norcross in joy. “I can play it finally!”
“Whoa!!” shouted most of the community members.
“Yeah!!” shouted Ward looking at his phone screen while waiting the others to set their cars on MT5. “Hans told in the group!”
“Whooo!!” cheered Ian. “We need to get back to the town next door!”
Everyone approached either Ian, Don, or Ward to look at the chat log on their phones. Hans had announced that both Sound Voltex and Museca would be coming back for another location test in limited time only.
“BEMANI hype is real!” shouted Gavin.
“Wait, Hans told us more,” declared Ian. “Not only Sound Voltex and Museca, but … IIDX is also coming!”
“WHOAAAAA!!!” shouted most of the male members of Movement Rhythm Community gathering around Maximum Tune 5 cabinets.
“Guys, you better calm down. Because … the location test will be held in AnimeCon for three days,” Ian added, much to most of the members’ complains.
“Oh! C’mon!”
“Why must be there!”
“Need more money for the tickets!”
Norcross said, “Fine! I’m going to AnimeCon!”
“Still no DDR yet,” Ward complained.
“C’mon, the time is almost up, Ian! You wanna us straight to the race?” asked Amy.
“Yeah, we better start without you all shouting LET’S RACE,” added Xephyr.
“Okay, okay, everyone, let’s get back to the main event,” Ian told.
Gavin noticed the screen was already entering the loading section to the race. “Oh, too late.”
“Fine, whatever. Everyone, scream out loud!” Ian commanded all the community members “When we reach the countdown on screen, we’re counting down from three! Then we scream LET’S RACE! Follow my lead!”
When the MT5 cabinet’ screens started showing the race scene road to the gameplay, everyone screamed. “THREE! TWO! ONE! LET’S RACE!”
Amy and Xephyr immediately speeded by pressing the gas with their right foot, while Gavin dan Ward were shocked upon seeing the girls quickly became badass during the beginning of the race.
“What the?” shouted Gavin.
“I’m surprised you guys are slow enough.” Amy began to underestimate Ward and Gavin. “I bet you’re same with Norcross, I’m not pro enough to beat you in the race.”
“It’s just your request, Amy!” Gavin argued. “You wished to be in the same batch as the pros, and the result, you beat them! You even beat Ed and Norcross, and Don! And Raven!”
“Ah, dang it, I just crashed!” shouted Ward upon failing to turn in the sharp turn. “Look, Amy, I don’t underestimate you, but I was shocked you used 800 HP even though you just played this since two months. Basically, you need so much time to master this game, and continuing the story mode till the chapter three or more.”
“You better calm down, dude, we’re still on the race,” Xephyr complained.
“Alright, you know what, I’m gonna beat you all!” shouted Amy.
“Fine, if that’s what you want, let’s just do this!” shouted Ward accepting the challenge from Amy.
***
“We’re lucky that the police are not chasing us.” Dave finally parked in front of the fast food restaurant dominated by red paint. “Wanna dine in the restaurant or ….”
“Inside,” Toshi quickly replied as he gave Dave’s phone back.
“Hold on.” Dave noticed a new LINE message notification before opening it. “Oh man! Oh man!!”
“What? What’s wrong?”
“We’re gotta go to the AnimeCon!”
“Why?”
Sound Voltex is having another location test there! And … I bet we need to visit AnimeCon!”
“AnimeCon?!” shouted Toshi.
***
“NOOOO!!” shouted Xephyr blocking Amy from taking over the first place when they were one kilometer away to the finish line.
“Really?” Ward failed to turn again when he took a sharp turn.
“You know what, the girls win,” Gavin concluded.
“Yeah!” shouted Xephyr upon finishing first in the race.
“FINISH!!” shouted Ian.
“What?!” shouted Norcross in shock.
“Oh man, I thought Amy did win this race,” Raven recounted.
Ian announced, “The ultimate winner of MT5 competition is Xephyr!”
“WOOO!! XEPHYR! XEPHYR! XEPHYR!!” shouted most of the Movement Rhythm Community members.
Ed asked Don who browsed the AnimeCon’s official website on his phone screen, “How much the ticket price? Can we pre-order the tickets from now?”
Don replied, “Can be pre-ordered if we also will be attending the Stage Event and Concert too. Exhibition only can be only purchased on the spot.”
Norcross quickly cheered, “Oh! I need to buy the ticket for AnimeCon when we arrive at the town next door!”
“The lineup for the concert is epic, but the ticket is… pretty expensive,” Don added. “Kishida Kyodan and the Akeboshi Rockets will be performing too in the concert.”
Raven added, “Well…, Haruna Luna and Wake Up Girls will be performing too.”
Ward looked at his phone screen while remained seated in front of his MT5’s cabinet screen. “The concert lineup is pretty awesome! I need the concert ticket already! But… it’s a shame I already spent it for PS4.”
Xephyr replied, “There’s a contest for winning two concert tickets online, I’m sure you would like to join, Ward.”
“By the way, Xephyr. Congratulations for winning the competition! Please ask the cashier to claim your prize,” Ian congratulated.
Xephyr decided to ask to Ian. “By the way, Ian. Can I change the prize to the free ticket to AnimeCon? Including for concert?”
“Hell no, you don’t. Arcade Station already provided the prize for the winner of the competition. Please talk to the cashier to claim your prize.”
“I’m entering the competition! Hoping to win the concert tickets!” Ward immediately browsed the website for the competition on his phone.

“Oh well, at least I can try Sound Voltex too,” Amy happily cheered.

Comments

Popular Posts