The Musical Life of Kris Neil Season 2 Episode 24

Prom King and Prom Queen




Miranda, Alyson, Ethan, Khairie, Henry, and Amirah saw the Jakarta Arts’ Annual Dance poster with prom-style, they considered becoming that year’s prom queen and prom king. And they found out they would be competing each other for the title. They heavily promoted themselves on Facebook and Twitter to get nominated on the prom. Amanda also revealed that the prom needed musical performances.

Miranda saw pictures of her with Zeke, she missed him and remembered how did she break up with him, and then she realized that she had no date to the prom.
“Still remember him, don’t you?” asked Bill came.
Miranda was surprised to see her dad came to her room, she hugged her dad, telling him that she missed Zeke since the break up and she didn’t have any date. His dad said that he would love to be his date, she thanked but refused, she wanted to find a date, and she hugged Bill once again.

Meanwhile, Kris and Justin were hosting their radio show, they took “prom” as the main topic of the day.
“Okay, to become the prom king or prom queen, you must have many friends who would love to support you.” Justin said.
Kris added “Or you can use your Facebook or Twitter to promote yourself to be the prom king and the prom queen! Anyway, I checked my Twitter and so many promotions from Jakarta Arts students who want to be the prom queen or the prom king, looks like prom is our trending topic.”
“While we’re checking our timeline, time to listen to this song.” Justin played a song and he saw many tweets about prom. He thought that Kris would be nominated for the prom king title due his heartthrob fame, but Kris didn’t think about prom, he was thinking about Dan who wasn’t allowed to be the prom king.

Dan was still mad about him not allowed to be the prom king, he only sat down in his bed and kept silence. Jason arrived and knocked the opened door.
“May I come in?” Jason asked.
“Be my guest.”
Jason knew that Dan sent him to the crack house last Sunday, he wanted to comfort Dan “Dan, what did you do last Sunday is really not cool. I know you’re dissapointed, but you’re supposed to accept this punishment. You know what, I did something bad too, but I got the punishment. Grow up, Dan, you’re not a boy anymore, you’re a man. Your punishment doesn’t mean that your fame is over.”
“Jason, I’m sorry for sending you to the crack house.”
“I accept your apology, now let’s go outside, we’ll hear the nominees, c’mon.”

Miranda took her dad’s song lyrics, she was requested to sampling his song, she accepted his request and start writing the song.
She sang “I can’t believe you cheated on me, I never feel so sad like this before, and it hurts me to the bone, I felt I was abandoned.” She continued writing her feelings about the break-up with Zeke with the help from her dad.
“Miranda, you should come to the auditorium, the nominees for the prom king and the prom queen will be revealed.” Bill said.
“Thank you for allowing me to sample your song, dad.” Miranda hugged her dad.

All students gathered around in the auditorium to listen who were the nominees for the prom king and the prom queen. Robby came to the stage and announced the nominees. It was revealed that the prom king nominees were Jason, Ethan, Khairie, Henry, Lewbert, and Mitchell, while the prom queen nominees were Miranda, Alyson, Amanda and Amirah. Much to everyone’s shock, Kris wasn’t nominated for the prom king title, despite being heartthrob.
Meanwhile, Justin was also shocked that Kris wasn’t nominated, but Kris wasn’t, thinking he was fine not to be the prom king, instead, he would perform in the dance.

Finally on Friday, Miranda was choosing her dress, but she was confused, should she pick the pink or white dress, Bill finally arrived to see her again.
“Chossing your dress?” asked Bill “You better use the white one. The white one is really cool for you.”
“Thanks, dad, but I don’t have any date, and can you take me there?”
“Be my guest, but as we arrived, I’ll leave you.”
“Thanks, dad.”

At 5:30 PM, all the students arrived at the hall to attend the prom, including Alyson who was kissing Khairie, she danced with him, but Khairie warned her the prom hadn’t started yet. Kris and Justin came.
“You two, you’re supposed to host your show.” Alyson warned.
“Nah, we’re taking a break from our show.” Justin said.
“So the guest hosts were filling for us.” Kris added.
“And I will reveal the prom king and prom queen title.” Justin added.
“Wow, Kris, I’m sorry you’re not nominated for the prom king.” Khairie told.
Kris replied “No big deal, but I’m performing on the prom live.”
“Hi, Kris!” Candice greeted and kissed Kris “Ready to dance.”
Kris replied “Yeah, m’lady.” She held Candice’s left hand and walked into the hall.
“Anyway, have you seen Dan?” Justin asked.

Dan looked himself at the mirror, Jason also saw him.
“Feeling better?” Jason asked.
“Hell yeah.”
“We better hurry, the prom will start in 10 minutes, c’mon, I’ll help you find a date.”
“Fine, since you haven’t got a date, I’ll help you too.”
“Thanks, bro. Give me five!” Jason gave Dan a high-five “We have surprise for you at the prom.”
“Surprise?”

Dan and Justin arrived at the prom just on time, they came into the hall and Dan was surprised, all the guests were dancing tributing for him, they attempted to cheer up Dan after not being nominated for the prom king, Dan was so proud to see all Jakarta Arts students tributing for him. Kris also performed Dance Till You’re Sick on stage as all students dance, except Lewbert and Mitchell who hated them. After the dance ended, all students proudly welcomed Dan to the prom.
“Welcome to the prom!” Kris shouted to Dan, all students cheered and clapped their hands to Dan.
“Let’s start the prom!” Justin cheered. Everyone started dancing with their date, including Alyson and Khairie who started dancing on the floor. Kris left the stage and met Candice, who waited for him, he started dancing with her.
“Now let’s find a date!” Jason cheered Dan.
Meanwhile, Miranda came to the stage and she was going to sing “Hi, I’m Miranda, and I’m going to sing my new song.” The piano started playing, she sang “I can’t believe you cheated on me, I never feel so sad like this before, and it hurts me to the bone, I felt I was abandoned.”
“Wow, it reminds me about her breakup with Zeke.” Alyson commented.
“Yeah, but you don’t follow him by cheating on me.” Khairie said.
Alyson replied “I won’t cheat on you, baby.”
Henry saw Miranda’s performance, he felt that it was the time to tell her that he had a crush on her, but he was confused and desperate, worried that Miranda would reject him.
While Amanda was complimented by most girls about being overweight outcast before moving to Jakarta Arts, Amanda thanked the girls for supporting her to be the prom queen.
Miranda continued singing “Damn, you kissed someone else, you even lied to me, and you hide it so you keep making out with someone else, you’re really bad, you just used me so that you can flirt someone else. I knew this wouldn’t last forever, it felt hard ‘cause you dumped me, I was really stupid just because you abandoned me.”
While Kris and Candice were dancing following the rhythm of Miranda’s song, Kris admitted that he liked Miranda’s song, so did Candice. While Bill saw her performance and smiled to Miranda.
Miranda sang the bridge line “I used to smile when I see you, but now the smile is gone, cause you leave me abandoned, because you abandoned me.”
Dan and Jason were rejected by other girls to be their date, but Dan calmed Jason down not to give up to find a girl. And they saw Miranda’s performance.
Miranda sang the final line “I can’t believe you cheated on me, I never feel so sad like this before, and it hurts me to the bone, I felt I was abandoned. I can’t believe you cheated on me, I never feel so sad like this before, and it hurts me to the bone, I felt I was abandoned, I felt I was abandoned.” All students cheered and clapped their hands, complimenting the song. Henry then came to the stage.
“Miranda, would you dance with me?” Henry asked.
All students shouted “SAY YES!!”
“Yes!” Miranda answered “Be my guest!” Miranda and Henry went off the stage and started dancing.

At 7:45 PM, Lewbert and Mitchell attempted to sabotage by reducing Amanda’s chance to become the prom queen by telling she had plenty plastic surgeries, they also tried to trap Kris and Candice, and they tried pouring vodka to the punch. But only pouring vodka which was successful, a teacher drank the punch and suddenly became drunk. Robby soon found out that Lewbert and Mitchell attempted to sabotage the prom, so he kicked out them from the prom.

Finally at 8:25 PM, Justin came to the stage and he was going to announce the winners.
“May I have your attention, please?” Justin asked “Thank you, you voted for your favorite nominee to become the prom king and the prom queen, and thanks for helping them to raise their fame. The voting lines are closed and the votes are in.”
All the nominees were waiting for the results, with the hope to take the title.
“Okay, the prom king title goes to who got 83 percent votes, and he’s…” Justin read the card and the prom king title went to… “Jason!”
Jason was surprised and couldn’t believe that he was chosen to be the prom king, despite he was still new kid, Dan told him that he promoted him on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter as an proper apology, Jason accepted his apology and thanked him. All students clapped their hands and cheered for Jason.
“Okay, time to reveal the prom queen, and she got only 42 percent votes and the prom queen title goes to… Amanda!”
Amanda was shocked and cried after she was declared as the prom queen, she showed thanks to all who voted for her and she air kissed them, she and Jason went to the stage.
“Congratulations to both of you. Jason, is there anything you would love to say?” Justin asked.
Jason replied “Really? Thanks, everyone.” All students cheered for her.
Amanda made her speech “Thank you, everyone, thank you. And I want to say something to you, no matter you’re fat, thin, black, white, smart, or dumb, you have to respect them, you have to respect each other. Once again, thank you!”
Jason and Amanda got their crown from the principal and started dancing on the floor, all students cheered.
“You did such a good job, Daniel, I’m proud of you.” Kris admired.
“Really, thanks, bro!” Dan fist bumped Kris.

After the prom ended at 9 PM, Kris and Dan snuck out and saw Henry meeting Miranda.
“Miranda, I want to tell you something. It’s been a long time I want to tell this but, I was shy. Promise me you won’t be mad.” Henry said.
“Go on, I won’t be mad at you.”
“I… I… have a crush on you.”
Dan was surprised, while Kris didn’t, Kris knew that Henry liked Miranda. What would Miranda do?












Comments

Popular Posts