The Musical Life of Kris Neil Season 2 Episode 23

The Kicks




Dan finally discovered that The Sundays’ debut song hit the chart and got modest success, he saw a picture of the members, including Alyson, Miranda, Amanda, Esmeralda, and Amirah. So he decided to call his boyband members, including Ethan, Khairie, and Henry. Justin had quit in order focusing hosting the radio show, including IBS’ chart show and On Air with Kris and Justin. Dan had an idea to make the debut of The Kicks.

At the radio show, Kris and Justin were still hosting on the show.
“Okay, bro, that was Adele’s ‘Set Fire to the Rain’, one of my favorite songs of this week.” said Justin.
“Justin, today is Friday (mimicking Rebecca Black’s voice), Friday, Friday, what are you going to do tonight?”
“I don’t know, I don’t have any plans this Friday night.” answered Justin.
“Me neither, except I will stay at the room and listening to the ‘Friday’ themed songs all night long.”
“Like ‘Last Friday Night’ by Katy Perry?”
“Exactly!” Kris played Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) on the show.

Meanwhile, Dan, Ethan, Khairie, and Henry held a audition for a new member of The Kicks in order to replace Justin, but the search of the voice was full of terrible voices, they rejected several singers because of that.
“That was sucks.” said Ethan.
“No good voice, no chart hit for us.” said Khairie.
“Okay, we still have ten more singers, let’s hope their voices are good.” said Henry.
“Next!” shouted Dan.
“I want nobody, nobody but you. I want nobody, nobody but you.” sang singer #1 terribly.
“NEXT!” shouted all The Kicks members.
“If you want it all, lay it on the line. It’s the only life you got, so you gotta live it Big Time.” sang singer #2.
Finally, the singer #8 sang “Feels like insomnia ah ah, feels like insomnia ah ah, feels like insomnia ah ah, feels like insomnia ah ah…” He sang it worse than seven previous singers.
“NEXT!” shouted all members.
“Damn, only one left!” said Khairie.
“That’s it! We’re closing the audition! We’re going to be quartet instead of quintet!” said Dan pushed the button to close the audition.
Sadly, a singer who was going to come in was devastated, he knew that he had a good voice.

Mitchell was reading the girls’ permanent record in the library, he stole them from the teachers’ lounge, as he read Amanda’s permanent record, he discovered that Amanda used to be overweight outcast in her previous high school and she had plenty plastic surgeries before transferring to Jakarta Arts, he also discovered that her first name was Danielle. He put away the permanent record and soon met Amanda.
“Hey, Danielle!” Mitchell shouted.
“How did you…” Amanda found out that Mitchell called her like that “How did you know that name!?”
“I know your secret, bitch.”
“Wait, my old first name is Danielle!? How you knew that?”
“Not only that, bitch, you used to be overweight outcast in your previous school before you moved here, and the most humiliating is you took plenty plastic surgeries.”
“I asked you how you knew that!?”
“I read your permanent record, and sadly, I stick your old picture in the wall magazine.”
“What the…” Amanda soon ran to the front of wall magazine, where most students saw Amanda’s old picture when she was overweight, she was embarrassed, and screamed “NOOOOOOO!!!” She pulled the picture away and tore it, she ran away humiliated.

The band came back to the cafeteria, they talked that all singers who auditioned for fifth member of The Kicks was very terrible. Dan swore that they would never hold the audition for The Kicks anymore. Dan got a phone call from Kris.
“Daniel, did you get the fifth member?” asked Kris.
“No, the singers are very terrible! We’re going as four members.” answered Dan.
“Daniel, you can’t give up after find out the singers are terrible! There are still many good voices in this school!”
“No, we’re going quartet! The Kicks is enough for four members!” Dan hung up.
“Kris, we’re back on the show!” said Justin.
“Okay, we’re back again! That was Stronger by Kelly Clarkson. Okay, hold on, we got a phone call.”
“We’re going to play another song, so stay tune.” said Justin as he played another song.
Kris took his iPhone and knew that the “unknown number” called him, he answered the phone call “Hello, who is this?”
“Meet me at the school lobby, Kristopher Neil.”
“Who is this?” asked Kris, but the phone hung up “Justin, I have to go to the school lobby now.”
“But we’re still on air!”
“Justin, I’ll be back as soon as I can!”

Khairie visited Miranda and Alyson’s room to see Alyson. Alyson greeted and kissed him and asked how the audition was, Khairie just answered that it had been really bad and they would never hold any audition again for The Kicks’ fifth member. Khairie got a text from Dan that they had to prepare for their debut.
“I have to go, honey. I got works to do.” said Khairie.
“Yeah, me too, since The Sundays debut, we’ve had been busy.” Alyson kissed Khairie “Be careful, Khairie.”

Kris arrived at the school lobby, he started searching for the mysterious caller, and a student who seemed to be Korean-American descent met him.
“Hi, you must be Kristopher Neil.” said the boy.
“Yeah, you called me, didn’t you?”
“I’m sorry if you’re busy, I know you’re hosting your radio show. I’m Jason, I’m a huge of you.”
“Thank you, but now excuse me, I have to…”
“Your brother, Dan Neil rejected me before I audition.” said Jason.
“What!? Are you kidding me? You have auditioned for being the fifth member, haven’t you?”
“I haven’t, that’s why they immediately rejected me. Let me sing your song.” said Jason, he started singing and dancing “
I came to the dance party, I saw my friends dancing and enjoying the party. So dance on the floor, beat the rhythm, nothing really matter if they insult you, they insult your dance but you won’t care after all, you should dance till you’re sick.”
Kris joined singing with Jason “So c’mon come on the floor and you should dance, dance what you like, dance till you’re sick, no matter bad or good, no matter hip-hop or latin, dance whatever you like, dance till you’re sick. Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh!”
Lewbert came and interrupted them “Shut up!” He left.
Kris complimented Jason “Your dancing is really cool, in addition you have great voice!”
“Yeah, can you convince your brother to allow me to audition?” asked Jason.
“Sure, but I think it would be hard since Dan rejected all the singers, but I’ll convince him to rethink. I have to go back to the show.” Kris ran and left Jason.

The Kicks started creating their own choreography and sang their possible first single, “Brand New Day”.
I don’t feel that this day will be different, and I will study more harder, ‘cause it’s a new day, new day, new day, it’s a brand new day, new day.” sang all members finishing the song. But they thought that they were sucks.
“Man, we can do this! With only four members!” shouted Dan “C’mon, let’s try again!”
“Dan, your phone is ringing!” said Henry.
Dan took his phone and got a text from Kris, convincing Jason for another second chance, but Dan replied that he wouldn’t give another chance since The Kicks decided to have four members only. Kris replied again and forced him to give Jason another chance, Dan replied that he would see Jason.

7 PM, Dan went to McDonald’s to see Jason, he later saw Jason was eating McFlurry ice cream. He greeted Jason.
“Jason, I’m Dan Neil.”
“Hello, Dan, nice to meet you.”
“Okay, focus on the business. This Sunday, you must come to this address to audition at 6 PM. Don’t be late.”
“Thank you, I’ll be there.” said Jason, he left the place.
While Dan just smiled and he bought McFlurry Choco.

Sunday at 5:58 PM, The Kicks members were waiting for Jason for audition, along with Kris and Justin. They were waiting from 5:45 PM. But it seemed someone wouldn’t be coming.
“Sorry, but it seems no one wants to join The Kicks, so we’re going to be quartet.” said Dan.
“Just wait for it, Jason will be auditioning.” said Kris.
“Face it, bro, we’re going to be quartet instead of quintet.” said Henry, he left with all The Kicks members.

Monday, 3:45 PM, Kris was upset why Jason didn’t come last Sunday to audition, he told Justin on the studio how he was so upset, but Justin tried to calm him down. Robby came to the studio and he needed to talk with him because it was urgency. Kris followed Robby and left the studio.
Kris and Robby met Dan in the teachers’ lounge, Kris found out that Dan sent Jason instead of audition to the crack house.
“Tell me this isn’t right, Daniel! He could’ve died!” shouted Kris.
“I didn’t send him to that crack house!” argued Dan.
“You did.” said Alyson came “You sent him to the crack house, you really don’t understand that new boy!”
“C’mon, bro, you’re better than this.”
Alyson rejected Kris’ sentence “No, he’s just little jerk who has goddamn crazy ambitious. He wants his group to be a quartet instead of quintet just because no good voices on audition. He just want to keep his goddamn power.”
“He even rejected Jason before audition.” said Robby.
“Man, I don’t want any new member on my band, I don’t want anyone comes, and I want to keep The Kicks as the quartet group instead of quintet, because the singers on the audition were damn bad, if we picked one of the singers, he would be screwing our reputation as a group. I did this for defending my group, The Kicks.” explained Dan.
“You have to apologize to him and change your mind!” said Robby.

The next day, Jason walked away from the class after being humiliated, Dan soon met him and apologized.
“I’m sorry for sending you to that crackhouse, I shouldn’t do that.”
Jason replied “That’s okay, Dan, but my sheet was taken by those marijuana smokers. I was going to sing my own song on the audition.”
“Maybe I can help you rewrite it.”
“Don’t worry, I still have the backup on my Acer notebook. I’ll print it and I’ll sing the song.”
“Okay, you can sing in the auditorium with the fellow bandmates.” Dan left Jason.

At 7:30 PM, Jason finally came to auditiorium and met The Kicks’ members, Kris, Miranda, Alyson, Justin, and Amanda, he went to the stage, he introduced himself and he was going to sing his original song.
Jason began singing “Looking for love, I really need it. I can do it, believe in myself.” He started dancing “C’mon, c’mon, c’mon, girl, would you be my love, I reveal I’m attracted to you. Uh baby, I confess I like you, I know my heart is beating and I really heart you. My heart really skips a beat, I don’t know what will you answer, tonight, tonight, falling in love, let’s fall in love. I know no one else like you, ‘cause you’re the most beautiful girl for me, so let’s fall in love, let’s fall in love, yeah! Yeah!”
“YEAAAH!!!” shouted all The Kicks members, except Dan, as well Miranda, Alyson, and Justin.
“Let me be your man, I’ll love you until the end, love is stronger than weapon, I believe I’m in love with me. My attraction really strong and I can’t wait to tell you, I’m falling in love with you, I know you don’t believe it, let me be your man, I’ll protect you forever, please let me falling in love with you, and let’s fall in love. My heart really skips a beat, I don’t know what will you answer, tonight, tonight, falling in love, let’s fall in love. I know no one else like you, ‘cause you’re the most beautiful girl for me, so let’s fall in love, let’s fall in love, yeah, yeah, yeah! Let’s, let’s, let’s fall in love! Let’s, let’s, let’s fall in love! Let’s fall in love! I confess I really like you and would you fall in love with me?”
“YEAAAH!!” shouted all who viewed Jason’s performance and clapping hands and stand up, except Dan who just smiled.
“My heart really skips a beat, I don’t know what will you answer, tonight, tonight, falling in love, let’s fall in love. I know no one else like you, ‘cause you’re the most beautiful girl for me, so let’s fall in love, let’s fall in love. Ooh, ooh…” Jason’s performance ended after the music stopped.
“BRAVO!!” shouted all audiences.
“Okay, wow! You’re now The Kicks’ member!” Dan cheered.
Jason was surprised “Thank you, bro! Thank you!” He showed victory gesture.

The next day, Amanda stick the Jakarta Arts’ annual dance poster on the wall magazine and she saw many girls who saw her old picture when she was overweight, the girls met her and said that they would vote for her as the prom queen, knowing that the next annual dance would be prom. Most students viewed the poster and would vote who should be the prom king and the prom queen, and the prom would begin on Friday. Dan found out from Robby that he was not allowed to become the prom king due to his behavior to Jason.
Dan was going angry not to become the prom king that year due to sending Jason to the crack house, Kris came to see him.
“Why the hell I won’t be the prom king?” Dan asked to Kris.
Kris answered “Your behavior last Sunday was bad, Dan! If you didn’t do that, you wouldn’t be punished like this, I believe your reputation is really bad now.”
“Brother,” Dan called.
“What?”
“You will be the prom king, I know you’re the heartthrob, so it will be easy for you to become the prom king.”
“No, I think I won’t be the prom king if there’s someone else who famous, you.”
“But I’m not…” Dan didn’t finish his lines as the bell rang, he left not to the class.
“Daniel, you’re not going to the class.”
Dan replied “I won’t go to the class today, I just need some alone time first.”
“Fine, see you in the room.” Kris left to the class, while Dan walked away to his room and closed the door.

Comments

Popular Posts