The Musical Life of Kris Neil 3 Episode 8-9


Previously on The Musical Life of Kris Neil:
Kris looked at his iPhone and checked out the music website “Yes, my album goes to number one!”
“Seriously?” Justin asked, he looked at Kris’ iPhone and it was indeed right, he cheered for Kris.
“Congratulations for your number one album, bro,” Dan congratulated.
“See, every time we ask that question, she left, and bye-bye.” Dan told.
“I see, Alyson is really busy for her latest drama, I understand.” said Amanda.
“But we don’t know if she’s engaged for real!” Justin shouted “She has no comment on that rumour yet!”
Khairie said “Saya terima nikahnya Alyson Cage dengan…
“Stop!!” Robby arrived with Kris and Henry.
“What the hell are you talking about? We’re ready to get married.” Khairie answered.
Alyson cut and confessed “I can’t do this, they’re right, I’m too young to get married.”
Khairie took a deep breath “Fine, you’re right, I also feel the same about t wedding, we’re not ready for this. I guess I’ll go back to Malaysia, then after graduation I will come back to meet you.”
“I love you, Khairie.” Alyson kissed Khairie.
The Final Semester
The final semester for Kris and his friends was coming after their one-month winter holiday. All Jakarta Arts students finally came back to school after taking a break at home with each family. The biggest twist for the twelfth graders would be revealed in each class. As usual in the morning, Kris and his friends came to the class, with the exception Amanda, who was still on holiday in Paris, France, with her family.
In the final semester, all twelfth graders must decide their future, whether to go to the college of performing arts or to start their own career, or to do both.
Dan talked to Kris about the biggest twist “Okay, what’s the biggest twist of the year, I heard last year’s student had a different twist than the students who graduated two years ago.”
“But it could be the same, we could get the same twist as them.” said Kris.
“We’re really lucky that we don’t have to do the national exam.”
“Hi, guys, and please take your seat, Dan.” greeted Robby arrived at the class “Morning, students.”
“Morning, sir,” replied all students.
“Guys, this is your final semester in high school, this is your last chance to do something together, and you’ve been waiting for the final exam as well, you’re really curious about our annual twists and surprises. And the twist will be announced tomorrow on Jakarta Arts official website.”
All students groaned and complained about when the twist of Jakarta Arts final exam.
“But you have to prepare anything for the final exam, so make it counts, not only you’re leaving at the end of the semester, but I’m leaving too after three years here. Let’s hope for the best for us.”
“Amen,” said all students.
At 12 PM, Kris and his friends gathered in the cafeteria, they were talking about the final exam twists and surprises, as well as the last year’s twists.
“I wonder what the twist is.” said Miranda.
“I really hope that not drama exam.” said Justin.
“You know it could be drama, or it could be all, and this year the twist might be the same as last year, but I heard the rumour that we have to sing, dance, and act as our final exam, and it will be permanent final exam for the next years. I heard from my friends, of course.”
“This is our last chance to do something together, do you have any idea before the final exam, Dan?” asked Miranda.
“Yesterday, I had early meetings with the other senior class committees, and we’d decided to present our final showcase, but not only people in Jakarta, but also to the people around the world via our webcast, it’s for promoting our school all around the globe, and everyone, all senior class students will perform on stage, on the final showcase before the final exam, I also had announced via Twitter too.”
“Wow, that’s really awesome, I would love to perform too!” said Alyson.
“Me too!” cheered Miranda.
“By the way, has Amanda known this?” asked Henry.
Kris answered “I tweeted about that to her.”
“So, let’s speak our future, shall we? After graduation, you want to either attend college or launch your career?”
Alyson answered “I think it’s easy, I will relaunch my acting career since acting in Broadway musical, I would love to be in a movie.”
“I think I would love to be a professional dancer, or maybe competing on a dance competition.” answered Dan.
Miranda answered “I don’t know yet, I haven’t decided if I really wanted to stay in Indonesia or go make it in America.”
Justin spoke about his future “I’ll love to stay here and attend college as a regular student, as well as continuing my radio DJ career.”
Henry said “I would like to return to Malaysia, but I would like to stay here too, I haven’t decided it yet. How about you, Kris?”
Kris answered “Me? Wow, I don’t know if I want to stay here, I don’t know if I want to go to USA, and I don’t know if I want to go to Romania only to see Candice.”
Justin commented “You really miss her?”
Kris answered “I really miss her.”
Dan replied “Brother, there are so many girls in this school you can date, you can’t just think about Candice, you must have your backup girl.”
Henry commented “Dan, if I were Kris, I wouldn’t do your suggestion like that.”
Later the bell rang, all students in the cafeteria exited and went back to the classes.
At class, Robby had something to announce, he announced the big news, and he would reveal the final exam twist later.
“Now I have some very important news from the Juilliard School in New York City, America’s preeminent college for the performing arts. And for the first time in Jakarta Arts history, Juilliard is considering one of you for one available scholarship. Miranda Shay,”
“Yes! Yes!” shouted Miranda proudly.
“Amanda Kane,”
“Hell yeah, baby, I’m going to NYC!” replied Amanda.
“Alyson Cage,”
“They watched my Broadway?” asked Alyson to Robby.
“And last but not least… Kristopher Neil.”
Kris was surprised that he was considered for Juilliard scholarship “What?”
“Wow, you’re in the running for Juilliard scholarship, bro!” said Dan.
“Congrats, bro!” said Henry.
“Okay, that’s enough, and I’m telling the final exam twists for this year, I’ll tell it straight, okay? You will be writing your own song and you will perform it in front of the teachers who will judge you if you choose to sing, and if you choose dance, you have to dance in front of us, but the song is selected by each homeroom, if you choose acting, you have to write your own monologue and perform it in front of the teachers.”
All students were surprised by that year’s final exam twist, but at least it was better than national exam in any regular school in Indonesia.
“At least it’s better than national exam, so make it count, prepare anything from now for your final exam.”
Kris tried to call Candice again in his room, but unfortunately she didn’t answer the call, he even tried to text or email her, but she never replied.
“C’mon, Candice, you forget me, don’t you?” said Kris.
Justin came in “Kris, you’re going to Juilliard if you get scholarship?”
Kris answered “I don’t know yet, I’m still confused about my future if I want to stay or go to New York. I don’t know which one is better, I know I want to stay in Jakarta, but… I know Juilliard is excellent college for me. I don’t know.”
“Man, if you move, who will host our radio show?”
“You, Justin, maybe only you,”
“Me, really, man, I can’t host our radio show by my own, we created this show together last year, remember? C’mon, you can’t just leave our radio show.”
“I have so much questions to myself, Candice, she never answer or reply my call or my text or my email since she left to Romania,”
“You really miss her, maybe she’s busy for her final school year, and so are we. This is our final year in high school.”
Dan came “That was the worst senior class council meeting in Jakarta Arts history.”
“Why?” asked Justin.
“They couldn’t meet an agreement; they defended their opinion and declined to accept the cons. And no resolution found, it was hard to lead the meeting.”
“You know it’s really hard being a leader,” said Justin “We have our own problems about our future about what we will do and where we will go next.”
“By the way, have you chosen the final exam between music, acting, or dancing, Justin?” asked Dan.
“I think acting suits me, I know I’ve been radio DJ with Kris, so I chose acting.”
Dan suggested “You better write your own monologue from now before the final exam.”
Miranda came to the teacher’s room only to see Bill, her father, she walked to his table.
“Dad, I never wrote a song before by my own actually, which I think I did with my friends, and I really need your inspiration and motivation to write a song, it’s for the final test. I really have no idea what I am going to write.”
“You chose music, didn’t you?” asked Bill “I want to help you write, but too bad, I can’t, principal said that student must write their own music.”
“That’s fine, after all, I need your motivation.”
“I can’t give you that, but I have some tips for you to make your song heard well.”
“Thank you very much, dad.”
Bill told the tips to Miranda, she wrote down every single word Bill had said, after that she hugged Bill and left the teacher’s room.
In the classroom, Alyson looked at her engagement ring that was given by Khairie, later, Henry came.
“Hey, you’re still here.” said Henry “You’re still thinking about Khairie? You’re planning your wedding? But, we know our school rules prohibit being married while studying here, and teenage pregnancy is also prohibited.”
“Well, I’m getting married sometime on my first year on college in Juilliard, I want to make bigger wedding in the U.S., and I would love to invite you all, all Jakarta Arts students will be invited.”
“As long as they don’t have any problems with their visa, they can come.”
“You’re really right, not all our friends can come, and I miss Khairie already in the first day of our final semester.”
Henry sat beside Alyson “Alyson, I miss my cousin too, I also want to go back to Malaysia ask him if I want to be his best man on the wedding. As we graduate, we’re free from school rules, you can marry him, and you will decide it when. By the way good luck for your scholarship and the final exam, best luck to both of us,”
“Yeah, good luck for you too.” said Alyson.
Kris was writing his new song to be performed on the final exam, he wrote the lyrics and composed the song at the same time, while Dan was planning for the final showcase by seniors in Jakarta Arts.
“Yeah, I know, I really know it.” said Dan on the phone “Okay, thanks, we got another meeting tonight at 8 in KFC Kelapa Gading, tell the others, thank you.”
“You’re going tonight?” asked Kris.
“Yeah, another meeting tonight, I hope they finally agree with each other’s opinion, by the way, I hope you write another great song!”
“Yeah, good luck for you too.” said Kris “And have you thought about your future?”
“I don’t know if I want to stay in Jakarta or go abroad, at least I’ll be chasing my dream to be a professional dancer, and you’ll be continuing your success as a singer no matter your future whether in Juilliard or Jakarta.”
“I still don’t know, bro.”
“You better prepare for the final showcase and the final exam, bro.”
“Hell yeah, guys, I have an idea what I’m gonna perform in the final showcase and the final exam.” said Miranda.
“Wait, the final showcase is called spring showcase right?” asked Alyson.
“Probably, and you may want to perform with me.”
“Yeah, it’s been a long time we haven’t performed together as…”
“We’re The Sundays’ members, remember? So why we don’t perform as a group on the showcase together, and that would be great, and we’re gonna write our new song.”
“Oh yeah, The Sundays has been inactive since September, and maybe the band will continue to make it, and even we will debut in America if one of us get scholarship from Juilliard.”
“Yeah! I can’t wait!! KYAAA!!” shouted Miranda, and she freaked out with Alyson too “By the way, stop freaking out, okay, let’s start writing our song!”
“Yeah, c’mon!” shouted Alyson.
The next day, finally, the details of the senior’s final showcase were announced in the school board or every room in Jakarta Arts, with the exception students’ bedroom, teacher’s lounge, and bathroom. It was revealed that all 12th graders must perform on the final showcase which will be located in Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, and will be streamed on Jakarta Arts website to global audience, and that the senior council was currently looking for sponsors to promote the event.
Most 10th and 11th graders were excited for the event and couldn’t wait to see it, as they thought that the showcase to promote Jakarta Arts not only to Indonesian audience, but also global audience. The date of the event would take on 31st March, before the final exam for the 12th graders. The tickets would be on sale at that time which cost 25,000 Rupiah for Jakarta Arts students and 75,000 Rupiah for non-Jakarta Arts students, but only 50,000 tickets on sale from then.
Most Jakarta Arts students rushed and bought the tickets for the showcase, and… that day, 273 tickets were sold to Jakarta Arts students.
Up next, Jakarta Arts 12th graders started heavily promoting the event via Jakarta Arts website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Path, MySpace, and other social networking websites..
The next day, Dan looked at his laptop and visited Jakarta Arts website, he visited the news section, and saw the latest news which told that… Over 10,000 tickets for Jakarta Arts’ 12th graders’ showcase in Gelora Bung Karno were sold on the yesterday.
“Wow!” shouted Dan.
“What’s up?” asked Henry woke up from his bed.
“10,000 tickets for the event were sold yesterday!” shouted Dan.
“Wow, congratulations, Dan, you’re such a great event planner!”
“Not only me, but the others who discussed the event with me, now we’re searching for the sponsor of the event.”
“I think I can help you with that, Dan, I have a cousin who once held pensi (pentas seni) in his school, maybe he can help you with that. Today is Saturday, isn’t it?”
“It is.”
“Then take a shower, because we’re going now.”
Meanwhile, Kris checked his email on his Sony Vaio laptop, he looked if Candice replied his email, and he found out she hadn’t replied his email. Kris was confused whether Candice forgot about him or had a new boyfriend already. He turned off his laptop, took his guitar, and continued writing song while thinking about Candice.
He said “Candice, why you never replied my email?” He went outside, then he walked around the school.
“Kris,” called Henry as he walked with Dan.
“Henry, Dan, where are you going this morning? It’s 6 AM.”
“We’re going to see my cousin, and he has experience on creating pensi in his school, coming too?”
Dan suggested “Come with us, Kris, we need you.”
“Yeah, maybe the sponsor needs my star power to help you guys.” commented Kris.
While Alyson was busy writing song with Miranda for both the final showcase and the final exam, and at the same time, Alyson texted to Khairie to say that she truly loved him.
“Alyson, I didn’t realize you’re wearing that ring, is that ring a gift?” asked Miranda.
“You haven’t known that I have been wearing this ring? It’s from Khairie, he gave me in your dad’s wedding party.”
“Wait, you’re engaged, right? So the rumour that said you were engaged is true! Yeah, Khairie proposed you!”
“Miranda, no, please don’t tell anyone about this, Kris, Henry, and Mr Robby had already knew, and yes, he proposed me on your dad’s wedding day. And no one should know this except us, Kris, Henry, and Mr Robby, and I’m getting married, but after graduation to avoid expulsion.”
“Yeah, after all one of the school rules is getting married or being pregnant during school is prohibited, if you do one of those two, you’re out from school, I’m so happy for you to decide the wedding after graduation. But I’m really worried that if one of the teachers finds out you’re engaged, I’m afraid you’re getting expelled too.”
“So we have to still keep this as a secret?”
“Yes, we have to.”
10:15 AM, Kris, Dan, and Henry left Henry’s cousin house in Jakarta, when they came into the taxi cab, Dan got a phone call from senior class council member.
“Yeah? Wow, we got our sponsor? Not only one, but four? Okay, thanks.” said Dan “We got our sponsors!”
Kris, Dan, and Henry cheered and celebrated while on the way back to school.

Comments

Popular Posts