The Musical Life of Kris Neil 3 Episode 10-11


Previously on The Musical Life of Kris Neil:
“This is our last chance to do something together,” said Miranda.
Robby announced “And for the first time in Jakarta Arts history, Juilliard is considering one of you for one available scholarship, Miranda Shay, Amanda Kane, Alyson Cage, and Kristopher Neil.”
Kris was surprised that he was considered for Juilliard scholarship “What?”
“Wow, you’re in the running for Juilliard scholarship, bro!” said Dan.
“Congrats, bro!” said Henry.
You will be writing your own song and you will perform it in front of the teachers who will judge you if you choose to sing, and if you choose dance, you have to dance in front of us, but the song is selected by each homeroom, if you choose acting, you have to write your own monologue and perform it in front of the teachers.” explained Robby.
“Wow!” shouted Dan.
“What’s up?” asked Henry woke up from his bed.
“10,000 tickets for the event were sold yesterday!” shouted Dan.
“Wow, congratulations, Dan, you’re such a great event planner!”
“Miranda, no, please don’t tell anyone about this, Kris, Henry, and Mr Robby had already knew, and yes, he proposed me on your dad’s wedding day. And no one should know this except us, Kris, Henry, and Mr Robby, and I’m getting married.” said Alyson.
“We got our sponsors!” shouted Dan.
Saturday, 30th March, most Jakarta Arts senior finally rehearsed for the last time in Gelora Bung Karno Stadium while preparing for the stage setup. On the next day, it would be their last showcase in Jakarta Arts to the public, and the showcase will not only to be shown to the live audience, but also to global audience via webcast in order to promote Jakarta Arts High School.
“Yeah, that’s a wrap for the rehearsal! Good job, everyone! Tomorrow it will be your show to the world, so make it counts! C’mon, we’re going back to school!” cheered Dan.
“Well, so far so good.” said Amanda to fellow The Sundays members.
“We’ve rehearsed well, really well.” said Alyson “Maybe Juilliard will see our performance and consider one of us.”
“Remember, we’re competing for the scholarship.”
“That scholarship will come to one of us, or maybe Kris, if he wants it.”
Meanwhile, Kris met Henry and talked to him “Henry, will your cousin watch the showcase?”
“He will be watching online as long as his mom is still in Brunei, I think Ethan will also watch it too.” said Henry.
“That’s fair enough, and I’ve sent an email to Candice and asked her to watch my performance tomorrow night, I hope she watches our showcase, I have a song to prove that I miss her.”
“Yep, I hope she listens to your song on your showcase, bro, I’ll help you to edit your song.”
“You’re really nice, but,”
“But what?”
“Um, I can do this by my own,”
“C’mon, man, you need my help, I know that.”
“Thanks, but no, I’m really sorry, Henry.”
“If you really need my help, just ask me.” Henry left Kris and met Miranda “Hey,” He kissed her.
“So, have you made your decision yet?” asked Miranda.
Henry replied “I don’t know whether I want to go back to Malaysia or New York with you or stay in Jakarta, but even though we’re far away, I’m still loving you.”
“Really, yeah so am I.” She kissed Henry again.
9 PM, Kris and Justin went back to their room after arriving at school, Justin finally went to bed, while Kris continued writing his song, he edited every note and word of the song. He continued doing that until 11 PM, he took his iPhone to check the reply of his email, but no reply after all. Kris finally went to bed.
The next day, the day Jakarta Arts 12th graders were waiting for, the final showcase day! Most of the audience started waiting in front of the stadium from the morning to see the showcase, and that was why the showcase was the most anticipated events in Jakarta Arts history yet, after all, not only the live audience who would watch, but also the global audience via webcast on Jakarta Arts website. No wonder that most of the audiences were huge fans of Kris Neil, so the stadium was immediately full of live audience before the showcase even began.
Jakarta Arts senior class committees greeted all live studio audience while offered some snacks and drinks, they also gave the promotional brochure of Jakarta Arts Boarding High School. The live audience included Jakarta Arts 10th and 11th graders and teachers, as well the other audience members including Oli, Carlos, Logan, Vivian, Faiz, Lizzy, and Alyssa, as well as four Juilliard representatives, in which Robby took them into their reserved seats.
At the backstage, Dan rehearsed his dance moves for the last time, and Kris met him.
Kris complimented “Wow, nice moves.”
Dan replied “You will have nice song too, bro, and don’t worry, Candice is probably watching via Jakarta Arts website.”
“I’m worried if she doesn’t love me anymore.”
“No, no need to worry, bro, no need to worry.” said Dan “Everyone, please gather round, gather round, everyone!” Dan asked the others to gather “Guys, this is our last chance to perform together before the final exam, and this is how we promote our school to all around the globe, we know we really want to be famous, so just do your best and don’t screw up, this is our last chance to do something together before the final exam.”
“Guys,” called Robby came.
“Mr. Robby, what’s up?” asked Dan.
“I just want to say good luck to all of you, you all have wonderful talents, you have potential to be famous in the future, and the audience, including your juniors and Juilliard representatives want to see your great talents, so make it counts, do your best.” said Robby “This is also my final year in Jakarta Arts before I go back to the college to pursue my master’s degree.”
“We wish you luck for that too, sir.” said Dan “And join us to say our spirit.”
“Okay.”
“Who are we?!” shouted Dan.
All shouted “We’re Jakarta Arts students! We have great talents! We’re one! We’re gonna be successful together!”
“Okay, take your position! And Esmeralda, you’re going first with Justin, so prepare the orchestra.” commanded Dan.
“Yes, Dan!” replied Esmeralda, then she walked to the stage to prepare.
“And others, get ready!” said Dan.
“Yes, Dan!!” shouted the others.
The curtain on the stage was finally opened as Esmeralda and Justin walked to the stage to open the show. The audience gave them early applause as Esmeralda walked and sat in front of the piano, she started playing the piano and singing “It’s our last chance to do something together before we go in separate ways, and let’s just share the stage together. It’s your last chance to let us shine to present our great talents, and let’s make it shine, and let’s make it shine…” Later the female dancers came to the dance and started singing alongside her “Go Jakarta Arts students, show your talents! Go Jakarta Arts students, be famous! Jakarta Arts, let’s make it shine! Go Jakarta Arts students, and it’s time!”
The male dancers finally came alongside Justin as they sang “This is like the last chance to be famous, this will be the life what you want, this is like the last chance to show your talents, and this is like our last performance. This is our last chance to make our mark, and we’re gonna make history. We gotta show our talents, Jakarta Arts… Yeah…”
All audience members gave them applause after the performance.
“Khairie, you’re watching the show online? Yeah, that’s great, dear, because I’m up next alongside my girl group, The Sundays, we will be performing our new song, hope you like it.” Alyson was talking to Khairie on the phone backstage. After she ended the call, he complimented Justin who was walking by “Wow, your dance is amazing, as well as your performance.”
“Thank you, Alyson, and you’re next after Lewbert performing his hard rock song cover, right?”
Alyson replied “You’re really right, Justin, but after that, I will perform alongside The Sundays members. Oh, I need to go to the stage to prepare.
Kris asked Justin as he came “How’s so far?”
“So far so great, Kris,”
“I agree with that, Lewbert did the good performance.”
Next, Alyson came to the stage alongside the dancers, she started performing All About Tonight which was originally sung by Pixie Lott, she started dancing alongside the dancers and singing “I bought a new pair of shoes, I got a new attitude when I walk, 'cause I'm so over you, and it's all about tonight. I'm going out with the girls, ready to show all the boys what I got, I'm letting go of the hurt, 'cause it's all about tonight.” And she started dancing just like Pixie Lott did in the music video as she sang the chorus “Yeah the night is alive, you can feel the heartbeat, let's just go with the flow, we've been working all week, tomorrow doesn't matter when you're moving your feet, it's all about tonight. We'll be dancing and singing and climbing up on the tables, we'll be rocking this party so tell the DJ don't stop, grab someone if you're single, grab someone if you're not, it's all about tonight.”
“Yeah, Alyson!” shouted Henry.
“Go, Alyson, you can do it!” shouted Justin.
Alyson sung the last chorus “Yeah the night is alive, you can feel the heartbeat, let's just go with the flow, we've been working all week, tomorrow doesn't matter when you're moving your feet, it's all about tonight. We'll be dancing and singing and climbing up on the tables, we'll be rocking this party so tell the DJ don't stop, grab someone if you're single, grab someone if you're not, it's all about tonight.”
As the audience members gave her applause, later, Miranda, Amanda, Esmeralda, and Amirah came to the stage, then most dancers left the stage.
Amirah started rapping as the music started “C’mon, girls, do you believe in love? And I got something to say about it, and this is just for the girls, don’t tell the boys about this, c’mon, girls, do you believe in love? I got something to say, love is not always true.”
Alyson sang “Love is not always true, love is not always true, love is not always true, love is not always true.”
All The Sundays members sang “Love is not always true, something that we focus on, we could be used, we could be cheated on, and this love is not really true.”
Miranda sang “Ask your boy if he really loves you, gotta break up if he doesn’t, never giving your love to the man who used you, and just break up already, ask your boy if he truly loves you if he does continue your journey of love, if he doesn’t just leave him.”
Amanda rapped “C’mon, girls, do you believe in love? And I got something to say about it, and this is just for the girls, don’t tell the boys about this, c’mon, girls, do you believe in love? I got something to say, love is not always true.”
All members sang as the audience gave them applause Love is not always true, something that we focus on, we could be used, we could be cheated on, and this love is not really true. You can lie to me, but you better watch you back, you can fake your love, but truth doesn’t lie, you can cheat on me, but you will regret it, you can pretend to love me, but I will know it, and love is not always true.”
After the song ended, audience members gave them an applause.
“It’s great, and I think Candice really loves the show!” said Dan to Kris “C’mon, you got to cheer up before your closing performance, bro.”
“Dan, we’re up next after the dancers finish performing.” said Henry.
“Hold on, bro!” told Dan, he said to Kris “Do not worry, I’m sure Candice is watching the show from Romania online. And I got to go, time for me to perform with Henry.”
“Yeah, bro, good luck.” said Kris, when Dan and Henry left the backstage, Kris took his iPhone and he got a direct message on his Twitter, he opened the message and he found out that Candice was watching the showcase, Kris replied the message back to remind her that he was still in love with her.
Dan and Henry came to the stage and started performing Dance ‘Till You’re Sick, the audience immediately greeted and cheered them.
Dan started singing as he danced “Dance on the floor till you’re sick, I came to the dance party, I saw my friends dancing and enjoying the party. So dance on the floor, beat the rhythm, nothing really matter if they insult you, they insult your dance but you won’t care after all, you should dance till you’re sick. So c’mon come on the floor and you should dance, dance what you like, dance till you’re sick, no matter bad or good, no matter hip-hop or latin, dance whatever you like, dance till you’re sick. Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh!”
Henry started rapping “I hate criticism loud and clear by those haters who insult us, like we deemed as the underdog, but I think they’re the losers, just enjoy the party, just enjoy the dance, dance as you can, just move your ass off, dance on the floor till you’re sick.”
Dan sang again “So c’mon come on the floor and you should dance, dance what you like, dance till you’re sick, no matter bad or good, no matter hip-hop or latin, dance whatever you like, dance till you’re sick. Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh! Whoa oh!”
Meanwhile, at the backstage, Miranda said to Alyson “Henry looks great on the stage!”
“But Dan is the lead star on the stage.” replied Alyson.
Miranda soon met Kris and said “Kris, you’re up next, you’re going to close before we’re all performing together for the last time to the public.”
“I know.” Kris told.
Alyson commented “Candice will love your performance,”
“I hope so.” said Kris.
“Dan and Henry left the stage, you’re next, c’mon!” said Miranda.
Kris left them and went to the stage as the audience cheered him, he greeted the audience “Hello, I’m Kris Neil, and I’m going to sing my new song.” He started playing his guitar and singing “I’ve been far, far, far, far away from you, you’ve not, not, not been here anymore, I called everytime but you didn’t answer, and I sent an email but you didn’t reply either. I want to tell you how much I love you, but I think you didn’t believe it at all, you seem never communicate with me anymore, eventhough we’re far away. I can’t sleep and I can’t dream, I can only imagine about you, and I need to talk with you one more time, and if you’re not moving, I could’ve been speaking to you, that I really love you so much, and I miss you, baby.”
Dan, Henry, Justin, and Amanda came to see Kris’ performance from the backstage alongside Miranda and Alyson, they said “Wow!”
Justin guessed “He dedicated this song to Candice?”
Henry replied “Yeah.”
“I hope they can be together after graduation.” hoped Alyson.
“Me too.” followed Miranda.
Alyson got a phone call from Khairie, she excused herself “Sorry, but I have to answer this call, it’s from Khairie again.” Alyson walked off the backstage and answered the call “Hi, Khairie, what’s up? Yeah, thanks for watching my performance. What? Okay, about our wedding, the date, maybe…, alright, we will get married at that time, thanks.”
Finally, the Juilliard representatives made their decision and told them to the principal and Robby, Robby said that he would announce their decision later after the performance. Later, all Jakarta Arts 12th graders came to the stage for their final performance.
All sang “Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah. Oooh…”
Miranda sang “High school wasn’t mean forever, we may not stay together, as we will go in our separate ways.”
Justin sang “I know it will be the time when we separate, and I know it’s not really easy to see you all go.”
Amanda sang “We have shared the first moments until the last moments together, but there will be the time to say goodbye.”
All sang “Although we’re far away, I will always remember what you said, I will always remember you, nothing left to forget, because I really know that this friendship won’t be over and will be lasting forever. Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, this friendship will be lasting forever.”
Henry sang “It’s my last chance to tell you something, it’s my last chance to let me shine to bring you music one more time together.”
Dan sang “To make it shine once again before we are saying goodbye.”
Kris sang “We have shared the first moments until the last moments together but there will be the time to say goodbye.”
All sang “Although we’re far away, I will always remember what you said, I will always remember you, nothing left to forget, because I really know that this friendship won’t be over and will be lasting forever.”
Alyson sang “Friendship lasts forever… Oh… Yeah… Although we’re far away, this friendship lasts forever.”
All sang again as the audience gave them standing ovation “Although we’re far away, I will always remember what you said, I will always remember you, nothing left to forget, because I really know that this friendship won’t be over and will be lasting forever. Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah. Don’t forget that our friendship lasts forever.”
The audience once again gave them standing ovation, as all Jakarta Arts 12th graders greeted them for the last time before the curtain got closed.
Robby claimed “That was the best Jakarta Arts’ showcase ever!”
After the show, most of Jakarta Arts 12th graders celebrate for their success of their showcase, while Kris got a private message on his Twitter from Candice, Candice told him that she loved his performance, and she still remembered him. Kris replied to thank and wish him luck for the final exam.

Comments

Popular Posts