Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 11

Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains some coarse language, sexual references, and mature themes, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for children.


“This is Spring Break Preview, people!” shouted Casey to all cast and crew of Flop Love who were preparing at the backstage of Jakarta Arts Theatre, where most students and critics were sitting down to watch their performance of the musical, he advised “We’ve done our best rehearsal yet, but let’s just show our best to the viewers and critics who are watching this Spring Break! Let’s go, people! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!” He then greeted Sophia, who hadn’t wore her costume “Sophia, wear your costume, hurry up!”
“Yes, sir!” shouted Sophia, she then told Ashlee “It’s going to be epic for the viewers and critics, if the critics don’t like our performance, screw them, they don’t really understand how good the musical and all the cast.”
“Hell yeah, you’re right, critics should be careful with us.” Ashlee added.
“Screw all the critics if they attempt to attack us.”
Chris interrupted them “Try to think again, you two.”
“What’s up, you so-so the friend of the swimmer who had just won the regionals?” mocked Sophia.
“Critics may destroy our image of our musical, us, the cast, and the crew, and even Mr. Spencer, they may forbid people from watching the musical when it premieres, but you should know that critics are giving advice to all of us on how to build this musical even better and how we become better than the previous.”
Ashlee denied “That’s not true, babe, critics are here only to mock us if we’re terrible on our performance.”
Sophia said “Or to praise us if we’re better than they expected.”
“Sophia, what the hell? Why you changed in your personality?” Ashlee questioned Sophia’s personality.
“But I guess, if we’re terrible, they don’t give constructive criticisms, instead they give us attack from their criticisms, they’re trying to attack our musical if it’s terrible.”
Casey came again “We’re going to change their mind and prove that we’re giving our best shot, now we better gather round in 5 minutes before we start! C’mon, Ashlee and Sophia! Hurry!”
After Ashlee and Sophia left to change their costume, Chris asked Casey “One question, Mr. Spencer,”
“Just call me, Casey, Chris, treat me like I’m your friend, mate.”
“Casey, are critics trying to attack our musical?”
“No, mate, they just give their opinion, they may be harsh when giving bad reviews, but they may be really nice if they give critical acclaim. It’s part of the the job to receive criticisms in the entertainment industry, mate, if we’re greatly affected by their criticisms, seriously, mate, we can’t ever wake up from where we start. That’s why we have to be open to receive criticisms, Chris.”
“Chris?” Edwin came.
Casey said to Chris “C’mon, mate, prepare yourself!”
“Yes, sir!” Chris walked to the dressing room with Edwin.
Casey phoned Delta after speaking with Chris, however, the call was rejected by Delta, instead connected to the voicemail, Casey told his message with love “Hi, Delta, I really need you to come to the theatre to watch the preview of the musical, I know you want to watch it, so just come to the theatre and let me know if you’re sitting there watching the show, I hope you enjoy the show. I love you.” He then sent a text message to Shawn to come watching the show.
***
Shawn was sitting waiting for Ally in the recording studio inside Balboa Heights Records as he got a text message from Casey, he immediately replied that he couldn’t come watching the musical preview in Jakarta Arts, he added that he had made his appointment with someone, which turned out to be Ally and Oliver, who had just arrived.
“Ally, whoa! You arrived earlier than I thought! Is he your boyfriend?” asked Shawn.
Oliver introduced himself “I’m Oliver, her boyfriend and also a singer like her.”
“I’m Shawn Roday.”
“I know you, you’re one of my favorite award-winning singers, mate!” Oliver shook Shawn’s right hand.
Ally added “We’re planning to record a duet together as my second single of my debut album! I’m so excited because I got to show who I am in this song!”
“It’s not only written by both of us, but also our friends, it was first time performed before the end of the first semester to convince our pregnant friend to stay living her dreams.”
“Wait, your friend is pregnant? Are you kidding me?!” asked Shawn “Damn, one of the rules in Jakarta Arts forbids pregnant teenager, damn it, they must’ve been exposed into 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom! Damn it! Forget it, let’s start recording immediately! C’mon, guys!” Shawn seemed really enthusiastic “You’re going to love it, Oliver, you better send your demo after this recording!”
“Maybe, Shawn.” said Oliver.
“Let’s just start then!” shouted Shawn “After we finish, we’ll send it to the producers immediately!”
***
Back to the Jakarta Arts Theatre, as the viewers were watching carefully, the musical finally began when Katie sang Fairytale Love in a girl’s bedroom stage as her character, Claire Van Den Dungen.
Katie started singing in the bed with happy expression “I have my own fairytale love story that every girl always dreams about, I will have my own fairytale ending when we get married, I believe I fell in love with the right charming guy. I mean it, girls, I’m having the happiest love life ever. The fairytale love life, hey girls, you have to believe it, ‘cause I will tell you my own fairytale love. My love is like a fairytale, I’m dating a beautiful and charming prince, I’m the princess who fell in love with the prince, and I felt we’re closer to our fairytale ending, where we finally get married.”
Chloe complained to Angie “That bitch sings like a baby.”
Angie said “Probably you’re right, unless you sing really terrible at the last rehearsal, rocker whore.”
Chloe said “What? How dare you call me whore!”
“Look, I don’t wanna fight with you, the musical is in the running, critics and fellow students are watching to criticize us, and we hope I am not being criticised too much.”
“Dream on, bitch, if the musical got criticized, everyone got their part, especially you being cocky and slow bitch.” Chloe then left.
“Damn it!” shouted Angie, she took a stick “I’m going to kill you with this!!!”
Meanwhile, Jordan commented about Katie’s performance to Edwin “I think she’s done such a great job, it’s your turn on later scenes.”
“Yeah, as one of the leads, I’m really proud of her, she’s great, she has that pitch perfect, and she’s amazing.” Edwin added.
Jordan then received a phone call from Amber “It’s from Amber.” He answered the call “Amber, hi, we’re kinda busy with our musical preview right now.”
“Jordan, I’m so sorry to interrupt you, I tried to call Will, but he said he’s busy with the school council stuffs during the spring break, I’m at home right now, I’m really worried, there’s no my parents here. I… I…”
“Amber, you don’t sound really well, what happened?”
“Damn, I… I had a great headache, I have been feeling really dizzy since last Wednesday when... Ah, “
“Amber, can you please just explain what happened to you?”
“What?”
“Just explain what happened?”
“What?!”
Edwin asked “What happened?”
Jordan asked Amber again “Amber, just say what you’re feeling right now, you need to…”
“Damn it…” Then Amber’s voice wasn’t heard.
“Amber! Amber! Amber!” called Jordan “Damn it!”
“What happened?” asked Edwin.
Jordan explained “No idea, mate. But Amber has been feeling really dizzy since last Wednesday, she has a great headache.”
“So, should we…”
“We better tell Katie and the others after the performance, I think Amber is sick.”
***
Katie emotionally performed Movin’ On  in front of the audience as she acted like she’s packing her bag and preparing to leave her home “Some believe fairytale love exists in real life, I used to believe the fairytale love exists, but I realized it the love is not always true, I thought I’m having a fairytale story. But it turns out to be a real-life nightmare, so I can’t feel the fairytale ending anymore, ‘cause this is not my fairytale… The charming prince said he truly loved me, I could feel the same love with him, but then he stayed away from me, I know he’s movin’ on… I can’t see your true smile, but your fake smile… So that’s why I can’t feel the fairytale, I’m movin’ on…”
At the backstage, Jordan called Amber several times as other cast members were preparing for their lines and performance, however Amber didn’t answer any single call from him.
“Damn it, Amber!” shouted Jordan.
Edwin came again “Has she answered?”
“Not yet.”
Then Chris came “Hey, you looked not well. C’mon, mate, it’s no time to be…”
“Chris, Amber called me.”
“Amber?” Chris then remembered when he confronted Amber the previous week, he asked again “What happened?”
“No idea, Chris.”
Chris sat down showing his upset face “Man, it’s all my fault…”
“Chris, is something wrong?” asked Edwin.
Chris explained “It was at the prom I saw Amber talking to herself, she then kissed no one, I thought it was wrong, so I asked, I asked about her boyfriend, but she refused to explain who her boyfriend is, mate.”
Fearne came before explaining “Her boyfriend was supposed to be dead already.”
“Fearne?” called Jordan.
“Wait, you’re saying her boyfriend had died, so that’s why it was the ghost of her boyfriend.” Chris concluded.
Edwin denied “No, it wasn’t.”
“So, it was her hallucination.”
Fearne added “After the cast members are revealed, me and Ally try to calm her, but after Will and Oliver came, she finally explained about her boyfriend. Her boyfriend was her first love when she was 12. She ended up having sex with him.”
“Masya Allah!” said Edwin.
Jordan then added “I remember when I talked with Ally about her behavior, she told me about her boyfriend. Her boyfriend died after a tragic accident, he was only 16.”
“Edwin, you’re up next, c’mon!” shouted Paul “C’mon, you slow son of a bitch!”
“Fine, I’m coming!” shouted Edwin leaving them to prepare for his scene.
“I got to call Jamie to take Amber to the hospital.” said Jordan as he took his phone to call Jamie.
***
Ally started singing and recording in the studio with Oliver, he sang the first line “This is the beginning of the best, I am not the person who runs away from the hardest parts... And this is not the worst thing that I’ve ever had, it’s just the beginning, yeah..” Oliver joined her singing the chorus “I’m not gonna run away from these hardest parts, but I will do my best to end these, ‘cause this is not the end, this is not the end. This is just the beginning of my experience, I’m gonna come back stronger than before, ‘cause this is not the end, this is not the end, it’s just the beginning.”
Oliver sang his part “There’s no ‘fail’ word in my dictionary, there’s only the delayed success…”
“Yeah…”
“I’m gonna prove to all of you that I deserve to take that delayed success. It’s just the beginning.”
Then both of them sang the chorus “I’m not gonna run away from these hardest parts, but I will do my best to end these, ‘cause this is not the end, this is not the end. This is just the beginning of my experience, I’m gonna come back stronger than before, ‘cause this is not the end, this is not the end, it’s just the beginning.”
Oliver sang “Nothing is impossible!”
Ally sang “There’s the easiest behind the hardest…”
Both of them sang the chorus again “I’m not gonna run away from these hardest parts, but I will do my best to end these, ‘cause this is not the end, this is not the end. This is just the beginning of my experience, I’m gonna come back stronger than before, ‘cause this is not the end, this is not the end, it’s just the beginning.” Then they ended the song with powerful voice “This is not the end.”
Shawn gave them standing ovation “Whoa! You got to be kidding me, you both are… more than amazing! It’s incredible! Now I just…” Shawn said, however, he didn’t find a new recording “Oh God, where the hell is the recording?”
Ally got out from the recording room and asked “What’s wrong?”
“Crap, I can’t find it! Where the hell is it?! Crap!”
Ally then asked after noticing the record button wasn’t pressed “Shawn, did you press the record button?”
Shawn realized that he forgot to press record button “Oh man!! I forgot to press the button! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! No! Damn it! We have to try recording again!”
Oliver asked “Is he okay?”
Ally turned on the microphone to speak with Oliver “He’s really clumsy in case if you don’t know.”
***
Back to the theatre when the first train station scene was being performed by the cast, first, Edwin was seen acting as Mark Kane, a poor newspaper boy who struggled to sell any single paper to the train passengers and other guests in the station.
“Paper! Paper! Paper! Paper!” shouted Edwin offering newspapers to the people who was walking by the station.
At the backstage, Chris told Remy about the matters with Amber “Remy, I’m afraid Amber is not fine after I had confronted her last Wednesday before the practice. Jordan has told Jamie to take her to the hospital. We’re going straight to the hospital after we finish this performance, mate. Tell the others.”
“Wait, aren’t we supposed to…” Remy replied.
Sophia cut the conversation when he walked in “Hey, aren’t you practicing your lines?”
“We have practiced.” Remy replied.
“You better look at the audience.” Sophia showed the audience members including critics and students watching the musical without any expression “You see those cynical critics, they watch without any single expression, I think they’re hiding something.”
“They’re, Sophia. Critics’ expression during the screening or the performance is can’t be guessed, they’re keeping it cool.”
“It’s part of their job, Sophia, their expression can’t be guessed whether they’re happy with the musical or not.” Chris added.
“Oh, it’s Katie and Jordan on stage touching! Here we go!” shouted Remy.
Edwin held Katie’s hand while standing up “I accidently touched your hand. Oh girl, you looked beautiful. I can feel your smooth hand, girl. Make me see you for the first time. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight.”
Katie sang “I touched your charming hand. You seem like the prince charming Who are you? Are you really the one? The guy whom I’m searching for…” Then Edwin joined her “Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.”
Edwin sang “I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight!” He then touched Katie’s right hand “Can you please say your name, girl?”
Katie replied “After that, you can say your name, lad.”
Both sang as Ashlee and Sophie peeked their performance when they arrived in the doorstep “Oooh… Oooh… Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.  I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.”
Edwin ended the song “First sight.”
***
In Room 233, Amber was lying in bed suffering great headache, she was really in pain, she couldn’t imagine what went wrong with her. She was only thinking about between her boyfriend, Denny, and her friends’ claim that they couldn’t see her boyfriend, especially from both Chris and Ally. She just imagined what would have happened if both of them had seen her boyfriend. Amber just confused why both of them couldn’t see him. Then Denny appeared in front of her sitting on bed.
“Denny… Why they can’t see you? Why Chris and… Ally can’t see… you…”
“I’m always here for you.” Denny just replied.
“Denny…”
“Yeah, I’m here for you.”
“Denny… Why…”
Then Jamie opened the room door without even knocking “Amber.”
“Mr. Jamie…”
“Amber, I need to get you to the hospital, Jordan phoned me you got an headache.”
“No, sir, I’m fine.” Then Amber held her head again as she suffered another headache.
“Amber, you’re sick, you need to go, c’mon!” Jamie then took and bring Amber out from her room.
Amber insisted “I’m fine, sir…”
***
Edwin acted as Mark as he sang I Still Love to Katie who acted as Claire. Edwin’s character attempt to crash into Trev’s house to prove that he still love Claire. Then Edwin started singing as the piano started being played “I come back to see you to let you know, I still got the feeling, I still have the feeling. I come back because I want to see you to ask you if you really still love me. I’ll let you know I’ve been waiting for coming here. Just only to let you know that I still in love, I’ll let you know I’ve been struggling to see you.” Then he started dancing smoothly as he walked to Katie “I just want to say… I just want to say… I still love, I still love, I still love, I still love , I still love, I still love, I still love, I still love.”
In the backstage, Jordan received a phone call from Jamie worrying about Amber “Yeah? Okay, we’ll meet there as soon as the preview done, thanks.”
Fearne asked “Hey, how’s Amber?”
“She was being taken to the hospital by Jamie, so after we’re done with this preview, we should go to the hospital where she was staying in.” Jordan replied.
Chris came before asking “Which hospital?”
“Maybe the nearest one.” said Jordan.
“I got to LINE Ally about this.” Fearne took her phone before opening her LINE app to let Ally know about the information.
***
“This is not the end.” Ally and Oliver finally finished recording the song… for real.
Ally asked Shawn “Are you recording for real, Shawn?”
Shawn found the recording on the computer “A ha! Finally I recorded your duet for real!”
“That’s fantastic, sir!” shouted Oliver.
Ally took her Xperia Z from her pocket after hearing LINE notification “It’s from Fearne.” She read the message “Oh my God!”
“What… what happened?” Oliver read the message before being shocked “Damn…”
“I’m sorry, Shawn, we have to go back to Jakarta Arts!” said Ally running in rush with Oliver.
“Whoa? What happened? Why you…”
“Our friend’s sick and she’s… not good.” Oliver continued.
Shawn followed them “Wait, I think I should go with you too!” However, he came back to the recording studio to turn off the computer “Damn it!”
***
“I’m sorry, Mark, it’s all my fault to let you suffer like this…” said Katie as Claire who was dying in the bed on stage.
Edwin as Mark held Katie’s right hand “Claire, I love you, I love you so much! Please don’t die!”
“Too late, Mark. It’s time and… don’t forget me.” Katie said as Claire’s final words, then Katie’s character died.
“Claire! No!!” shouted Edwin crying as Mark before the curtain got closed.
As the show ended, no one but less audience members was seen giving applause, the critics immediately walked away from the theatre without giving any single applause, much to the surprise of the cast and crew, especially Casey, Katie, Edwin, Jordan, Fearne, Chris, Remy, Angie, Paul, Chloe, Ashlee, and Sophia.
“Holy crap, why the hell happened?” asked Casey.
Katie got surprised the most “But… we’re giving our best shot…”
“But how…” said Chris.
Sophia shouted cynically “That’s impossible! You know that! We shouldn’t have invited the critics!! They’re trying to destroy our show!!”
Angie blamed “Actually the terrible fat girl is screwing the show from the beginning!! She was miscast to destroy Mr. Spencer’s show!”
Jordan angrily defended Katie to Angie “What did you say again to Katie?! Huh!? Say it again to me?!”
Angie shouted “I told you she screwed the show from the beginning!! She’s such a fat bitch who just want to be famous!”
Edwin then defended Katie as well “What the hell?! It’s obviously not her fault! Don’t call her fat bitch!”
“She’s really fat bitch!” shouted Angie angrily.
Paul said “Finally there’s a fight going on.”
Angie shouted again mocking Katie’s eating disorder “You know! It’s obvious from the beginning she’s trying to screw the show! And Katie, yes you! You’re a bitch! You just a fat bitch who suffered from vomitting and can’t eat anything just want to be famous! You can just eat what you want and vomit wherever you want!”
“Hey!” shouted Sophia angrily “She’s suffering! You hurt her feelings!”
“Hey, guys, stop…” Casey was overwhelmed by the fight so he can’t stop it.
Angie shouted back to Sophia “I’m sorry, but she’s deserved to suffered from this nonsense!”
“It’s not her fault! It’s all critics’ fault to ruin the show!!” Sophia yelled back “They can screw the show, but we’ve been working hard for this!”
“Says who?! Huh!” Angie walked trying to hit Sophia, but was stopped by both Paul and Chris.
“Let’s just stop the fight and try working hard, okay?!” shouted Chris to Angie.
Chloe rejected “Hell no!” She blamed Katie “You know what! Angie’s right! Thanks to the fat whore we fight about this! I won’t make it stop!”
Chris said “Excuse me?” Then he noticed Katie’s face showing that she’s upset during the fight, along with Fearne “Mr. Spencer!”
Sophia continued the fight showing her cynical side “You’re whores! You’re all whores!! Screw you! You know that, f*** you!!”
Chloe then pushed Sophia, but later she was held by Paul, she angrily yelled “You shut up, Asian bitch! Now you’re trying to screw the show! What the hell is wrong with you, Asian bitch!”
Ashlee defended Sophia by punching and pushing Chloe to the floor, then Chloe attacked her, most of the cast and crew came to see the catfight as Jordan, Paul, Edwin, and Remy try to stop them.
Angie mocked Sophia again “Take that, Asian bitch!” Much to Sophia’s anger.
“Bastard!!” Sophia yelled as she punched Angie in the face, starting the fight between them.
Katie, who had been seeing the fights, along with Fearne, passed out as Chris and Casey came.
“Katie!” shouted Fearne “Chris! Mr. Spencer!”
“Oh God, Katie!” shouted Chris tried to wake Katie up.
“Chris, Fearne, we better bring her out of the theatre now!” shouted Casey before holding Katie out from the theatre.
“C’mon, Fearne.” Chris took Fearne out from the theatre to avoid fight while pregnant following Casey to exit the theatre through the audience seats. Then as they exited the building, Ally, Oliver, and Shawn arrived.
“Hey, what happened?” asked Oliver.
Chris replied “We got fights after the previews.”
“What?” shouted Shawn “But how?”
“I’ll explain to you later, Shawn, we have something to discuss later.” Casey replied, then he attempted to wake Katie up “Katie, wake up!”
“Katie!” Ally approached Katie “Katie,” She touched her weak hand “Oh my God, Mr. Spencer, her hands are so cold, she must’ve been stressful.”
“We better take her to the hospital.” Casey said as he took Katie on his arms again.
Chris got a text from Jamie “Guys! Guys! It’s Amber.” He told “She was taken to Jakarta Hospital (Rumah Sakit Jakarta).”
“Holy crap.” said Oliver.
“What happened?” asked Fearne.
Chris replied “I don’t have any idea, but it might be related to anything that she only can see.”
“Chris,” Ally said “You feel that too?”
“What?”
“I was entering my room, then I saw Amber was talking alone…” Ally told everyhing from when she entered the room during the midterm week:
“Chris asked me about you, he wanted to know more about you, but I won’t let him know more, this is our secret, only us. I love you.” Amber then kissed Denny again.
“I’m always here for you.” said Denny.
“Amber?” called Ally “Who are you talking to?” Ally couldn’t see Denny.
“Ally?” said Amber, then she realized what Chris had said, she stared at Denny, but he was gone already “Oh no.”
“Amber, who are you talking to?” Ally repeated.
Amber just replied “My boyfriend, Denny.”
“Amber, what do you talking about, you told me he’s dead.”
“No, he’s alive, he was here.” Amber then suffered headache “Oh my…”
“Amber, no!” shouted Ally ran approaching her.
But Amber insisted “Ally, I’m fine… I’m okay… um… maybe I need some fresh air.” She walked away from the room.
Ally finished her explanation “I knew she wasn’t fine.”
“Guys, we got to go!” shouted Casey.
“But what about Fearne?” asked Oliver “She looked really stressed.”
Chris suggested “Fearne, you better go back to your room and stay there to calm yourself down.”
“But I want…” Fearne cut.
Casey said “Chris’ right, Fearne. You’re pregnant, you can’t be too stressful really much, you better rest in your room, okay?”
Ally volunteered to go to her room with Fearne “I’ll go with Fearne to the dorm, I’ll accompany her.”
“I guess I’m going with them too.” Shawn added volunteering himself to go with Ally and Fearne.
Then Ally held Fearne’s shoulder to go, however, before leaving, she kissed Oliver.
“We got to go.” said Oliver.
“Wait!” shouted Remy exiting the theatre “The fight at the backstage is getting worse, I can’t take it anymore.”
“Mate,” Chris friendly hugged Remy “We better bring Katie to Jakarta Hospital, where we will see Amber as well.”
“Amber’s there?”
“Guys, c’mon!” shouted Casey as he started running bringing Katie on his arms. Then Oliver, Chris, and Remy running following him.
***
Back to the backstage of the theatre, almost all cast and crew lead into the fight after most of them blaming each other, Edwin punched Paul after being mocked for being stupid Muslim, however, most female cast and crew members, except Angie, Sophia, Ashlee, and Chloe who were still fighting, were possessed after passing out. As the fight reached its’ climax, Mr. Henderson came and punched the wall louder, much to everyone’s surprise as they stopped fighting.
Mr. Henderson shouted “All of you, my office! NOW!”
***
As usual, streets in Jakarta were in traffic situation… again, which stopped many cars on the street, many car horns had been heard loudly indicating the drivers impatiently waited to drive step by step as the cars in front of them moved. Casey, who was driving the  Ford Focus ST repeatedly honked the car horn. Oliver and Remy sitting in the backseat with Katie in the middle still passing out, while Chris was sitting beside Casey in the left frontseat.
“C’mon, mate!” shouted Casey “We got to go to Jakarta Hospital!! Hurry up!!”
Then Katie woke up, realizing that she was inside the car “Um… what happened??”
Remy noticed Katie waking up “Katie,”
“Whoa?” Chris looked at the backseat “She’s waking up?”
“Katie,” Oliver took a bottle of water beside him “You better drink this.”
Casey asked “Katie, you’re alright?”
“Um… Last time I’m awake I was in the theatre, and how… I get here…”
Remy explained “You passed out during the fight, Katie. By the way, here…” Remy took Snickers from his pocket “That’s alright, that’s just Snickers, just eat. You got to eat.”
Chris asked “Are you okay, Katie?”
“Um… I think so… But what happened with the others?” asked Katie.
“Who?”
“The rest of the cast and crew but us.”
Casey explained “It was the fight, when we leave the theatre, the fight is still continue, they’re blaming each other for the failure of our musical preview.”
Chris asked “Are we terrible, Casey?”
“No, I don’t think you’re terrible, I think you’re all perfect for me, you’re all the best cast that I’ve ever seen, but I don’t have any idea why the audience didn’t give any applause to us. Seriously, I didn’t expect why this would happen.”
Katie said “Damn, maybe Angie and Chloe are right, I’m terrible, I didn’t give my best because I… I… I…” She then broke down into tears.
“Katie, just slow down.” Remy poked Katie’s shoulder “Tell what do you feel, no need to rush, just slow down.”
“Okay…” Katie wiped out her tears with tissue “It wasn’t my best, I was afraid… I didn’t eat this morning, then… I was nervous and anxious, so… I don’t think my performance is not good enough to impress the critics, it was all…”
Remy cut “Don’t blame yourself, Kate.”
Casey then advised “Katie, I saw you performed really well, you nailed it, you impressed me as your teacher and the director of the musical, I know you’re deserved to get the lead role, because I know you can be a great actress even though you’re fat. Based on what I’ve heard from you, I think you’re not confident enough to perform in the musical, even though you’re doing well in the musical, basically you’ve done the role perfectly, but I don’t think it wasn’t your fault, it waxn’t the cast and crew’s fault, it wasn’t anybody’s fault. We’ve done the musical with a bang, but somehow for the critics and the audience, was it enough? Wasn’t it enough to make them entertained.”
Chris suggested “You have to fix what went wrong with the musical, Casey, if not, the musical will be a total bomb for us and no one will be watching.”
Oliver said “Even though I’m not the part of this musical, Flop Love, I’m going to help you.”
“I can’t make the musical fail to gain audience, I’m going too, even though I will be limited as I got to train my self for the national swimming championship.”
“I’ll definitely help you, Casey.” Chris said.
“Thanks, guys.” Casey said “You know, you’re one of the best students that I’ve ever met, you make me really proud, and I’m really proud what you’ve done with the musical even though I’m really strict about practice and rehearsal. So, I’m sorry if I had offended you because of my attitude during the mid term.”
Remy said “No, it wasn’t your fault, we’ve made it because of you, sir. We would have never been this far without you. I just wish this fight couldn’t have happened if the critics had been impressed by all of us.”
Chris said “Okay, I better go to sleep, tell me when we arrive.” Chris put his headset on his ears.
“I guess me too.” Oliver said “Katie, you better rest.”
As Remy saw Chris, Oliver, and Katie closed their eyes, Remy looked on the window seeing the streets full of cars waiting around, he said “Damn.”
“You’re not sleeping?” asked Casey.
“No, I’m just thinking why the hell Angie and Chloe would blame Katie for this disaster after no any applause from both critics and audiences, it just… I don’t think they didn’t have to blame if they’re bringing their perfect performance. Mr. Spencer, let me think about this.” Then Remy started singing “I know what you’re doing, I know what you’re really doing now. I don’t know why you’re doing that, that thing is being done by you. I know you’re doing something you don’t know, you don’t really know the purpose, or maybe I’m just wrong. You better realize what the hell you’re doing, you better stop until it changed you. Don’t listen to the person who ask you for doing something that you’re going ended up in a wrong way, something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you. Something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you to the wrong way. You’re doing something wrong, maybe by someone. You better stop or you’ll get what you don’t want. I know you’re doing something you don’t know, you don’t really know the purpose, or maybe I’m just wrong. You better realize what the hell you’re doing, you better stop until it changed you. Don’t listen to the person who ask you for doing something that you’re going ended up in a wrong way, something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you. Something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you to the wrong way.” Casey then noticed Remy singing one of his original songs from his musical, he heard with feelings, Remy continued singing “I’m trying to tell you, I’m trying to warn you, that if you’re still doing that thing, something wrong’s gonna happen. That would not lead to the happiness, but instead to the sadness, I think you better realize. You better realize what the hell you’re doing, you better stop until it changed you. Don’t listen to the person who ask you for doing something that you’re going ended up in a wrong way, something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you. Something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you to the wrong way.”
Casey praised Remy “You seemed have grown up with the song.”
“Excuse me?”
“Yeah, I heard you, I had seen you’ve been showing growth on your performance. I believe you’re not going to be not only a swimmer, but also an actor, you will be great on both. I think at least you got potential on your singing.”
“Yeah, sir. Thank you for saying that to me, it at least makes me better right now after all these dramas happening. But it gets better for me.”
“Yeah, me too, especially after you impressed me singing Realize outside of the rehearsal and the musical too.”
“Yeah, I just want to sing to express my feelings about all these dramas happening.” Remy jokingly admitted.
***
“Holy crap, I can’t believe it that after the preview in this spring break I had never been so humiliated in all these dramas happening backstage.” Ashlee expressed to Sophia sitting on the bench in Jakarta Arts Square “I better tell my boyfriend about this to express this.”
“You have to, babe.” Sophia said “It’s not really nice to see Chloe and Angie, their energy is so negative, Chloe is so… racist, she angered both of us just because we’re Asians.”
Edwin approached them before asking “Hey, you’re both okay?”
Sophia cynically answered after standing up “Hey? You came here just to ask whether we’re okay, Mark Kane?! I don’t think so, Mark. I’m not okay and I’m NOT OKAY! And where the hell is Mr. Spencer?”
“I don’t know, why you’re acting like a jerk?”
“Because… I’m tired of all these dramas related to anything about the musical, I’m not okay with it, all these badass dramas are just wasting my time. I don’t want to be involved in this drama if it continues, I’m quitting the musical if all of you screw up with all these badass and nonsense drama. You know what, Edwin, you’re not good enough for me to defend your lady, but I’m impressed seeing your performance. And… I just need some time alone.” Sophia left after replying.
“Poor her, I have never seen her sad like this before.” Ashlee said.
“Yeah, especially after all the drama at backstage.”
Ashlee said as she stood up “I don’t blame Katie or you. It just… I don’t have any idea why the hell audience didn’t enjoy the musical, we’ve been working so hard for this, and most of the cast and crew think that… all we’ve done are pointless, they seemed likely want to give up.”
“No, no, no, they can’t give up on the musical.”
“It’s too late, Edwin. It’s all over, we can’t get humiliated in front of the public anymore after being criticized by the critics. We’re all sucks.” Ashlee rhen walked away.
***
Sophia walked back to the Jakarta Arts Theatre, she walked through the audience seats to the stage, where she saw only microphone. She quickly grabbed the microphone as she arrived on stage. Then she saw no one on the audience seats, so she started singing Skyscraper expressing her emotions.
“Skies are crying, I am watching,  catching teardrops in my hands. Only silence, as it's ending,  like we never had a chance. Do you have to make me feel like there's nothing left of me? You can take everything I have, you can break everything I am, like I'm made of glass, like I'm made of paper. Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper…” She jumped to the bridge as she got really emotional “Go run, run, run. I'm gonna stay right here, watch you disappear… Yeah, ohh… Go run, run, run. Yeah, it's a long way down… But I am closer to the clouds up here… You can take everything I have, you can break everything I am, like I'm made of glass, like I'm made of paper. Ooh…” She sang really emotional like she’s screaming “Go on and try to tear me down! I will be rising from the ground! Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper... Like a skyscraper… Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper… Oooh… Like a skyscraper…” She ended the song with so much emotions.
“That’s not the way you sing it.” A woman’s voice was heard behind Sophia.
“Who’s that?” Sophia looked behind.
The woman who commented on Sophia’s singing was Riley, the substitute teacher “You must be really upset after all the drama happening after the previews.”
“Ms. Hewitt.”
“You must be upset, I know it, that’s why you express your anger when you sing Skyscraper, you got too much anger elements on the song, Sophia Zin.”
Sophia explained as she sat down with Riley “I hadn’t been sad like this before, I was really proud of my Asian heritage until both Angie and Chloe mocked me so badly, that’s really nonsense and nobody should express their hates against Asians. I just want to be really famous, and I know the critics will be attacking us by their criticisms, although their criticisms are constructive, it’s… really hard to…” she burst into tears.
“Sophia, critics don’t destroy you, they’re trying to make you get better, better, and better after your last performance, although they’re tough, they seemed really want you to be better and to be known more by the public. Deem the criticisms as your motivations to make you get better than ever. If you can’t handle criticisms, then you know what will happen. C’mon, give me a hug to make you feel better.”
Sophia hugged Riley after she started crying even louder, Riley then hugged her back.
***
Casey finally arrived at Rumah Sakit Jakarta with Oliver, Katie, Chris, and Remy, after parking the car, Chris got another text message from Jamie telling where he was with Amber.
“She’s in MRI.” said Chris.
“MRI?” asked Oliver.
“That’s brain scan, something is happening in her brain.” Chris said “I knew it.”
“C’mon, mate, we got to go!” shouted Casey running entering the hospital, followed by Chris and Oliver.
While Remy took Katie walking entering the hospital “C’mon, Katie.”
“I’m okay, Remy, I can walk by my own.” Katie insisted.
Remy denied “No, you’re not going to pass out again. You’re really unwell, so, I’ll take you there.”
***
Jamie was seen sitting in front of the MRI room, where he could see Amber being brain scanned by the MRI, she was lying worrying the result. Jamie was nervously waiting for the test result. Then Casey, Oliver, and Chris arrived as Jamie stood up.
“Jamie!” called Casey “How’s Amber?”
“Not yet.” Jamie replied.
Then the neurosurgeon opened the door exiting the MRI room “I’m afraid we got some terrible news about your student, Amber Rudolph.” He revealed the diagnosis “It’s a brain tumor.”
“What?” shouted Chris.
“What in the hell…” Oliver said in shock.
Everyone seemed really shocked after hearing the news regarding Amber’s condition, Chris walked back and kneeled in shock. Oliver was also upset after hearing the news as Jamie and Casey were speechless. At the same time, Remy and Katie arrived just to see all of them really shocked.
“Mr. Spencer!” called Remy.

Casey then told “She has a brain tumor.”

Comments

Popular Posts