Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 12

Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains some coarse language, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for young children.

“Damn it!” shouted Chris punched a bench blaming himself “Man, I knew there was something wrong with Amber! I knew it! I knew it! I should have told her it was wrong, but I was too late! Damn it!” Chris kept punching the bench before Remy stopped him by holding his right hand.
“Mate, it’s not your fault, you can’t just blame yourself, I know Amber resisted your question, you’d told me that, bro. It’s not your fault, you can’t add your stress level beside the problem of Flop Love with critics and audiences, Chris.”
“But why her?! Why must her, Remy?! Why?! Why?!” shouted Chris.
Casey stopped Chris “Hey, stop blaming yourself, Chris.”
“Mr. Spencer, why the hell this is happened to us!? Why?! And why Amber must suffer from this brain tumor on her head! I could’ve possibly helped her before it’s too late!” shouted Chris “Damn it!”
“Chris, stop blaming yourself, this is not your fault.” Remy said.
Oliver added “Guys, I don’t understand why Flop Love was heavily panned by critics and audiences after this spring break preview, but I don’t think it’s that bad.”
Casey then received text from Mr. Henderson “Guys, crap, especially Chris, Remy, and Katie, all cast and crew of Flop Love will be facing detention tonight at 7 in the determined classroom, no exception at all, the detention is compulsory for all of cast and crew and everyone who has been involved in the musical, NO EXCEPTION.”
“What the hell was that for?” asked Jamie “Is that really necessary for all cast and crew to attend detention?”
“They had a fight a lot.” Casey replied “And… Mr. Henderson wants to see me regarding the Flop Love failure and the fight among cast and crew also tonight at 7, if I fail to meet him in his room, then he has no choice but to cancel the musical, I guess…”
“He’s cancelling the musical?” asked Katie.
Casey was determined “I won’t let that happen, this is my dream to become a screenwriter and director, I can’t let him cancel the musical, I just can’t! If he cancels, I will be sorry for you too, cast and crew of Flop Love, you’ve been working hard so badly, you’ll be disappointed if he cancels the musical.”
Remy replied “Maybe some will get happier when the musical gets cancelled.”
“What should we do now?” asked Katie.
“I don’t know, it’s 3:35 PM already.” Remy looked at his watch.
“We better see Amber if she’s alright.” Chris told “I feel sorry for her, I was too rude to her.”
Remy touched Chris’ left shoulder “Chris, I told you it wasn’t your fault.”
“No, I questioned her rudely when she got upset with my questions. I feel it’s time to check her.”
Jamie then said “Wait, you wanna see her? Let me take you.”
“I want to see her too.” said Remy.
“Me too.” Oliver told.
Katie added after she had sent the LINE message to Ally “Me too.”
Casey told “You guys go, I’m going back to Jakarta Arts for early meetings with Mr. Henderson, I’ll be right back to pick you up. Jamie will stay with Amber till the night.”
“Wait, what about her parents?” asked Chris.
“Jamie has told them.”
***
In Room 233 Jakarta Arts Dormitory, Fearne was seen sleeping in her bed as Ally and Shawn sitting in front of dining table face to face discussing about Fearne.
“So… The pregnant girl was her? The actress who auditioned last?” said Shawn “Oh, I’m so stupid! I better apologize!”
“No, Shawn, that’s fine, she was impregnated during Halloween Party.”
Then Shawn received a text from the producers after taking his BlackBerry from his pocket “The producers had heard the song.”
Ally also received LINE message from Katie “Oh my god…” Ally got really sad “Amber…”
“What’s going on?”
Ally revealed “Amber got a brain tumor.” She got really emotional “Why? Why must her?! Why?! Amber…” She closed her face with her hands crying louder.
“Ally…” called Shawn “I’m so sorry…” He hugged her.
“Amber… no…” Ally was still crying.
***
Will arrived at Jakarta Arts Square after his business related to his job as school council president, he saw only few people were there due to the fact that it was the spring break. He arrived in front of the announcement board. One of the announcements posted there informed that there would be detention for all cast and crew of Flop Love that night at 7.
“What in the hell is this?” said Will.
“Will!” Jordan called arriving with Edwin approaching him.
“Guys, what did I miss? What the hell happened with the musical?” Will asked.
 “No idea when the audience were really disappointed with the musical, we’ve already given our best, but according to social media like Twitter, Facebook, and even LINE, we received many negative responses.” Edwin replied “We have no idea why the hell this must happen to us, we finally ended up blaming each other, starting from Angie and Chloe blaming Katie, and all of us ended up into a massive fight.”
“Seriously, I don’t have any idea why they mocked Katie.” Jordan added “And we got detention at 7! It’s not fair! Why Mr. Henderson dare did this to us! Especially when we’re called into his office!”
“Guys, I’m so sorry about the musical, but there’s more important than that, what about Amber?”
“Amber?” asked Edwin.
Will realized “Huh? You don’t know yet?”
Jordan asked “What are you talking about?”
Will revealed “She’s in the hospital, she’s sick, she has brain tumor.” Edwin and Jordan were shocked.
“Masya Allah!” Edwin exclaimed.
“Hell no…” Jordan expressed.
***
Casey arrived at Mr. Henderson’s office in anger, he expressed “Sir, what in the hell are you doing to my students?!”
Mr. Henderson who was sitting in front of his table stood up “Spencer, Flop Love is flopping, critics and audiences have been already hating it during the show! Cast and crew were fighting into physical violence after the show! That’s why I’m giving them detention for physical violence! And you too, Spencer, I’ve been watching on your progress of the musical, and I think it’s useless to present the musical to the public!”
Casey denied “It’s not useless, sir! It’s to showcase what they have got with their potential and talents! I know my students are talented during the musical!”
“But it received critical panning from the critics, Spencer! You should remember that! I’m sorry but I have no choice but to cancel the musical if this ever happen again!’
Casey shouted “Cancel? You’re cancelling the musical?!” Casey turned around before punching and threw the book and the Indonesian flag into the floor, he angrily yelled “I’ve been working so hard for this damn! I’ve been rejected! And my musical is flopping for real! All you have to do is to damn cancel it! Do you think it’s necessary, sir?! We’ve been working hard for this and you’re not letting us to continue?!”
“Spencer!” shouted Mr. Henderson “Remember this! If this happen again during practice, you better leave and you won’t be here anymore because you’re going fired!”
“I’ll prove who’s the boss, sir! But you better not to stop them! They’re damn talented, sir!! You better see this damn musical and I’ll prove the critics are wrong!” yelled Casey before leaving the office in anger. After he slammed the door exiting the office, he called Shawn after he had taken his phone.
While in Room 233 Jakarta Arts Dormitory, Shawn was hugging Ally who was crying on Amber’s condition, after hearing his phone ringing, Shawn let Ally go to pick his phone from his pocket, he answered Casey’s phone call “Shawn Roday here.”
“Shawn, meet me at the Square now!!” Casey angrily yelled.
“Man, what the hell happened with…”
“I told you NOW!” yelled Casey.
“Yeah, I’m on my way!” said Shawn. After hanging up the phone, he said to Ally “I got to see Casey in the Square, take care of Fearne. Man, I’m so sorry, we’ll go to the studio after this, you better wait at the gate, we’re going there together.”
***
Chris, Remy, Oliver, and Katie entered Amber’s room in the hospital with Jamie, who closed the door. They saw Amber was lying in bed in limp suffering from brain tumor calling her boyfriend’s name, she stared at them in pain.
“Hey…” Amber greeted.
“Amber…” Chris replied “Amber… I should’ve stopped you.”
“No, I should’ve listened and answered you… I was a bitch…”
“Amber, I was too rude and so were you.”
“Amber…” Katie said in tears.
“Hi, Katie… Don’t be sad…”
“Amber… Why must be you… Why?!” shouted Katie crying, Oliver hugged her.
“I’m okay, Katie, in case if you want to know.”
“Amber!” Amber’s parents finally arrived and entered the room, with her mother reacted emotionally after seeing her in bed “Amber, no!! Amber!” Her mother was crying hugging her father.
“Mr & Mrs. Rudolph.” called Jamie asking them to talk outside, they walked away exiting the room.
Remy asked “You see your boyfriend, don’t you?”
Amber answered “I saw him now, but you can’t see him, I’m sorry.”
Chris asked again “What’s his name?”
Amber saw Denny was standing in the left side before answering “He’s Denny… He was my boyfriend, he died in an accident.”
“How old was he?”
“He was 16 before his death.”
“I’m so sorry.” Oliver said.
Katie said “I better go back to Jakarta Arts before I cry a lot…” Katie left the room in tears.
“I wish I can see him to talk with him, but I can’t, only you can see him.” Remy said.
“Me too.” Chris said “Especially when I saw you speaking to yourself during the prom.”
“What about my tumor…” said Amber “It’s supposed to be cancer, isn’t it?”
Chris replied “No idea.”
“Amber,” Oliver called “go speak to your boyfriend if you need to, we’ll leave you for a while, express your feelings to him like it was the last time before the accident, you better speak to him and say hi from us too.”
“Okay.”
***
“What the hell took you so long, Shawn?!” yelled Casey angrily standing in front of the fountain when Shawn arrived at the square.
“I’m so sorry, Casey, but…”
“No buts! Where the hell is Todd Lawson?! Where is he?! I want him now!” yelled Casey.
“Casey, stop!”
“No, you’re here because I want my musical is getting praised by critics and audiences! I want my musical, Flop Love becomes perfect than ever! The most perfect musical in Indonesian history!”
Todd then arrived “Hey, Casey, Shawn, what’s the big idea?! Can’t you see I’m really busy recording my…”
Casey cut by shouting “Todd, stop! We don’t have any time to chit chat about this! All we have to do is to fix Flop Love to become perfect musical that people have seen! Why in the hell are you relaxing!!”
“Casey, stop, you just interrupted me from my band session! Now all we have to do is to fix the musical?!”
“Yes, Todd! Yes!! I mean yes!! We have to convince them that we’re deserved to do this! I want this so bad! I just want this so, so, so bad! I didn’t think my musical will be failure in the spring break, and it was unexpected for me and the rest of the cast, even though Katie also had thought her negative mind! I don’t want to be failure director, I just want to fix, fix, fix, and fix!!!”
“Casey, stop!” Shawn said “Everybody, everyone, everything in this world is not perfect.”
Casey replied “Then why Breaking Bad was a perfection?!”
“I don’t have any idea why, but at least you can make it better, not to be perfect as you want, if you want to be perfect, it’s not you. Casey, the one we’re looking at us now is not you, it’s not Casey Spencer that I’ve ever met.”
“Shawn’s right, the man who is standing in front of us is not Casey Spencer that we used to know anymore.” Todd said.
Then Shawn sang “Now and then I think of when we were together, like when you said you felt so happy you could die, told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company, but that was love and it's an ache I still remember. You can be addicted to a certain kind of sadness, like resignation to the end, always the end, so when we found that we could not make sense, well you said that we would still be friends, but I'll admit that I was glad that it was over. But you didn't have to cut me off, make it like it never happened and that we were nothing, and I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough. No you didn't have to stoop so low, have your friends collect your records and then change your number, I guess that I don't need that though, now you're just somebody that I used to know… Now you're just somebody that I used to know… Now you're just somebody that I used to know…”
Todd sang his line “Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over, but had me believing it was always something that I'd done, but I don't wanna live that way, reading into every word you say, you said that you could let it go, and I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know…”
Casey shouted “Stop, guys! You don’t get it! You don’t really get it! My musical, Flop Love, is really flop with critics and audiences, and I can’t just let it flopping even further. I’m gonna fix it by myself!” He stormed off to the gate, where Ally was reading her text message on her phone, he even didn’t greet her.
Ally called “Mr. Spencer?”
Then Shawn walked to her “What the hell was that for, Spencer?!”
Ally asked “What’s going on?”
Shawn said “I don’t really know, Casey seemed pretty upset after his musical failed as he didn’t expect, I don’t have any idea why he is so bossy.”
Ally said “Then we’re going to the studio, right? To discuss my collaboration between my boyfriend and I.”
“Sure, they would like to.”
“I’ve just got the text from the producers that they had heard the song, they want us to come now.”
“Alright.”
***
Remy said “Where the hell is Mr. Spencer, isn’t he coming back to pick us up?”
Chris asked “For what?”
Remy replied “We’re facing detention, Chris, all the cast and the crew of Flop Love are facing detention as he told us, we even got the text from our friends.”
Oliver said “He must’ve been thinking really mad about his musical.”
Then Jamie and Katie came, Jamie told “Guys, Katie better go back to Jakarta Arts early to face detention, she really wanted to sleep because she didn’t sleep last night. We got to go.” He and Jamie left immediately.
Oliver asked “Amber’s in surgery, isn’t she?”
“Not yet.” Chris said.
“Yeah, she is, with her parents looking at her lying in bed.” Remy told.
“Hell yeah.” Oliver told.
***
Ally and Shawn had finally arrived at the studio, where they had been greeted by some bodyguards and security guards on the way meeting to the CEO room, they walked as they saw most of the crews, producers, janitors, and officers staring at them. Then they entered the CEO room as the bodyguard in the right side of the door opened the door. As they entered the room, they saw many record awards proving that Balboa Heights Records had won several awards, including the Shawn’s AMIs, Anugerah Planet Muzik, and others. Balboa Heights Records had also won a Grammy.
Beside the trophies being put on the cabinet and the plaques put on the wall they were also bookshelves in every single corner, containing not only books, but also the albums from several Balboa Heights Records artists. Then in front of them, they were table containing pictures of CEO of Balboa Heights Records, the nametag, mug, pencil, microphone, stereo, laptop, and others. Then the CEO turned his chair around to introduce himself to Ally and Shawn, it was not Tim. The new CEO was described having white short hair, quite fat body, small moustache and beard, wearing glasses, black leather suit, white shirt, blue tie, and the most disappointing was… he was wearing black jeans. The name of the new CEO was Alan Balboa.
The CEO greeted them “Good evening, Ally Sanders, Shawn Roday.”
Shawn was surprised “Whoa? Wait a sec, Tim is supposed to be the CEO, right?”
“He was fired after failure in our album sales, so I, his brother, replace him as the CEO of Balboa Heights. As you’ve already known, we have listened to your recently recorded song as a duet. But first, Shawn, can you please let me talk with Ally alone?”
“Yes, sir Alan.” Shawn greeted him back, he said to Ally before leaving the room “Good luck, Ally.”
“Yes.” Ally said.
After the door got closed, sir Alan asked Ally “So, Ally Sanders, I would like to ask you few questions regarding your newly recorded song. First, what is the name of the song?”
“It’s called This is Not the End, we wrote it…”
Sir Alan immediately cut “I’m not asking the reason why you have written or recorded the song, Sanders, yet. Your song is called This is Not the End, can you please explain why the song is called like that, and why the lyrics containing the you-thought-amazing lyrics?”
Ally explained the reasons “The reason why the song is called that, I mean the reason why the song was written by us is to convince our pregnant friend not to leave her dreams away, she thought her dream was over when she got expelled for being pregnant, so we performed in the airport to convince Fearne, even though Fearne is leaving to UK before finally arriving back in Jakarta Arts, we successfully convinced her not to bury her dream, now she’s an aspiring actress like our friends.”
“I had enough answer from that question. Next question, who is the boy in the song singing with you?”
“He’s Oliver Arnett, he’s not only my frequent singing partner at school, he’s not only my best friend, he’s not only my number one fan, but he’s also my boyfriend, we’ve been friends since the elementary school, even though we’re not in the same middle school. I’m glad he’s going to Jakarta Arts too after I had seen his audition, he was amazing, I thought he was really charming with his voice.”
“Why did you choose him to record the song as a duet?”
“Because we had promised to record a duet together since Thanksgiving, when he confessed that he had a crush on me. Then we’re dating for…”
“That’s not the good reason, Sanders!” Sir Alan rudely cut, then he asked again “I ask you again, why did you choose him to records the song as a duet?”
Ally answered “Because I think his voice fits into the song, so we’d decided to record that song together with Shawn.”
“Then why you didn’t ask the producers for permission or consulation to record the song?” asked Sir Alan.
“Because… Because… The reason why I didn’t ask my producer is… I’m always being under control by the producers, I tried to express any idea during songwriting, but they rejected, rejected, and always rejected, they resisted their idea,”
Sir Alan slammed his table “I had enough with that reason, Sanders! The producers gave you that idea because we want you to be successful, we want our record company being in glory again after being defeated by our rival, The WR Records! Now all we have to do is to make your album more successful than your crappy first single with Shawn Roday! Now you don’t have any rights to say your idea to the producers! All the producers have decided what you will have for your first album, I want something edgy for your audience, we need to be the number one, you’re the one who will be, Ally!”
“But…”
“No buts! Starting tomorrow, you’ll be coming here to record your album! You have nothing to do but to obey what the producers want! Period! Get the hell out of my office!” yelled Sir Alan.
Ally then walked away from the office, then he greeted Shawn “Shawn…”
“How was it?” asked Shawn. Ally then hugged him before crying on his arms, he only said “Ally…”
***
Casey was speeding so fast through streets in Jakarta on the way to Rumah Sakit Jakarta, he even crossed the street during the red lights on, then he hit a white Daihatsu Luxio so hard, then he ignored the car, he speeding too fast on the way back to the hospital. The mysterious driver gets into anger after the car being hit by Casey.
***
While on the way back to Jakarta Arts, Shawn was driving his white Chevrolet Malibu really fast with Ally sitting on his left side looking at the streets full of cars and motorbikes.
Ally emotionally started singing “I can hold my breath, I can bite my tongue, I can stay awake for days, if that's what you want be your number one. I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh, I can dance and play the part, if that's what you ask, give you all I am. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it… But I'm only human… And I bleed when I fall down. I'm only human… And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart, ‘cause I'm only human. I can turn it on, be a good machine, I can hold the weight of worlds, if that's what you need, be your everything. I can do it, I can do it, I'll get through it. I'm only human… And I bleed when I fall down. I'm only human… And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart, ‘cause I'm only human. I'm only human, I'm only human, just a little human. I can take so much, ‘till I've had enough. ‘Cause I'm only human… And I bleed when I fall down. I'm only human… And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart, ‘cause I'm only human…”
Shawn got upset after hearing the song, he got really emotional “Ally…”
“Shawn…”
“When I heard you singing that song, it touched me, it touched me that we can’t fake our things, we can’t fake everything we own, we’re just humans, we’re just us, you’re yourself, I’m myself.”
Ally said “I can’t fake everything, everything I recorded is not me, I didn’t see myself in every song I recorded with the producers. I… I really don’t think I’m recording the songs, except when I record my duet with you.”
Shawn said “Ally, don’t cry, because… somehow I got reminded when I first record my first album, I got some pressure from my parents not to do that, but I know this is my dream, and I’m proving that I’m one of the greatest singers in Indonesia, I won several AMIs, Anugerah Planet Muzik, at least I think I’ve made my parents really proud of me. So, Ally, it’s your choice now, whether you want to quit the record company or…”
“No, I won’t.”
***
Oliver, Chris, Remy, and Amber’s parents followed the surgeons bringing Amber to the operating room after getting out from the elevator. After the surgeons entered the operating room with Amber in bed, Amber’s parents immediately sat down on the bench in front of the OR. While Oliver, Chris, and Remy stood up in front of the room.
“All we can do is just wait for her.” Oliver said.
“And attending the detention.” Remy added.
“What?” asked Chris.
“We’re the cast and crew of Flop Love, mate, we’re facing detention with no exception.”
“Where the hell is Mr. Spencer then?” asked Oliver “He’s supposed to arrive here now.”
“Amber…” Chris touched the OR room door “Amber…” He started singing “She’s watching the taxi driver, he pulls away, she’s been locked up inside her apartment a hundred days. She says, ‘Yeah, he’s still coming, just a little bit late, he got stuck at the laundromat washing his cape’. She’s just watching the clouds roll by and they spell her name like Lois Lane, and she smiles, oh the way she smiles… She’s talking to angels, counting the stars, making a wish on a passing car. She’s dancing with strangers, falling apart waiting for Superman to pick her up in his arms, yeah, in his arms, yeah, waiting for Superman… to lift her up and take her anywhere, show her love and flying through the air, save her now before it’s too late tonight, oh, at the speed of light, and she smiles… She’s talking to angels, counting the stars, making a wish on a passing car. She’s dancing with strangers, falling apart waiting for Superman to pick her up in his arms, yeah, in his arms, yeah, waiting for Superman… to lift her up and take her anywhere, show her love and flying through the air, save her now before it’s too late tonight, she’s waiting for Superman…”
Inside the operating room, Amber saw many surgeons preparing for her brain surgery, as well as Denny, she greeted him “Denny…”
“Amber…”
“I think this is goodbye forever for you.”
“Yeah, I’m always here for you, bye, Amber.”
Amber said her goodbye before being anesthetized by one of the surgeons “Bye, Denny…”
Chris saw the surgeons started the brain surgery on Amber, the neurosurgeon took the scalpel “Amber.”
Remy approached him and held his right hand “Hey, she’ll be fine, don’t worry, she’ll escape from this brain tumor.”
“I know.”
Casey then arrived “How is it now?”
Oliver replied “She’s in surgery right now, we’re hoping the best, sir. I’m going to stay here with her parents, I’ll let you know about the updates about her.”
“Thanks, Oliver, you better be careful. Chris, Remy, let’s go!”
“Yes, sir.” Remy replied “Chris, let’s go.”
“Amber…” Chris said before leaving with Remy and Casey through the elevator.
While Oliver texted to Ally, Will, Katie, Fearne, Jordan, and Edwin about the surgery.
***
Katie arrived at Jakarta Arts Square greeting Will, Jordan, and Edwin, who were just standing in front of the fountain “Guys.”
“Katie.” greeted Edwin “I’m glad you’re okay.”
“We’re really glad.” Jordan told.
“How’s Amber?” asked Will.
Katie replied “She’s got a brain tumor.” Then she received a text from Oliver “She’s in surgery right now.”
“Man, we need to hope that Amber will be fine after this, then it’s the detention for you three, and the rest of the cast and crew of Flop Love.” Will told.
***
“Are we facing detention like usual?” asked Chris, who was sitting in the backseat “Mr. Spencer?”
“I have no idea, at least, I’m not one of the teachers who will be watching the detention of all of you, I need to just focus on what went wrong with Flop Love, what the critics didn’t like the most, I… I just need to make it perfect, I’m so upset when I think it was good, I’m so angry and upset! I can’t just stand here and… Why the hell…” Casey got upset as he drove.
Chris said confronting him “Sir, you taught us to accept criticisms, you told me during the show, and why the hell did you say that to me when you’re angry not receiving any single criticisms from critics. Okay, now we don’t have any idea why Flop Love is really bombshell for critics this spring break, I understand why did you tell that sentence to me, but why don’t you just stop saying and do it, sir!” he realized “I’m so sorry, sir.”
“No, Chris, I… I just think it was perfect, and I didn’t think it would happen.”
Remy added “Sir, even though Flop Love is not as perfect as Breaking Bad, at least we can be ourselves, for us it’s perfect, but audience has different feeling with the musical.”
“Guys, we better go back before we’re late for detention, and… to keep the musical alive.”
Then suddenly, Chris saw a speeding white Daihatsu Luxio from the right, he warned “Mr. Spencer!”

However it was too late when white Daihatsu Luxio crashed Casey’s Ford Focus ST. Casey’s Ford Focus ST spun, spun, spun across the street which made several car crashes, most of the car stopped after that accident. A total of 5 cars were looked spun and destroyed by the white Daihatsu Luxio. Then… what about Casey, Chris, and Remy?!

Comments

Popular Posts