Arcade Station Episode 5 (English Version)



Episode 05: Who is Your Waifu? -She is My Wife-

“Am I dreaming or something?” asked Toshi to Aishiro upon seeing Sung Mi playing Pump It Up Prime 2. “Is she… the girl who I met in the dance competition earlier?”
“Damn! You don’t say!” Aishiro patted Toshi’s left arm.
“I don’t know what to say,” Toshi got freaked out. “She said that she would like to see me again. Why? I don’t know! I don’t really know!”
Aishiro slapped Toshi’s shoulders. “Toshi, calm down. Just be you and ask the girl who you like, that one.”
“I can’t do this!”
“Yes, you can!”
“No, seriously, I can’t!”
“C’mon, Toshi, you’re not a quitter, you’re a fighter! You’re a gamer too!”
“Goddammit, Aishiro, it’s easier for you to say. I’m a gamer doesn’t mean I’m great in social skills.”
“Hey,” Sung Mi greeted them after finishing the game. “You two…, I’ve seen you in the dance competition, right?”
“Uh… yeah, we are,” Toshi replied.
“C’mon, dude! You’re better than this!” Aishiro whispered.
“Uh…, I know this is kind of… awkward for us. Uh…, you’re coming back here tomorrow?”
“Of course, it’s spring break. Of course I’m going back here,” Sung Mi answered.
Toshi finally asked the ultimate question, “Uh…, would you… go out… with me tomorrow? After… we arrive here?” His ultimate question made Aishiro facepalming himself.
“Sure,” Sung Mi simply answered. “I would love to.”
“Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow then,” Toshi awkwardly said before seeing Sung Mi leaving Arcade Station.
“Well….” Aishiro replied.
Toshi freaked out again, “Aishiro!!! I totally asked her for a date! I don’t know what to do!! It’s just too fast!”
“Calm down, Toshi. Calm down. You like her, right?”
“I indeed like her, but… I don’t have any idea what we’re doing tomorrow!”
“Okay, Toshi, please calm down. I’m gonna help you deal with it. Tomorrow, you should come earlier since it’s spring break. I’m gonna do some kind of research how to make your first date success.”
Toshi patted Aishiro’s shoulder in front of him. “Aishiro, please, do it right, or else, I can screw my first date ever. I have never gone on a first date yet, so… I freaked out about this one.”
***
It was the first day of spring break in town, most of the youngsters started spending their time in their favorite places, including in mall, just for shopping and hanging out. For Ward, being a college student, he could refresh his mind after getting so many materials in his classes he had taken that semester.
He totally knew where he was going to for his spring break destination, Arcade Station of course! First spring break mission in Arcade Station for him was… gaining more skills on Pump It Up!
He was playing the first stage on Pump It Up Prime 2, choosing SHK – Death Moon for the first song with difficulty D17 (Double 17), which mean he had to use two dance pads during the gameplay. He pressed the arrow buttons as shown on screen in front, at least he did it well enough to earn a rank A at the end of the stage.
NEXT STAGE!
As he had to choose another song for the second stage, an unexpected guest finally arrived. He was focused on the screen as the unexpected guest happily greeted him.
“I knew you’re also here for the spring break! Gotcha, Ward!” Turned out it was Gavin.
Ward turned around to reply, “Hello, Gavin.”
“Whoa, you play Pump too?” asked Gavin.
“Yeah. Since DDR was removed, I also frequently play Pump. After all, I play rhythm games too.”
“Fair enough. Let me join you.”
Gavin walked approaching the cabinet and swiped his game card to insert his credit. Then the notification “HERE COMES A NEW PLAYER” appeared on screen. Both Ward and Gavin pressed the yellow button on the dance pad.
“So, I’m gonna pick the song for your second stage. I’m gonna beat you in the same level,” Gavin said.
“You’re Pump player too? And you can play high level too?”
“Of course! I play Pump a lot when I was in high school. Okay, let me pick the song.”
Gavin decided to choose ATAS (NaSch) – Asterios (Reentry) with difficulty S16, Ward also picked the same level. As they were ready to take the second stage, Gavin pressed the yellow button on the dance pad.
“Here we go!” Gavin got excited before the song started.
Once the song started playing, they immediately stepped on the dance pad buttons corresponding to the arrows on screen to the beat of the song. Gavin saw Ward did perfectly step on the buttons on time, mostly receiving PERFECT judgement.
“Whoa, you’re good at this? Experience from DDR?” asked Gavin.
“Yup. Thanks to DDR, I can play harder difficulty on Pump,” Ward replied.
***
“You often use Marisa Kirisame in your profile picture,” Aishiro looked at his phone screen while talking to Ian. “You often use your Marisa figurine in your Instagram. Whoa. Is Marisa you called as your waifu?”
“Obviously! Marisa is my favorite character on Touhou! Not only that, Tohru from Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid is also my favorite waifu,” Ian replied.
“Dammit!! Why there’s no Himouto! Umaru-chan’s new chapter?! I’ve been waiting for about three months since the last chapter!” Dave got frustrated upon seeing his phone screen.
“Any news on Touken Ranbu Hanamaru from Ufotable?” asked Xephyr sitting in front of Maimai cabinet.
“Magical girl anime with darker storyline is totally epic! I rewatched Magical Girl Raising Project two times! Then I moved on to Yuki Yuna!” Don happily said.
“So both Yuki Yuna and Hardgore Alice is your waifus, Don?” asked Hans. “By the way, Yuki Yuna season 2 had been announced recently.”
Aishiro asked, “You also like to watch anime, Don?”
“I’m not following anime too much, but I watched some of the interesting anime series recently. Sound Euphonium is also cool,” Don replied.
“By the way, it’s good thing that Fuuka didn’t die in the anime adaptation, I’m glad,” Dave added. “Seriously, I need Umaru-chan Season 2 so bad! I know there’s a Chinese adaptation coming this year, but it’s not worth it.”
Xephyr looked at the phone screen, “Whoa, you guys setting your waifu as your profile picture. Ian, as usual, Marisa Kirisame. Dave, Umaru-chan. Don, Tohru. Then … Norcross, Rise-chan from Persona 4.”
“H, guys,” Norcross, a short haired guy who also wore glasses, greeted.
“Hey, we’re just talking about you,” Don greeted.
“Anyone plays Maimai right now?” asked Norcross.
“Not now,” said Xephyr.
“Okay, I’ll play.” Norcross swiped his game card to insert his credit to play Maimai.
“Wanna multiplay?” asked Ian.
“Sure.”
“Umaru! Umaru! Umaru!” said Dave. “Please hurry up releasing the latest chapter already!”
“Toshi! You’re here! Ready for your first date!” Aishiro greeted Toshi who just arrived.
Xephyr was surprised. “Whoa! You got a date?”
“Dammit, Toshi! You already asked a girl?!” shouted Don.
“Yeah, but I’m freaking out, dude! I don’t know what to do,” Toshi shouted.
“Relax, Dave and I just made a list what to do for your first date. And we’re not going to tell her, but you’re,” Aishiro said.
“Me?”
“Yeah, you,” Dave replied as he looked on his phone screen. “First, you need to ask her for a lunch for two. Then you better get her for some shopping, and we’re going to… do the flashmob.”
“Flashmob?!” shouted Ian, Don, Xephyr, Hans, and Norcross.
“Sounds cool, but what we’re gonna dance?” asked Hans.
Dave suggested, “Since we’re often speaking our waifus lately on LINE, we’re gonna dance to She is My Wife. The choreography is from Dance Evolution, simple.”
“Hi, guys,” Amy waved her hand as she approached them. “Oh, so you’re having a flashmob? So sweet! That’s why spring break is going to be epic.”
“Oh! It’s the girl, Toshi! In front of Aikatsu!  Hurry, better ask her for a lunch!” Aishiro pushed Toshi.
“Hey! Stop! Stop!!” shouted Toshi. “I can walk by my own!”
Amy volunteered, “Let me show the choreography so you can train from now.”
“Okay!” said Don. “Excited for Toshi!”
“It’s okay to use anti-mainstream song, but She is My Wife sounds brilliant!” Hans got pumped up.
“Is anyone else coming here? You better tell them to join the flashmob!” said Aishiro. “Dave, we’re spying on Toshi and his date.”
“Alright!” said Dave leaving with Aishiro.
“YEAAAAH!!” shouted Ian upon seeing FULL COMBO on the Maimai screen.
“Full combo?!” shouted Don.
***
“Sung Mi!” Toshi greeted the girl who stood by the entrance.
“Hi…, Toshi. So,”
He quickly asked, “Would you go on a lunch with me? In the food court?” Toshi punched his own leg as he was too anxious to ask. He felt so stupid and reckless asking some kind of the awkward question.
“Sure. It’s lunch time, right?” Sung Mi smiled.
“Yeah!” Toshi awkwardly shouted. “I mean…, great. What you want to eat in the food court?”
“Don’t know yet. We’ll see about that,” Toshi asked Sung Mi to leave Arcade Station area to the food court.
***
“Dammit! You got an S in the last stage!” said Gavin as he played his last stage with the song TatshMusicCircle -  Sora no Shirabe with difficulty S15. “I got a salt, only one miss in BlackPink – Boombayah!”
“By the way, you can play Groove Coaster too, can you?” asked Ward.
“Yeah. But not Maimai. I can’t play Maimai, it’s too confusing.” said Gavin after he saw on screen that he got rank A on his final stage. “I want to try level 10 songs on Groove Coaster, and you should too.”
“Wait, I have never played any of level 10 songs on Groove Coaster. So SAFE is allowed right?”
“No SAFE or any items allowed!” shouted Gavin. “We’re going to play level 10 songs in all three stages!”
“Eh?” shouted Ward following Gavin to Groove Coaster cabinet.
Gavin swiped the game card before tapping his NESICA ID card on the card reader. Ward also followed suit. Afterward, they selected “Multiplayer” mode.
“Okay, the player who gathered the stars the most wins this round. You’re ready?”
“Alright!” shouted Ward. “I’ll pick my favorite song for the first stage.” Ward picked Cosio – Black Mind for the first stage.
“HARD level 10.” Gavin picked the level.
“Fine! No items!” Ward also picked the level.
Once the song started, both of them tapped the button really well following the beat without getting any MISS. Once the song started showing more beats, both bashed the button like crazy, frustrated with the difficult chart of the song, especially in the middle section.
“Dammit!!” shouted Ward. “I got a lot of MISS!!”
“Same!!” shouted Gavin.
At almost the end of the song was also no kidding either, they bashed the buttons again, confused with the chart, making a lot of MISS, resulting in failing the stage as the Groove Gauge meter didn’t go gold. They ended up failing the first stage.
“Oh damn, you got higher score than mine,” Gavin said. “Let me pick the song for the second stage.” He picked Tiny Tales Continue for the second stage.
“Dammit! I hate this song!” shouted Ward. “Seriously. I even hate the NORMAL level 6 chart, now HARD level 10 chart is so confusing.” He picked HARD level 10 difficulty.
“I told you, being a masochist is such a good idea.” Gavin said as the song started.
“AAARRRGH! What the hell is this?!” Ward screamed as both of them bashed the buttons.
***
“Um… I’m serious, I would love to dip my fries to my chocolate milkshake,” said Toshi sitting on the table with Sung Mi. He ate the chocolate milkshake dipped fries in front of her. “It’s totally delicious.”
Sung Mi laughed as she looked around the food court. “Pretty crowded here, maybe it’s spring break.”
“Yeah… uh…, you’re right actually. It’s spring break after all, haha. Now you try it.” Toshi gave one of his chocolate milkshake dipped fries.
Sung Mi ate the fries. “Whoa, it’s so cool. I like the person who combine the unique twist of food like you.”
“You wanna go shopping right after lunch? I heard the department store downstairs is having a discount, big discount sale!”
“I’m not sure, but I guess I’ll take a look,” Sung Mi replied.
“Yeah! I mean, yeah, I guess I’ll take a look too,” said Toshi.
Aishiro, who sat with Dave right in front of Toshi’s table, talked to Dave, “Guess what? So far it works. Lunch time somewhat works. Now what’s next?”
“Just like Toshi said, shopping,” Dave ate a chocolate milkshake dipped fries right in front of him.
“Uh, do you think it’s… tasty?”
***
“I mean, recently they’re talking about waifu, I mean their favorite female anime characters, or some kind of Japanese video game,” said Ward as he played Maximum Tune 5DX as if he was driving a real car.
“Whoa, your friends are in some kind of arcade game community, right?” Gavin also played the game in multiplayer mode.
“Yup.”
“You have fun there? What is the name of the community?”
“I do have fun, if you join their LINE group, don’t freak out, lots of random stuffs happening there. Oh yeah, the name is Movement Rhythm Community, the members mostly are huge fan of rhythm games, they also play other games like MT5 (Maximum Tune 5).”
“Almost there!” shouted Gavin as his car almost crossed the finish line. “WOOO!!”
“Damn it! I lost!” shouted Ward.
“WOOO!!” Gavin shouted again.
“Whoa, you know how to have fun with games,” Ward critically praised Gavin. “I bet you’re a true gamer. Earlier this morning, I saw your Instagram Story, you’re showing off your PlayStation 4. Well, you’re enjoying playing the games so much in the arcade like Arcade Station.”
“True! I recently finished playing Uncharted 3 and Persona 5. You also have game console?”
“No,” Ward replied. “By the way, wanna take lunch in the food court?”
“Oh, it’s lunch time, right? No wonder I’m already hungry when I play this game.” Gavin saw GAME OVER text on screen. “So, want to buy some sandwich?”
“Yup. I haven’t bought the sandwich from the food court before.”
***
“It was entertaining, right?” Sung Mi said to Toshi as both of them walked out from the department store.
“Whoa, you didn’t buy anything?” asked Toshi awkwardly.
“No. Even the clothes I recently like from the department store impressed me so much, I have to save my savings for later in case if they are more better clothes. Wanna go back to Arcade Station?”
“Sure,” Toshi walked following Sung Mi to the escalators in front of department store.
“Damn it! It’s still too early!” shouted Aishiro who was standing in front of the fitting room next to the entrance.
“I’m going to buy this one!” Dave walked out from the fitting room bringing the blue Reebok t-shirt.
“Hurry! It’s too early to go back to Arcade Station!” shouted Aishiro pulled Dave’s hand.
Dave was still bringing the unpurchased blue Reebok t-shirt with him, setting off the shoplifting alarm. “Aishiro!! Wait!! I haven’t paid for this yet!!”
***
“I bet this one, this BMT sandwich is the bestselling item in the sandwich sub around the country. I don’t know you haven’t tried this yet.” Gavin took a picture of his sandwich standing on the table in front of him.
“I rarely eat here, in the food court next to Arcade Station. I just ate sushi recently downstairs, I mean after the gathering.” Ward also looked at the exactly same sandwich on the table. “Looks awesome, can’t wait to taste it.” He took his sandwich and gave a bite on it. “Hmmm, it’s fresh and meatier, I mean meatier than the regular sandwich.”
Gavin also took the sandwich before eating it. “Yup, the sandwich is made up of sliced salami, pepperoni, and sliced chicken.”
“Ward!” Aishiro called as he arrived with Dave. “You’ve seen Toshi?”
“No,” Ward replied.
“Hey, young man, you need to pay for that one,” A security guard immediately greeted Dave.
“Yes, Sir, I obviously forgot to pay this one.” Dave walked following the security guard back to the department store downstairs.
“Hey, you’re matchmaking someone?” asked the security guard as they crossed the elevator back to the department store.
“Whoa! You know me? Yeah, I’m matchmaking my friend with a girl. Too bad he’s too shy to say it out loud.”
“Hope he will make it. And you still have to pay for that t-shirt.”
“I know.”
***
“Toshi’s back!” shouted Amy seeing Toshi and Sung Mi entered Arcade Station.
“Crap! Everyone!” shouted Ian to all Movement Rhythm Community members standing in front of Dance Evolution Arcade cabinet.
“He’s back again? Too early, dude!” shouted Don.
“Hey, looks like they’re playing Time Crisis 5,” Hans noticed both Toshi and Sung Mi.
“Stop! Stop! Stop! We’re done with practicing for less than one hour!” shouted Amy. “Everyone, in your position! We better get ready! Ian, don’t forget the music from Dance Evolution!”
“Alright!” Ian swiping his game card on Dance Evolution Arcade cabinet.
“What is going on up here?” asked Ward after entering with Gavin while bringing his sandwich which he ate earlier.
“Are they the community you mentioned earlier?” Gavin pointed on everyone standing in front of Dance Evolution Arcade cabinet. “Whoa, everyone got distracted.”
“What in the hell are these people doing in front of Dance Evolution?” Ward noticed Aishiro entered Arcade Station looking at Dance Evolution Arcade cabinet happily. “Aishiro, you know what’s going on here?”
“Toshi! They’re coming!” shouted Amy.
“Hurry up!” shouted Hans.
“Okay!” Ian picked She is My Wife on Dance Evolution Arcade.
“Whoa!” shouted Sung Mi as she arrived with Toshi.
“What are you guys up to?” Toshi was as if he didn’t have any idea what they were doing.
“We’re doing some dance routine for you two!” shouted Ian as he picked MASTER difficulty for the song.
Then everyone who stood by the Dance Evolution Arcade turned back facing both Toshi dan Sung Mi. Everyone who stand by and lined up for playing their favorite games got distracted to the flashmob, which surprised both Ward and Gavin, who were also watching.
As the music started with slow tempo, everyone in the flashmob began their dance routine. Later, when the piano sound with slow tempo got heard, Ian immediately talked the first verse:

ai——
sore wa, toki ni utsukushi, toki ni hito wo kuruwaseru.
kimi to sugoshita, ikutsumono yoru.
mabuta wo tojireba, iroasenai omoide ga, ima mo senmei ni yomigaeru.
shikashi, ano koro no kimi wa, mou koko ni wa inai.
aru no wa, kimi ga nokoshite kureta, nukumori to, kaori dake da.
She Is My Wife!

The song quickly turned from slow piano performance into fast paced Eurobeat dance song, where everyone in the flashmob began dancing seriously right in front of the audience, especially Toshi and Sung Mi.
Everyone shouted, “SUPERSTAR!”
Ian and Amy were leading the dance with more power following the choreography shown on Dance Evolution Arcade cabinet’s screen. The rest of them made some mistakes, but they followed the rhythm well and the dance movement shown by Ian and Amy.
Gavin commented to Ward, “Whoa, I didn’t know this game can be used for flashmob.”
“I actually used to play this song a lot in DDR. I’m glad they’re showing the choreography for real,” Ward said.
As the song reached its’ climax, Ian finally said the lyrics again.

ai, yume, kibou——
kimi to sugoshita hibi wo, are wa, kesshite wasure wa shinai.

This was followed by everyone singing the last verses of the song with more power.

Ahh Ahh Ahh...
She Is My Wife…
Ahh...

The song ended with everyone in the flashmob pointing their fingers. Everyone who watched the flashmob dance performance clapped their hands, including Ward and Gavin, who were amazed with the dance performance.
Toshi finally talked to Sung Mi, “Well, what do you think with the dance?”
“Seriously?  That was brilliant!” said Sung Mi.
“Whoa! I’m glad you like it!” said Toshi when he touched Sung Mi’s right hand.
“Toshi, to be honest, I didn’t expect this at all, all you have done to me are impressive. But, I think you’re taking this too seriously. You just… as if you’re having your first date. All I want is actually to simply hang out with you,” Sung Mi revealed.
“Eh?” Toshi ended up getting speechless.
“EEEEEEH!!!!” everyone standing by the Dance Evolution Arcade cabinet screamed in shock.
“WHAAAT?!” shouted Aishiro.
“Well, that was an epic hang out after all,” Sung Mi smiled.
“Maybe, I should’ve not worried about that after all,” Toshi replied.
Gavin finally talked to Ward, “Your community is totally epic!!”
“Gavin?”
“Ward, I would love to join your community!”
“Eh?”
Gavin happily asked, “Ward, may I joined your arcade game community? So we can play arcade games together here!”
“Hold on, I’m gonna talk with Ian about that later.”
***

MOVEMENT RHYTHM COMMUNITY (99)
4:31 PM
Ward Davenport invited Gavin Booth to the group.
4:32 PM
Gavin Booth joined the group.
Hans Taggart
Everyone! (4:32 PM)
I got some great news!! (4:33 PM)
Btw, welcome new member (4:33 PM)

SDVX and Museca coming to the town next door! (4:34 PM)

Comments

Popular Posts