Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 6


Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains drug references and some coarse language, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for children.

Remy looked at the mirror in the bathroom, he looked at himself holding something, he then remember that night:
Remy walked to the gents’ bathroom next to the gym, when he entered the room, he saw Joel in front of the sinks and mirrors standng.
“Do you want to win?” asked Joel.
“Yes.”
“Why do you want to win the swimming competition?”
Remy explained “I want to prove that 10th grader actually can defeat the seniors, they mocked me, they thought I couldn’t win, so that’s why I want to tell why I deserve to win this!”
“Very well, nobody needs to know if we’re here.” Joel took something from his pocket, which made Remy shocked. He held a orange bottle, he then mentioned “This is a vitamin which will help you win the competition, drink this, and you’ll win the game, just take it.”
Remy took the bottle “Thank you very much, sir, but I’ll consider about these vitamins, I don’t know if I will use it or not.”
Back to the that time, Remy opened the bottle and took a pill which he thought as a vitamin to help him win the competition.
“Remy!” called Chris “What took you so long?”
“Hold on, Chris!” He put the pill into the bottle before putting the bottle into his pants pocket, he then unlocked and opened the door “I’m sorry I showered to long.”
“It’s 6:30 and I haven’t taken a shower yet, do you want us to be late again like last semester when you had taken shower so long?”
“No, mate, I’m really sorry, I’m just really nervous, I’m really nervous for the swimming competition.”
“Fair enough.” Chris said “I have to take a shower before 7.” Chris walked to the bathroom, while Remy dressed up.
As Chris closed the bathroom door, he took the bottle again from his pocket and starred at it “I’m sure I’ll win this.”
***
“That’s it for today’s classes, guys!” said Delta “Don’t forget your…”
Suddenly, two bad-looking guys who was considered as debt collectors came opening the door loudly, everyone were surprised, including Delta, Katie, Jordan, and Edwin, well, actually Jordan was the most surprised upon seeing the guys.
“Ex… Excuse me, sir… This is…”
“Just shut up, bitch! We’re going to make it quick!!” shouted the one of the bad guys.
“Jordan Ray! I know you’re here!! Where the hell are you!! Jordan Ray!!”
“Oh my God!” shouted Katie to Jordan.
“Who the hell are they?” asked Edwin.
“They’re debt collectors who always ask for my dad’s debts since his company’s bankruptcy.” whispered Jordan, then he stood up and shouted loudly “I’m Jordan Ray! Rafa Ray’s son! If you’re searching for me, I’m here!!” Then the two guys brought him out forcibly “Hey! Let go of me! Let go!!”
“Oh my God!!” shouted Delta, she took her phone, but…
“Don’t even try to call police or he’s dead!” yelled one of the guys.
“Oh no…” Katie said.
Most of the students were shocked and concerned about Jordan, especially when he was taken by the guys.
The guys then pushed Jordan to the wall outside of the class, one of them said “We know your dad!”
“Guys, my dad died! So…” Jordan tried to explained
“So what? We’re not done with you! We’re not done with your dad! You both have unfinished business with us, you son of bitch! We’re still waiting for three million dollars! That’s the amount that your dad borrowed from us! If you don’t have any money to pay us, you’re not allowed to attend this school anymore! Instead, you’ll work with us! Understand!” Then the two bad guys left, leaving Jordan shocked.
“Jordan!” called Delta “Are you okay? What happened?”
“I’m sorry, Miss Delta, I got to go.” Jordan immediately left.
“Jordan! Wait!” shouted Delta.
***
“How’s your recording, baby?” asked Oliver greeting Ally in Jakarta Arts Square “I brought you some pink roses!” He gave a bouquet of pink roses.
“Thank you so much, Oliver, you’re so sweet! Oh, so far, I recorded my songs really well for my debut album, the producers said that I’m the next Kris Neil.”
“C’mon, you’re a girl, not a boy.”
“Well, how about Jakarta Arts’ Next Big Thing?” asked Oliver.
“That’s really nice. I have to go, I have to prepare for my songs.” Ally immediately left.
Then Will greeted Oliver “How’s Ally?”
“I don’t know why, but she’s really busy for her debut album, I gave her pink roses, but she…”
“Mate, don’t worry, she’s really busy, I’m sure she will have time with you to go on a date.”
“What the hell is wrong with Jordan?” asked Will as he saw Jordan running away from the class, then Jordan passed through them.
“Jordan!” called Oliver “Something’s wrong with Jordan!”
Jordan took his phone and he got another text from the debt collector, he was told that if he didn’t pay, he couldn’t come to Jakarta Arts anymore “Damn it! God, please, give me some miracle…” Then he started singing as he left the square “Lord above, I just killed a man, let somebody take the blame. Lord above, I'm kneeling down, I'm prayin' take away this pain all up in here. I'm prayin', oh Lord I'm prayin' to you, take away this guilt all up in my head, I'm pleadin', oh Lord I'm pleadin' with you, we got some dealin's to do before the day I'm dead. He came for me, just like I knew he would, but this time I was ready and I killed him good. But he weren't alone, there was one more left, he took my rubber from me, put it to the test. That's when this angel appeared, out from the door with The Devil in his eyes, but God in his heart. He slayed him down, saved me from a sudden death, but I've still done wrong. I'm prayin', oh Lord I'm prayin' to you, told me for me since weighing down on my soul. I'm pleadin', oh Lord I'm pleadin' with you, you got some healing to do, inside I'm feeling low.” Then he saw most of the students showed their money to their jealous friends, Jordan sang again “So now I'm prayin', oh Lord I'm prayin' to you, take away this guilt all up in my head. I'm pleadin', oh Lord I'm pleadin' with you, we got some dealin's to do before the day I'm dead. I'm prayin', oh Lord I'm prayin' to you, told me for me since weighing down on my soul. I'm pleadin', oh Lord I'm pleadin' with you, you got some healing to do, inside I'm feeling low…”
***
“You’re ready, Katie?” asked Edwin in the music room with Katie, they were still in the music room just for practice for the musical, then he started singing “I accidently touched your hand. Oh girl, you looked beautiful. I can feel your smooth hand, girl. Make me see you for the first time. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight.”
Katie sang “I touched your charming hand. You seem like the prince charming Who are you? Are you really the one? The guy whom I’m searching for…” Then Edwin joined her “Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.”
Edwin sang “I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight!” He then touched Katie’s right hand “Can you please say your name, girl?”
Katie replied “After that, you can say your name, lad.”
Both sang as Ashlee and Sophie peeked their performance when they arrived in the doorstep “Oooh… Oooh… Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.  I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.”
Edwin ended the song “First sight.”
Ashlee and Sophia then entered the room clapping their hands, Sophia, the girl who had long hair with white ribbon said “Well done, very well done.”
Edwin replied “Excuse me, private training session here!”
Ashlee, who had short hair and red ribbon, criticized “First of all congratulations to all of you for taking the lead roles, however… um… I was expecting more from you guys, and when I saw your recent song, I’m really disappointed to see you not improving at all. That’s the truth what I’m saying, probably Angie and Paul are more experienced than you two.”
“She’s right actually.” Sophia said “Oh, see you at the practice this afternoon.”
Both Edwin and Katie were surprised, with Edwin commenting “That was harsh.”
“Hell yeah.”
***
Near the indoor swimming pool, Remy was sitting on the bench while looking something inside his bag, he held the orange bottle filled with performance enchancing drugs, he was really uncertain whether he should use it for the swimming competition.
“Remy!” greeted Chris came, Remy immediately closed his bag “Just I thought you’re here.”
“Yeah, guess I can’t make it to the musical practice, I have to fight for the swimming competition, like I said before, I will do anything to prove that I can win, I will prove to the seniors that they are wrong about me.”
“Remy, I don’t think you have to be too optimistic, it’s called cocky or arrogant or something.”
“I’m not.”
Chris said “Remy, I really trust you as your friend, I’ll tell Casey that you can’t make it to the second practice for swimming competition. I know swimming is your passion besides acting and singing. So, don’t make me really worry about you.”
“No, you don’t need to worry about me, I’m going to be fine, if I end up in second place, at least I had fun, I defeated most of the seniors also. And… I know most of the freshmen are scared, so it’s time for me to prove it that I can do better.”
“I wish you luck, bro, good luck.” Chris gave fist bump to Remy.
After Chris left, Remy opened his bag again and held the orange bottle again.
***
In the teacher’s office, Delta was sitting on the chair in front of her table phoning Jordan, after failed attempts, she opened her reports and started writing on them, then Casey came.
“Hi,” greeted Casey.
Delta stood up “Hi, it’s kinda awkward, isn’t it?”
“Yeah, I…” Casey approached Delta and held her hands
“Casey, I told you, I have Jake, I’m dating him right now, I know it’s been really hard for you to forget how we feel, but I’m moving on.”
“No, Delta, I know you still love me.”
“Casey, please, I’m with Jake now, all things happened in college between you and me, it’s over, it’s all over.” Then Delta said “Casey, before the break, there were two bad guys who came to the class, they took Jordan outside, and I don’t know what they were talking. I tried to ask Jordan, but he ignored me.”
“I’ll talk to him, he’ll go to my class after the break.” Casey said before the bell rang “I have to go.” Casey walked out from the teacher’s office to the drama classroom.
In the drama classroom, Edwin sat next to Jordan before telling “I think you have to tell Miss Delta about your debt and those debt collectors.”
“I don’t have to, I don’t want to beg the money from my friends, damn, we’re given pocket money from school five hundred thousand per month, and I need to…” Then Jordan’s phone rang, he replied the call “Hello? Who is this?”
“We’re coming back to see if you have the money, if you don’t, don’t ever come to Jakarta Arts again!” said the caller, the call immediately ended.
“Who the hell was that?” asked Edwin.
“Must be the debt collector, damn, I don’t have any money left except my pocket money, I have to tell Casey that I will resign from the musical and… I’m dropping out from Jakarta Arts.”
Katie who just arrived overheard the conversation, she then told Jordan “What? You’re dropping out from Jakarta Arts?”
Jordan replied “I don’t have any money to pay my dad’s debts, I can’t stay here anymore. I’m going to tell Casey after school, I’m leaving.” He walked out from the class, then he greeted Casey who had arrived “Casey,”
“Jordan, Delta told me what happened to you before the break, what actually happened there?”
“I don’t want to talk about it, I’m resigning from the musical, sir, and from Jakarta Arts.” Jordan immediately left.
“Jordan!” called Casey, then he entered the classroom “Good morning, students, before we begin, I need to talk with Katie and Edwin outside in private immediately. Katie and Edwin.”
“Yes, sir.” Edwin and Katie stood up and followed Casey from the drama classroom to the front door.
Casey told about the problem “Delta told me that her class was visited by the bad guys who were searching for Jordan, she said that something’s wrong with Jordan. Do you have any idea what happened to him?”
Katie replied “Jordan told us that those bad guys were the debt collectors, they must’ve been searching for Jordan since his father’s death, he told us his father had many debts due to his company bankruptcy.”
Jordan said “That’s why he decided to resign from both of my musical and Jakarta Arts to work with them. He doesn’t have any money left, if he don’t pay tomorrow, he can’t attend Jakarta Arts anymore to work with them.”
“I won’t let him drop out just because his money problems. Tell the rest that no drama class today, then tell your friends to have a meeting! Tell Will and Oliver!” shouted Casey.
“Yes, sir!”
***
Katie arrived at the English class, where class 10-1 students were studying there with Jake as their teacher, Jake was explaining about the passive voice. Katie knocked the door.
“Ally, Will, Oliver, Casey needs you, this is urgent!” called Katie.
Will then said to Jake “I’m sorry, sir, we need to go, this is urgent.”
“No, what’s going on?” asked Oliver “Katie?”
“It’s Jordan.”
Ally asked “What happened?”
“Just gather in his office!”
“Excuse me, what’s going on?” asked Jake.
“It’s Jordan, sir. I’m sorry, but we got to go.” Will replied before leaving the class with Ally, Oliver, and Katie.
***
“Seriously, where’s Amber and Fearne?” asked Casey who noticed Fearne and Amber’s absence after seeing just Ally, Will, Oliver, Katie, Edwin, Chris, and Remy in front of him.
Edwin replied “They can’t because Joel was really strict on his lesson.”
Remy added “Yeah, he’s really harsh during the lesson.”
Casey said “Guys, you’re his closest friends, I guess you know why you’re gathered here, bad news for him, the debt collectors came back this morning to ask him to pay the debt which his dad left, so he is quitting Jakarta Arts because he can’t pay the debts. Now we know he needs help, but he didn’t ask us.”
Will raised his right hand “I’ll discuss with the other members of student council with Oliver to talk to help Jordan.”
“Yeah, you’re the leader of the student council, talk to them and convince them to help him! While the rest of you, go back to the class and spread the news, and ask everyone for money.”
Edwin said “Sir, why don’t we make flash mob to surprise him?”
Ally replied “Yeah, that will make Jordan believing he’s not the only one who suffers, and there’s help for him. We have to also ask everyone in every single class to join the flash mob in addition to donating for Jordan’s debts.”
“How much the debt is it?” asked Chris.
“We don’t know, but we can donate our money as much as we can to stop Jordan from quitting the musical!” Katie answered.
“And Jakarta Arts.” Remy added “But sir, I may not be involved into the flash mob, I had swimming competition at 2 PM.”
Will said “No, the flash mob performance will be held in the square at 8:30 PM, so you can join us.”
“Alright, guys, now you’re going to work. Ally, Remy, and Edwin, go back your class and tell them about the matter, don’t forget to ask them for donating the money and joining the flash mob. The rest of you, stay here to talk to decide the song. Now, go, go, go!!” shouted Casey before Ally, Remy, and Edwin left the room.
“Okay, shall we begin?” asked Will.
“Yes, can you sing my song to convince him?” asked Katie.
“What’s the title of the song?” asked Casey.
Friends for Help.”
“Try to sing it.”
Katie started singing the song “You’re facing your greatest problems, all of which you couldn’t handle, but everyday you don’t tell those problems, making you really confused. There’s lots of your problems that make you really upset, but you can’t handle by yourself and you don’t realize. We really know you’re not alone, you’re not standing alone in the universe. You’re not the only one, you’re not facing them alone, you’ll discover there’s your friends here… You know what friends are for? We’re your friends, we’re always ready to help you. Friends for help… Friends for help. We’re your friends for help… Friends for help.”
Chris said “We can use that song!”
“Yeah, your song is pretty great, Katie, I can see your improvement on your songwriting!” Oliver said.
“We’re going to sing that song when Jordan arrives at the square, so, what’s the first song to surprise Jordan?” asked Casey “Just decide, I’ll go to talk with the others to discuss about the matter. Chris, you’re also a dancer, right?”
“Yes, I am.”
“Chris, decide the choreography and train your friends who join the flash mob!” Casey then ran exiting the room.
“First of all, we need to choose the first song…” Will started the discussion with Katie, Oliver, and Chris.
***
“Excuse me, may I say something, Jake?” Ally asked, Jake nodded, then Ally walked to the front of the rest of the students, she announced “Sorry to bother you, everyone, but our friend has devastating problems, he…”
While Remy said in his classmates in the Indonesian language classroom “…threatening to quit from not only the musical, but also Jakarta Arts. Why he is doing that? Because…”
Edwin said to his classmates in front of the drama class “…as you know this morning, the bad guys who came were the debt collectors, those guys asked Jordan for the money to pay his late father’s debts, they said if he can’t pay the debt, he won’t be with us anymore.”
Ally continued to her classmates “So I need your donations to help Jordan cover his debts, as well as your participation to surprise Jordan.”
Remy continued to his classmates “All of you must donate your money to help him! But no less than ten thousand!”
Edwin continued to his classmates “C’mon, this is for the good cause, the reason why I’m telling you to donate your money is to help Jordan, our classmate!”
“So you can donate your money now or meet me in Asphalt Canteen, thank you very much…”
“…for your participation, I appreciate your donation…”
“…and your participation of the flash mob.”
***
During the lunch time, most of the students lining up in front of Ally, Remy, and Edwin who were sitting beside the Asphalt Canteen entrance, to donate and participate in the flash mob.
“Please go to the dance classroom immediately.” Ally said to the participant in front of her, she talked to Remy and Edwin “I hope the money we gathered enough to cover Jordan’s debts.”
“And to let him stay in Jakarta Arts.” said Edwin.
Remy took his phone “Yeah, okay, sir, I’ll be coming, thanks.” After Remy hung up, he apologized and asked “I’m really sorry, but Joel is waiting for me in the swimming pool for the swimming competition.”
“That’s no big deal.” Edwin said.
“If we’re not here, meet us in the dance classroom!” Ally added.
“Thanks, guys, wish me luck!” Remy left.
“We will!” Ally said, she then greeted Chloe, who was standing in front of her and Edwin “Hi, Chloe.”
“Let me guess, you’re begging to people to give their money just to donate for the poor guy?” asked Chloe.
“Chloe, I told you earlier, Jordan has problems with debt, so we need…”
“I don’t want to waste my money just for donating for the stupid cause.”
Edwin defended Ally “Jordan’s our friend, he’s your friend too.”
“Whatever you say, but… I won’t be donating my money just for that stupid cause, and… guess what, because you said Jordan’s leaving Jakarta Arts, I’ll help with the flash mob.” Chloe signed her name on the paper “Done.”
Ally thanked “Thank you very much, Chloe.”
“That was nothing, bitch. I don’t want your damn grateful attitude.” Chloe left.
Edwin took his phone and read Casey’s text “Today’s practice is cancelled, yeah, Jordan is our primary concern today.”
“You’re right.”
***
“Taking all of our budgets?! Are you out of your mind, Chandler?! Without that budget, we’re hopeless! We can’t hold any special events in Jakarta Arts!” shouted Sophia, who was also the council’s treasurer.
“What for all of our budgets if all of them donated to help Jordan covering his debts?!” Paul, who was also the council’s secretary, argued.
Oliver tried to calm them down “Relax, Paul and Sophia, we’re going to help our friend.”
“I told you, instead of doing nothing with our budgets, we’re going to give it to Jordan, we have less than two million, so…” Will explained.
“So what? What about the prom? What about the graduation ceremony?!” shouted Sophia.
Oliver tried to explain “Well, we can go backup our budget, but we need to…”
“What? We need to donate for our budget twice?!” shouted Paul.
“No, that’s not what I’m talking about!”
“So what? We’re starting over from zero budget?!”
Sophia added “Yeah, in fact, donating to him is useless, and Jordan is trying to beg us to help him like beggars in the street!”
“No, he doesn’t beg to you at all!” Will argued.
Then everyone argued about the matter, most of the student council members were disagree about donating their budget for covering Jordan’s debts. They, who disagreed, became really angry, especially when Paul yelled and threw the pen to Oliver, but missed.
“Hey!!” shouted Oliver.
Then Casey arrived and entered the room, he shouted “Hey, hey, hey!! What the hell is going on?! You’re student council, you know Jordan’s your friends, one of the students who get really lucky being accepted here! You do want to Jordan ends up giving all his dreams to become the worse than this?” Then all of the students council realized Casey’s sentence. Casey said before leaving “Donate your money or you’ll get an F on my class.”
“Damn it.” Sophia said.
“So?” asked Oliver.
“We’re all agree.” Paul came into the conclusion.
***
In the indoor swimming pool, Remy changed his clothes into his swimwear, he put all of his clothes on the locker, then he opened his bag and took the orange bottle, he reconsidered whether he wanted to take the pills or not, he then remembered:
“Do you want to win?” asked Joel.
“Yes.”
Remy opened the cap and took one of the pills, he then swallowed the pill before putting the orange bottle back to his bag. He put his bag into his locker.
“Remy,” called Joel came “You’re ready?”
Remy replied “Yes, I’m ready.”
“Everybody’s waiting for you.”
Remy closed his locker before walking to the indoor swimming pool, where his competitors, most of them were his seniors, mocked about his participation, thinking that he couldn’t win. Joel then called the swimmers to stand near the pool. Remy just focused on winning the competition to represent Jakarta Arts in the regional swimming competition.
Joel said “Ready, set!!” He blew his whistle.
Then the swimmers, including Remy, jumped into the pool, all the swimmers did the front crawl swimming style. However, Remy was faster than the rest of the swimmers, when he got into the wall, he turned around and back to the starting line swimming earlier than the rest. After few meters, Remy finished first and won the competition, he got out from the pool, he was proud to win the competition.
Joel shouted “Remy is the winner!! He will be representing Jakarta Arts for the next swimming competition!!” Then he greeted Remy “How do you feel?”
“I feel awesome, I won, I proved that I’m not a loser! I can win from them!”
“I’ll see you on the next training, Remy, keep up the good work, and…” Joel then whispered before leaving “Nobody needs to know what you did before you won.”
***
“Five, six, seven, eight!” shouted Chris choreographed the fourth batch of the flashmob participants “Now I want to see you dance without my supervision, here we go!!” He turned up the music.
“Chris!” called Remy arrived “Sorry, I’m late, how’s the flash mob things?”
“It went well, Remy, why don’t you join the dancers too.”
“I’m sorry?”
“You better help the flash mob, the rest will also help.”
“Okay…” Remy said before joining the flash mob.
“From the top!” shouted Chris.
***
“Thank you for donating and participating into the flash mob.” greeted Ally and Edwin.
Ally called Katie “Katie, you and Oliver are in charge, me and Edwin will find out the song to be performed in front of Jordan.”
Edwin put the “on break” sign “Let’s go.”
***
At 8:15 PM, Jordan finished packing all his stuffs, then he took a piece of paper from the table after taking his pen from his pocket. Jordan started writing his “resignation letter”.
“What are you doing?” Edwin entered the room.
“I’m quitting Jakarta Arts, I’m done here, I have to work with the debt collectors.”
Edwin then asked “Jordan, have you known Gangnam Style?”
“Yeah, I saw the video, it was the first K-pop video that I’ve ever watched, it also reached a billion views, right?”
Gangnam Style is a cultural phenomenon, most of our favorite celebrities, including Katy Perry, Britney Spears, and T-Pain really love it. Gangnam Style also inspired flash mobs all around the world.”
“Edwin, I’m really sorry, I have to leave.” Jordan took his bag.
“Jordan, before you leave, let me accompany you, I have something to make you better before you leave. C’mon.” Edwin took Jordan out of the room.
“Hey, what the hell are you doing?!” shouted Jordan.
“Just wait and see!” shouted Edwin taking him through the stairs to the dormitory front door, when he opened the door, the flash mob finally greeted them by dancing.
Then Chris greeted by singing “Oppa Gangnam Style! Gangnam Style!
Edwin then sang while taking Jordan seeing the flash mob dancing Gangnam Style Najeneun ttasaroun inganjeogin yeoja, keopi hanjanui yeoyureul aneun pumgyeok inneun yeoja, bami omyeon simjangi tteugeowojineun yeoja, geureon banjeon inneun yeoja! Naneun sanai, najeneun neomankeum ttasaroun geureon sanai, keopi sikgido jeone wonsyat ttaerineun sanai, bami omyeon simjangi teojyeobeorineun sanai, geureon sanai.
Then everyone sang “Areumdawo sarangseureowo, geurae neo hey geurae baro neo hey, areumdawo sarangseureowo, geurae neo hey geurae baro neo hey.
Edwin sang louder “Jigeumbuteo gal dekkaji gabolkka!!
The dancers then sang “Oppa Gangnam Style! Gangnam Style! Op, op, op, op… Oppa Gangnam Style! Gangnam Style! Op, op, op, op… Oppa Gangnam Style! Eh, sexy lady! Op, op, op, op… Oppa Gangnam Style! Eh, sexy lady! Op, op, op, op…
Later Ally came and took Jordan walking through the flash mob dancing Gangnam Style, she also sang “Jeongsukhae boijiman nol ttaen noneun yeoja, ittaeda sipeumyeon mukkeotdeon meori puneun yeoja, garyeotjiman wenmanhan nochulboda yahan yeoja, geureon gamgakjeogin yeoja.” Katie also came and joined them singing and dancing “Naneun sanai, keomjanha boijiman nol ttaen noneun sanai, ttaega doemyeon wanjeon michyeobeorineun sanai, geunyukboda sasangi ultungbultunghan sanai, geureon sanai.”
Everyone sang “Areumdawo sarangseureowo, geurae neo hey geurae baro neo hey, areumdawo sarangseureowo, geurae neo hey geurae baro neo hey.
Remy ran to the front of Jordan, Ally, and Katie singing louder ““Jigeumbuteo gal dekkaji gabolkka!!
The dancers sang as Remy took Jordan to Jakarta Arts Square “Oppa Gangnam Style! Gangnam Style! Op, op, op, op… Oppa Gangnam Style! Gangnam Style! Op, op, op, op… Oppa Gangnam Style! Eh, sexy lady! Op, op, op, op… Oppa Gangnam Style! Eh, sexy lady! Op, op, op, op…
When they almost arrived at the square, they were greeted by the flash mob dance moves, Remy sang “Ttwineun nom geu wie naneun nom, baby, baby, naneun mwol jom aneun nom. Ttwineun nom geu wie naneun nom, baby, baby, naneun mwol jom aneun nom. You know what I'm saying!”
They finally arrived in front of the stage as the flash mob singing and dancing even better “Oppa Gangnam Style! Eh-eh-eh, eh-eh-eh… Eh, sexy lady! Op, op, op, op… Oppa Gangnam Style! Eh, sexy lady! Op, op, op, op… Eh-eh-eh, eh-eh-eh… Oppa Gangnam Style!
Jordan got really impressed by the flash mob dance moves, he also became really happy for being greeted by the flash mob, especially from Jakarta Arts “Oh crap! That was really amazing!”
Later, Will, Oliver, Chris, and Casey came to the stage greeting Jordan, the flash mob all seeing them on stage greeting them.
Will took the microphone before speaking “Jordan, last morning, miss Delta told us that you were being searched by the debt collectors, we already know you have debts from your late father, but that doesn’t mean you have to face it alone, Jordan.”
“He’s right.” Remy whispered to Jordan.
Oliver said “So all we want to do is what we did to Fearne when she decided to leave, you weren’t there last semester to see us performing. So basically, we’re doing the same.”
“This song is written by Katie and it’s dedicated to you.” Chris added
Casey told “Before you leave, you better think again about your dream, you’re participating in my musical, you’re closer to become an actor and singer, so this song is for you.”
Oliver took his guitar and started playing it, he sang “You’re facing your greatest problems, all of which you couldn’t handle, but everyday you don’t tell those problems, making you really confused.”
Will sang “There’s lots of your problems that make you really upset, but you can’t handle by yourself and you don’t realize.”
Chris continued “We really know you’re not alone, you’re not standing alone in the universe.”
Then four of them sang “You’re not the only one, you’re not facing them alone, you’ll discover there’s your friends here… You know what friends are for? We’re your friends, we’re always ready to help you. Friends for help… Friends for help. We’re your friends for help… Friends for help.”
“Oh my!” Jordan exclaimed.
Casey sang “You said you can’t end all your problems, you’re giving up on them, instead you’re going to sacrifice yourself, no fun, no happiness, no any problems resolved.”
Chris sang “We really know you’re not alone, you’re not standing alone in the universe, yeah.” Then Will and Casey joined him singing the chorus “You’re not the only one,”
“Not the only one.” sang Oliver.
“…you’re not facing them alone, you’ll discover there’s your friends here…”
“Your friends here.”
“You know what friends are for?”
“What friends are for?”
“We’re your friends, we’re always ready to help you. Friends for help… Friends for help. We’re your friends for help… Friends for help.”
Oliver sang the bridge part as Ally, Katie, and Edwin approached Jordan “We’ll try to help you, everybody will do anything to help you, just until your problems end, we’re here to help you.”
“See, you still have your friends here!” shouted Katie to Jordan.
Then the flash mob clapped the hands as Will, Chris, and Casey sang again “You’re not the only one,”
“Not the only one.”
“…you’re not facing them alone, you’ll discover there’s your friends here…”
“Your friends here.”
“You know what friends are for?”
“What friends are for?”
“We’re your friends, we’re always ready to help you. Friends for help… Friends for help. We’re your friends for help… Friends for help.”
Oliver finished the song “Friends for help… Friends for help…” Then everyone gave applause on them, as well as Jordan.
Casey took the microphone “Jordan, I don’t think you should leave Jakarta Arts just because of your monetary problems, I’m your not only your teacher, I’m the musical director, I asked your closest friends to get help for you. Today… over five million rupiah collected just for you to pay your debt, I hope this will temporarily solve your monetary problems because we know you have many debts from your late father.”
Jordan started to cry “Oh crap!”
“You still have friends in Jakarta Arts, Jordan.” Ally added.
Jordan then said “I don’t know what to say, but… thank you, thank you so much, I didn’t expect this, I wasn’t begging for money from you, but thank you!”
Chris asked “One more thing, have you made your final decision to leave Jakarta Arts?”
“I… I’ll stay.”
Everyone cheered and gave applause to Jordan, they happily greeted him back and were really proud.
“I’m glad he’s back.” Oliver said.
Will replied “Yeah, we should welcome him back.”
The flash mob shouted happily “Jordan! Jordan! Jordan! Jordan!”
***
11:15 PM, Chris entered his room, where he saw Remy sitting on his bed, Chris greeted him happily.
“I’m glad Jordan’s back.” Remy said “I’m really proud of him, but…”
“Yeah, I asked you for your help with dancing and singing.”
“Seriously? I was going to tell you that I won the swimming competition, and you didn’t care about it!” Remy argued.
“Jordan is more important than your announcement, mate. We got to help him first.”
“But I defeated the seniors who had made fun on me, Chris. I proved that I could win the competition!” Remy stood up.
“Remy, don’t act like such a baby, we’re grown ups!”
“I’m not acting like a baby, Chris! I’m trying to tell you swimming is part of my life! And I…” Then Remy held his left chest “Ah… Ah…”
“Remy, what’s wrong?”
Remy replied “Nothing, I’m just exhausted after both swimming competition and the flash mob dance.”
“Remy, maybe you should…” Chris tried to comfort him.
But Remy pushed him away “I’m fine.”
Chris felt unconvinced “Are you sure?”
“Yeah, I’m just stressed out, after all tomorrow we’re going to start practice for the musical again and Joel will see me to prepare for the regionals.”
“Remy…” Chris tried to hold Remy.
Remy pushed Chris again and stormed off “Back off, okay!” Chris turned around and looked Remy walking away from the room angrily.
***
“Hi, I saw you singing around the flash mob.” Delta greeted while she was entering Casey’s room.
“It’s late already, why don’t you go home and get some rest?”
“I was preparing for the next test for the kids.”
Casey walked approaching Delta “So it’s kinda awkward, well, I should leave, see you tomorrow.”
“Yeah.”

As Casey was about to walk away, he turned around and kissed Delta’s lips. Delta was surprised and shocked to receive his kiss. Then Casey walked away from the room, while Delta remained shocked.

Comments

Popular Posts