Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 7


Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains some coarse language, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for children

The next day, when Chris got out from the bathroom, Remy greeted him and felt really guilty to him the previous night for storming off from the room. He walked to him.
“Chris, I’m so sorry, I was a jerk, I’m too focused on winning on the swimming competition for my place in the regionals, I came to the doctor, and he said that I was too stressed out last night, so I was really hurt in my chest, but I’m fine now, I rested.”
“Yeah, I’m really sorry for ignoring you, anyway, congratulations for your winning on the competition, next regionals, isn’t it?”
“Hell yeah!” Remy shouted.
“We better celebrate it, bro!”
“Wait, celebrate later, we have to go to the music class, we got the test from Miss Delta.”
“Damn, I forgot! I forgot to study!”
“So did I, mate!” shouted Remy “I was so focused on swimming, so…”
“Mate, calm down, you better go take a shower.” Chris asked Remy “Or else we’re not going and waiting until arriving late.”
“Oh man!!”
***
“Hi, Jordan, how was it?” Casey greeted Jordan in front of the drama class.
“It’s still not enough, but they said I can stay here until they come back for my debt one more year. But thank God I’m still here, thank you very much, sir.”
“Jordan, everyone’s helping you, not only me and your closest friends. I understand why you’re suffering from your past life. I’m really sorry for your dad.”
“Yeah.”
“By the way, Jordan, after lunch, tell the cast to go to my house, we’re going to watch the most watched sports event in the United States!”
“What for?”
“For our inspiration for the football game scene, it’s Superbowl!” After the bell rang, Casey said again “Remember, after lunch.”
“Yes, sir.” Jordan sat down on the front chair.
***
“I wonder why Ally is keep distant from me.” Oliver said as he closed the room door.
“She’s probably busy for her debut album.” Edwin replied.
“Man, I wonder why she hasn’t spent her free time with me, I asked her for a date, but she said no, claiming she’s really busy.”
Will said “She’s working hard, you know. Rather than thinking about Ally, you better focus on the upcoming music test today.”
“You’re right, I haven’t studied for the test.”
Edwin told “Me neither.”
***
In the music class before the end of the school, Delta was watching class 10-3 students working on the test, she also quietly recounted when Casey kissed her the previous night, she seemed really worried, but at the same time, she was watching closely at the students. She stood up and looked at Remy, who wasn’t look really fine. She approached Remy.
Delta asked “Remy, you’re good?”
Remy whispered “I guess I’m done.”
Delta looked at the clock “Remy, you still have two minutes left, are you sure do you want to finish your test?”
“Yes, ma’am.” Remy gave his test sheet.
“Ma’am, I’m done.” Chris, who sat next to Remy, said.
“Are you sure?” Delta approached Chris.
“Yeah, I’m 100 percent sure.” Chris gave his test sheet.
“Ah! Ah!” Remy held his left chest suffering another pain.
Chris stood up as everyone looked at Remy “Remy!”
“Oh my, Remy, are you alright?” asked Delta.
“I’m…” Remy told in pain.
Chris helped Remy standing up “Remy, I’ll bring you to the medic room! C’mon!” He took Remy, who held his chest and almost couldn’t breathe, out from the music class to the school medical room just before the bell rang.
Then after all students collected their sheets and exited the room, Casey came in the front door.
Casey greeted “Hi.”
“Casey, oh my god!”
“I’m really sorry about last night, but I know I still love you and you may give me another chance.”
“Casey, I’m fine with it, but I have Jake right now, we’re not supposed to talk about that kiss last night! And everything between us is ended and over. I’m sorry, Casey, but… let’s not talk about last night.” Delta left the music class.
Casey followed her “Delta, I’m really sorry, I told you, I’m really sorry you’re feeling guilty last night.”
“You should be, Casey! In fact, the way I broke up with you hurt me so bad into my bone, before our breakup, you’d been busy for your upcoming musical for your graduation, and you didn’t spend time with me.”
“I’m so sorry, Delta, but I was busy.”
“You should’ve spent your quality time with me when you’re not busy! I’m sorry, Casey, but it’s not working between us.” Delta walked away from Casey.
***
Meanwhile, Paul was walking to Asphalt Canteen as he showed off his expensive outfits, such as golden dollar-shaped necklace and… he wore too much gold jewelry, he sang as he bragged his rich life “Big rich! Big rich! Big rich! Big rich! I’m livin’ this big rich life! I have really lots of money, I can buy anything I want, I can have a big rich party, and even spend my money too much. I don’t really care how much money I spent, how much money I spent. ‘Cause I got too much money to spend in this big rich life, in this big rich life! Big rich! Big rich! Big rich! Big rich! I’m livin’ this big rich life!” He made most of the students who were seeing him really jealous and dismayed by his attitude, he sang again “I don’t really care how much money I spent, how much money I spent. ‘Cause I got too much money to spend in this big rich life, in this…”
Sophia then came pouring her slushie into Paul’s jacket due to being dismayed by Paul’s attitude being rich, she then gave her fake apologize “Ups, sorry…”
Paul then yelled “Ugh!! This is silk! This is the most expensive jacket that I’ve ever had!”
“Hey, you’re rich, right? Then why you show off your most expensive stuffs to the people around here? You want to make them jealous, don’t you?”
“Sophia, I’m rich, and I can do whatever I want, including buying the most expensive stuffs in the world, I bought this hat made by silk.”
Sophia was sick “Ugh, damn it, what the hell… By the way, you’re singing Casey’s song too while you’re showing your big rich life! It’s really inappropriate, you know! Please stop show off your most expensive stuffs, so people will not get sick of you! See you at the Super Bowl.” Sophia immediately left.
“Are you alright?” Angie came.
“Yeah, she’s just jealous of my big rich life.”
“Don’t worry, we’ll get her next time. First of all, we better go to Kitchen Market, we better eat there rather than the greasy Asphalt Canteen, and we can eat whatever we want as long as we got much money and I got you too.”
“I’ll pay, what do you want to eat before we practice?” Paul asked as he and Angie walked away from Asphalt Canteen to Kitchen Market.
***
“Seriously, we lost Ally again?” asked Fearne who noticed Ally’s absence among the gang “And where’s Chris and Remy?”
“As usual, she’s still busy for her debut album, and she doesn’t have time to hang out with us!” shouted Amber “Perhaps she’s too addicted for fame.”
“I don’t know, she could be forgetting about our relationship.” Oliver continued.
“And maybe our friendship, she could be too cocky…” Katie said.
“Oh, Casey needs us.” Edwin read his text from Casey “Super Bowl!”
“Alright!” shouted Jordan followed Edwin and Katie leaving the canteen.
“I wonder where’s Ally right now?” asked Amber.
“She could be recording in the studio right now.” Will replied “Or…”
***
Ally was recording her new song for her debut album accompanied by her producers and of course Shawn Roday, she sang “Here we go, I can’t handle it, I can’t control it neither, I just can’t fight this feeling, love, love, yeah. I’m falling in pieces of your love, baby. I’m gonna take your love, baby, you’re gonna take my love too, we’re gonna take love from each other. Love, love, love, love, yeah, love, love, love, love, yeah.
The producer whispered to Shawn “Thank God there’s autotune.”
“I don’t think Ally will like autotune.” Shawn replied.
“Her voice is not fit into the song.”
“I don’t think so.” Shawn called Ally as the producer stopped the music “Ally, wow, you’re great as usual.”
“Thank you, Shawn.”
“C’mon, I need to talk with you, we’re going to have some coffee in Starbucks, do you want to?”
“I would love to!” Ally then exited the recording room to go to Starbucks with Shawn.
After Ally left, one of the producers said “Luckily we got autotune.” They used autotune on Ally’s recently recorded song.
***
“The pain’s gone for now, but it’s really likely to return.” said the doctor to Remy, who was lying in the bed in the medic room, and Chris, she said again “You better take a rest in order to stay healthy tomorrow.
Chris said “But we have practice today.”
“No, it’s okay, she said I need a break for a while, Chris.” Remy replied “I was just stressed out, so I need to rest and have fun maybe.”
“Oh, someone’s calling me, I let you two stay here until I come back, if there’s any symptoms, just tell me.” The doctor told.
Chris then approached the doctor after exiting the room “Hey, we went to the doctor last night, and the doctor said he just stressed out from the pressure of both swimming competition and the flashmob.”
The doctor replied “Right.”
“Is there anything else causing this?”
“Try to get your friend to see Jamie, then to the drug counsellor.”
“What?”
“See if your friend is taking drug medication, I’m afraid it’s true, he got the classic symptoms.” The doctor said before leaving.
Chris closed the door as Remy sat down, he asked “Are you taking something?”
“What?”
“Anything before you swim in the pool?”
“I don’t know what you’re talk…”
Chris cut “Just answer the question!”
“No, I’m not.” Remy lied, then he shouted as he saw Chris took his bag “Hey, what the hell are you doing?!”
Chris opened the zipper and found the orange bottle, he asked again as he showed the bottle to Remy “What’s this? What the hell is this?”
“Vitamins?”
Chris was in doubt “Vitamins? With no labels?”
“Just a supplement, Chris! Mate, I need to stay fit while I’m taking the swimming competition and the musical role as well!”
“Where did you get this?!”
“I… that’s not your business, it’s no big deal.”
“You’re taking performance enhancing pills, do you think it’s no big deal?!” Chris got emotional.
“It’s just once, Chris… It was yesterday, I just want to win the competition.”
“And look what has that pill done to you, mate!” Chris moaned “I asked you one more time, where did you get this? Answer the question, Remy!”
“I… I got it from Joel.”
“Joel? Our PE teacher?!”
“Yeah, the night before last night, he wanted to see me if I want to win, then I said yes. After that, he gave me this, I… I took the pill before I swim, because I know I want to win this competition, and I want to prove to the seniors that I deserve to win…”
“You don’t deserve to win if you take this drugs! It’s cheating! You don’t deserve to win at all if you’re taking this! And this stuff could kill you! I’m so sorry for saying this, but it’s true! You just ruined yourself by taking this stuff! You screwed up!”
“You don’t know that I was really tired of the competition, not only the competition, but also the test, the flashmob thing, and the musical! I’m afraid I’m getting tired and ended up sick!”
“You’re ended up sick, Remy!”
“Just shut up, Chris! You don’t know about me! Back off!” Remy then walked away, opened the door, and stormed off.
“Remy! Come back here! I’m not finished! Remy!!” yelled Chris.
***
“Come in!” said Joel sitting in front of his table in his office hearing someone knocking the door.
Chris opened the door and immediately confronted him “I know what you did to Remy.”
“Excuse me?”
Chris walked approaching Joel “Seriously, what kind of the damn teacher are you? Are you out of your damn mind, sir?”
“You better watch your language, young man!”
Chris continued confronting “I know before the swimming competition, you did something to Remy, and I already know what you did, you gave something to him like steroids or performance enhancing drugs, it doesn’t matter, but I don’t think you deserve to be in your current place if you want your student win in that way. After all, Remy is going to regional swimming competition, so what are you going to do? Give him another drug to win? And I know in fact no one from Jakarta Arts has won the regional competition yet.”
“I think you misunderstood, young man. We’re trying hard, we’re struggling, and in 13 year history, Jakarta Arts has not got any achievements in the sports world! We always lose! Always lose! While we always get achievements in the arts stuffs, famous idols like Kris Neil, I want my students in Jakarta Arts achieve something in the sports, and I think it’s time!” Joel argued.
“This is Jakarta Arts, sir! Do you have any idea what the school is? We know we have to achieve in sports stuffs, but we don’t forget this school’s visions and missions, sir! I’m really sorry I’m saying this, but I don’t think you’re going to continue to take your position if you continue giving Remy something which is considered cheating.”
“Get the hell out of my damn office. Anyway, Chris Mason, I won’t apologize to him what I did to Remy, and I won’t forgive what you did neither.”
“Yes, sir.” Chris walked away from the office, he then sang as he left the office building “I need another story… Something to get off my chest. My life gets kind of boring… Need something that i can confess. Till all my sleeves are stained red from all the truth that I've said, come by it honestly I swear, thought you saw me wink, no, I've been on the brink. So tell me what you want to hear, something that'll like those ears, sick of all the insincere, so I'm gonna give all my secrets away. This time don't need another perfect lie, don't care if critics never jump in line, I'm gonna give all my secrets away… Got no reason, got no shame, got no family, I can blame, just don't let me disappear, I'mma tell you everything… So tell me what you want to hear, something that'll like those ears, sick of all the insincere, so I'm gonna give all my secrets away. This time don't need another perfect lie, don't care if critics never jump in line, I'm gonna give all my secrets away…”
***
The cast and crew of the musical of Flop Love were watching Super Bowl, most of them… well… not as excited as Casey expected, not the game at least, but the commercials and the halftime show.
Ashlee complained “Oh my God, the game is boring…”
“I would rather watch the commercial break than the game, I’m not a fan of American football.” Sophia said.
“Just shut up already.” Chloe replied “The game is the most important thing in Super Bowl.”
“Yeah that’s why Super Bowl is called NFL finals, it’s the most watched event in American television.” Paul added.
“Just shut up already, only boys like football!” argued Angie.
“Who says only boys like football, girls too you know.”
Jordan then said to Edwin “I don’t understand this game…”
“Relax, you’ll enjoy it.” Edwin said.
“I think I got some inspiration!” Katie shouted, which noticed by most of the cast and crew.
“Just shut up, Katie, enjoy the game.” Chloe said.
“I’m enjoying it, and I’m inspired.” Katie then imagined herself and Edwin in the stadium watching the Super Bowl full of supporters and fans, she brought Edwin finding the seats, she sang “At the football field, oh la la… Look at the green grass field... Look at the white line, look at the endzone and the goalfield. It’s the most popular, the most popular yet! In America! The most popular sport in entire country!” She found the best seat yet, she asked Edwin “C’mon, Mark! We’ve got the best seat!”
Edwin replied “Where?”
“These VVIP seats!” shouted Katie, as they sat down and the game began, Katie sang again “The audience are so excited! The fans are screaming! Are you ready to watch one of the best sports in the world? You better watch and scream because American football rocks! See the quarterback running bringing the ball, then most of the players crashed him, the ball touched the field, the opposing team player throws the ball, we scream ‘TOUCHDOWN’ when it touched the endzone. The fans are screaming louder! Because American football rocks! C’mon, the team that we supported! You have to make that touchdown! So you can catch up and win the game! The QB ran to the endzone and TOUCHDOWN!!”
Edwin said “Whoa! I can’t believe it! The game… the game is better than I watch it on TV! I can see everyone screaming ‘TOUCHDOWN!’”
Katie and everyone in the stadium sang “That’s because American Football Rocks!” Katie ended the song “TOUCHDOWN!”
“Katie? Edwin?” called Jordan “The game’s over.”
“What?!” shouted Katie and Edwin at the same time seeing everyone was leaving the room.
“You two fell asleep during the final moments of the game, it’s too bad you missed something important.” Jordan said “But don’t worry, if you want to watch it, you can ask Casey, he recorded it.”
“No, we don’t need to watch anymore.” Katie said.
“We got some inspiration from the game.” Edwin continued.
***
“You know, Ally, I really love your new song, Love, it could be your second single, girl! If the song becomes your second official single, I think I can see you topping the charts.” Shawn commented.
“That’s great, but I think I need to record all my songs and listen to them so I can choose my new single.” Ally said, then her phone rang, it was phone call from Oliver, but she ignored it “I wish we had another duet again.”
“How about I write a song for you? I would like to hear you sing my own written song, but let me think about the lyrics.”
“I can’t wait for that, Shawn.”
Then Shawn mistakenly took his wallet, he put his wallet on his right ears “Yeah, Shawn Roday is here!”
“Um, Shawn… That’s your wallet…” Ally corrected.
Shawn realized “Oh God!”
***
Oliver tried to call Ally many times in Jakarta Arts Square, but it ended up not answered, he said “C’mon, Ally, please answer…”
“Hey.” Remy called “You got problem too?”
“Yeah, I’ve been trying to call Ally few times, I’ve been trying to text her too, but she neither answer nor reply those from me. Is she forgetting me because her newly found fame? You seemed have a problem too.”
Remy denied “Um, no, I don’t.”
“You sure?”
“I don’t have any problems right now, but I hope Ally can see you soon, and it’s been a long time Ally is not with us.”
Oliver said “Last time she’s with us in Asphalt Canteen was yesterday.”
“I don’t think so, mate.” Then Remy got a text from Joel “Joel’s calling me, I should leave.”
“By the way, Remy, I heard you won the place to represent Jakarta Arts in the regional swimming competition, I saw the announcement on the board in Jakarta Arts Square. Congratulations.”
Remy accepted with doubt “Um, yeah, thanks.” He then left the square to the teacher’s office to see Joel.
Will greeted Oliver “Oliver! I got an idea for the upcoming prom!”
“Great, tell me!”
“I was going to tell during the meeting, but you’re the first to know, it’s going to be epic country style! It because not only I love country music, but I love the country culture as well, it’s going to be epic!”
“I love country too, but…”
“But what…”
“Nothing, we’re going to discuss with the rest of the council. I should leave.”
“Where?”
“I want to find Ally.” Oliver left.
***
Remy entered the teacher’s office and he walked to Joel’s room, he saw Joel was standing in front of his chair.
Joel turned around “Remy, I was proud of you using the drugs that I give.”
“What the hell is supposed to mean, sir? Are you giving me this drugs? I don’t want to take this anymore, I suffered from this chest pain because of this!”
“Remy, do you want to win or not?”
“I already won the competition, sir! So I’m giving back this vitamins or exactly performance enhancing drugs.”
“You’re not going to stop obviously! You still need to face the regionals, then if you win, you’re going to the nationals, you’re the one who get a chance to make achievements in sports for Jakarta Arts! You’re not going to take any pills, but…” Joel showed the steroids “You’re going to use this!” Much to Remy’s shock “You asked me, I asked you! Now you need to obey what I tell you!”
***
“No, Oliver, Ally’s will get here soon after she finished recording for today, calm down, Oliver, you don’t have to think what Ally would do with you after she abandoning you!” Jake said on the phone.
“Jake,” greeted Delta came.
Jake ended the phone conversation “Meet me in my office later.” Then he spoke to Delta “That was Oliver, he really worried about Ally.”
“Jake, I…”
“Delta!” called Casey came, then he noticed Jake “Hey, I don’t know you’re here too.”
“Casey, please, don’t see me like this, especially in front of him.”
“I’m really sorry, but…”
Jake cut “Hold on, what the hell is going on between you two? Are you both hiding something from me?” Then he remembered “Wait, I think I know, you both were dating each other in college, and… you’re coming back to get her back from me?!”
“Jake, no, I…”

“I know you want Delta back from me, just admit it!” Jake was really angry.

Comments

Popular Posts