Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 32



One week later, Ed continously looking at his assignments on his laptop, he reread his texts several times, he was working on drama class assignment. He didn’t know why he reread his texts but the only reason was there was something wrong with his text, but he didn’t know what. Ed touched his head again as he struggled with his OCD condition.
Andrew entered the room before approaching Ed “Ed, c’mon, you’ve been doing this for three straight hours, you’re checking your texts for the drama class without knowing what went wrong.”
Ed said “I felt this is really wrong, but I don’t know what,”
“Ed, don’t worry about it, it’s okay, it’s not perfect, you don’t have to…”
“No, no, my OCD has relapsed! I don’t know what I should do, Andrew, I’m thinking about perfection and I can’t stop, I can’t stop! Look, what I just want is perfection, I was scared.”
“Whoa, dude, relax, maybe you need your brother, I’m calling him.”
“No, not him, I don’t want to face my brother right now.”
“Okay, then can you help me? I’ve finished writing our new song for our demo for the record label,” Andrew took a paper of their song from his pocket “You better help me to correct it, probably it will help you get better.” He took his phone “But I’m calling your brother, okay? It’s Saturday, c’mon.”
***
Meanwhile, in Asphalt Canteen, at the midday, despite it was Saturday, most of the students were gathering there for free lunch, despite most of them regularly visited Kitchen Market for expensive lunch. Ally and Katie were sitting in one of the outdoor tables eating their Indonesian traditional fried chicken with fried rice and salad with their bare hands.
Katie said “I’m feeling better right now,”
Ally told “But Katie, remember, today you need to visit the therapist, okay? Not only that, you’re also need to visit the support group for help.”
Katie said “I know,”
Then Remy came bringing his tray of fried chicken and white rice “Would you mind if I join you?”
“Sure,” Ally said before Remy sitting next to her.
As Remy started eating, Katie asked “Remy, I need to ask you.”
“Yeah, what’s up?”
“Chris and you are only best friends, right?”
“That’s right,” Remy replied.
“But…”
“But what?” Then Remy realized “Katie, don’t worry about me, I’m good, there’s nothing wrong about me, I’m just fine,”
Katie said “But… Remy, I’m worried about you, lots of people… Well, I don’t know what to say… It’s hard.”
Ally continued “Most of people here are talking that something happened between you and Chris,”
“Whoa, what is that?” Remy asked.
“No idea, it’s just, you…”
Remy remembered when he got into a homosexual relationship with Chris, when he was happy to be with him. He remembered how he kissed, hugged, and had sex with him. He immediately denied “Ally, Katie, that’s not true. Chris and I just best mates, there’s nothing happened between us. Why should be something happen between both of us?”
Katie replied “Okay, we understand,” Then she touched her head again.
“Katie, what’s wrong?” Remy asked.
“Nothing, it’s just…”
Then Remy got a text from the unknown number “Oh, it’s from unknown number,” He opened the text, but then he expressed shock on his face, he was speechless upon seeing the text “Oh it’s from the fellow swimming club member,” Remy then stood up.
Ally saw Remy hadn’t finished his lunch “Are you gonna finish eating?”
“I got to go,” Remy immediately left the canteen.
Katie then received a text from her therapist, Samira “It’s Samira, she wants to see me at school, oh, and she wants to see Jordan too.”
Samira then arrived “I’m here,”
“But when did you?” asked Ally.
“C’mon, we got to speak in your room,”
***
Meanwhile, Chris lied down on his bed in his room looking at his Facebook account, he then got a Facebook message from his football teammate, he was shocked when he saw the message “Are you a homo?” Chris immediately closed the chat tab and shut the laptop lid. He was shocked upon his relationship with Remy was known by someone, he knew that Casey and Ed had known their secret.
Chris then remembered “Edwin? Ryan?” He remembered when Remy said that they both know about their homosexual relationship.
It was after the chaos during the Halloween Party, Chris and Remy were sitting down on the bed as they took off their costume wearing only underpants.
Remy said “Chris, I think Edwin and Ryan know about what happened between us.”
“Edwin and Ryan?”
“Yeah, you remember that shower thing, dude? When we’re about to have sex under the shower?” Remy then touched his head with his two heads “Man, I didn’t know what to say, they accused me for being gay, if everyone knows, it’s over, it’s really over, I can’t compete in the swimming championship anymore, and you can’t participate in the football game anymore, I just…” Remy got panic “I don’t know,”
Chris touched Remy’s chin “Remy, it’s okay, it’s okay, it’s gonna be fine. I love you, man.” He kissed Remy’s lips before saying again “After we’re graduating, we’re moving to maybe Amsterdam or Toronto or anywhere, where LGBT marriage is legal.” Chris touched Remy’s hands “Even though it’s over for both of us, I still love you,”
“I love you,” Remy kissed Chris’ lips.
Chris stopped flashing back remembering that stuff, he tried to deny his sexuality “It must be stopped!! Damn it!! I’m no longer with Remy anymore!!” He walked to the bathroom to look for the mirror to punch, he screamed as he blew his fist to the mirror “AAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!”
***
Meanwhile, in Teacher’s Office, Casey was still working on his script for his own theatrical movie in his room as it was really quiet and peaceful. He thought only him was in the office, but he was wrong as Delta entered his room.
“Hey,” Delta greeted.
“Hey, um, I almost finish with the script, so you want some lunch in Kitchen Market? Where’s Jake by the way?”
“He’s busy right now,”
“He’s busy for what?” Casey asked, he saw Delta smiled, then he realized “Oh… I know it!! I know it!!”
“Yeah, we’re planning our wedding reception already, it’s gonna be simple, not going to be huge like Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries’ wedding. It’s not gonna be in a hotel or a ballroom, but…”
“Jakarta Arts Ballroom, right?” asked Casey “I don’t think it’s not simple,”
“But I remember when Marco Pierre White said ‘keep it simple’, so we just got to show our personality durring our wedding party by overlooking its’ decorations, foods, and even music. We didn’t have lot and crazy stuffs to buy.” Then Delta asked “By the way, can I use your song from your musical, Flop Love, when I sing during our wedding?”
“Yeah, of course, I would love to, but I want to recommend Fairytale Love and Writing This Fairytale Ending for the party,”
“I will think of it,” Delta smiled.
Then Remy entered the room “Mr. Spencer, can I talk to you for a sec, privately?”
“I should leave, okay?” Delta said before leaving the room “Nice blue shirt, Remy,”
Remy revealed to Casey after taking his seat in front of him “Mr. Spencer, it’s kinda awkward. Most of the football team members and the swimming team members are making fun on us.”
“Who? You and…”
“Chris,” Remy then added “Edwin and Ryan think that we’re gay, that’s why the rumor has spreaded.”
“I see. Did you say that you’re gay,”
“No,”
“Did Chris…”
“No, they know. We’re trying to hide this, but we can’t, we broke up. I wish we’re not gay.”
“That’s okay, dude,” Casey touched Remy’s left shoulder “It’s okay, you don’t have to be changed if that stuff has been belonged to you. You got your true feelings,”
“So, I might have a chance with Chris,”
“Yeah,”
“So I still need to hide it from the others.”
“Yeah,” Casey smiled “I won’t tell anyone, I promise.”
“Thanks, Mr. Spencer,”
***
“Did you drink the drugs?” asked Samira sitting in front of Katie.
“Yeah, I did.” Katie replied.
“That’s good! How’s your condition now?”
“Better,”
“Better like what?”
Katie explained “Better, I kind of decreased binging and purging, and maybe the negative thoughts also had been decreased.”
“That’s good, Katie!”
Ally volunteered to leave Asphalt Canteen so they both could talk privately “I should go, okay?”
Katie replied “Yeah, be careful.” After Ally left, Katie said “It’s kind of… I don’t know, should I still consume drugs.”
“Yeah, but we’re going to stop using sleeping pills, so instead, we’re using this,” Samira gave the perscription script to Katie “This time, I’ll accompany you to the drug store, okay?”
Then Jordan arrived at Asphalt Canteen seeing both of them sitting, he called “Miss Samira?”
Katie was shocked to see Jordan “Jordan, hi, I think she wants to see you too.”
Jordan greeted “Here I am,”
Samira said “As you can see, Katie has problems too, while you, you’re still confused because I claimed that I know everything about your parents, now you want some answers.”
Jordan guessed “I already know, and everyone knows about it, the truth is… Rafa Ray, the man who overdosed himself… I mean, you… you…”
“I was treating him in rehabilitation center,” Samira revealed.
“Yeah, I know about that,” Jordan said, then he guessed again “You’re my mom.”
Katie shouted “What?”
Samira seemed really offended, so she walked away without even saying goodbye. While Katie noticed Jordan’s face really confused. Jordan was confused whether Samira was his mother and Rafa Ray was his real father. Jordan was speechless upon her alleged mother was walking away, storming off from the canteen.
Jordan asked “Am I offending her?”
Katie replied “I don’t know,” Then she stood up facing Jordan as the music started, she started singing “Close enough to start a war, all that I have is on the floor, God only knows what we're fighting for, all that I say, you always say more. I can't keep up with your turning tables under your thumb I can't breathe. So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me, no, I won't rescue you to just desert me, I can't give you the heart you think you gave me, it's time to say goodbye to turning tables, to turning tables.”
Jordan sang “Next time I'll be braver, I'll be my own savior, when the thunder calls for me. Next time I'll be braver, I'll be my own savior, standing on my own two feet.”
Both of them sang “I won't let you close enough to hurt me, no, I won't rescue you to just desert me, I can't give you the heart you think you gave me, it's time to say goodbye to turning tables, to turning tables, turning tables, yeah, turning, oh.”
***
Chris was sitting down on the bench seeing most opposite sex couples were hanging out in Jakarta Arts Square, when he saw the couple, he always remember Remy, his best mate and also his ex lover, but he tried to move on to become back to normal. Chris was really stressful why he couldn’t stop loving Remy as his lover, not as his best friend as before.
Chris started singing “Woke up sweating from a dream, with a different kind of feeling, all day long my heart was beating, searching for the meaning. Hazel eyes, I was so color blind we were just wasting time for my whole life, we never crossed the line, only friends in my mind, but now I realize. It was always you, can't believe I could not see it all this time, all this time. It was always you, now I know why my heart wasn't satisfied, satisfied. It was always you, you, no more guessing who, looking back now I know it was always you, always you. Woke up sweating from a dream, with a different kind of feeling. It was always you, even if I could not see it all this time, all this time. It was always you, now I know why my heart wasn't satisfied, satisfied. It was always you, you, no more guessing who, looking back now I know it was always you, always you. It was always you…”
***
Meanwhile, Ed sat down on his bed, depressed, he felt terribly wrong with himself, so he started singing “Am I wrong for thinking out the box from where I stay? Am I wrong for saying that I choose another way? I ain't tryna do what everybody else doing, just cause everybody doing what they all do, if one thing I know, I'll fall but I'll grow, I'm walking down this road of mine, this road that I call home. So am I wrong for thinking that we could be something for real? Now am I wrong for trying to reach the things that I can't see? But that's just how I feel, that's just how I feel, that's just how I feel, trying to reach the things that I can't see Am I tripping for having a vision? My prediction: I'mma be on the top of the world Walk your walk and don't look back, always do what you decide, don't let them control your life, that's just how I feel, fight for yours and don't let go, don't let them compare you, no, fon't worry, you're not alone, that's just how we feel. Am I wrong for thinking that we could be something for real? Now am I wrong  for trying to reach the things that I can't see? But that's just how I feel, that's just how I feel, that's just how I feel, trying to reach the things that I can't see.”
***
In the meantime, a familiar face had finally arrived back in Jakarta Arts, seeing most people walking around the campus as he saw from the entrance. He was glad to be back in Jakarta Arts, but not as the student as he dropped out last two semesters.
The guy had worn blue jeans shirt as well as brown short, well, he seemed really familiar with Ed Horton, he had black short hawk hairstyle, and it was Ed’s brother, Freddie, who dropped out from Jakarta Arts to focus to become a rapper by his own way.
Freddie held his phone calling Ed “Ed, I’m coming right away to the dorm,” Then he saw Chloe was talking to her clique, as usual gossiping something bad among its’ students, especially Ally and Harley.
Chloe said to her clique “Seriously, I had sex with Harley, it was really great, I finally took his virginity, and he told me he wants to destroy Ally from the inside, in fact he is Ally’s labelmate, I think he deserves to be more popular, but it’s too bad, he is dating Tahan right now.”
Freddie confronted Chloe and her clique “Well, well, well, what did you say again about Ally?”
Chloe was shocked upon Freddie’s arrival “Oh, you! You’re the dropout rapper! You’re not supposed to be here!”
“But my brother is here, so…”
“So what?”
“I’m here to visit him, checking him about his condition, you bitch. Oh, maybe you don’t deserve that word.”
“Thank you very much, loser,”
“Maybe the slut would the best for you,” Freddie slammed Chloe with harsh word before leaving to the dorm.
***
Chris visited the locker room in the stadium, where he saw Travis sitting down on the bench, he asked him “No one’s here?”
“No one,” Travis said “So, you want to speak?”
“Yeah, only you, Coach,” Chris sat down next to Travis “I have a problem, Coach, but it’s too embarrassing, I can’t even…”
“It’s okay, I’m with you, maybe I’ll understand your problem,”
Chris hestitated, but he finally revealed “I’m in love with my best friend, I mean not a girl, but a boy, I’m gay.” He noticed Travis wasn’t showing any shocks, he asked “So, you’re not…”
“Lots of my high school friends are gay, I’m not gay luckily,”
“Lucky for you, Sir,”
“I don’t know what to say…” Travis asked “How much do you love Remy, your best friend?” Then he said as he looked at Chris’ sad face “You always told me about your best friend and roommate, Chris, when we’re together privately,”
“So much,”
“Whoa,” Travis expressed shock “I mean, I won’t lecture you about you being gay, it’s okay, it’s okay to fall in love with someone, even with a boy or a girl, I don’t care at all. But I have one thing…”
“I know,”
“Whoa, I haven’t finished yet, but… find him, tell him you really love him so much, you love him so badly, just express your feelings to him, Chris. I won’t judge you or him, it’s normal for you.” Travis touched Chris’ shoulder “Now go, just go see him,”
***
Remy was lying in bed being in confusion about his true feelings to Chris, he was confused, and he was also mad because he wasn’t able to change himself and move on from him. He pumped his fist to his bed.
Remy then walked away from his bed before opening the door, where he saw Chris on his doorstep immediately kissing him. Remy stopped Chris “Chris, what in the hell…”
Chris explained “Chris, I know what I feel right now, I can’t stop loving you.” He asked “Do you feel what I feel?”
Remy smiled “Yeah, I feel what you feel.” He then kissed Chris, pulling him inside closing the door. They took each other shirts before walking to the bathroom where they took their pants off until naked and turned on the shower. They kissed each other under the shower, showing their feelings of love to each other. They continued making out as they got wet until they got ready to have sex again, this time under the shower.
***
“Ally?” Freddie saw Ally sitting on the bench in Jakarta Arts Square.
Ally was surprised upon seeing Freddie’s attendance “Freddie!” She stood up before walking toward him, she immediately hugged him “Hey, you’re back! You’re really back!”
“I’m back, but I’m not studying here anymore.” Freddie asked “You know my brother?”
“Who?” Then Ally remembered “Oh! I know! Ed!”
“Yeah, he’s really not well right now,”
“Oh my Gosh, I don’t know about that,” Ally expressed shock “What’s wrong with him?”
“He has OCD,”
“Oh my…”
Freddie also revealed “And also… you… you got your own rival who wants to challenge you.”
“Chloe?”

“No, it’s Harley,”

Comments

Popular Posts