Dimas Pettigrew's Best of 2012: #65-#61 & Best Country


From the DPS Studio in Indonesia capital city Jakarta, fictionally live in front of a studio audience, it’s DIMAS PETTIGREW’S BEST OF 2012! And now, our hosts, Alyson and Nick!
*Alyson and Nick arrive at the studio and greet live studio audience*
Nick: “Happy nice Tuesday night, guys!”
Alyson: “Hi, guys! We’re back!”
Nick: “What a tiring Monday, so what did you do last night, Alyson?”
Alyson: “Christmas shopping.”
Nick: “Wow, you’re a shop-a-holic, you hunted for any discount?”
Alyson: “Of course, and I bought new clothes, new accessories, and most importantly, new CD albums! Phillip Phillips’ The World From The Side Of The Moon Deluxe Edition, One Direction’s Take Me Home Yearbook Edition, and… Girls’ Generation’s latest Japanese album, Girls’ Generation II: Girls & Peace!”
Nick: “You bought so many items.”
Alyson: “What about you, you bought something?”
Nick: “Yes, I bought the number three of the best gadget of 2012, Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga, and I bought one more for my brother in Bandung, I was really lucky that I got a discount.”
Alyson: “Remember, most stores in Indonesia, maybe like in other countries, currently holding a discount year-end sale. Maybe I’ll go for more Christmas shopping this weekend.”
Nick: “You’re really shop-a-holic, anyway, we still have to count down the top 100 songs. And guys, we’re gonna reveal five Best TV Shows of 2012, plus there’s special performance by country superstars Lady Antebellum and Hunter Hayes.”
Alyson: “But first, number 65, Rita Ora featuring Tinie Tempah – R.I.P., please enjoy.”
#65. Rita Ora featuring Tinie Tempah – R.I.P.
Alyson: “We spoke our favorite TV shows of the year last week, and we’re gonna be revealing the official Best TV Shows of 2012! And we’re gonna count em’ down! Starting with number 5!”
Nick: “Number five goes to… Homeland, one of my favorite shows as I told you before. Man, I really like this show because it’s intense and thrilling, and in fact, the show won Golden Globe and Emmys, including Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor, and Outstanding Lead Actress.”
Alyson: “And Golden Globe Award for Best TV series, by the way, Homeland will return next year, you can’t wait to watch it?”
Nick: “I really can’t wait to watch the next season! Really!”
Alyson: “Okay, before we announce the top 4 of the Best TV shows, our Queen of Pop, Madonna, with her single, Give Me All Your Luvin’, featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., is number 64.”
Nick: “And don’t forget about their most controversial performance on this year’s Superbowl.”
Alyson: “Nick!”
Nick: “And by the way, Lady Antebellum will perform next right after Madonna’s music video.”
#64. Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. – Give Me All Your Luvin’
Performing their number one Country single, Just a Kiss, please welcome Grammy Winning Country Trio, Lady Antebellum!
Alyson: “What a lovely performance by Lady Antebellum, and they’re also one of the Best Country nominees alongside Hunter Hayes, who will be performing soon in the Live Lounge.”
Nick: “Let see if one of them can win the award, or maybe Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert, or Carrie Underwood can win the award. Alright then, speaking about Country music, our number four of the Best TV Shows of 2012 is… Nashville!”
Alyson: “One of my favorite new shows, I’m glad Nashville made it to the top 4, especially I like Callie Khouri’s writing and Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere’s acting.”
Nick: “But the most important one is music, the music of Nashville is really amazing, I really like Hayden Panettiere came back singing, especially country music.”
Alyson: “In fact, television critics love the show, they gave very positive reviews. Nashville is the best new show of the year in fact, you have to watch, really! C’mon, reveal the number three!”
Nick: “The number three goes to… The Voice, the number one singing competition of the year, the show has Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Cee-Lo Green, and Christina Aguilera as mentors, well, I think the show is more fun when more round and twist added, steal and knockout round, wow, really amazing.”
Alyson: “Although The Voice made it into top 3, but American Idol is still better than The Voice.”
Nick: “Whatever, the top two will be revealed later, and here’s number 63, one of the best songs with most positive message of the year, it’s Kelly Clarkson – Dark Side.”
#63. Kelly Clarkson – Dark Side
Performing his Country hit single, Wanted, please welcome, Grammy nominee Hunter Hayes!
Alyson: “And number two of the Best TV Shows of 2012 goes to… Pretty Little Liars!”
Nick: “Wow, Pretty Little Liars made it into the top 2?”
Alyson: “Yeah, that’s right, I really like the suspense, and the storyline of the show made me curious about A. First, Mona is the first A, second, Toby is one of the A-team members, he is part of A, but he’s not real A.”
Nick: “You often watch the show?”
Alyson: “I haven’t watched the third season yet, I read the so much spoilers on Wikipedia, and the third season of Pretty Little Liars will continue on Tuesday, January 8 on ABC Family in the U.S.”
Nick: “Alyson, if I were you, I would have never read the spoilers of any show.”
Alyson: “But it haven’t aired in Indonesia and Asia Pacific, silly. Oh, forget it, I need to go to the bathroom. *leaves the stage*”
Nick: “Okay, fine. Well, video number 62, another country superstar, Taylor Swift – Begin Again.”
#62. Taylor Swift – Begin Again
*Dave walks to the award lounge*
Dave: “Hello, world!”
*audience cheers*
Dave: “Wow, thank you very much guys, and I have something special to announce. Best Country is to be revealed! You know that Country music was originated from Southern United States. Since I was a kid, country music has been one of my favorite music genres, I remember that my favorite country artist is Olivia Newton-John. Wait, is she really country artist?”
*audience laughs*
Dave: “Never mind, and here are the nominees of the Best Country.”
Best Country:
Carrie Underwood
Hunter Hayes
Lady Antebellum
Miranda Lambert
Taylor Swift
Dave: “And the Best Country goes to… One of my favorite country artists of the year, it’s Taylor Swift! Congratulations!!”
BEST COUNTRY
TAYLOR SWIFT
Alyson: “Homeland, Pretty Little Liars, Nashville, and The Voice are my most favorite TV shows of the year.”
Nick: “Ha! You just said that The Voice is better than American Idol!”
Alyson: “I’m not finished yet, Nick, I will say American Idol too. Okay, what’s number one of the Best TV Shows of 2012. I hope it’s American Idol!”
Nick: “Sorry, Alyson.”
Alyson: “Huh, it’s not American Idol?”
Nick: “Not, it’s not, it’s… one of the most watched drama series in the U.S., it’s The Walking Dead!!”
Alyson: “What?! I thought American Idol is our number one!”
Nick: “Not, it’s not, you’ll see, The Walking Dead is the most watched drama series in the U.S., in fact its’ third season premiere drew 10.9 million viewers, making it the most watched scripted drama telecast on U.S. basic cable history. And you know, all around the world had agreed that The Walking Dead is the best TV show of the year! Okay, time to go, I’m Nick and she’s Alyson, and here’s the number 61, Ellie Goulding – Anything Could Happen. Thanks for watching, good night, everybody, and come back tomorrow!”
Alyson: “Whatever, but American Idol is supposed to be the number one.”
#61. Ellie Goulding – Anything Could Happen






Comments

Popular Posts