Best of 2013 Episode 22 (Season Finale)



After we count down from 150 to 11, it’s finally time to countdown the top 10 of 2013, which are the biggest singles of the year! The biggest ceremony of the season will also feature performances from:
Girls’ Generation
Selena Gomez
Taylor Swift
Miley Cyrus
Robin Thicke
Katy Perry
EXO
One Direction
Eminem
AKB48
Lorde
Ladies and gentlemen, LIVE from the live lounge, it’s Dimas Pettigrew’s Best of 2013 LIVE Finale!

Luke: “It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for, after we’re counting down the music videos number 150 to 11 of 2013 and thanks to you, we collected one million bucks to rebuild this Live Lounge!”
Alyson: “It’s the Best of 2013 LIVE finale!! I’m Alyson!”
Luke: “I’m Luke! That was another viral video showcasing the mashup of 68 songs released in 2013 bought to you by Daniel Kim!”
Alyson: “To make the opening more exciting, please welcome Selena Gomez!!”

Luke: “That was Selena Gomez with her worldwide hit single, Slow Down!”
Alyson: “Thank you very much, Selena Gomez for opening the show! That was phenomenal!”
Luke: “Well, for the past few weeks, we’ve been counting down the best music videos of the year from number 150 to number 11, but I know there’s a lot of controversial moments on air, including Holly’s nervous breakdown facing her childhood trauma and the attack of the angry mob which caused the studio and the Live Lounge got crushed. But… thanks to your one million dollar donation, we couldn’t have revealed the top 10 music videos of 2013 LIVE and we couldn’t have seen the live performances like from Selena Gomez!”
Alyson: “Thanks to you too, you bring back the original hosts, Holly, Nick, and Drew! Shall we bring them back to the stage?”
*audience cheers*
Luke: “Okay, let’s meet them, please welcome, Holly, Drew, and Nick!!”
*audience cheers as the montage of Holly, Drew, and Nick being shown, as well as the dramatic a la The X Factor judges greetings music played. After the screen opened, audience cheers as Holly, Drew, and Nick walk to the stage*
Luke: “Ladies and gentlemen, Holly, Drew, and Nick!!”
*audience cheers as the music stops*
Alyson: “You three, welcome back to the show, we’re glad you’re back!”
Holly: “Yeah, I’m glad to be back after all the struggles I had, it’s so nice to be back with Nick and Drew!”
Nick: “Hell yeah, it’s game on!”
Drew: “We’re really glad we’re making it through to be in the LIVE finale. Are you guys excited?!”
*audience cheers*
Luke: “They’re really excited.”
Alyson: “Of course, they’re here to see the live performances besides the top 10 music videos of 2013, and not only those will be revealed during the show, but also the winners of the Best Pop, Video of the Year, and Album of the Year to keep this show alive!”
Nick: “So, shall we start with the video number 10?”
*audience cheers*
Holly: “But first, we’re revealing the Album of the Year nominees, they’re… Katy Perry’s Prism.”
*audience cheers*
Nick: “Luke Bryan’s Crash My Party.”
*audience cheers*
Drew: “OneRepublic’s Native.”
*audience cheers*
Luke: “Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines.”
*audience cheers*
Alyson: “And last but not the least Selena Gomez’s Stars Dance!”
*audience cheers*
Nick: “The Album of the Year will be revealed in the end of the first hour as we also reveal the nominees for the Best Pop.”
Alyson: “Girls’ Generation is at the backstage preparing for their performance LIVE, but before we see their performance, we also got informations regarding the performers, Lorde will perform after we reveal the video number 9, then it’s Miley Cyrus after video number 8!”
*audience cheers*
Drew: “First of all, here’s video number 10, you guys ready?”
*audience cheers*
Drew: “It’s… Suit and Tie!!”
#10. Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z – Suit & Tie (44485 pts.)

Drew: “Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage, the hottest Korean girl group, Girls’ Generation!!”
*audience cheers*

Nick: “*comes to the stage* That was Girls’ Generation with their hit Japanese single, Flower Power. Girls, don’t leave the stage, I need some quick chat with you girls, especially you, Taeyeon and Tiffany, and Seohyun too! Come here! 2013 is one of the amazing years for you.”
Taeyeon: “That’s true, we have number one albums in both Korea and Japan, Korea with I Got a Boy, and Japan with Love & Peace, as well as the YouTube Music Award for the Best Music Video.”
Tiffany: “We beat Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, and Psy! We’re so proud we have our fans!”
Seohyun: “And we also had a plan to release another TaeTiSeo album this year!”
Nick: “By the way, Yoona, there’s a report that you’re dating Lee Seung-Gi, which was confirmed by SM Entertainment, your agency, how do you feel right now?”
Yoona: “I feel really in love with him, we’ve been dating for four months in secret, and the secret finally came out, I’m officially dating him, we’re both actors too.”
Nick: “Well, if you want to see Yoona acting besides singing, tune in to her latest drama, Prime Minister and I on KBS and KBS World! Anyway, girls, you’re also nominated for the Best Korean Act, in which you won! Congratulations!”
*producer comes to give Girls’ Generation the award trophy as audience cheers*
Taeyeon: “Oh my, thank you, thank you so much! We would love to thank all our fans, you will be always remembered, as well as people at SM Entertainment and Nayutawave Records.”
Yuri: “We also would like to thank our parents, our family, and our friends for continuing support.”
Girls’ Generation: “Arigatougozaimasu! Gamsahabnida!”
Nick: “Well, it’s Girls’ Generation, everybody!”
*audience cheers*
Nick: “Now we’re going to the backstage with Drew, who is currently looking for Miley Cyrus. Drew?”
*camera pans to the backstage*
Drew: “Nick, I can see many performers here. *greets Selena Gomez* Hey, Selena Gomez, you’re awesome! *looks for Miley Cyrus* Miley? Miley Cyrus *finds Miley Cyrus* There you are, I’ve been looking for you, Miley!”
Miley: “Hello, guys! *greets to the camera*”
Drew: “So, Miley, you changed a lot from before.”
Miley: “Yeah, I’m trying to build as myself, Miley Cyrus, not as Disney girl like Hannah Montana, I’m just me, Miley Cyrus.”
Drew: “So, Miley, you’re also featured on will.i.am’s latest single, Feeling Myself, right? Can you rap your verse, please?”
Miley: “Now?”
Drew: “Yes, now, but without profanity because we’re live, children are watching.”
Miley: “Here we go. *raps* Now everybody trippin' like they poppin' molly, up in the club, is where you can find me, I do it real big never do it tiny. If you about that that please don't remind me, I step in this mother mother just to make it work, I get on the floor just to make that booty twerk, Shake, shake that like a, like an expert, shake, shake that ass like a, like an expert.
*audience cheers as Drew claps his hands*
Drew: “Bravo! That’s really amazing! By the way, Miley, your first single of your latest album, Bangerz.”
Miley: “It’s We Can’t Stop.”
Drew: “Yeah, it’s the music video number 9 of 2013, congratulations! You have an honor to introduce your music video here, go on.”
Miley: “Ladies and gentlemen, here’s video number 9 of 2013, my music video, We Can’t Stop.”
#09. Miley Cyrus – We Can’t Stop (44917 pts.)
Alyson: “That was Miley Cyrus with We Can’t Stop which is the video number 9 of 2013! Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome one of the breakout artists of the year, performing her worldwide number one single, please welcome Lorde!!”
*audience cheers*
Alyson: “Lorde! Please don’t leave, we’re getting a quick chat.”
*audience cheers*
Alyson: “Hello, Lorde!”
Lorde: “Hello.”
Alyson: “I didn’t expect that you’re one of the breakout artists of 2013! Your breakout single, Royals is the number one single worldwide, can’t you believe that?”
Lorde: “No, I can’t, I can’t believe that, I really didn’t expect that my single would be the number one worldwide, I was one of the unknown New Zealander, and now I’m the international artist as well.”
Alyson: “Well, thanks to the number one song on Billboard Hot 100, you’re the first New Zealander act to achieve number one song! Thanks to the viral video as well, your song covered by lots of artists, including Selena Gomez, Fifth Harmony, and Pentatonix! So, you also have won the Best Australian and New Zealand Act! Congratulations!”
*a producer comes to give the award trophy to Lorde as audience cheers*
Lorde: “Oh my, oh my, I didn’t expect this as well, so thanks to all my fans, thanks to my mom, thanks to my dad, and my friends at school, thank you, thank you so much. And I would like to thank to Universal, especially Republic Records. Thank you so much!”
*audience cheers*
Alyson: “Ladies and gentlemen, Lorde! Thank you for being here, Lorde, we can’t wait to hear your next singles in 2014, good luck!”
*Lorde leaves the stage*
Alyson: “That was Lorde, our Best Australian and New Zealand Act! Coming up, Miley Cyrus is performing live after we reveal the video number 8, we’re also revealing the Album of the Year! You guys ready for video number 8?”
*audience cheers*
Alyson: “Here you go, video number 8, it’s Demi Lovato’s Heart Attack!”
*audience cheers*
#08. Demi Lovato – Heart Attack (45857 pts.)

Holly: “She might be Hannah Montana or Disney girl, but this year she changed her image into sexy and adorable woman, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Miley Cyrus!”

Holly: “That’s Miley Cyrus with her latest single, Adore You! Now I’m holding the envelope, where the winner of the Album of the Year is written inside. Here we go, the Album of the Year goes to… Katy Perry’s Prism!”
ALBUM OF THE YEAR

KATY PERRY – PRISM
*audience cheers*
Holly: “Katy Perry is at the backstage, so Luke is with her backstage, giving the award trophy to her. Luke?”
*camera pans to the backstage where Luke is sitting next to Katy Perry*
Luke: “Thanks, Holly. Katy Perry, you’re looked amazing, I’m one of your huge fans! I even bought your album on iTunes, Prism!”
Katy Perry: “Thank you.”
Luke: “So, you’re winning the Album of the Year for your latest album, Prism, congratulations! *gives the trophy to Katy Perry*”
Katy Perry: “Oh my God, it’s amazing, I would like to thank my boyfriend, John Mayer, and especially to Capitol Records, Dr. Luke, Max Martin, StarGate, and of course my family, and without my fans, I wouldn’t have been who I am right now. Thank you!”
*audience cheers*
Luke: “Congratulations for your great album, Katy Perry. Anyway, your lead single, Roar is the video number 7 of 2013. Please introduce your video.”
Katy Perry: “Ladies and gentlemen, here’s my music video for the lead single of Prism, Roar, which landed at number 7 of 2013.”
*audience cheers*
#07. Katy Perry – Roar (46571 pts.)

Nick: “We’ve counted down the videos number 10 to 7, we have six videos to go, and we also have two award categories’s winners to be revealed! AKB48 is performing their latest single LIVE after the video number 6, Katy Perry after number 5, and Eminem after number 4! But first, please welcome Robin Thicke!!”
*audience cheers*
Drew: “That was Robin Thicke with his latest single Feel Good! Still to come the top 6 music videos of 2013, as well as the performance from AKB48, Katy Perry, and Eminem! We’re also going to reveal the Best Pop after Eminem’s performance! So the nominees are Delta Goodrem, Justin Timberlake, Phillip Phillips, Selena Gomez, and Taylor Swift!”
*audience cheers*
Drew: “You guys ready for video number 6?!”
*audience cheers again*
Drew: “Here we go, it’s another Justin Timberlake’s video! Mirrors!”
#06. Justin Timberlake – Mirrors (52456 pts.)

Alyson: “If Korea has Girls’ Generation, Japan has AKB48, which is the biggest girl group of the world according to Guinness World Record! Performing their latest single which has very long long title and is shortened as Suzukake Nanchara, please welcome AKB48!!”

Alyson: “AKB48, everyone! Please don’t leave, I got something for you girls! You won the Best Japanese Act!”
*audience cheers as AKB48 looked very shocked*
Alyson: “Whoa, there’s so many of you, you’re so amazing even though there’s many of you. But you’re the Best Japanese Act, congratulations! Well, where’s the leader?”
*four team captains raise their hands*
Alyson: “Okay, four team captains, aren’t they? Can you tell me your names?”
Yui Yokoyama: “I’m Yui Yokoyama, team A captain.”
Yuko Oshima: “Yuko Oshima, team K leader.”
Ayaka Umeda: “Ayaka Umeda, team B leader.”
Minami Minegishi: “Minami Minegishi, team 4 leader.”
Yui Yokoyama: “We would like to thank to our fans, King Record, and all our supporters here, thank you very much! Arigato gozaimasu.”
AKB48: “Arigato gozaimasu!”
*audience cheers*
Alyson: “Thanks for stopping by, AKB48, thank you very much! Ladies and gentlemen, AKB48!”
*audience cheers as AKB48 leaves the stage*
Alyson: “Whoa, we finally reached the top 5! Top 5, everybody!”
*audience cheers*
Alyson: “I know you guys are really excited, so let’s find out the video number 5, it’s Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips!”
#05. Phillip Phillips – Gone, Gone, Gone (55488 pts.)

Luke: “Her latest album, Prism, is the Album of the Year, now she is performing LIVE, please welcome Katy Perry!!”

Nick: “That was Katy Perry with her single, Unconditionally! Remember, Eminem is performing up next after the video number 4 is revealed! I’m at the backstage now, I can see Robin Thicke and Selena Gomez are getting nervous, they’re not only waiting whether they win the rest of the award categories, but also their singles reached the top 4, but we don’t know where each video will end up at. Hey, there’s Taylor Swift too! She will perform after the video number 3! And EXO-K will also perform after we reveal the Best Pop!”
Holly: “EXO-K, I’m sure the girls are really excited about this, they’re also waiting for One Direction too, and the most anticipated Taylor Swift will perform too LIVE!”
Nick: “So we have the top 4 videos to be revealed.”
Holly: “So guys, you’re ready for video number 4? And… it’s will.i.am featuring Britney Spears – Scream & Shout!”
#04. Will.i.am feat. Britney Spears – Scream & Shout (61517 pts.)

Luke: “He’s finally back, the King of Hip-Hop is back with his latest album, The Marshall Matters LP 2, he’s also back performing in this stage LIVE, please welcome Eminem!!”

Alyson: “That was the King of Hip-Hop, Eminem, he’s finally back with his latest album, The Marshall Matters LP 2, the album is now available on iTunes, so download it now!”
Luke: “We have three more videos to be revealed! But first, we got to reveal the Best Pop.”
Alyson: “And the winner of the best pop goes to… Taylor Swift!!”
Luke: “But Taylor Swift is performing now, we’re gonna give this right after her performance. Please welcome, the country sweetheart, Taylor Swift!!”

Alyson: “Taylor Swift!!”
Luke: “Well, it was your best performance, welcome back, Taylor Swift, you’ve just won the Best Pop! *giving the trophy to Taylor Swift*”
Taylor Swift: “Oh my…”
Alyson: “Taylor, you’re not only winning the Best Pop, but you’re also winning the Best Country and the Best Female! Congratulations!”
Taylor Swift: “Oh my God! Thank you! *the producer gives two trophies to her* Wow, I didn’t expect this, thank you very much to all my fans, Big Machine Records, my mom, my producers, Nathan Chapman, Max Martin, Shellback, thank you so much! Thank you!”
Luke: “Ladies and gentlemen, Taylor Swift!”
*Taylor Swift leaves the stage as audience cheers and applauses*
Alyson: “So EXO-K and One Direction are not performing yet, but they will after we reveal the video number 3!”
Luke: “But we also have one more award category, Video of the Year, and we have six nominees instead of five. The nominees are Ariana Grande feat. Mac Miller – The Way, Justin Timberlake – Mirrors, Lady Gaga – Applause, Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball, Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell Williams & T.I. – Blurred Lines, and Selena Gomez – Come & Get It. The winner is revealed… now!”
Alyson: “The winner of the Video of the Year goes to… Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball!!”
*Miley Cyrus comes to the stage and receives the trophy*
Miley: “Whoa! It seems my iconic video, Wrecking Ball is the Video of the Year, thank you so much, finally! Oh my God! Thank you to Dr. Luke, RCA Records, my friends, and my fans. I love you guys so much, you watched the video, we broke the record together with Wrecking Ball! Thank you very much! Thank you!”
Alyson: “Congratulations, Miley Cyrus!”
Luke: “Guys, here’s video number 3, Luke Bryan – Crash My Party!!”
#03. Luke Bryan – Crash My Party (65542 pts.)

Holly: “We’re almost there, we’re reaching the top 2!”
Drew: “I can’t wait to see the top 2 videos of 2013! But first, girls, I know you’re really excited, so please welcome EXO!!”

Nick: “Wow, we’re almost there! As you can see all performers are gathering ‘round here as we’re finding out the video number one of 2013!”
Drew: “We have two videos, Selena Gomez – Come & Get It! Selena Gomez, please step forward. *Selena Gomez steps forward* Selena, your video is at the top 2, congratulations, how do you feel so far? Are you hoping that your video will be the number one?”
Selena Gomez: “Yeah, I don’t know, I didn’t expect that my video will be one of the top 2, but if my video made it at number one, I will be very proud. I’m really excited to see if my video is the number one of 2013!”
Alyson: “Thank you, Selena Gomez. We have one more video, Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell Williams & T.I. – Blurred Lines.”
Luke: “Please step forward, Robin Thicke. *Robin Thicke steps forward* So, Robin Thicke, you have your own number one single landing in one of the top two, how do you feel right now?”
Robin Thicke: “I don’t know, man, but thank God I’m not facing Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.”
*audience laughs*
Nick: “Well, good luck to both of you.”
Alyson: “Selena Gomez, Robin Thicke, you both have each video in the top 2, but only one will be the number one of 2013.”
Luke: “One of the video has 69807 points, that’s the number two, while the number one has 74548 points.”
*audience cheers*
Holly: “Will the number one go to Selena Gomez or Robin Thicke, we’re finding out.”
Drew: “And… the number one song and music video of 2013 which scored 74548 points is…”
*pauses 20 seconds as everyone seemed really nervous*
Drew: “It’s Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines.”
*audience cheers as all the performers give Robin Thicke applause*
Nick: “Congratulations, Robin Thicke!”
*Alyson gives the number one trophy to Robin Thicke*
Robin Thicke: “Really? I’m the number one? Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for my fans, you’re the best, I would like also to thank Pharrell Williams and T.I., thanks to Interscope Records too. Thank you, thank you very much!”
Selena Gomez: “Congratulations to you, Robin Thicke!”
Luke: “Selena Gomez, you’re leading the nominations with six, but you didn’t win any single award, but your video, Come and Get It, reach number two of 2013. I give you an honor to introduce your video, please.”
Selena Gomez: “Hi, guys, I’m Selena Gomez, and here’s the number two of 2013, my hit single, Come & Get It, I hope you enjoy.”
#02. Selena Gomez – Come & Get It (69807 pts.)

Drew: “We’re not done with all the performances, ladies, you’re excited?”
*audience cheers*
Drew: “Here’s the final live performance of the night, please welcome, One Direction!!”

Alyson: “That was One Direction, and we’re come to the close, the top 150 songs are already revealed.”
Luke: “Hell yeah, it’s really amazing!”
Holly: “I’m so proud to all of us, it’s a close, but we haven’t said goodbye yet, and we haven’t let Robin Thicke introduce his video.”
Luke: “Well, that’s it for now, I hope 2014 will be better than 2013, I mean I hope this year will be more awesome than last year!”
Alyson: “That’s the spirit, Luke!”
Drew: “It’s a wrap, mate! I’m Drew!”
Nick: “I’m Nick!”
Alyson: “I’m Alyson!”
Luke: “I’m Luke!”
Holly: “And I’m Holly, hope you guys enjoy 2014! Happy 2014, everyone! Good night, everybody!”
Nick: “But first, please welcome Robin Thicke introducing his video!!”
*audience cheers as Robin Thicke comes to the stage greeted by props around the stage*
Robin Thicke: “Thank you! Thank you! To close the show, it’s an honor, here’s the number one single of 2013, Blurred Lines! Good night, everybody!!”
#01. Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell Williams & T.I. – Blurred Lines (74548 pts.)


Comments

Popular Posts