Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 1


Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains some coarse language, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for young children.

On the first day of the second semester of the year in Jakarta Arts, at 7:30 AM, a young man with short buzz haircut wearing black jacket, grey polo shirt and brown pants, arrived in front of the gate. The security guard recognized him as he greeted him politely. The man replied the security guard politely.
Then the security guard welcomed him “Welcome back, you’re one of the best Jakarta Arts alumni.”
“Thank you very much, sir.” The man replied “This school has been changed a lot for me, the last time I came here, this school only had one building, the school and the dorm. I’m really glad I’m back, I’ll see you later.” The man walked leaving the gate seeing most of the students cheering to each other.
“KYAAAA!!! They’re performing in Jakarta Arts Square!!” shouted the brunette-haired girl who wore black t-shirt and red skirts.
“Really, Ally’s performing this morning?” asked the girl who wore white dress.
“Not only them, but also her friends who are now popular!! Let’s go!!” the girl who asked her brought her to Jakarta Arts Square.
The man said “Interesting.” He looked around, he saw the dorm few meters in front of him, he turned right and walked. As he walked, he he saw the classrooms in both sides, including drama class, music class, modelling class, visual arts class, English class, Indonesian Language class, and more. He walked straight as he saw most of the students ran around. And then, he finally arrived at the center of Jakarta Arts, Jakarta Arts Square.
Many students who had been waiting in front of the newly-built stage for Ally and her friends’ performance, they screamed and cheered as Ally and her friends were ready to come to the stage.
The stage was black-colored with so two sound system on the left and right sides of the stage, there was no any decoration… yet. There were only guitar, keyboard and drum.
He saw most of the students were eager and excited in front of the stage, they eagerly anticipated the performance, he also decided to join the audience who would be watching the performance.
First, Amber came to the stage, then followed by Jordan, Katie, Will, Oliver and finally, the girl who was the most anticipated among the students, Ally, because she was signed to the record label.
“Ally!!!” shouted some of the audience.
Will took the guitar, Oliver sat in front of the keyboard, while Jordan sat in front of the drum.
Jordan shouted “One, two, three, four!” He started playing the drums, while Oliver started playing Diamonds on the keyboard, as did Will, who started playing his guitar.
Ally, Amber and Katie sang first “Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond…”
Ally sang her line “Find light in the beautiful sea, I choose to be happy, you and I, you and I, we’re like diamonds in the sky.”
Katie sang “You’re a shooting star I see, a vision of ecstasy, when you hold me, I’m alive, we’re like diamonds in the sky.”
Amber sang with her diva-like voice “I knew that we’d become one right away, oh, right away, at first sight I felt the energy of sun rays, I saw the life inside your eyes…”
Then all sang “So shine bright tonight, you and I, we’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky. Eye to eye, so alive, we’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky. Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, shining bright like a diamond, we’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky. Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, shining bright like a diamond, we’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky.”
Jordan sang as he continued playing the drum “Palms rise to the universe, as we moonshine and molly, feel the warmth, we’ll never die, we’re like diamonds in the sky…”
Oliver sang “You’re a shooting star I see, a vision of ecstasy. When you hold me, I’m alive, we’re like diamonds in the sky.”
Will sang “At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays, I saw the life inside your eyes…”
The man commented as Ally and her friends sang the chorus “Wow, they will be famous someday, that’s above standard for me.” He saw the audience waving their hands.
Ally sang before the last chorus “Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond.”
All sang the chorus again “So shine bright tonight, you and I, we’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky. Eye to eye, so alive, we’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky. Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, shining bright like a diamond, we’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky…”
Amber sang with her diva-like voice again “Oh yeah…”
All sang “Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond.”
Ally sang the last line “Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond.”
The students who watched the performance gave ovation with cheers and screams, that man also gave his applause to them.
Ally proudly greeted to the students “Boys and girls, welcome back to our beloved high school! Welcome back to Jakarta Arts!!”
All students screamed and cheered even louder to Ally and her friends, Katie and Amber just smiled to the audience, while Will, Oliver and Jordan joined the girls to greet the audience again on stage.
While the man was greeted by Mr. Henderson, the principal of Jakarta Arts, who came just in time after the performance had ended “Casey Spencer?”
Casey greeted Mr. Henderson “Mr. Henderson, whoa, I finally meet you!”
“Welcome back to Jakarta Arts, Casey Spencer, I’ve heard all about you, you’re the best student of class of 2009 in Jakarta Arts.”
“I’m here to become a drama teacher, and… I would love to pitch my script here. It’s a really great opportunity after I find out that one of your drama teachers called it quit.”
Mr. Henderson replied “I would love to read your script, come to my office, okay?”
“Yes, sir.” Casey said.
***
In the afternoon, Will, Oliver, Jordan, Katie and Amber walked around the square, they didn’t get any lesson on the first day of the semester, they looked most students were star-strucked by them.
“We’re now popular!” shouted Will “Thanks to not only my leadership, Oliver’s help as veep, but also our popularity after Ally got signed by the record label!”
Jordan posed to the two girls with Asian descent “You’re now meeting the coolest guy!”
Amber asked “Where’s Ally, anyway?”
Oliver replied “She’s back at the studio, she’s recording the rest of her album.”
Katie said “I can’t wait to hear her full album!”
Then the long brunette-haired girl who wore black shirt and jeans greeted them “Hello, you guys, I wonder where one more girl?”
Oliver answered “I’m her boyfriend actually, she’s out at the studio, recording her album as usual, like the winter holiday.”
The girl said “I know you all, Will, Oliver, Jordan, Katie and Amber, I saw your performance, you’re now one of the most popular students in Jakarta Arts now. I’m Angie, one of the most popular students like you, but the difference is… I’m 11th grader, I’m your senior and your mentor who will teach you how to be more popular.”
Katie said “Sounds interesting.”
“I better go back to my room, meet me at Asphalt Canteen, we’re going to have lunch together with the most popular students of Jakarta Arts.” Angie said before leaving Jakarta Arts Square.
“Interesting.” Amber said.
Katie told “At least I can forget my topless picture in the party.”
Will said “Ally is already popular…”
Oliver continued “Now it’s our turn!”
Jordan then denied “Guys, this might be a trap from our senior, I disagree with this! We can be popular in our way!”
Amber then replied “Hell no, Jordan, that bitch will teach us how to be more popular than Ally, or at least Chloe, or I should say the super ho whore bitch rocker.”
Oliver warned “You better watch your language, Amber, but you’re right, we can be equally popular as Ally is!”
“I agree.” Katie said.
***
Will, Oliver and Jordan walked through the stairs before arriving at the third floor of the dormitory bringing their bags, they walked through the rooms in the third floor.
“Too bad Christian had left Jakarta Arts, now our room has only three roommates, us.” Oliver said.
“Of course, Oliver.” Will said as they arrived in front of their room, Room 315, he took the room key from his pocket and unlocked the door. He opened the door then, he entered the room with Oliver and Jordan.
Oliver said “Lunch will be ready in Asphalt Canteen, we’re not going to be late for the lessons from Angie, right?”
Jordan answered as he put his bag next to his bed “I’m not joining you, guys.”
Oliver asked “Excuse me?”
“I’m not gonna join the most popular students of Jakarta Arts, I felt really suspicious of them, I don’t want to humiliate myself since my dad died of drug overdose.”
Will convinced Jordan “C’mon, Jordan, you better join us! Of course you want to become the most popular student of Jakarta Arts after many problems we had suffered last semester! C’mon, mate, it will be fun!”
“Whatever, I’m not joining you guys.”
Delta arrived in front of the door “Knock, knock.”
“Miss Delta.” called Oliver.
Delta said “I’m really sorry that you have lost your roommate recently, Christian, he left Jakarta Arts. However, I have a new friend who would love to be your roommate, he is a transfer student.” She called the boy “C’mon, don’t be shy, just say hello to them.”
The boy then showed himself, he walked to the front of the door, he saw Will, Oliver and Jordan. The boy wore black jacket, grey t-shirt and black jeans, he had short brown hair, acne-free face, he had not beard and moustache yet.
Jordan greeted the boy “Hello!”
Delta introduced the boy “He’s Edwin, he is actually from Dutch, he recently transferred to this school, I hope you guys can get along together as roommates. By the way, Jordan, he will be your classmate too.”
“Whoa, I’m really excited!” replied Jordan.
Will said “Oh, we have to go to Asphalt Canteen, we had our promise with the seniors!”
Oliver continued “Let’s go!”
Will and Oliver walked leaving the room to Asphalt Canteen while Jordan said “Will, Oliver, what about…”
Delta said “They’re really hungry, well, Jordan, you can give him a tour, I’ll see you later.” She left the room.
Jordan approached Edwin and greeted “I’m Jordan Ray, your new roommate, what’s your name again?”
Edwin replied “Edwin Mohammed Arkenbout.”
“Wow, you must be a Muslim, bro! When did you arrive here?”
“New Year’s Eve.”
“Well, we’re gonna be classmates, c’mon, we need to have lunch before I give you some tour around the school.”
Edwin asked “Wait… Jordan, right?”
“Yeah, that’s my name. We better go now before the line is already long.”
***
In the principal’s office, Casey entered the office to see if his script was greenlit for the new musical in Jakarta Arts. The principal’s office
“Your drama is titled Flop Love, the woman who failed at love?”
Casey denied “No, it’s not, you better read it again.”
“I’ve read it thousand times already.” Mr. Henderson joked “I can’t believe you’ve grown into the great screenwriter, I wonder why they rejected your script, although this script is not perfect, it has potential. So, I will give the musical greenlight, and you can started casting all Jakarta Arts students for the role.”
Casey said “Wow, I have never heard that sentence, ‘my script has potential’, I tried to pitch it on Broadway, West End and even in Sydney Opera House, I’ve never heard the ‘potential’ word.”
Mr. Henderson added “By the way, Casey, we’re short on drama teachers here, one of them, has recently called it quits at the end of the semester.”
Casey immediately accepted the offer “Yeah, I would love to, I would love see Jakarta Arts students studying too, teaching them would be a great opportunity for me.”
“Welcome back to Jakarta Arts, Spencer.”
***
In Balboa Heights Records headquarters, Ally went to the ballroom, where most artists, producers and record executives celebrated the 5th anniversary of the record company. In the ballroom, Ally could see many balloon, table with foods and drinks such as a plate of vanilla lemon flavored anniversary cake, a plate of roasted turkey, a big bowl of mashed potatoes, and a big bowl of fruit punch. She saw everybody danced on the dance floor in front of the DJ, who changed the classical music to That’s The Way (I Like It) song. The party guests started dancing like crazy.
Ally was confused as she was supposed to continue recording for her debut album as she walked to the party. She saw many producers and record executives partying around. Then a white short haired man who wore black suit, blue shirt and tie and black pants greeted her, she recognized him as Tim, the CEO and chairman of the record company.
“Ally, hello, I’m glad you’re here as our newest artist, most of the artists are the huge fans of yours already!”
Ally replied “Really, sir?”
“Yeah, I would love to introduce you to your fellow labelmates.” Tim clapped his hands, ordering the party guests to stop activities at the party, he introduces Ally to the guests “May I get your attention, please? Thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, I would love to introduce you our very new artist of the label, it’s Ally Sanders!”
All guests gave Ally ovation and applaused, with louder cheers from the man who wore blue polo shirt and black pants, he had black casual short straight hairstyle “Woohoo!!! Welcome!!”
The guests awkwardly started at the man, then Tim said “He was the dumbest artist we’ve ever had, Ally, he’s Shawn Roday, despite his foolish actions, he is also an award-winning singer, he won 3 AMIs last year, including the best male solo singer, he also won a Anugerah Planet Muzik in Malaysia for the best vocal new male artist.”
“Yoohoo, Ally!” shouted Shawn walked approaching her, but he fell down to the floor after accidently tripped the cable on the floor, he stood up and shouted “Ally!!”
“Yeah, he’s a fool, Ally.” Tim said “He even clumsily put my phone in the fish tank on the first day of work.”
Then Shawn greeted as he arrived to see Ally “Hi, Ally, I’m Shawn Rodriguez, my stage name is Shawn Roday, I’ve seen your video several times, and your songs are pretty great!”
Ally said “Okay… I’m currently recording them for my debut album in addition with the new songs.”
Tim told Ally before leaving “You better be careful, Ally, with this guy!”
Shawn offered “Ally Sanders, I’m asking you, would you love to dance romantically with me?”
Ally felt awkward “So… sorry, I think not, I have a boyfriend, and I’m still studying at school too.”
“You’re still studying? I thought you’re not teenager anymore. Tell me where do you study?”
“In Jakarta Arts.”
Shawn was surprised happily “Whoa! Jakarta Arts, that was my school!”
“You studied there too?” asked Ally.
Shawn happily answered “Hell yeah, I studied there! That was the best school ever with no annoying regular school lessons, because I’m kinda lazy of math and some counting lessons like that. You got the best school in entire Indonesia with no annoying regular school lessons.”
“Um, Shawn, actually we’re still learning history, Indonesian language and English.”
“For God sake, history! Damn! Why the hell they added history to your curriculum?”
“May I pay your attention again, ladies and gentlemen?” asked Tim holding the microphone next to the DJ who hadn’t stop his music yet “DJ, please stop the music, you got to listen too!” After the DJ stopped the music, he made his speech “All artists, producers and record executives, I would love to thank all of you to make this label survive for five years, this record label has been really successful, we had many award-winning singers, producers and record executives, we have the highest quality workers here! Give applause to yourself!”
Everyone gave applause to themselves and the record label.
Shawn said to Ally “Tim’s speech is always long…”
***
In Asphalt Canteen, Angie was standing in front of the canteen entrance, she saw most students were already lining up for lunch. She saw the lunch lady giving the lunch to the students who were lining up, the lunch lady was seen wearing pink hijab, pink dress and white apron. Angie deemed the lunch lady was fat because her big body.Then she saw Will, Oliver, Katie and Amber arriving at the canteen.
“You’re late!” Angie complained.
“What?” asked Amber.
“The students are already lining up! Stars don’t care about patience, they want to be served quickly!”
Katie said “I see.”
“Or we should make us to be served quickly thanks to the Power of Fame.”
“But how?” asked Oliver.
“Watch and learn.” Angie walked to the line while singing “You’re now the part of the most popular, take a bite of a fame machine, you’re no longer the unknown anymore, you’re not the outcast neither. You’re now discovered by people who are so amazed by your fab fame, people will think you’re beautiful, that’s just because the power of fame.” She then harried the front line while singing “Ah, famous! Ah, famous! Ah, famous! Ah, famous!”
The black guy said “Line up, bitch!”
“Ah, famous, You’re the one who’s living the damn life, fabulous life, your friends must be damn jealous, we’re treated into the comfortable life, we can always get what we want so bad thanks to the power of fame.”
“C’mon, line up, bitch!” shouted the Asian girl.
“You’re such a bitch!” shouted the black guy who lined behind her.
Angie sang again before pushing the girls who were lining in front of her, kicking them out of the line “We can always get what we want so bad thanks to the power of fame.” She then told Will, Oliver, Amber and Katie to line in front of her, they got their positions.
“Look at the boobs of the lunch lady, they’re big!” said Angie.
“Yeah, you’re right!” shouted Oliver.
“Hell yeah.” Amber and Katie said.
Angie added “She must’ve been eating fatty soup.”
“At least we’re popular now.” Will said.
The lunch lady ignored their insults, they gave them lunch, then Katie sang “Passing through the other people who are lining up.”
“You got into the song, Katie.” said Angie, then they searched for the table, then Angie pointed her boyfriend, who was sitting in front of the vending machines “That’s my boyfriend!” However, he saw many female nerds sat next to him “Holy dammit!” She sang again “Hey there, you can get always get what you want, you can now brag what the other people don’t have.” They approached the table as she sang “You can now cut the line, passing through the other people who are lining up, we can seat where we want, ‘cause we’re treated like super VIPs.” Angie told the nerds “This table is reserved for the most popular students of Jakarta Arts!”
“We got these seats first already!” yelled the nerds.
Angie put her lunch tray on the table, then she slammed the trays of their lunch to the nerds.
“Whoa!” said Amber.
“Passing through the other people who are lining up.” sang Katie.
“That’s rude, but looks like fun!” said Will.
“I agree.” Oliver told.
Angie sang with them as the nerds left the table humiliated “Ah, famous, You’re the one who’s living the damn life, fabulous life, your friends must be damn jealous, we’re treated into the comfortable life, we can always get what we want so bad thanks to the power of fame.”
They finally sat down on the table, they started enjoying the lunch as the other popular students started sitting there and eating their lunch.
While Jordan and Edwin arrived at Asphalt Canteen, Jordan introduced the canteen to Edwin “This is Asphalt Canteen, where you can get lunch for free, and now you can have breakfast and dinner for free too.”
Edwin saw the popular jocks and cheerleaders mocking the lunch lady “Oh no, poor her.”
“What’s the matter?” asked Jordan when he started lining in with Edwin.
“That lunch lady got mocked, she isn’t deserved to hear words like that, she worked hard to prepare the foods!”
“Yeah, I felt sorry for her too.”
***
Shawn sang on the stage to the party guests holding the microphone, while the band behind him got playing their instruments “It’s me, you and our dreams, we have to try hard, of course it won’t be easy to make it right, so you can be the one you want, and I can be the one I want, be the one we want to be.”
“Yeah!!” cheered Ally
“We’ve been dreaming what we wanna be, we’ve been dreaming to make that dream into reality, but it’s not really easy to make it true, I’m sure we can if we go hard and play hard. It’s me, you and our dreams, we have to try hard, of course it won’t be easy to make it right, so you can be the one you want, and I can be the one I want. It’s me, you and our dreams, we have to try hard, of course it won’t be easy to make it right, so you can be the one you want, and I can be the one I want, be the one we want to be. Be the one, be the one, be the one we want to be. Be the one, be the one, be the one we want to be. Be the one, be the one, be the one we want to be.” After the song finished, the party guests gave him applause and ovation, Shawn said again “Thank you very much, thank you! Okay, thank you! Guys, that was my debut single, although it wasn’t successful, but it kickstarted my singing career. And I would love to help kickstart our newest artist signed to the label, it’s Ally Sanders! Ally, please come to the stage!”
“Whoa! I can’t believe it!” Ally walked to the stage.
“Hi, Ally, congratulations for being signed to the label, as my present, I would love to duet with you, and it will be your official debut single!”
“Whoa! My debut single is duet with you?”
“Yeah, Ally, it’s your debut single, I will do my best to help you promote it! But first, we got to perform the song. Crew, two chairs please!” Shawn ordered the stage crews to take the two chairs to the stage.
Then the crew put the two chairs on the stage, Shawn and Ally sat down on the chair as the band started playing the song.
“Okay, Ally, you first.”
Ally started singing “Sometimes, I wish this love could fade away. Sometimes, I wish this love never existed. Sometimes, I wonder what if I never loved you, what would happen if I never loved you…” Shawn then joined her singing “This could’ve been different if I ain’t love you, we wouldn’t have suffered in this relationship, everything we had wouldn’t have happened in reality, these wouldn’t have happened if I ain’t love you…”
Shawn then sang “I felt I made my mistake by loving you. I knew you’re the wrong person whom I had fallen in love. I felt this love was weak for me, what would happen if I never loved you…” Ally joined him singing again “This could’ve been different if I ain’t love you, we wouldn’t have suffered in this relationship, everything we had wouldn’t have happened in reality, these wouldn’t have happened if I ain’t love you…”
The guitarist played his guitar louder as the party guests started clapping their hands, they were impressed by Ally’s beautiful voice.
Ally sang “What would happen if I never loved you…”
Shawn sang “What would happen if I never loved you…”
“This could’ve been different if I ain’t love you.”
“This could’ve been different…”
“We wouldn’t have suffered in this relationship.”
Ally and Shawn sang the last part “Everything we had wouldn’t have happened in reality… These wouldn’t have happened… These wouldn’t have happened if I ain’t love you…” They got another standing ovation from the party guests, Tim also was impressed by their performance.
Shawn told the audience “Ladies and gentlemen, Ally Sanders!”
The party guests cheered Ally, who cheered the audience back and thanked them “Thank you very much! Thank you so much! I hope you guys like my debut single, because I’m in love with it!” The audience gave her cheers, she replied “I don’t know what to say, but… once again thank you very much!”
***
Back to Ashpalt Canteen, Will, Oliver, Amber and Katie joined the most popular students of Jakarta Arts mocking the new lunch lady for being fat.
“Oh my God! She’s such a fat with that veil!” shouted Katie.
“Yeah, you’re right!” Amber laughed.
Jordan approached Will, Oliver, Katie and Amber “What the hell are you guys doing?”
“Just being popular!” Oliver proudly shouted.
“You should join too! You got to mock her!” shouted Will.
“Or we’re already mocking her!” Angie said “Join us!”
“I don’t want to.” Jordan refused.
“C’mon, don’t be coward, you got to!! You just get used to it to become popular!” Will continued mocking the lunch lady “I need a float,.”
“You’ve already got the float, that lunch lady!” said Angie “Look at her boobs, it’s like the two cans of soup!”
“Guys, you have to…” shouted Jordan.
Edwin then approached them “That’s really mean!”
Amber asked “Excuse me?”
“You don’t know her, you don’t know what her life is like.” Edwin replied.
Angie rudely asked “Why do you care.”
“Because… Because she’s my aunt! You’re so damn disgraceful to my aunt! Astagfirullah!” Edwin shouted before storming off.
Jordan warned Will and Oliver before leaving the canteen “Will, Oliver, he’s our new roommate! You can’t just mock her aunt like that! Now you blew his chance to become our new friend!”
***
Casey walked into the teacher’s office bringing his box, he went to his office, which had the former drama teacher, Keith, name in it, he took the name sign and replaced it with “Casey Spencer” name board on the door.
“Hi,” Delta arrived at the office lobby greeting Casey “You’re new?”
Casey turned around “Delta, it’s been about six months.”
“Yeah, since our college breakup.” Delta walked approaching Casey “When did you arrive here?”
“This morning, when I saw the students performing in the square, those students are really great, Delta.”
“Yeah, one of them is Ally Sanders, she’s recently signed with her record label.”
“Wow, that’s really great, she could be the next Kris Neil.”
“By the way, Casey, I’m moving on, I’m now dating Jake, the English teacher.”
“Fair enough.”
“What’s that supposed to mean? Are you jealous?”
“No, I’m not jealous, but I wish you but the best for your career and relationship, I wish you luck.”
“Well, I wish you luck too, I heard from Mr. Henderson that you’re going to make your own musical here, so I wish you luck too.”
“Thank you, Delta.” Casey turned back opening the door, he entered his new office before closing the door. He looked around the office, he saw table with computer and books on it. On the left side, he saw the bookshelves. He walked and put the box on the table before taking the picture of Jakarta Arts class of 2009 alumni, he was seen in the back row with Shawn Rodriguez next to him, he also took the pictures of him and Delta taken from photobox, including the kiss,
***
“Assalammualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh…” Edwin looked at right, then he looked at left “Assalammualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh…” He had just finished doing Dzuhur prayer.
“Edwin.” Jordan entered the room “Can we talk?”
“Sure,” Edwin replied.
Jordan took his shoes off before walking approaching Edwin, he sat in front of him on sajadah “Edwin, I’m really sorry for my friends’ behavior to your aunt, and I’m sorry if you think I mocked your aunt too.”
Edwin replied “No, you didn’t.”
“Jordan, at least you can tell me if it’s wrong, you said ‘you don’t know what her life is like.’, so I would like to know your life before coming here.”
Edwin recounted “Last December, my parents were killed in Islamophobic violence in Amsterdam, I don’t know what went wrong with Islam there, in my neighborhood, most of the neighbors want us to move away from the neighborhood, but they attacked us, I ran away before they had found me, I ran away to my aunt, who informed me that my parents got killed…” Edwin started crying “I’m sorry, I’m not supposed to cry. But I felt guilty not seeing them really proud of me, I just want to make myself and them happy and proud to be Muslim no matter what job we’ve taken, except the jobs which are forbidden in Islam. Everyday I pray, I read Quran for guidance, and I train for my life.”
Jordan told his story “I lost my dad before the end of the semester, he could be said he was the troubled person, after my parents divorced, his company failed, he was depressed, we ended up with many debts, he get addicted to drugs, so I came here without paying the school tuition. I tried to get my dad into the rehab, but he killed himself, he died from drug overdose. I hadn’t said sorry to my dad if I did wrong to him.”
Edwin commented “We got something in common, mate, we lost our parents.”
Jordan said “Yeah, but I don’t know whether my mom is still alive, I haven’t got her update yet. Edwin, I must say that your aunt’s dish is beautifully cooked, it’s really tasty, and I’m impressed with her foods.”
Edwin told “Yeah, you better tell my aunt about that, by the way, her name is Amina, Amina Arkenbout.”
“I’ll remember that name, we better to say hi to her when we take our lunch.”
Edwin laughed “I think so.”
***
“I can’t believe he said that she is his aunt.” said Katie as she unlocked Room 233 door.
“I was shocked too.” Amber said while Katie opened the door, after that she was surprised “Oh my God!”
Both Amber and Katie saw Fearne standing in front of them next to the beds, Fearne greeted “Amber, Katie, hi.”
Katie happily replied “Fearne, you’re back!!” She ran into her and hugged her “I’m glad you’re back.”
Amber asked after she closed the door “How’s your pregnancy?”
“I got used to it, my baby bump gets bigger.” Fearne touched her baby bump.
Katie happily shouted “You’re back with your baby bump!”
Fearne happily announced “I’m not giving up!”
“Yay!” shouted Katie and Amber.
Katie then stopped “Wait, I felt bad for the boy’s aunt who were really brave to tell us.”
Amber said “Me too, it’s not really me.”
Fearne asked “What’s the matter?”
“We mocked the lunch lady, we got to apologize not only to her, but also to the boy.” Katie said “We better call Will and Oliver.”
***
Ally asked Shawn as the party guests continued partying “Shawn, I need your advice.”
“Excuse me?”
“I need your advice how to become a famous singer like you?”
Shawn gave her advice “I got one advice, just be who you are, people want to see your personality on your songs, people would love to find your signature characteristics on your songs, just don’t copy like other singers like Lady Gaga, Beyonce or Mariah Carey. You can be just yourself.” Then his phone started ringing “Hold on a sec, I got a call.” He took the “phone” from his left pocket and put it on his right ear “Hello?” He didn’t realize that he had taken his black wallet.
“That’s not your phone, Shawn.”
Shawn took the “phone” back and he saw his wallet, he put his wallet back into his left pocket, he took his iPhone 5 from his left pocket, he saw on the screen that Casey was calling him, Shawn excused himself “Can you please leave me for a minute?”
Ally replied “Actually I have a meeting with Tim now, I got to go, bye!” She left the party.
Shawn answered the call “Yo, this is Shawn Roday!”
“Shawn, it’s me Casey Spencer, your roommate and your best mate.”
“How’s your script?”
“Too bad.”
“I’m so sorry…”
“But… I went back to Jakarta Arts, I met the founder, and… he said my script had been given a greenlit!” Casey happily announced.
Shawn congratulated “Wow, congratulations!!”
“But I really need your help with the casting.”
“Sure, I can, unless you owe me a thousand bucks.”
“What do you mean?”
“Pay me one million Dollar if you want me to help you!”
“Are you kidding me, Shawn?! I don’t have that money!”
Shawn laughed “Just kidding, I’m going to help you.”
“Oh c’mon!”
***
Jordan and Edwin arrived back at Asphalt Canteen, since the lunchtime had ended, most of the students had left the canteen. They could see Amina, Edwin’s aunt, cleaning the canteen, she was cleaning up the table next to the vending machine. They walked approaching her.
“Assalammualaikum, Aunt,” called Edwin.
Amina replied “Waalaikumsalam.”
“There’s someone who would like to meet you.”
Jordan introduced myself “I’m Jordan Ray, Mrs. Arkenbout, I’m his new roommate, and I should say that you’re beautiful with that hijab today.”
“Thank you very much, Jordan, I’ve never heard that compliment since I started working here.”
Jordan added “And by the way, are your noodles made by yourself?”
“Yes, I made it by myself from zero.”
Jordan complimented “Wow, your noodles are really great, I’ve never tasted those noodle that so delicious like that!”
Amina replied “Thank you, you’re really nice young man. I hope you be nice friend for Edwin.”
Edwin said “He’s already nice for me, aunt, by the way, we have to go. Bye, aunt, assalammualaikum.”
“Waalaikumsalam.” Amina replied with smile.
“I would love to sing my own song, but I hope you won’t laugh.” Edwin said to Jordan while leaving the canteen.
“I won’t.”
“I need a piano to play.”
“Yeah, it’s in the music class, c’mon, I’ll show you.”
***
In the music class, Delta was seen playing Moonlight Sonata on the piano, she beautifully played the piano, she had no mistake during the song. Jordan dan Edwin came knocking the music class door.
“Miss Delta,” called Jordan interrupting Delta’s performance.
Delta stopped playing piano “Jordan, Edwin, hi,”
Jordan asked “I would love to ask you if Edwin can use the piano? He wants to sing his own song.”
“Sure, I would love to hear your song, Edwin.”
Edwin said “Thanks, ma’am, I hope you won’t laugh.”
“Don’t worry, I won’t, but I’ll give you some advice afterwards.”
Edwin sat in front of the piano, he started playing his song beautifully, Jordan knew that he had memorized his own song. Edwin started singing “And I will make you proud. I’ll do anything and I mean it. Let me reach my whole damn dreams, which I know they are impossible to reach, because I just want to pay your kindness… I’ll do anything for you to make you proud, to make you proud, baby. I’ll really do anything for you to make you proud, to make you really proud of me.”
“Wow.” Jordan exclaimed.
“He’s great.” said Delta.
“Edwin!” called Will arrived at the music class with Oliver, Katie, Fearne and Amber, Jordan then told them to keep quiet during Edwin’s performance.
Edwin continued singing “I’ll do anything for you to make you proud, to make you proud, baby. I’ll really do anything for you to make you proud, to make you really proud of me… To make you proud, to make you proud… I don’t care if I fail, I don’t hear the “fail” word, all I know is the path to success, someday I will reach the success line…”
Katie said to Amber “He’s hot.”
Fearne said “I agree.”
Oliver took his phone, answering the call from Ally “Hi, sweetie, you better hear this.” He turned on his loudspeaker and pointed his phone to Edwin’s voice.
“I’ll really do anything for you to make you proud, to make you really proud of me. I’ll do anything for you to make you proud, to make you proud, baby.” Edwin continued singing.
Oliver turned off the loudspeaker and spoke again to Ally “He’s my new roommate.”
“He’s great.” Ally exclaimed.
“Yeah, Ally.”
Then everyone saw Edwin playing the last line on the piano before ending the song, then they gave ovation to him.
“Bravo!!” shouted Amber.
“Yeah!!” exclaimed Will.

“You’re amazing!!” cheered Katie.

Comments

Popular Posts