Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 3


Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains sexual references, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for young children.

On Sunday at 7:30 PM, Ally and her friends gathered in room 233 to find out whether Ally’s debut single charted on Indonesian official single chart, but first they got an email from both Freddie and Christian, who had left Jakarta Arts at the end of the semester. Oliver read the email using his phone in front of the others.
Oliver read “Dear my mates in Jakarta Arts, I’m really sorry I hadn’t told you that I was leaving Jakarta Arts. Too bad Jakarta Arts is not working for me, all I want to do is to be a rapper, all I want to do is to be internationally successful hip-hop artist. I’m dropping out because I want to pursue more hip-hop career, so I’m really sorry not to tell you from the beginning, so I wish you luck to all of you. We’ll meet again when we’re famous. –Freddie Horton.”
Fearne said “Too bad, but I wish him nothing but the best.”
“It’s a shame.” Amber told.
Oliver opened Christian’s mail “Now the mail from Christian.” He read the mail “Hello, mate, especially my roommates, Will, Oliver and Jordan, and the beautiful girls, Ally, Katie and Amber,”
Katie asked “He didn’t write Fearne name?”
Fearne replied “Probably he didn’t know that I’m going back to Jakarta Arts because I’m pregnant.”
Edwin was surprised “No way! But the rules…”
Ally told Edwin “Fearne is allowed to come back to this school after all, now she’s free to pursue her dreams.”
Will warned them “Guys, c’mon.” He told Oliver to continue reading Christian’s mail.
Oliver read the mail “First of all, thank you very much for accepting me as a friend, even though I was really emotional after finding out my parents are moving to London, they asked me to move with them, well I couldn’t say no, but I think I would get better opportunity there. It’s really hard to say goodbye in person, so I wrote you an email, it’s really not a proper goodbye, so I know. Once again thank you for the experience I’ve shared with you, guys. And for Fearne, if you didn’t move back to Jakarta Arts, you would’ve met me in London, but we can chat on Facebook, Yahoo! Messenger or LINE, I need your advice sometimes about your experience in London, and I hope your pregnancy goes well. For all of you, keep holding on your dreams, I believe you’ll be famous when we meet again. –Christian.”
Katie shouted happily to Fearne “He mentioned you, Fearne!”
Ally then shouted “Oliver, check the official single chart! We have to see if my single made the cut! C’mon, Oliver!”
Oliver browsed the Indonesian official charts website “Okay, hold on…”
“C’mon, we got to find out!” shouted Jordan.
Amber said “Ally’s debut single should be in the top 100! Or in the top 50 maybe!”
Will exclaimed “C’mon, hurry up!”
“Okay, I’m seeing the top ten.” Oliver browsed the chart from the top ten, then he browsed the top 50, later the top 100, he didn’t find Ally’s debut single on the chart.
“How?” asked Ally.
Oliver said “I’m so sorry, Ally, you didn’t make the cut.”
All of them were shocked after finding out that Ally’s new single wasn’t on the top 100 singles in Indonesia, Edwin shouted “What’s going on? What’s wrong with the official chart?”
Jordan continued “We saw your performance, we saw your promotions on TV shows!”
Katie exclaimed “You should’ve been in the chart, Ally!”
“Guys, guys!” called Amber “Hold on, maybe we need to wait until the public discover her beautiful voice on her song, so they can download it next week, but Ally needs some time.”
Ally replied “I’m okay, I’m okay with that, at least the public knows I’m good enough.”
Edwin told “You’re more than good, Ally, you’re beautiful! You’re excellent, Ally, I know! I know we like you, they like you, they like your song!”
Ally replied and smiled “Well, Edwin, it’s not about being famous, it’s about who I am, and it’s about who you are when you’re becoming really successful.”
“You’re right, Ally.” Oliver said.
***
In Casey’s room in the teacher’s office, he, Shawn and Alyson was watching the performance of each successful auditionees on his Sony Vaio laptop to determine the their fate on the musical.
Shawn said “She’s not good enough I think.”
Alyson replied “No, she’s good.”
Casey said “We will decide her fate later.” He then played Katie’s audition “Katie Nur Witoko.”
Alyson expressed “She really surprised me with her Pitch Perfect, her tap sounds also reminded me the cups on the movie and the music video of the song.”
Shawn said “She really amazed me, but I’m really worried that she’s too fat for the lead, that’s my biggest concern about her.”
Alyson slapped Shawn’s left shoulder “Don’t you ever dare bully her! She has that Pitch Perfect!”
“I’m not bullying her, I just expressed my opinion.”
“Jordan Ray and Edwin Arkenbout, Shawn and Alyson. I think Edwin would be fit into the male lead, he has that charisma and the handsome face.”
Alyson said “He’s hot enough to play the male lead.”
Shawn expressed “His voice is better than Jordan Ray, but I think Jordan could’ve done it better if he could control his pitch, but at least he can be one of the characters.”
“Next we have… Chloe and Lewbert, the rockstars.” Casey said.
Alyson expressed “I don’t think rockers would be fit into the leads, I’m really afraid if they will scream during their dialogue.”
“No, I think it would be better.” Shawn disagreed.
“No, it would be worse!”
Shawn expressed his reason “At least, they can express the message of the song, they sang really good.”
“But it’s not about singing, it’s about acting too, Shawn, I don’t see they want this, I don’t see they act.”
“For me, they act really well! I think they had done really great job singing the rock song.”
“Okay, next, Angie and Paul.” Casey then expressed “I can see their experiences, they acted like professional actors, I can see them on stage playing the leads.”
Shawn then said “But my biggest concern is their attitude, they looked really mean when I saw them in tbe canteen.”
“They only care about being famous, but being an actor and actress is more than that, it’s about expressing your feelings from the dialogue.” Alyson said.
Shawn disagreed “No, it’s not from the dialogue, it’s from how they express it.”
Casey said “I can see Angie and Paul playing the lead roles.”
Alyson expressed “I can see Katie and Edwin playing the leads.”
Shawn replied “And… I think Chloe and Lewbert should be the lead roles.”
“It’s really hard decision for me, and for both of you too, I don’t know, I like Edwin and Katie too.” Casey told.
“It’s really hard to let them go.” Alyson said “There’s still vacant role, isn’t it?”
“It should be are, we haven’t chosen the role for the actors yet.” Shawn answered “So why don’t we invite them back so we can decide who’s in and who’s out. Well, what’s the name of that?”
Casey replied “It’s callback, Shawn.”
“Okay, callback tomorrow, then I’m leaving to Juilliard.” Alyson announced the plan.
“We don’t want to push them too hard tonight, they need a rest, cause they need it.” Casey suggested.
“I agree with you.”
A sound was heard in front of them “No,” Then the man who wore black shirt and suit and black leather pants, Alyson recognized the black casual short straight wavy haired man.
Alyson shouted “KYAAAA!! You’re Todd Lawson from Lawless! You’re from Jakarta Arts too!”
Shawn was shocked “Todd, I thought you’re still in Malaysia.”
“Not anymore since my tour is over.”
Casey asked Todd “Todd, why did you say no?”
Todd suggested “Instead of tomorrow, why don’t you hold the callback tonight?”
“No, because they need a rest.”
“C’mon, Spencer, performers show their performance at night, you know that most singers, actors and dancers perform at night, so we should hold the callback at night.”
Shawn said “He’s right, Casey, we need to hold the callback tonight!”
Alyson stopped “But we haven’t prepared any songs for them yet!”
Todd told “No worries, I have the songs for them.”
***
Back to the dorm, at 7:58 PM, Edwin, Jordan and Oliver were walking around the dorm and talking about Freddie and Christian’s departure.
Jordan said “It’s too bad for Christian and Freddie, they feel this thing didn’t work out for them.”
Edwin asked “Wait, do you know where Freddie stayed in this dorm?”
“In room 536, we have never visited the room.”
Oliver cut “Except me, I entered his room to practice together, but I haven’t met his roommates.”
“Me neither.” Jordan continued.
“His former room is in the 5th floor, do you want to go there?” Oliver asked Edwin.
Edwin answered “Sure, I have never visited the top floors.”
Jordan said as they went upstairs through the stairs “Anyway, Christian thinks he has better opportunity when he moved to London, he can play West End, be a movie star or be a TV actor.”
“That’s really great for him.” Edwin told.
Oliver told Edwin as they went to the 5th floor through stairs “I promise when we become famous, we will meet him again, and you’ll see him face to face, I mean Freddie too.”
“Here’s the room.” Jordan showed the Room 536 door which located not far from the stairs “Freddie stayed here before he dropped out from Jakarta Arts.”
Then they hear someone singing from the stairs “You don't have to throw back your pretty pink lemonade shooter and lean a little closer, you don't have to keep on smiling that smile that's driving me wild and when the night is almost over. Meet me in the middle of a moonlit Chevy bench seat and do a little bit of country song, hanging on, you don't have to keep me falling like this, but it'd sure be cool if you did…”
Oliver, Jordan and Edwin saw the boy walking seeing them, while the boy also saw them.
The boy who had brown short hair wearing grey t-shirt, blue jacket and brown shorts greeted them “Hello, I’m sorry, if you’re looking for Freddie, he’s moving on from the school.”
“No, we’re not looking for him, um… one of Freddie’s roommate?” Oliver replied.
“I’m Chris, one of Freddie and Christian’s classmates, it’s nice to meet you, Oliver and Jordan.” Chris offered to shake hands with both Oliver and Jordan.
Jordan asked “We haven’t met you or his roommates yet, so how did you know…”
“He told many things about you, as well Will, Ally, Katie and Amber.” Chris answered.
“It’s nice to meet you, Chris.” Oliver shook hands with Chris, then Jordan also shooked hands with him.
Chris looked at Edwin “Wow, you’re their new roommate? What’s your name?”
“Edwin Arkenbout, I’m from Netherlands.”
“Oh, I saw your auditions with Jordan, I know you will be great if you get the lead role.”
“You also audition for the musical?” asked Edwin.
“Yeah, I just wanted to.” Chris answered.
Then the sound was heard from the speaker, later Casey’s voice was heard “For Edwin Arkenbout, Katie Nur Witoko, Angie Robertson, Paul Henley, Chloe AnnaSophia and Lewbert Lambert, please come to the auditorium immediately. I repeat, those names need to come to the auditorium immediately, thank you for your attention.”
Oliver asked “What’s that?”
Edwin replied “I don’t know, but… maybe it’s related with the musical.”
“Mate, you need to go immediately, c’mon! Go!” Jordan said “We’re counting on you!”
“Um…” Chris was confused.
“I mean… tell us about it!” said Jordan.
“Okay, mate!” Edwin ran leaving them.
Jordan asked Chris “One more thing, Chris, how was Freddie in your room?”
“He rarely with us.”
“Wow, same with us.” Oliver told.
***
Edwin, Katie, Angie, Paul, Chloe and Lewbert arrived at the stage in the auditorium waiting for Casey, Shawn and Alyson who had called them, however, it was Todd who showed up meeting them on stage in front of them.
“Oh my God, it’s Todd Lawson.” Katie whispered to Edwin “He’s the lead singer of Lawless!”
“I don’t know them, Katie, but I would love to see his band too, I’m looking forward for them.” Edwin replied.
Todd Lawson started speaking “Guys and girls, you must have wondered why you’re here, you auditioned for the lead roles, you have waited, but unfortunately Casey, Shawn and Alyson couldn’t decide which two of you get the roles yet, so they called you back here, they want to see your performance as a duo one more time.”
Angie raised his right hand “Excuse me, both Katie and Edwin auditioned solo, especially Edwin auditioned with Jordan.”
Paul said “That’s duo.”
“Whatever you said, Paul. Mr. Lawson…”
“No worries.” Todd continued “Because I will pair Katie and Edwin as a duo.”
“Fair enough.” Angie replied.
Chloe raised his right hand “Excuse me, we haven’t prepared the song yet! How we…”
Todd replied “I have chosen the song for each of you, guys, to be fair, I’ve chosen the songs from West End or Broadway musicals.”
Chloe said to Lewbert “Damn it!”
“Not our rock style.” Lewbert replied.
Todd announced the songs “Chloe and Lewbert, you will be singing Without Love from Hairspray, Casey said they like your rock style, but he would love to see your Broadway side. Angie and Paul, you get You’re The One That I Want from Grease, you guys seems experienced with this thing, but Casey wants to see you feel living up the song like the real couple. Last but not least, Katie and Edwin, Casey wants you to sing Tonight from West Side Story, he would love to see you performing together as the loving couple for the first time since he had seen your great auditions. Well, you have to practice the song before ten o’clock when we see your performance. Oh, that’s right, I’m your fourth judge too, I’ll see you guys later.” Todd then left the stage.
***
Angie and Paul found the song on the internet in Asphalt Canteen, they weared their headset connected to Paul’s Sony Vaio laptop, they played the song and started hearing it.
“C’mon, Glee has that song!” said Angie.
“We have to hear the original ones!” said Paul “This is expensive laptop and headset afterall, you will hear really clearly.”
“Okay, Paul! You sing the first line, then I sing mine, from ‘I got chill…’ That’s yours.”
Paul started singing as he repeated the song “I got chill…”
***
Katie and Edwin arrived at the dorm, as they entered, Edwin found the lyrics of the song on Katie’s Sony Xperia Tablet.
“Okay, I found it, West Side Story’s Tonight.” Edwin said, he read the lyrics “Tonight, tonight, it all began tonight, I saw you and the world went away. You’ll be singing the first two verses, then I sing, and we’ll sing together.”
“C’mon, we got to download the song!”
“I’m downloading it, Kate!” Edwin said.
They went into the stairs as Katie said “Hurry up before ten PM! By the way, Edwin, where we should practice? I feel bad if I have to practice in my or your room.”
“We should practice at my friends’ room.” Edwin suggested.
***
“UNO!!” shouted Chris put his UNO card in the middle, he was playing UNO with Oliver and Jordan, he had one card left in his hand, while Oliver and Jordan each had three cards “I choose blue.”
“Blue?” said Jordan “Damn it.” He took the card from the top of the deck “No.”
Oliver then put the red skip card on the middle “Sorry, mate.”
“That’s fine.” Chris’ turn was skipped by Oliver, he asked “Is it okay for you being out at night?”
Oliver answered “C’mon, mate, we’re not kids anymore, so 10 PM curfew is no longer valid for us.”
Chris replied “You’re right, actually, looks like we’re not gonna sleep after all.”
“Here you go!” Jordan put the wild “+4” card on the middle, making Oliver took four cards from the deck.
“Damn it!” Oliver exclaimed.
Then a Chinese-looked boy who had black short hair wearing the light blue and black square pattern shirt, blue jeans and blue sleeves black jacket entered the room bringing the groceries, he then noticed Oliver and Jordan with Chris.
Chris stood up as he greeted the boy “Oh, Remy, I forgot to introduce them, this is Oliver and Jordan, they are Christian and Freddie’s friends.”
Remy said “Whoa, Christian and Freddie told us about you two, you’re one of the top nine from the audition.”
Oliver said “We know that.”
“Where’s Will anyway?” asked Remy.
“He’s busy.” Jordan answered.
“I understand.” Remy put the groceries on the table, he introduced himself to Oliver and Jordan “I’m Remy, one of Freddie’s roommates.”
Oliver shooked Remy’s hand “It’s nice to meet you, Remy.”
Jordan shooked Remy’s hand as well “Freddie and Christian never told about you guys.”
“Excuse me!” greeted Edwin who was standing with Katie in front of the door arriving at the room.
Jordan asked “Edwin, that was quick.”
Katie asked “Can we stay here to practice our song?”
“Sure, come in, and we would like to help you.” Chris replied.
Remy recognized Katie as he greeted her “Katie, I saw your audition before the school, I’m Remy, I was Freddie’s roommate.”
“And I’m Chris.” Chris also greeted her “Your rendition of Cups is really Pitch Perfect!”
“Everyone, we need your help.” Katie replied.
***
Meanwhile, Delta and Jake were having their date in McDonald’s, Delta finished eating her rice and fried chicken, while Jake continued eating his Big Mac.
“Sorry to keep you waiting.” said Jake enjoying the Big Mac.
“That’s okay, I like the way you eat.”
Jake finished eating his Big Mac, he dipped the fries into his McFlurry “Try it.” He gave the McFlurry dipped fries to Delta.
Delta bit the fries “Wow, that’s really disgustingly tasty! Dating in the fast food restaurant feels so good with you.” She kissed Jake’s cheek.
“So, where are you going after this?”
“We better go back to Jakarta Arts, my old friend, Casey, who has just been hired, is also holding a callback audition for the musical, I would love to see the students performing, I think Katie would give her best shot in the callback.”
“Yeah, you better help me eating the fries too before we get going.”
***
West Side Story, huh?” repeated Chris.
“That must be the popular Broadway musical.” Oliver said “Casey actually chose really good song fit for you, especially for the musical.”
Katie replied “It wasn’t him, it was Todd Lawson.”
Chris got excited “Todd from Lawless? Wow! I really don’t expect that he likes Broadway too!”
Jordan said “He could’ve just loved once Casey needed his help.”
“Okay, play the music!” Katie shouted, then Remy played the song on her Xperia tablet, then she sang and read the lyrics “Tonight, tonight… It all began tonight… I saw you and the world…” Katie stopped singing as she felt her pitch wasn’t fit “Oh damn, my pitch!”
Edwin asked “What’s the matter?”
Remy stopped the song before asking “Kate, is something wrong?”
Katie replied “I… I… I felt my voice… I’m sorry, can we go ahead? Or Edwin, sing your line.”
Edwin sang “Today, all day I had the feeling… A miracle would happen… I saw you…” Edwin mistakenly sang before he swore “Damn it!”
Oliver asked “Have you heard the song yet?”
“No.” Both Katie and Edwin answered.
“That’s why you felt not confident enough.” Oliver told “Remy, we’re hearing the song!”
“Yes!” Remy played the song.
They started hearing the song, they felt the song was beautifully for Broadway, they could feel the Broadway side of the song.
“Listen carefully, Katie and Edwin.” Oliver told.
***
Angie and Paul sang their song “You're the one that I want! Ooo, oo, o! Honey! The one that I want! Ooo, oo, o! Honey!”
Paul stopped singing and told “Whoa, I think that’s cool enough.”
Angie told “Yeah, that’s better than the previous.” She commanded “From the top, Paul!”
Paul started singing “I got chills. They're multiplyin'.”
***
10:00 PM, Alyson and Casey walked on the stage to open the callback, probably to inspire the “couples”, including Chloe and Lewbert, Angie and Paul, and Katie and Edwin, as well as Shawn and Todd, who both sat in front of the stage.
“Okay, Casey and Alyson, inspire the ‘couples’ now!” shouted Shawn.
The band behind Casey and Alyson started playing the music as Oliver, Jordan, Chris and Remy came to the auditorium, they took their seats behind Todd and Shawn.
Shawn asked them “It’s ten PM, you guys are supposed to get some sleep!”
Todd told Shawn “Shawn, relax, they just want to watch the callback, it’s their practice to stay at late, it’s the part of being famous.”
“I understand.”
Casey called Alyson as his character on stage “Hey, Janet.”
“Yes, Brad?” Alyson held the pink flowers.
“I've got something to say.”
“Uh-huh?” Alyson nodded.
“I really loved the... Skillful way you beat the other girls to the bride's bouquet!”
“Uh! Oh, Brad…”
Casey started walking on stage and singing his line “The river was deep, but I swam it! The future is ours, so let's plan it! So please don't tell me to can it! I've one thing to say and that's… dammit, Janet, I love you...” Then he ran to the audience seats “The road was long but I ran it! There's a fire in my heart and you fan it! If there's one fool for you then I am it! I've one thing to say and that's… Dammit, Janet, I love you...” He ran back to the stage and took his ring from his pocket “Here's a ring to prove that I'm no joker… There's three ways that love can grow… That's good, bad, or mediocre…” Alyson then being leaped into his arms “Oh J-A-N-E-T, I love you so!” He touched Alyson’s ass.
“Holy shit!” exclaimed Shawn.
Alyson then sang as she held Casey’s hands “Oh, it's nicer than Betty Munroe had!” She took the ring, then she started dancing suggestively “Now we're engaged, and I'm so glad! That you've met Mum and you know Dad! I've one thing to say and that's… Brad I'm mad for you too...”
Shawn interrupted the performance “Okay, that’s it, you better not to inspire them with your sexually suggestive performance! Okay, that’s enough, guys! Thank you very much!”
“Oh, c’mon, Shawn!” shouted Alyson.
“How dare you interrupting our…” Casey shouted.
Todd reminded “Remember that song is from the sexually explicit musical film of all time, you better not to continue that, back to the judges’ table.”
Later Casey saw Delta and Jake arrived at the auditorium “Delta?”
“Seriously, Delta? Is it okay for you to stay until midnight?” asked Jake.
“C’mon, I’m a woman, not a girl anymore, sweetie.” Delta kissed Jake before taking their seats, but she was surprised when they sat next to Oliver “Oliver?”
Jake asked “What are you doing here at 10 PM?”
Oliver replied “I’m watching the callback.”
Jordan continued “We just want to support Katie! How about you?”
Delta answered “We just want to see the callback performance too, it’s not wrong to watch my old friend continues to search for the role of the musical.”
Casey then sat next to Shawn and looked at them “Guys, you’re not back at the dorm?”
Chris answered “Just want to watch.”
Alyson sat next to Todd as she saw Chloe’s friends, including Bianca arriving at the auditorium “Oh no! What the hell are you guys doing here this late?”
Everyone looked back, but Casey told the other judges “Guys, it’s okay, we can let them watching the show, I’ll handle this.” He stood up and told “Couples, please go to the backstage, we’ll call you to the stage to perform your best shot, thank you.”
The “couples” left the seats and walked to the backstage, but before that, Angie greeted Chloe “Hi, Chloe, I know your rock style audition was really awesome, you really rocked the judges. So, it would be hard between us, and I want to give kiss and hug to you and wish you nothing but the best.” Angie was about to hug her, but Chloe rejected.
Chloe then replied “Well, bitch, you can kiss and hug me later when I get the Claire Van Den Dungen role, as well as I defeat you.”
“What if the fat girl who gets the role?” asked Angie.
“No way! She’s fat, she’s not fit into the role.” Chloe answered.
Katie overheard the conversation, but Edwin told her “Don’t listen to them, we got to go to the backstage to prepare, c’mon!”
After the “couples” went to the backstage, Casey told the audience “Guys, no boos, just applause, understand? If you boo at one of the couples, you’re out!”
Shawn took his phone and checked the official single chart “Ally… where are you? Where is your song…”
Todd told Shawn “Focus, Shawn!”
“Okay, first couple, Chloe and Lewbert!” called Casey.
Chloe and Lewbert came to the stage, Chloe greeted them “We’re Chloe and Lewbert and we’re going to sing Without Love from Hairspray.”
Alyson commented to Todd “Excellent choice, Todd!”
Lewbert started singing his line “Once I was a selfish fool who never understood, I never looked inside myself though on the outside, I looked good! Then we met and you made me the man I am today. Tracy, I'm in love with you no matter what you weigh, ‘cause... Without love, life is like the seasons with no summer. Without love, life is rock 'n' roll without a drummer. Tracy, I'll be yours forever, 'cause I never wanna be without love. Tracy, never set me free! No, I ain't lyin'! Never set me free, Tracy! No, no, no!”
Shawn told Todd “They quickly grown.”
Alyson said “They left their rock roots.”
Casey and Todd was still watching closely the performance, they paid attention and focused on the performance, then Casey was alarmed.
“Darling, I'll be yours forever, 'cause I never wanna be without love. So darling, never set me free, I'm yours forever, never set me free! No, no, no!”
***
Angie and Paul started performing on the stage singing Grease’s You’re the One What I Want. Casey, Alyson, Shawn and Todd had anticipated their performance as  they were the most experienced yet.
Paul sang “I got chills… They're multiplyin'… And I'm losin' control… 'Cause the power you're supplyin', it's electrifyin'!”
Angie walked to Paul and sang “You better shape up, 'cause I need a man and my heart is set on you. You better shape up, you better understand to my heart I must be true…” Angie held Paul’s hands.
“Nothin' left… Nothin' left for me to do…” Paul sang.
They both started dancing and continued singing on stage as Alyson stood up and started dancing “You're the one that I want! Ooo, oo, o… Honey! The one that I want! Ooo, oo, o… Honey! The one that I want! Ooo, oo, o… The one I need… Oh, yes indeed… You're the one that I want!” They finished their performance by holding hands together on stage, then Paul kissed Angie’s lips.
The judges and the audience gave their applause, but the standing ovation only from Alyson.
Casey told them “Thank you very much.”
Shawn called “Last but not least, Katie and Edwin, come on up, please!”
“It’s Katie!” said Oliver to Jordan.
“And Edwin too.” Jordan added.
Jake said to Delta “It’s great that your class’ students got the callback, I’m waiting for the performance.”
“You’re excited for sure!” Delta kissed Jake.
Chris commented “Oh crap, another romantic couple here.”
Oliver told Chris “Hey, they’re dating each other, you know.”
“I didn’t know that.”
“Quiet!” Jordan told as Katie and Edwin walked to the stage.
Katie introduced herself “I’m Katie.”
Edwin continued “I’m Edwin, we’re going to sing Tonight from West Side Story.”
The band started the music, Katie sang beautifully in the right side of the stage as Edwin walked to the left side “Tonight, tonight… It all began tonight, I saw you and the world went away… Tonight, tonight… There's only you tonight, what you are, what you do, what you say…”
Edwin also sang beautifully “Today, all day I had the feeling, a miracle would happen, I know now I was right…”
They sang as the walked slowly to each other “For here you are and what was just a world is a star, tonight...” The performance seemed blown the judges and the audience already, they sang beautifully again as they moved back “Tonight, tonight… The world is full of light with suns and moons all over the place.” They walked to each other again “Tonight, tonight… The world is wild and bright, going mad, shooting sparks into space. Today, the world was just an address, a place for me to live in no better than all right…” Once they arrived in the middle of the stage, they held hands “But here you are… And what was just a world is a star, tonight…” Edwin touched Katie’s cheeks, so did Katie to Edwin “Good night, good night… sleep well and when you dream, dream of me… Tonight…” They walked back to their first position before leaving the stage.
“Bravo!!” Jordan gave them standing ovation.
“Yeah!!” Oliver also joined him, later Delta and Jake also gave them standing ovation, followed by Chris and Remy, then Casey, Alyson, Shawn and Todd gave them standing ovation as well, while Chloe’s best friends, including Bianca were shocked by the performance.
“OMG!” shouted Bianca, she also stopped one of her friends from giving standing applause.
Casey then called “All couples, please come back to the stage.”
The two other “couples” walked back to the stage, they nervously looked at the judges and the audience.
Shawn told “First of all, you performed really well, you have given the best performance we had ever seen from you, however, this is the callback, only one of you will be given the female lead and the male lead.”
Alyson continued “You’re all the lead for me, you’re all the winners, however, whatever you get the role, I hope you learn from your experience performing the callback performance to us and to the audience as well.”
Todd said “Some of you were nailed it, but some of you flopped.”
Casey then added “Guys, for me, you had done your best, make it as your experience for the auditioning for the musical whatever it is on Broadway, West End, or even you’re auditioning for the movie as well. Thank you so much for coming, me and the judges will be discussing, so get some sleep, I’ll post the cast list tomorrow afterschool in Jakarta Arts Square. Good luck to all of you.”
The “couples” walked away from the stage and later from the auditorium as well.
Todd also added “Audience, thanks so much for watching, we hope you get your inspiration for casting and callback, but it’s time for you to leave too, we need to discuss the role privately.”
Shawn thanked “Thank you so much for being here.”
Then the audience members finally walked away from the auditorium, later Jordan, Oliver, Chris and Remy greeted Katie and Edwin in front of the auditorium.
“That’s the lead actor and actress!” cheered Jordan as he and Oliver hugged both Katie and Edwin.
“Whoa! Thanks, mate!” Edwin shouted.
“I can’t believe we had done such a great performance!” Katie remarked.
Oliver reminded “It’s not great, but it was more than perfect!”
Chris said “He’s right, I hope you both get the leads!”
Delta and Jake then greeted them, Delta happily cheered “That’s my students from my class!” She hugged both Katie and Edwin “You guys are really awesome there!”
Jake added “You did such a excellent performance, you two! She can’t more than proud of you both!”
Oliver said “Okay, guys, we hope you get the role!”
Everybody shouted “Yeah!!”
Jake looked at his watch “It’s 10:25 PM already, why don’t you guys get some sleep, you got classes tomorrow morning.”
Delta said “I wish you nothing but the best, Edwin and Katie.”
“Thanks!” Edwin cheered.
“We got to go, we’ll see you guys later!” Delta said goodbye to them, then she walked leaving them with Jake.
Chris asked “Why don’t we go back to the dorm too to get some sleep.”
“I agree with that!” Oliver said.
***
Back at the auditorium, Casey finished discussing with Shawn, Alyson and Todd concerning about the musical roles, he had made his final decision as Shawn, Alyson and Todd were about to leave.
“Thank you very much for helping me, especially three of you were really amazing judges.” Casey thanked.
“You’re welcome, mate! Let me know the progress of the musical!” Shawn gave Casey a fist bump.
“Thank God, it was really amazing, at least I can go back to New York tomorrow.” Alyson reminded “Just wish me luck there!”
Casey then said “Um… I couldn’t have done this without you guys, thank you.”
Todd replied “No, no, we should thank you for showing us the current Jakarta Arts students, they’re really awesome, mate.”
“Okay, thanks for stopping by, thank you so much.” Casey said.
Alyson, Shawn and Todd walked leaving the auditorium with Shawn said “Remind us if you need more help!”

After the door closed, Casey walked bringing his things before he had left the auditorium.

Comments

Popular Posts