Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 14

Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains some coarse language, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for young children.
April 11, 2014, 5:55 PM, most Jakarta Arts students arrived at Jakarta Arts Theatre to watch the most anticipated school producted musical, Flop Love, despite being critically panned by critics during the spring break previews. The audience was not only from Jakarta Arts students, but also some alumni, including Shawn, Todd, Justin, Henry, Amanda, Amirah, Esmeralda, Alyson, Miranda, Lauren Madison, and Sharon Morr, as well as some critics who came back to watch the show. But Shawn, Todd, and Alyson had VIP access because they were the judges for the casting, so they went to the backstage, seeing the cast and crew preparing for the opening night. From costume, lighting, to props, they seemed did well.
Casey called the cast and crew “Everyone, gather round! Gather round, everyone!” After they gathered, Casey reintroduced the casting judges “Guys, these are the judges for the casting, Alyson Cage from The Sundays, Todd Lawson from Lawless, and last but not the least, Shawn Roday ‘the clumsy’.”
Shawn complained “Are you kidding me?!”
Alyson said “Congratulations for making this far, guys, I’m really proud of all of you.”
Todd continued “Now it’s time for you to shine, be free, don’t depend on perfection, it’s all about you.”
Shawn continued “I hope your work hard paid off in this musical, I can’t wait to see you perform and act.”
Alyson advised “Remember, this is your show, my advice, you guys need to feel it like you perform for the last time in Jakarta Arts, or maybe this is your first time at the musical!”
Todd also said “This is your unforgettable moment, guys, so don’t disappoint the audience again like in the previews.”
“We’re also here to help you, but with the special guest.” Shawn said.
“Come out, girl!” shouted Alyson.
Miranda entered the backstage, most of the cast and crew cheered her, she introduced herself “Hi, guys, I’m Miranda Shay, as you know, same with Alyson, I’m one of the five members of The Sundays. Along with Amanda, Esmeralda, and Amirah, I’m also here to watch you guys perform, but I’m also giving you some advice if you want to.”
Casey said “Guys, it’s almost 6 PM, you need to hustle! Go, go, go!!” Then everyone continued preparing for the opening night of Flop Love, however, Casey asked Jordan “Jordan, where are Chris and Remy? I thought they’re here already.”
“I have no idea, sir.” Jordan said, then he got a text from Remy “Sir, Remy is in the national, he says it clashes with the opening night.”
“I knew it.” said Casey “He had told me before, okay, we better replace them.”
“I’m sorry, sir?”
“Jordan, the nationals clashes with the opening night, they can’t be here, so I want one of you to replace them.”
“But…”
“No buts! It’s 6 PM already, we’re 30 minutes away from the show!”
“Yes, sir!” Jordan then walked away to see Edwin.
Edwin asked as he dressed up as Mark Kane “Hey, what’s going on?”
Jordan replied “Chris and Remy are going to the nationals, so they can’t be here.”
“What?”
Cut to Fearne, who stared at Miranda talking to Alyson, she cheered quietly, she whispered in cheers “Miranda, come here, come here!” She gave the gesture to Miranda, who noticed her.
“Me?” asked Miranda.
“Yes, you.”
Miranda finally approached Fearne before finally greeting her “Hey, what’s your name?”
“I’m Fearne Mills, I’m acting as Lola Van Den Dungen, Claire Van Den Dungen’s sister. I really need your advice, KYAAA!!!”
Miranda noticed Fearne’s baby bump “Wow, are you really pregnant? Is there a rule that forbid you being married and pregnant?”
“I was expelled, but I came back. It’s alright for me to be pregnant.”
“Wow, have you checked the gender yet?”
“It’s a girl.”
“KYAAAA!!! It’s a girl!!”
“Miranda, is there any advice you want to say to me?”
Miranda gave the advice “I was really nervous when I’m about to perform with The Sundays, but you have to let go the feeling and be free, don’t let that feeling let you down, just have fun there on stage, baby!”
Fearne cheered “Thank you very much, I love you, Miranda Shay, and I love The Sundays too!”
“You’re welcome.” Miranda hugged Fearne.
While Ashlee and Sophia were putting their make-up on, Sophia said cynically “Seriously, they’re here just to greet us and give some advice?”
“Probably they just want to say good luck to all of us.” Ashlee said.
“I heard you, guys.” Todd said.
Edwin then noticed Katie was missing “Katie? Katie?”
Jordan said “I better call Chris.”
***
While in the audience seats, most of the Jakarta Arts alumni and the critics sat down in the front rows, while the rest, Jakarta Arts students and teachers and guests alike, sat behind them, including Ally, Oliver, Will, Delta, Jake, and most of the cast and crew’s parents. In fact, Jakarta Arts Theatre consisted of 6000 seats.
Ally said to Oliver, who was sat next to her “Oh God, I can’t wait to see the musical, I want to see how hard Katie, Jordan, Edwin, Chris, and Remy have done!”
Oliver said “Yeah, me too.”
Will, who sat next to Oliver, told “We’re going to watch the musical, I heard that the musical was critically panned.”
“Seriously?” asked Ally.
“It was, but I hope this time, the opening night, improves from the previews.”
“Yeah.” Oliver said.
While Delta and Jake, who coincidentally sat next to each other, had not spoken by the time they sat down.
***
Senayan Swimming Stadium, Chris and Remy had arrived there at 6:04 PM, they immediately saw fellow swimmers who were also competing on the nationals, as well as the audience on the seats.
“Finally we’re here! It’s nationals, baby!” shouted Remy “Oh, crap, it’s delayed again! Damn it! 6:50 PM!”
“Crap!” Chris got a call from Jordan “Yeah, Jordan? We’re going there really late, seriously, just wait for us.”
“Who’s that?”
“It’s Jordan, crap, we’re gonna be late, we’re not gonna make it into…”
“Chris, calm down, after this ends, we’re leaving immediately, okay?”
***
“Where the hell is Katie?” asked Edwin trying to find Katie “Chloe?”
Chloe replied “I have no idea.”
“Katie!” called Edwin.
While Casey talked to Shawn and Todd “Guys, Chris and Remy are not making it, I want you both replace them!”
Shawn complained “Seriously, Spencer?! We have no idea what line!”
Todd said “Have you even read the script before auditioning?”
“I have no script!”
Casey said “Oh, Shawn, I had sent you the script at your home.”
“I think I remember…” Shawn recalled:
Back to the past, Shawn got many fan mails, and he thought fan mails were pointless, so he put into the warehouse, he even accidently put mail from Casey without even looking.
“What?!” shouted both Casey and Todd.
“Okay, I’m clumsy, that’s my character! But hell yes, just let me replace Chris’ role! Give me the script!” Casey took the “script” from Todd.
“Shawn…” called Todd.
“Shut up, Lawless vocalist, I’m trying to learn the lines!”
“Shawn, that’s my songs for the next album!”
Shawn then noticed that he once again mistakenly took something “Oh crap, where the hell is the script?” He walked away.
While Jordan got Remy’s text, he approached both Casey and Todd “Mr. Spencer! Mr. Spencer! Chris and Remy will be late here, they will be here soon.”
“Okay, if they don’t come before the second act, Shawn and Todd will replace them permanently.” Casey told.
“But…”
“No buts! It’s 6:25 PM! Oh no, where’s Katie!”
***
“Katie?” Edwin ran to the bathroom whether Katie was there, he heard Katie’s voice trying to vomit in the ladies’ room “Katie!” He entered the ladies’ room, despite being male. He found Katie was trying to vomit to the toilet “Katie!”
Katie was surprised “You shouldn’t be here.”
“Katie, you don’t have to try vomitting, it’s not good for you. Tell me what happened?”
Katie told “Chloe said I have to vomit as many as I can in order to be skinny and healthy, she describe me being fat is the cause the musical is panned. So she said, I have to eat much, then I must vomit to the toilet really much to be skinny and healthy enough, and I… I…” Katie started crying.
Edwin touched Katie’s cheeks “Katie, look at me, I know you’re looked fat, but that doesn’t mean that it was the cause our musical failed during the previews, you looked good the way you are. I know you look pretty as Claire Van Den Dungen, I’m Mark Kane, and it seems, we’re match. You’re beautiful, really, I mean, the audience will know you’re beautiful the way you are.” Then he kissed Katie’s lips.
Afterward, Katie was concerned “Edwin, does Islam allow kissing on lips for real?”
“I just want to. Let’s go, it’s showtime!” Edwin took Katie’s hand before going back to the backstage.
***
The clock showed 6:29 PM, and the audience eagerly couldn’t wait for the opening night, but first, Adam Henderson, the principal of Jakarta Arts came to the stage only to give his speech to open the show.
Adam Henderson speeched “Good evening, everyone. All teachers and staffs of Jakarta Arts, all students of Jakarta Arts, all the critics, and the last but not the least, the parents of the cast and crew of this show, as well as the guests who also have come here. Thank you for being here. We have to thank God for letting us to gather here, in the most prestigious school theatre, that consists of 6000 seats, Jakarta Arts Theatre, for watching the opening night of the most anticipated show of the semester, the musical made by one of our teachers, Flop Love. Teachers and staffs, students, parents, critics, the invited guests, and most importantly cast and crew, I have to thank all of you for coming to watch the most epic school musical of the year, Flop Love in Jakarta Arts Theatre. For the cast and crew that I love the most, time after time, you’ve been working hard for this epic musical, happy and sad, in the end, you’ll be performing this musical really hard and we expect really high…”
At the backstage, both Katie and Edwin finally arrived, Casey said “There you are! Katie, just go immediately, the musical starts! Angie, Sophia, Ashlee, and Clara, you too!”
“Yes, sir!” shouted Katie.
“Katie.” called Casey.
“Yes?”
“This is your show, you’ve been working hard so much, just don’t disappoint me.”
“Okay, sir!”
“Well, good luck to the cast and crew of Flop Love. Audience, please enjoy the show. Thank you.” After he finished his speech, he left as everyone gave him applause. Then the curtain opened, there were Katie, Angie, Sophia, Ashlee, and Clara on stage.
“Whoa, it’s Katie!” shouted Delta.
“Katie looks great!” shouted Ally.
“She’s better than ever!” shouted Oliver.
On stage, Katie as Claire cheered “Hey, girls!”
Sophia as Susan replied “Looks like the girl who is always happy arrives to see us.”
Clara as Emily said “You seems really happy, Claire.”
Katie happily cheered “My love life with Trev is getting better!” Then the backup dancers came into the stage.
“Perfect timing!” shouted Casey.
Then the music started as the backup dancer danced, Katie sang “I have my own fairytale love story that every girl always dreams about. I will have my own fairytale ending when we get married. I believe I fell in love with the right charming guy, I mean it, girls, I’m having the happiest love life ever. The fairytale love life, hey girls, you have to believe it, ‘cause I will tell you my own fairytale love. My love is like a fairytale, I’m dating a beautiful and charming prince, I’m the princess who fell in love with the prince, and I felt we’re closer to our fairytale ending, where we finally get married…”
Will commented “You know what, she kills it!”
Delta praised Katie “You go, girl!”
Katie sang again “Some people said that they didn’t believe in fairytale love, some said that love sometimes short-lived. But I believe in fairytale love, I mean it, girls, I’m having the happiest fairytale. Hey girls, you have to believe it, ‘cause I will tell you my own fairytale love. My love is like a fairytale, I’m dating a beautiful and charming prince, I’m the princess who fell in love with the prince, and I felt we’re closer to our fairytale ending, where we finally get married. “Friday night, he asked to dance with me, Saturday night, he asked me to watch the fanciest show, Sunday night, we’re kissing in the bridge, just in time to see the stars and moon… My love is like a fairytale, I’m dating a beautiful and charming prince, I’m the princess who fell in love with the prince, and I felt we’re closer to our fairytale ending… My love is like a fairytale, I’m dating a beautiful and charming prince, I’m the princess who fell in love with the prince, and I felt we’re closer to our fairytale ending, where we finally get married.”
“Wow!” shouted Edwin at the backstage.
***
The scene was changed into Van Den Dungen’s family room, where Fearne as Lola sang On the Wings of Love I’m taking a flight to the sky, I’m seeing the love-shaped cloud, I can really feel the love is closer to me. Destination… The man who can feel my heart, I can really feel his love, and he can do the same, we’ll meet together in my destination… I’m on the wings of love, I’m on the flight of love, I’m flying to see your face, I can’t wait to land to your heart, I can’t wait to grab your love, so I finally can take you as my love in the wings of love. I can’t wait to land inside your heart, so I can really feel your real love, what a nice feeling, I can feel the true love, I can feel the connection between both of us, So I could say… I’m on the wings of love, I’m on the flight of love, I’m flying to see your face, I can’t wait to land to your heart, I can’t wait to grab your love, so I finally can take you as my love.” She rapped “What should I say when I see you in my destination? What should I say when I meet you? What should I say? Ooooooh… Oooh…” Her rap surprised most of the audience.
“Wow!” shouted Jake.
“Fearne?!” shouted Ally “She’s epic!”
Miranda said to Alyson “I think she’s really epic, especially her raps.”
Fearne sang the last chorus “I’m on the wings of love, I’m on the flight of love, I’m flying to see your face, I can’t wait to land to your heart, I can’t wait to grab your love, so I finally can take you as my love in the wings of love…”
While on the audience seats, Miranda said to Alyson “She must’ve listened to my advice.”
“What did you give?”
“Secret.”
***
Remy, who was shirtless and only wearing googles on his head and black watershort, said to Chris “So, after this, should we go back?”
“I don’t know, mate, have you told the committees?”
“Not yet, but I’ll ask them if I can leave immediately after this. Man, there’s 30 swimmers, maybe after the finals, we’ll go there immediately.”
“Oh, they’re calling you.” Chris then hugged Remy “Good luck, if you’re going to the finals, we’ll leave immediately.”
“Yeah, bro.” Remy leave Chris.
Chris immediately walked to the audience seats sitting there, while Remy, along with another 9 swimmers who was called first, immediately stood up in the left edge of the swimming pool. As the whistle blew, the swimmers jumped into the swimming pool. Remy swam freestyle really fast.
“Go, Remy!! Go!! C’mon!!!” sbouted Chris excited “Yeah, keep like that, mate!!”
Remy immediately turned around after he reached the right edge of the swimming pool, he swam back to the left edge, he was really fast, while the others tried to catch up. However, he swam really fast until he finished first. The audience cheered and gave applause to all swimmers.
“Yeah!!” shouted Chris.
Remy got out of the swimming pool “Am I the first? Holy crap, I can’t believe it!”
***
“What?! You’re not watching?!” shouted Paul “But mom, you’ve promised to watch the musical! Why the hell you’re so busy, Mom?! That’s the same reason why you’ve never been with me when I got something to show you!” He hung up the phone.
Angie then came praising her boyfriend “Whoa, cute costume.”
“You’re up, Paul!” shouted Casey.
“We’re gonna kiss like romantic couple!”
“For real, baby!”
Meanwhile, on stage, Sophia and Clara once again showed their another quality of acting as they sat down on the bench, the props showed that the scene was set in the park with lots of people just hanging out, including Paul as Trev who had just come to the stage waiting for someone.
Sophia asked as Susan “It’s Trev, isn’t he?”
Clara replied as Emily “He is, obviously. Looks like he’s cancelling the date with Claire.”
Casey told them “C’mon, girls, expressions!”
Angie came to the stage as Melissa and greeted Paul, much to both Sophia and Clara’s surprise.
“Melissa? What the hell is she doing with that guy?” shouted Sophia.
“Seriously??” Clara shouted before most of the park visitors left, afterward, both Angie and Paul kissed romantically, much to their surprise.
Both Sophia and Clara stood up and screamed “That’s Trev! He’s kissing Melissa!!”
Most of the audience were surprised, including Ally, Oliver, Will, Delta, and Jake.
Jake said to Delta “They’re convinceable.”
Delta said “But I think Sophia is really too much for me.” Then both of them realized that they were talking to each other.
“Delta?”
“Jake?”
“Well, this is awkward, isn’t it?”
“No.”
“How about your relationship with Casey?”
“I’ve never had a second one with him.” Then she saw Katie on stage “Oh, it’s Katie!”
Back to the stage, Katie was seen shocked as her character after being told that Trev had kissed Melissa “What…?”
“Claire, are you okay?” asked Clara.
Sophia said “Oh no, we better go, Claire. We’ll see you later. C’mon, Emily.”
“But…” said Clara being taken by Sophia leaving the stage.
“She needs more time to accept this.”
After both Clara and Sophia left, Katie cried “Why? Why? Whyyy?? Oh no… Oh no… Oh no…” She starred to the sky “I can’t believe it… my heart feels like… I… I can’t breathe…” Then she cried again before the curtain got closed.
At the backstage, Angie was shocked when she realized that Chris and Remy couldn’t come to the opening night, their roles were replaced by Shawn and Todd, this was also much to her happiness “Chris and Remy couldn’t come?” She asked to Paul.
Paul replied “They had national swimming championship.”
“But Chris…”
“Hell yeah, we’re going tell him so Chris could get punishment.”
Sophia then confronted them after getting out of the stage “I think not! Chris and Remy will get here as soon as they can! But I won’t let you tell Mr. Spencer that Chris is skipping this event! Chris is loyal to Remy, they’re best friends!”
Paul then replied “Huh? You’ve changed a lot since the detention. You’re supposed to be against them, you Asian bitch!”
“I’m not like you, you both struggling little whores!”
“You know, I’m leaving.” said Angie leaving both Paul and Sophia.
***
Chris and Remy both watched the last group of 30 swimmers swimming in the pool, most of the audience were really cheering on their favorites. Remy was shocked when the swimmer who finished first had really fast swimming skills.
“Oh crap.” Remy said “I think he’s faster than me.”
Chris said “Really?”
“Oh, the final ten!” Remy looked at the screen.
“Final ten? There’s more?”
“Those final ten will be competing once more to get the championship title in the finals, Chris. So I have to swim once more to win the nationals and make Jakarta Arts proud.”
“Then we’re going back to Jakarta Arts immediately after this.”
“I hope there’s not another traffic jam, mate.”
“Looks like not.” Chris looked at the screen “Oh, man! You’re in number 8? No way! But you were the first in…”
“Anything could happen, Chris. Even though, I’m the first in the first group, I could be eliminated if there are faster swimmers than me in the next two group, it could be ten.” Remy stood up “I have to go, Chris, time to prepare for the finals!”
“Remy!” Chris hugged Remy before leaving back to the bench “Good luck, mate.”
“Thanks, mate!”
***
Katie sang in Claire’s bedroom set on stage “Some believe fairytale love exists in real life, I used to believe the fairytale love exists, but I realized it the love is not always true, I thought I’m having a fairytale story, but it turns out to be a real-life nightmare, so I can’t feel the fairytale ending anymore, ‘cause this is not my fairytale.”
“Casey!!” called Shawn at the backstage showing his unfit costume, he complained “This is not fit for me! Please just let me put on my own shirt.”
Casey replied “That’s the costume you have to wear, Spencer, there’s no time to change your costume, mate!”
Todd then complained as well “Casey, this costume is too tight! I hate tight clothes!”
“Mate, Chris and Remy are not coming here! So you both need to replace them!” shouted Casey “Oh, crap, I have to call Chris if they can make it into the part 2.” He took his phone to call Chris.
Meanwhile on the audience seats, Miranda spoke to Alyson “Wow, is she…”
“Yeah, she reminds me about her audition, that girl is stunningly pitch perfect!”
While Ally talked to both Will and Oliver “I think Katie has grown up a lot, she grown up into an artist.”
“For me, she’s still Katie.” Will commented.
“I can see Katie performing in Broadway or maybe West End.” Oliver said.
“Mr. Spencer must’ve helped her.”
Ally said “He did.”
Katie then sang louder “I’m going on an adventure to find my real charming prince. The prince who is always faithful in the love will make my happy ending, so I’m leaving this big rich life. That was plagued by the awful ending, so long, big rich life. Because I’m going to be movin’ on…” As the curtain got closed, most of the audience gave her applause.
***
Chris was at the audience seats watching Remy competing in the finals for the championship title, he looked really excited to see if Remy really won and made Jakarta Arts really proud. But… he took his phone, he got a call from Casey.
Chris replied the call “Casey?”
“Chris, are you two still in the nationals?” asked Casey “I know you both want to perform, so you need to come before the part two even started.”
“Casey, who replaced us in the first part?” asked Chris.
“Well, Shawn and Todd replaced for you both, but if you come, you’re going in, don’t worry, as soon as you finish with the nationals, come back immediately.”
“Yes, sir.” Chris said “And… say thanks to both Shawn and Todd. And…”
“Is something wrong?” asked Casey.
Chris revealed “Casey, I’ve changed a lot since you asked me for audition for the role, I’ve met many new friends, I’ve been learning to be myself, and… you’re like my father.”
“Thank you, mate. You’re the first one to say that. Chris, you’re like my son even though I’m still young. Don’t forget to come, don’t be late.”
“I won’t.” Chris ended the call before the swimming race began.
The final ten swimmers jumped into the swimming pool competitively, Remy immediately swam so fast, however he wasn’t in the lead, instead, he was the 7th place since the start.
“Remy!! C’mon!! You can do it!!” cheered Chris “C’mon!! Be the champion!!”
Remy soon listened to Chris’ cheers despite being too far, he immediately fasten his speed as he turned back when he touched the right edge of the pool, he immediately took the 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd place, however, the first place swimmer finished first, followed by Remy who finished second.
“Oh man!” shouted Chris shocked “You’re the second!” Chris soon left the bench to see Remy near the pool.
Remy got out from the swimming pool and he immediately met Chris “I’m the second.”
“That’s too bad, mate, you’ve done the best.”
Remy got happier “Actually I’m really happy even though I’m not the national champion, I’m the first from Jakarta Arts to make into the national in sports championship, I’m really proud of it! It’s okay not being the first, maybe next year I’m holding the championship title.”
Chris hugged Remy “I’m really proud of you. Now get dressed up, we’re going back.”
“Oh, now?”
“Yeah, what are you waiting for?” asked Chris.
“You’re right, let’s go!”
***
Back to Jakarta Arts Theatre, on stage, both Edwin and Katie accidently held their hand as their characters, then the music started, Edwin started singing “I accidently touched your hand. Oh girl, you looked beautiful. I can feel your smooth hand, girl. Make me see you for the first time. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight.”
Katie sang “I touched your charming hand. You seem like the prince charming Who are you? Are you really the one? The guy whom I’m searching for…” Then Edwin joined her “Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight. I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.”
Edwin sang “I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight, I fell in love on the first sight!” He then touched Katie’s right hand “Can you please say your name, girl?”
Katie replied “After that, you can say your name, lad.”
Both sang “Oooh… Oooh… Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.  I see your really wonderful face, I can see you’re making my heart beat. Oooh… Oooh… I fell in love on the first sight.”
Edwin ended the song “First sight.”
Shawn, on the backstage, once again complained to Casey “Spencer, where the hell are they?! I’m not comfortable with this costume!!”
Casey said “Calm down, Shawn, they’re on the way here, you can go back to your seat during the part two.”
“But how long I need to wait?!”
Todd also complained “I’m really not comfortable when the audience laughed at me, and neither is Shawn!”
Sophia then came saying “They like you, so they’re laughing at you, gentlemen. Your performance is hilarious.” She chuckled.
“Oh, c’mon, we’re showing dramatic instead of comedic!” shouted Todd.
“You better stop complaining before they laugh at you more.” Sophia said before leaving.
“Where the hell are they?!” shouted both Shawn and Todd.
***
At 7:27 PM, on stage it was set in a fancy restaurant, Katie and Edwin finally sang Writing This Fairytale Love with the backup dancers dancing accompanied them.
Casey commented to Shawn “To be honest, I like this song.”
Shawn complained once more “C’mon, at least let me take off this costume!!”
Chris and Remy finally arrived backstage, then Shawn greeted them rudely “Oh, there you are, swimmer champion! You made me wearing this foolish costume, you son of the bitch!” He stormed off.
“What the hell happened to them?” asked Chris to Remy.
“Chris! Remy!” greeted Casey “Thank God you came!”
Chris and Remy saw Edwin on stage receiving applause, Remy asked “Is…”
Casey cut “C’mon, change your costume, you’re going on the second part!”
***
At 7:58, before the second part started, Ally commented to Will and Oliver “This musical is getting better and better for me.”
“At least it’s better than the previews, we gave them applause, didn’t we?” asked Will.
“Everyone is giving applause after every single song. Mr. Spencer is a smart screenwriter and songwriter too.” Oliver said.
“But hold on, where’s Chris?” asked Ally.
“And where’s Remy?” asked Oliver.
“No idea.” Will replied.
“Oh, it’s Paul!” shouted Ally.
Paul arrived at the stage wearing costume which described him as a rich man, he sang “Big rich! Big rich! Big rich! Big rich! I’m livin’ this big rich life! I have really lots of money, I can buy anything I want, I can have a big rich party, and even spend my money too much. I don’t really care how much money I spent, how much money I spent. ‘Cause I got too much money to spend in this big rich life, in this big rich life! Big rich! Big rich! Big rich! Big rich! I’m livin’ this big rich life!”
Sophia seemed really enjoyed Paul’s performance “He sings great right now.”
Katie replied “Oh, is the part 2 started already?”
“Yes, really is!” shouted Sophia “I’m so sorry, Katie.”
“That’s fine.” Katie told.
***
8:15 PM, Chris and Remy was seen on stage playing their original characters as if they were fighting each other.
“This crap won’t help you, mate!” shouted Remy.
“I don’t care! I just want to live how I want! And this is what I want! Now get out! You’re not my friend anymore!!” yelled Chris.
Remy yelled back “Fine! You’re not my friend neither!” After Chris had walked away, he sang “I know what you’re doing, I know what you’re really doing now. I don’t know why you’re doing that, that thing is being done by you. I know you’re doing something you don’t know, you don’t really know the purpose, or maybe I’m just wrong. You better realize what the hell you’re doing, you better stop until it changed you. Don’t listen to the person who ask you for doing something that you’re going ended up in a wrong way, something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you. Something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you to the wrong way. You’re doing something wrong, maybe by someone. You better stop or you’ll get what you don’t want. I know you’re doing something you don’t know, you don’t really know the purpose, or maybe I’m just wrong. You better realize what the hell you’re doing, you better stop until it changed you. Don’t listen to the person who ask you for doing something that you’re going ended up in a wrong way, something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you. Something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you to the wrong way.”
Oliver said to Ally and Will “He had grown up really fast.”
Remy continued singing “I’m trying to tell you, I’m trying to warn you, that if you’re still doing that thing. Something wrong’s gonna happen, that would not lead to the happiness. But instead to the sadness, I think you better realize what the hell you’re doing, you better stop until it changed you. Don’t listen to the person who ask you for doing something that you’re going ended up in a wrong way, something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you. Something that leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you, leads you to the wrong way.”
Then everyone gave him standing ovation for his emotional performance, Remy seemed really happy for being praised by the audience.
“Bravo!” shouted Chris when Remy ran to the backstage and the curtain closed, he hugged Remy.
“How was it?”
“It was perfect, mate!”
“Hell yeah!!”
“C’mon, you’re next again!” Chris told Remy to go back to the stage.
Remy came back to the stage as Ben seeing Edwin as Mark sitting down behind bar, the security opened the jail, so Edwin could hug Remy.
“Are you supposed to be with Kyle?” asked Edwin.
“No, Kyle is working for Trev now, he’s one of the traitors who is responsible to keep Claire in his house! He’s holding her for hostage!”
“Hostage?! So… Claire… married… Trev?”
“Yes, she’s married to Trev already after her mother’s death! C’mon, we got to go! You know that you need help to see Claire again! C’mon, mate, we got to go!”
Edwin replied “But Ben, I’m still in jail, I can’t come with you before my sentence’s completed! I have five more years to be free.”
“Relax, I’ve paid the officers for the bail, you’re now free to go, mate.”
“Ben, thank you! You’re one of the my best friends!”
“You too!”
“Okay!” shouted Casey “Cut to the Trev’s mansion!”
While in the audience seats, Oliver told Ally “I need some snacks, I got to buy them in VIVA, what you guys want?”
Ally replied “Chitato.”
“Lays!” Will said.
“Okay, I’ll be right back, sweetie.” Oliver kissed Ally before leaving “Will, watch her.”
Will asked “So… How’s your album?”
Ally answered “I really don’t want to talk about it right now.”
Will replied “C’mon, just tell me how’s your album, I know you’re showing who you are in your album, why you’re not talking about it to me.”
“I just… I just don’t want to speak about it.”
“You sure?”
“We better focus watching again, and it’s Katie and Edwin on stage.”
Then Edwin started dancing and  singing accompanied with Remy and the backup dancers, “I come back to see you to let you know, I still got the feeling, I still have the feeling. I come back because I want to see you to ask you if you really still love me. I’ll let you know I’ve been waiting for coming here. Just only to let you know that I still in love, I’ll let you know I’ve been struggling to see you.” Then he started dancing smoothly as he walked to Katie “I just want to say… I just want to say… I still love, I still love, I still love, I still love , I still love, I still love, I still love, I still love.” Katie looked smiled as she danced to show that she acted as if she was still in love with Edwin “I really need to know if you’re still in love with me, are you really still in love or you really love him, I just want to let you know I will always love you unconditionally, are you believing I’m really your true love? Are you believing you’re my true love?. I’ll let you know if you want to answer, I’ll just let you say, I’ll just let you say, if you really want me back so bad, if you really want me back so bad, I still love, I still love, I still love, I still love , I still love, I still love, I still love, I still love I still love. Oh yeah, baby, I still love, I still love. If you really want me back so bad, if you really want me back so bad, I still love, I still love, I still love, I still love , I still love, I still love, I still love, I still love.”
Then everyone gave Edwin standing ovation, but not before Paul acted as Trev coming surprisingly angry “Hey, hey, hey!! What in the hell are you doing here!? You! I know you! You’re supposed to be in jail!”
“What?! I‘m bailed out!”
Meanwile, in the audience seats, as they focused watching the musical Jake held Delta’s hand.
Delta asked “What in the hell are you doing?”
“I’m just… holding your hand.”
“Jake, forget it, we’re not dating anymore, I’m no longer your girlfriend, and you’re no longer my boyfriend either.”
“You’re right.”
***
“I’m sorry, Mark, it’s all my fault to let you suffer like this…” said Katie as Claire who was dying in the bed on stage.
Edwin as Mark held Katie’s right hand “Claire, I love you, I love you so much! Please don’t die!”
“Too late, Mark. It’s time and…” Then Katie started singing to express her own feelings before her character’s death “I can’t live in this world anymore, I can’t suffer this sickness, I feel like being controlled, so they force me what to do. Yes, I was being forced about love, I was not in love with the person whom I was forced to marry, and I’m really hurt by this sickness, and I’m sorry, I couldn’t tell you what I suffer, but I think you realize now, I’m sorry… You didn’t understand what I feel, and you were not giving me a chance to express my feelings, I’m sorry for not telling you that I was in love with another, Trev. Because of that, I was not enjoying this bad storyline,and I wasn’t given any chance to express, instead they really hurt me, rhey took  my precious things, my happy ending, and my goal to live, so I’m leaving all of you, yeah all of you, who made me suffered in this world.” Katie’s singing made most of the cast and crew crying, and so the audience “And I’m really hurt by this sickness, and I’m sorry, I couldn’t tell you what I suffer, but I think you realize now, I’m sorry… You didn’t understand what I feel, and you were not giving me a chance to express my feelings, I’m sorry for not telling you that I was in love with another. And for my love, I’m really sorry, but I need to leave you in this world, I’m sure you’re really heartbroken, but I wish you nothing but the best for your ending…” Katie singing in tears “I’m so sorry, baby… I’m so sorry… I’m saying goodbye to you in this way, because I’m really suffering this painful life… This is goodbye, I’ll be leaving this world now… But remember… I’ll always love you…” Her character finally died.
“Claire! Claire!” shouted Edwin “No!! Don’t die!! Claire!! You’re not done! I love you!!” Edwin cried.
***
“Hold on, hold on, hold on.” said Paul as Trev in a press conference on stage being surrounded by the cameo actors as reporters and journalists “So, listen, yeah, yeah, yeah. So basically, we’re consistent with our renewed mission to quality improvement for the society which will be shown in our latest project, that…”
Then both Chris and Remy, as their character, arrived with the police officer, Chris said “That’s him!”
The police officer approached Paul “Trev Ricca, you’re under arrest for rape in the first degree!!”
Paul shouted “Wait! This is misunderstanding!! No!! You can’t arrest me, you son of the bitch!!”
“Tell it to the judge!” shouted the police officer arresting Trev.
“No, this is misunderstanding! No!! No!!”
***
In the last scene, Edwin, as Mark Kane, visited Claire’s grave, while Katie, as the ghost of Claire, also appeared. Edwin kneeled in front of the grave.
Edwin told “Hi, Claire, you’re my love, but I’m not done with this life, even though I miss you, I have to still move on, I have to move on from you and finally I… I… I need to find someone else like you, you got your fairytale ending, Claire, and I will get that ending for you too.”
Katie said “Edwin…”
Edwin sang ballad “I begin this story… With the opening word… Like all the fairytale… ‘Once upon a time’. Here we go, we meet and fall in love, we ended up falling in love, when we see each other for the first time. Here we are, we’re now together, we’re now trying to hold on… In this love, we’re writing our own story, from the beginning, middle, and the end, and we’re going to be writing this fairytale ending, in this love, love will always win, and nothing can break it up, even by the evil ones, and we’re writing this fairytale ending…” Then Edwin said before leaving “See you later.”
“Mark, thanks for everything…” Katie said before the curtain got closed.
Then all audience members gave the musical standing ovation and cheers, much to the cast and crew’s delight.
“Bravo!!” shouted Oliver.
“Yeah!!” shouted Ally.
Delta shouted “Amazing!!”
Casey smiled to the cast and crew “C’mon, we greet the audience for the final time!” All cast and crew walked to the stage in rush to greet the audience, after the curtain got opened, most of the audience members cheered in joy.
Katie got in tears “Oh my God! I can’t believe it!!”
Edwin said “Yeah, this is not a dream!”
Jordan shouted “You rocks, both of you!!”
Paul then noticed Dawn in the audience seats “Mom!”
Dawn shouted “Paul, I’m sorry but I’m proud of you!!”
“Thank you, mom!!”
Sophia said “Thank you, everyone! Thank you!!”
“Thank you!!” shouted Chris and Remy.
Casey then greeted “Thanks for watching Flop Love, everyone! We didn’t expect that we’re going to get standing ovation for all of you, guys! Thank you very much, guys! I appreciate it! Now Flop Love is playing every weekend nights in April!” The audience cheered and gave applause once more. Then all cast and crew bowed to the audience as the curtain fell with many applause.
***
At 12:00 AM, Casey looked back on the stage in Jakarta Arts Theatre, he reminisced from when he auditioned the cast and crew for his musical, getting practicing together, even getting a feud in the spring break preview, to the successfully critically acclaimed performance.
He smiled “Guys, thank you very much, I’ve reached my dream to become one of the directors and screenwriters, and now’s your turn to make your dreams come true.”
Jake greeted him “That was really brilliant, Spencer.”
“Jake?”
“Look, I’m not here to talk about Delta, but I’m here to congratulate you for giving the best musical that I’ve ever seen.”
“Thank you, Jake.”
“So, you’re not going home yet?”
“Not yet.”
“Aren’t you tired already to…”
“No, I have to wrap it up by my own, the kids are already falling asleep in the dorm.”
“Just let me help you.” said Jake helping Casey cleaning the theatre.
“Mate, I’m so sorry for kissing her.”
“No, she was your ex, it’s no big deal, after all, she has moved on from both of us.”

“You’re right, mate, it seems so.”

Comments

Popular Posts