Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 20


Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains mild coarse language, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for young children 
Jakarta Arts Boarding High School, Jakarta, Indonesia, many teenagers who were lining in front of the school and cheered in front of TV cameras. Not only teenagers from Indonesia, but also from around the globe, those teenagers were about to audition to attend Jakarta Arts, there were joy, tears, and anxiousness. It was the second global audition for Jakarta Arts.
“Jakarta Arts!!” shouted most of the teenagers in joy and tears “KYAAAAA!!”
Some of them had been waiting since 6 AM in front of the school gate, then at 9 AM, the gate got opened by the security, making the teenagers entered the school in rush to enter the school, the audition will be held in Jakarta Arts Theatre. The teenagers can also watch the audition on the installed television every single corner.
Meanwhile, in Jakarta Arts Theatre, the teachers and staffs sat down in the judges’ chairs close to the stage, there were 10 judges, including Mr. Henderson, the principal, and the teachers such as Delta, Jake, Casey, and Riley, and also one superstar student, Ally. And there were also the students who sat down in the audience seats cheering and giving standing ovation to the stage.
Then Ally and Katie came to the stage greeted by the audience and the hopefuls in the outside of the theatre waiting for their audition.
“It’s Ally!!” shouted most of them “KYAAAAA!!!”
Then the music started, Ally started singing Maroon 5’s Love Somebody “I know your insides are feeling so hollow, and it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah.”
Katie sang “But if I fall for you, I'll never recover, if I fall for you, I'll never be the same.”
Then Will and Oliver came joining Ally and Katie on stage, Will sang “I really wanna love somebody, I really wanna dance the night away, I know we're only half way there, but you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way.”
Oliver sang ”I really wanna touch somebody, I'll think about you every single day, I know we're only half way there, but you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way.”
Chris came to the stage singing “You're such a hard act for me to follow,”
Remy sang coming to the stage “Love me today, don't leave me tomorrow, yeah.”
Fearne came to the stage singing “But if I fall for you, I'll never recover.”
Jordan sang coming to the stage “If I fall for you, I'll never be the same.”
Then Sophia and Amber came to the stage, Sophia sang “I really wanna love somebody, I really wanna dance the night away, I know we're only half way there, but you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way.”
Amber sang “I really wanna touch somebody, I'll think about you every single day, I know we're only half way there, but you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way.”
The girls sang “Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh…”
Last but not the least, Edwin came to the stage singing “I don't know where to start, I'm just a little lost, I wanna feel like we never gonna ever stop, I don't know what to do, I'm right in front of you, asking you to stay, you should stay, stay with me tonight, yeah.” He shouted “Everybody sing!”
As the audience started giving the applause and cheers, all performers on stage sang together “I really wanna love somebody, I really wanna dance the night away, I know we're only half way there, but you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way. I really wanna touch somebody, I'll think about you every single day, I know we're only half way there, but you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. You can take me all the way, you can take me all the way, yeah.” The audience gave them standing ovation and cheers.
“Thank you, everyone!!” shouted Will.
Ally greeted before leaving the stage with the others “Welcome to Jakarta Arts, new hopefuls!! We wish you all the best for your audition!!” Instead of walking to the backstage, she solely walked to the judges’ chairs and sat there as one of the judges for the audition.
“It was the best!!” shouted Amber.
“Best performance so far!!” shouted Will.
“We’re going to be popular!!” shouted Sophia.
Chris then looked at Fearne, he noticed Fearne was not really happy, he asked “Fearne, are you okay?”
Fearne replied “Oh, yeah, it’s amazing we’re performing before the audition kicked off, it’s really nice.”
Remy asked “I mean, what you’re thinking about now?”
Fearne honestly answered “I don’t know, I told my parents, my baby is finally born, well, it’s tough, I don’t know whether I will keep it. I haven’t made my decision yet.”
Chris asked “Have you named your baby yet?”
Fearne revealed her baby’s name “It’s Anna, Anna Mills.”
Jordan then approached Fearne “Hey, have you made your decision for your baby yet?”
“I don’t know, I don’t know what to do right now about my baby.” Fearne said “I need to call my mom, but… but…”
“But what?” asked Jordan.
“I need some fresh air alone.” Fearne left the backstage.
Then Ryan greeted all of them bringing his guitar “Hi, guys!”
Everybody got shocked when Ryan arrived at the backstage, including Sophia, who said “Oh, it’s you again, the opening act for Kris Neil, what in the hell are you doing here?”
“I got a full scholarship from Jakarta Arts, remember?” Ryan said.
“You never told that.”
Edwin then remembered “Wait! You’re the winner of Jakarta Arts’ Ultimate Singing Competition, aren’t you?! I watched the show on Jakarta Arts website!!”
“Yeah, dude! I won the competition and got the full scholarship from that show!” shouted Ryan.
Will congratulated him “Congratulations, mate, if you need help, just tell us, we’re ready to help you with school things.”
Ryan said “Yeah, thank you.” He was called by the announcer “Oh, it’s my performance, wish me luck!”
“Yeah, dude!” shouted Edwin.
“Guys, we better sit down in the audience seats,” Will said “We want to watch the hopefuls audition, right?”
“Yeah!” shouted everyone.
Ryan walked to the stage, then he sat down on the chair on stage seeing the judges and audience, he saw Ally sitting on one of the judges’ chairs smiling at him. Then Ryan started playing his guitar and singing OneRepublic’s Love Runs Out “'ll be your light, your match, your burning sun, I'll be the bright, in black that's makin' you run. And we'll feel alright, and we'll feel alright, 'cause we'll work it out, yeah we'll work it out. I'll be doin' this, if you had a doubt, 'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out.” The audience screamed and cheered for him in joy as he sang, he continued singing “I'll be your ghost, your game, your stadium. I'll be your fifty-thousand clapping like one. And I feel alright, and I feel alright, ‘cause I worked it out, yeah I worked it out. I'll be doin' this, if you had a doubt, 'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out.” He then sang the chorus with his high note “I got my mind made up, man, I can't let go. I'm killing every second 'til it saves my soul. I'll be running, I'll be running, 'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out. And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down, 'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out.”
“Whoa, he’s better than ever!” commented Jordan to Oliver.
Ryan sang the bridge “Oh, we all want the same thing. Oh, we all run for something. Run for God, for fate, for love, for hate, for gold, for rust, for diamonds, for dust. I'll be your light, your match, your burning sun, I'll be the bright, in black that's makin' you run.” He sang the chorus again with his high note, much to the audience’s applause “I got my mind made up, man, I can't let go. I'm killing every second 'til it saves my soul. I'll be running, I'll be running, 'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out. And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down, 'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out. I'll be your light, your match, your burning sun, I'll be the bright, in black that's makin' you run. And we'll feel alright, and we'll feel alright, 'cause we'll work it out, yes, we'll work it out. And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down, 'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out. ‘Til the love runs out.” After he had finished the song, most audience gave him standing ovation and cheers, as well as some of the judges, especially Ally, Delta, Jake, and Casey.
***
As Fearne left the backstage of Jakarta Arts Theatre, she went to Jakarta Arts Square. From the backstage, she looked at the hopefuls lining up in front of the backstage waiting for the call and watching the performance on the installed television in every single corner.
Fearne arrived at Jakarta Arts Square, at least far from the hopefuls lining up around the square, she sat down on the bench near the announcement board. She took her phone checking on her Twitter. She saw on her Twitter timeline the “audition” word was trending, then she thought about her baby girl.
“Excuse me, are you Fearne Mills?” asked the man with buzz cut hair wearing blue t-shirt.
“Yes,” Fearne replied “I’m sorry, have we met before?”
“Oh, I’m the coach of Jakarta Arts football team, I’m Travis Donaldson, you may know me in the reality webshow, The Real Teachers of Jakarta Arts on Jakarta Arts website.”
“I never watched that show.”
Travis immediately got to the point “I want to adopt your baby.”
“What?”
“I heard from Jake that you’re pregnant during the second semester, so being a teen mom must be really hard for you as you have to balance between your baby and school.” Travis then asked “So are you letting your baby go for adoption?”
Fearne had not made her decision yet “I… I don’t know.”
“Well, if you don’t want to let your baby go, it’s alright, well, if you change your mind, I’ll be here. I gotta go.”
“Wait!”
“Yeah?”
“I think I can’t raise my baby in this school. But first, may I tell you my experience?”
***
The first hopeful that came to the stage was the boy who had short spiky hair, muscular body, and somewhat clean face, he wore blue shirt and black jeans, he faced the judges and the audiences, he introduced himself “Hello, I’m Ed. Just Ed. I’m going to sing Austin Mahone’s All I Ever Need.”
Jake said to Delta “I think the first hopeful is familiar to someone, but I don’t know.”
Delta said “It’s just your feeling, Jake.”
As the music started, Ed started singing “Don't the water grow the trees. Don't the moon pull the tide. Don't the stars light the sky. Like you need to light my life. If you need me anytime. You know I'm always right by your side. See I've never felt this love. You're the only thing that's on my mind.”
“Wow!” shouted Casey as the audience started cheering for Ed.
Ed continued singing “You don't understand how much you really mean to me. I need you in my life, you're my necessity. But believe me that you're everything that just makes my world complete, my love is clear the only thing I love. You're all I ever need… Baby you're amazing, you're my angel come and save me. You're all I ever need… Baby you're amazing, you're my angel come and save me.”
The audience stood up as they continued cheering Ed up by clapping their hands as Casey told so with his body language standing up “C’mon, guys!”
Ed continued singing until the end “When it comes to you, baby I'm addicted. You're like a drug, no rehab can fix it. I think you're perfect even with your flaws. You ask what I like about you, ooh, I love it all. When it comes to you, baby I'm addicted. You're like a drug, no rehab can fix it. I think you're perfect even with your flaws. You ask what I like about you, ooh, I love it all. You're all I ever need… Baby you're amazing, you're my angel come and save me. You're all I ever need… Baby you're amazing, you're my angel come and save me.”
After the song ended, the audience gave the standing ovation to Ed, and some judges like Ally, Delta, Jake, and Casey, but Mr. Henderson just gave only applause without standing up.
“Thank you, thank you, everyone.” Ed told before leaving the stage.
Delta said “He was pretty amazing!”
Ally told “That’s the way to start the audition!”
***
Fearne told Travis her story as they were sitting on the bench in Jakarta Arts Square “It was on Halloween night I was impregnated by the male gigolo named Deacon, well basically he was expelled. I was expelled as well, but I’m back here.”
“But you can’t be pregnant again, right? If you’re, you will be expelled for good.”
“I know.” Fearne continued her story “Then during the summer, I went to Toronto with my friends, Miss Delta, Mr. Jake, and Mr. Spencer, but I was kidnapped by Deacon, then I had my baby in the middle of the forest, it was really emotional.” Fearne started crying.
“Fearne, I think I understand how you feel right now.” Travis told.
***
As the audition continued, many teenagers attempted to replicate Ed’s successful audition, but they ended up failed, such as the singers who sang various popular songs like OneRepublic’s Counting Stars, Ed Sheeran’s Sing, MKTO’s Classic, Miley Cyrus’ Made in the USA, and Maroon 5’s Never Gonna Leave This Bed really pitchy, there were also dancers who danced really badly, from tap to hip-hop. The judges got really bored after the bad auditions they had watched.
Then Jake said “Please, please show us your good talent, next hopeful…”
Casey was desperate “I didn’t think this is really hard… Man, I hope the next is good enough…”
The next hopeful finally came to the stage, he had black short straight hair, he wore white t-shirt, red jacket, and white pants, he introduced himself “Hello, I’m Andrew Harrington, and I’m going to sing Chris Brown’s Loyal.”
Jake hoped “Please, show me your good talent…”
As the music started, Andrew said “Young mula, baby! You thought it was over?” He then rapped “I wasn't born last night. I know these things ain't right. But you was blowing up her phone last night, but she ain't have her ringer nor her ring on last night, oh. Now, that's that nerve, why give a girl your heart when she'd rather have a purse? Why give a girl an inch when she'd rather have nine? You know how the game goes, she be mine by half time, I'm the, I’m the, oh. Now, that's that nerve, you all about her, and she all about hers, Birdman Junior in this girl, no flamingos, and I done did everything, but trust these people.” His rap impressed the audience and the judges.
“Yeah!! That’s what I’m talking about!!” shouted Jake.
Andrew then sang “When a rich girl want ya, and your girl can't do nothing for ya. These girls ain't loyal. These girls ain't loyal. Yeah, yeah, let me see. Just got rich, took a broke girl. I can make a broke girl rich, but I don't love with broke girls. I know your girl wanna lay wit’cha. I took her to Dubai with me. White girls, like Lady Gaga, rolling up that Bob Marley, I'm a rasta. She wanna do drugs, smoke ah, get drunk, she wanna see a boy trapped, she wanna love all the rappers.” He could see the audience started cheering for him as he continued singing “When a rich girl want ya, want you baby, and your girl can't do nothing for ya, nothing no. These girls ain't loyal, no they ain’t. These girls ain't loyal. Yeah, yeah, let me see.” Then he rapped again “With ciroc in the system? Ain't no telling will I love them, will I diss them, that's what they be yelling, I'm a pimp by blood, no relation, I don't chase 'em, I replace 'em. LVs, Hermes, Dolces. Them girls ain't loyal. Man, they rotate, school me to the game, now I know my duty, put it in the loader, she was riding in the hoot. That girl, I got my own, your weed, got my own,  had to put my mink back on, tell that bitch, put a ring back on.” He sang again “Come on, come on, girl, why you frontin'? Baby show me something, when I call her, she gon' leave, and I bet that bottom dollar she gon' cheat. Come on, come on, girl, why you frontin'? Baby show me something, you just spent your bread on her, and it's all for nothing. When a rich girl want ya, want you baby, and your girl can't do nothing for ya, nothing no. These girls ain't loyal, no they ain’t. These girls ain't loyal. Yeah, yeah, let me see. When a rich girl want ya, want you baby, and your girl can't do nothing for ya, nothing no. These girls ain't loyal, no they ain’t. These girls ain't loyal. Yeah, yeah, let me see.”
Afterwards, the audience gave Andrew cheers and applause, some of them giving standing ovation, while the judges did so, especially Jake and Casey cheered on him giving standing ovation.
“Yeah!!” shouted Casey.
“That’s better!!” shouted Jake.
Andrew simply said “Thanks for watching my performance, wish me luck.” He then left the stage.
Will spoke “He’s such a good rapper!”
Oliver said “I think he could be the replacement for Freddie.”
Jordan said “Speaking about Freddie, Ed is kinda familiar to him.”
Amber commented “It’s just your feelings.”
“Right,” Jordan said.
“Fearne is still not here?” asked Sophia.
***
Fearne and Travis went to Bunda Children Hospital, where her baby was taken care of by the nurses. As they entered the hospital, they saw many pregnant women and the mothers holding their babies sitting on the bench, as well as the midwifes walking around.
They also looked the guides for the pregnant women and the mothers to take care of their babies on the wall with cute baby pictures and drawings.
They went to the newborn babies’ room, where the newborn babies are there sleeping and lying in each small bed, however, they can’t technically entered, they were separated by the room, door and window from the babies.
“So where is she?” asked Travis.
Fearne pointed her baby, the baby was the second from the right “Well, this is hard, but… before I finish my high school, I don’t think I’m ready to be a mom, you know why.”
Travis noticed “Wow, you’re sure? You better think again, Fearne.”
“I have to finish my school.”
“So you let me adopt your baby?”
Fearne replied “Yes, but let me know about her growth, if you had problems with her, you can call me, at least I can help you.” She then asked “Why do you want to adopt her?”
Travis replied “My mom was pregnant out of wedlock, my dad slept with other woman, so she dumped him right before I was born, until now, I never understand how my mom really suffered raising me alone. So I have to experience being a single dad to understand how my mom feel raising me alone.”
Then the black short haired nurse came greeting them “Hello, you’re here, Fearne Mills, and is he your husband?”
Fearne denied “No, he’s my teacher.”
“I’m Travis Donaldson, it’s nice to meet you.”
“I guess I have to go back home.”
“Let me take you then.”
“You’re really nice, but no thanks, I can go home alone. I’ll see you later.” Fearne said before leaving the hospital.
Travis asked the nurse “Excuse me, nurse, I would love to adopt her baby.”
“Yes, sir, this way, sir.”
***
The audition got hotter and better as many hopefuls impressed both audiences and judges, the hopefuls showed their greatest talents they had, like singing Lorde’s Team with high note, walking like in a runway like a model, dancing hip-hop, broadway, salsa, and bollywood, and also acting monologue with their own script. Some of them impressed the judges and the audiences, but some not.
It was 3 PM when a black long haired girl who wore white dress came to the stage introducing herself “I’m Tahan Guthrie, I’m going to sing a song from one of my favorite country artists, Carrie Underwood, Keep Us Safe.” As the music started, she started singing “Deserts grow cold, rivers run dry. We give up on each other without thinking twice. Hope gets lost, can't see the dawn. When the storm just won't let up, give us the faith to carry on. When we get scared, let this be our prayer… God keep us safe, safe tonight… Keep our eyes toward the skies. Send down an army of angels to make us brave, and keep us strong and unafraid, God keep us safe…” Then the audiences were touched and started giving their applause. She continued singing “Oh God keep us safe, unafraid, and keep our eyes on the heavens and give us grace. Send us an army of angels to make us brave, keep us strong and unafraid… Keep us strong and unafraid… God keep us safe… Keep us safe…”
Then the judges and audiences gave applause to her, some of them giving standing ovation, including Delta.
Delta said in tears “Wow, she made me cry.”
“Don’t cry, Delta!” said Jake.
***
It was almost 6 PM, as the audition came to the close, there was only one hopeful left to impress the judges and the audiences, he was the last one to audition. He has brown short hair and wearing orange t-shirt and black jeans, he also brought his guitar to the stage.
“The last one.” Ally said.
“Wow.” said Delta “Here we go.”
The boy introduced himself “I’m Harley Willis, I’m here to sing my original song, this original song is for my crush who eventually got a boyfriend, so I dedicate this song for her. And… I’m not her boyfriend, I’m single, and I’ve never been her boyfriend, I’m straight anyway.” He started playing his guitar as he sang “I was so obssessed when you’re coming into me,” He immediately amazed the judges and the audiences, making most of them cheering on him.
“What?!” shouted Jake surprised.
“I really can’t believe it!” Casey shouted.
Harley continued singing as the audiences continued cheering “I saw your beautiful face that make me feel you’re beautiful, I know you’re seeing me as the handsome prince, I feel crazy when I see you. I don’t know what to say when you make me smile, I don’t know what to say when I meet you, you’re really crazy when I look at you, I just feel crazy. Would you say yes if I ask you love me? Would you say yes if I ask you date me? I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know… I don’t know why I smile when you make me love you, I don’t know why you make me really crazy. I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know… I’m crazy for you, oh, crazy for you. I’m crazy for you, oh, crazy for you. I’m crazy for you, oh, crazy for you, I’m crazy for you.” The female audiences screamed and cheered for him, they immediately became his fans. Harley sang again “Would you say I do if you want to marry me? Would you say yes if I propose marriage to you? I just want to know because I’m really crazy, I’m really crazy for you so much. I don’t know why I’m just crazy, I don’t now why I’m just happy, when I see you face coming into me, I just feel crazy. Would you say yes if I ask you love me? Would you say yes if I ask you date me? I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know. I don’t know why I smile when you make me love you, I don’t know why you make me really crazy, I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know.”
“Yeah!!” shouted Delta.
“He’s amazing, isn’t he?” asked Ally to Delta.
Harley sang “Baby, you’re crazy, when you say you love me. Baby, you’re crazy, when you say I’m crazy… Would you say yes if I ask you love me? Would you say yes if I ask you date me? I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know. I don’t know why I smile when you make me love you, I don’t know why you make me really crazy, I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know.” He finally ended the song with a bang, making all audiences and the judges giving him standing ovation with screams and cheers.
“Whoa! He’s closing the audition with a bang!!” shouted Casey.
“He’s very talented!!” shouted Jake.
“He has the complete package! Wow!” shouted Delta.
And that was the end of the new student audition of the year…
***
The next day, Adam Henderson posted the list who passed the audition and to be entering Jakarta Arts as the new students, he also made letters to all hopefuls whether they passed or not.
Ed walked from his home shirtless, only wearing his white boxer, he took the letter from his house’s mailbox, the letter was from Jakarta Arts. He said when he opened the letter “I hope I make it through.” Then he screamed after he read the letter “YES! YES!! YES!!” Much to his neighbors’ curiosity “I passed! I passed! I passed, baby!!”
While Andrew was jogging near the Ancol Beach while hearing some music using headphone connected to his phone, he then got a text message which made him stopped. He took his phone to check the text message, he then shouted “WOO!! WOO!! Yo man!! I passed!!” He noticed that some of the citizens who were there noticed him, he said “It’s okay, man, I’m really happy right now.”
“KYAAAAA!!” screamed Tahan when she finished reading her letter from Jakarta Arts in her living room while watching Dora the Explorer with her sister. Her 5 year old younger sister also screamed. Tahan then hugged her sister “I passed! I passed!!”
While Harley checked Jakarta Arts website in 7-Eleven as he enjoyed a cup of coffee and a sandwich, he then checked Jakarta Arts website using his MacBook Air, he saw his name on the list of the new students of 2014, he couldn’t have been happier, then he got a phone call as well, he answered the call.
“Yeah, this is Harley Willis.”
“Harley Willis, we saw your performance during your audition for Jakarta Arts,”
“Yeah,”
“We’re going to ask you if…’
***
In the hospital, Travis held Fearne’s baby, named Anna Mills, carefully, he said to the baby “Hello, Anna, I’m Travis, and I’m your father.”
The nurse approached him “Mr. Donaldson, here’s the form for adoption.”
“Yes, ma’am,”
***
Then on the first day of school, the students of Jakarta Arts were back at school walking through the gate, they were really excited to meet the new students of Jakarta Arts who passed the audition, there were many joys, tears, excitements, and anxiousness.
Ally said as she entered the gate “It’s good to be back,”
Oliver then approached her “Hi, Ally, we’re back in Jakarta Arts!” He kissed her.
“Yeah, it’s a new beginning for us.” Ally said.
Then Will came “Hey, guys, we better hurry! We better watch the showcase of the top 5 students of the last audition! You sure don’t wanna miss it!!”
“Shall we?” asked Oliver.
“Yeah.” Ally said before walking to Jakarta Arts Theatre.
***
 At 10 AM, Jakarta Arts 10th Grader Entrance Ceremony finally began in Jakarta Arts Theatre, with most students and teachers sitting down as the audience in their chairs. They gave applause as Adam Henderson came to the stage.
Katie said to Jordan as she was sitting next to him “Oh my God, I feel we’re back in last year.”
Jordan added “I remember when Chloe mocked all of us, the top 9. Well, I miss Christian and Freddie.”
“Me too.” Katie said.
Meanwhile, Amber checked on her LINE conversation regarding of the new students “I can’t believe it.”
“What?” asked Fearne who was sitting next to her.
“Harley’s audition was a big hit on YouTube, it gained 5 million hits already?!”
“What?! Are you serious?!”
While Sophia said to Chris “Why the hell we need to watch this stupid ceremony?!”
Chris said “Relax, Sophia, we also need to know about the new students here, and you remember what Casey said to all of us, don’t you?” He flashed back:
9:30 AM, Ally, Will, Oliver, Katie, Jordan, Amber, Fearne, Edwin, Chris, Remy, and Sophia gathered in the backstage of Jakarta Arts Theatre, that was approximately 15 minutes before all 11th and 12th graders gathered sitting on their seats in front of the stage.
Casey told “Guys, this is the first day when the new students entering the school. Last year, Ally, Will, Oliver, Katie, Jordan, Amber, and Fearne, you’re the seven of the top 9 auditions, you got your shot performing in front of the students, but this year, we have the top 5 students, including Jakarta Arts’ Ultimate Singing Competition winner, Ryan.”
“So…” Oliver said.
“After this performance, I want you meet them, introduce yourself, and of course be their mentors.” Casey instructed.
Back to the ceremony, Chris said “We have to be their mentors, that’s what he said.”
“Fair enough.” Sophia said.
Mr. Henderson greeted the students on stage “Well, we know that Jakarta Arts has continued making superstars all around the world, either they’re singer, dancer, actor, model, or anything else related to entertainment industry. Last year, we held a global audition and we finally found some new best talents all around the world. This year, we did it again, and not only that, we also held Jakarta Arts’ Ultimate Singing Competition for the new hopefuls competing for a three year scholarship in Jakarta Arts, we got our amazing winner with so much potential. And in the last audition, we found the top 4 students who brought their best shot during audition, and they will be performing alongside the winner of Jakarta Arts’ Ultimate Singing Competition. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our best new students of the year singing Maroon 5’s Maps!” Adam Henderson left the stage as audience gave applause.
Then Ryan, Harley, Ed, Andrew, and Tahan came to the stage greeting the audience.
“Oh my God,” said Amber “That’s the top 5?”
“Oh… He’s Harley, right?” asked Fearne.
Katie asked “Which one is Harley?”
“The brown haired one.” Fearne pointed.
As the music started, Ed started singing “I miss the taste of a sweeter life, I miss the conversation. I’m searching for a song tonight, I’m changing all of the stations.”
Ryan sang next “I like to think that we had it all, we drew a map to a better place. But on that road I took a fall, oh baby why did you run away?”
Harley, Andrew, and Tahan sang together “I was there for you in your darkest times. I was there for you in your darkest night.”
Then five of them sang the chorus together as the audience started cheering on them “But I wonder where were you when I was at my worst, down on my knees and you said you had my back, so I wonder where were you when all the roads you took came back to me. So I’m following the map that leads to you, the map that leads to you, ain't nothing I can do, the map that leads to you, following, following, following to you. The map that leads to you, ain't nothing I can do, the map that leads to you, following, following, following.”
Harley sang his verse, much to the audience’s cheers “I hear your voice in my sleep at night, hard to resist temptation. 'Cause something strange has come over me, and now I can’t get over you, no, I just can’t get over you.”
Ryan, Ed, Andrew, and Tahan sang together “I was there for you in your darkest times. I was there for you in your darkest night.”
Then five of them started singing together again “But I wonder where were you when I was at my worst, down on my knees and you said you had my back, so I wonder where were you when all the roads you took came back to me. So I’m following the map that leads to you, the map that leads to you, ain't nothing I can do, the map that leads to you, following, following, following to you. The map that leads to you, ain't nothing I can do, the map that leads to you.”
“Everybody, let’s say oh!” shouted Ryan.
All of them sang with the audience “Oh oh oh. Oh oh oh. Yeah yeah yeah. Oh oh.”
Andrew sang “Oh, I was there for you, oh, in your darkest time. Oh, I was there for you, oh, in your darkest night.”
Tahan sang “Oh, I was there for you, oh, in your darkest time. Oh, I was there for you, oh, in your darkest night.”
Then the five of them sang “But I wonder where were you when I was at my worst, down on my knees and you said you had my back, so I wonder where were you when all the roads you took came back to me. So I’m following the map that leads to you, the map that leads to you, ain't nothing I can do, the map that leads to you, following, following, following to you. The map that leads to you, ain't nothing I can do, the map that leads to you, following, following, following.”
Then the audiences gave cheers and screams in joy, most of them giving standing ovation. But Ally, Will, Oliver, Katie, Jordan,  Amber, Fearne, Edwin, Chris, Remy, and Sophia got speechless and shocked upon seeing the performance.
“Oh crap, we’re doomed…” Sophia swore.
“That’s our top five new students of the year! Give applause again to them!!” Mr. Henderson came back to the stage, he quickly announced “Anyway, one of our top students of the year, Harley, made his audition video became viral on YouTube!”
Harley got into the point “I got signed by Balboa Heights Records!!” Much to most audience cheers, however not for Ally and the gang.
“Really…” Oliver added.
“That’s even worse…” Sophia said.
“Masya Allah…” Edwin said.
***
At 11 AM, at backstage, Ally, Oliver, and Will finally met Ryan, Harley, Ed, Andrew, and Tahan, as they were asked by Casey to greet them. But Katie, Jordan, Amber, Fearne, Edwin, Chris, Remy, and Sophia had decided to go back to the dorm to rest.
Tahan shouted when she saw Ally “No way! You’re Ally Sanders!”
Ed said “Yeah, she is! I think she’s hot, she’s talented, and she has the complete package.”
Ally greeted “Hi, guys, I’m Ally, this is Will, this is Oliver, we’re going to be your mentors during your first semester.”
Ed said “It’s nice to meet you, Ally Sanders, you’re so hot.”
Ally replied “Thank you.”
“I’m fan of yours, Ally, and coincidentally, we’re both in the same record label.” Harley said.
“Yeah, at least you have heard my album, haven’t you?”
Harley laughed “Well, I wish you luck then.”
“Okay, our first mentoring on Saturday in the music classroom.” Will announced.
“We’re looking forward for it.” Andrew said.
“We got to go.” Ally said before leaving with Will and Oliver.
Harley then said quietly “I’m ready to take Ally down.”

Comments

Popular Posts