Jakarta Arts Season 2 Episode 24


Jakarta Arts Season 2 is classified PG, it contains some coarse language and mature themes, for general reading, but may be unsuitable for young children.

On the beautiful Sunday in Jakarta Arts, most students were spending their weekend holiday by relaxing in either dorm or their homes, practicing their talents for the next assignments, doing their homeworks, playing some outdoor sports in Jakarta Arts Square, playing with their gadgets on social networking websites, and even having their parents a visit.
But not for the football team, they had to practice harder that Sunday for the sectional championship, so Travis told them to hustle harder. At 11:30 AM, he assigned a practice match divided into two teams, Chris, Ed, and Andrew were in one team, they quickly became contenders as they mostly dominating the game.
Chris shouted as he passed the ball “Ed!”
Ed received the ball near the goalpost and shot it through, the goalkeeper couldn’t catch it and it went GOAL!! “GOAL!!!” Ed then took his shirt off to celebrate, then Andrew, Chris, and his other teammates approached him.
Travis then blew his whistle “That’s it for today, boys! You’re all improved over the week! We’re going to win sectionals for sure! Now run along and take a shower!”
“Yes, sir!” All the football team members left.
“Ed,” Travis called.
Ed, who was still shirtless holding his shirt, replied “Yeah, Coach?”
“Football players don’t take off their shirts after shooting the goal, it would be a foul, you know what happened to Ronaldo after doing that?”
“Yeah, I won’t do that again,”
“By the way, you’re the most improved player I’ve seen this week, keep it up!”
“Thanks, Coach,” Ed immediately ran leaving the football field inside the stadium.
***
Chris asked Andrew as they opened their locker after shower “So, you and Ed formed a duo? Hip-hop duo?”
Andrew replied “We can’t actually say that our group is taking pure hip-hop genre, we’re still in pop genre, but with rap of course. I’m rapping a bit. You saw my rap during my audition singing Chris Brown’s Loyal.”
“Yeah, that’s pretty cool, dude.” Chris wore his black shirt, as he buttoned his shirt, he asked “What’s the name of the duo?”
“Double H.”
“Double H?”
“Pretty unique, huh?” Andrew wore his orange t-shirt “I guess Ed has been attracted to a girl, so he immediately got an idea to write our first ever original song.”
“Yeah, I would love to hear it, dude. So, you’re going to perform in Jakarta Arts Square?”
“Yeah, if Sophia has a time to watch. You should watch our performance, dude.”
“C’mon, Andrew!” Ed arrived meeting Andrew “We should prepare our performance, dude! It must be a perfect performance!” He then exited the locker room.
“Ed, you don’t take a shower?” Andrew asked.
“Later in the dorm, I want to try walk without my shirt on to attract the ladies, especially Sophia!”
“Sophia? So Ed has a crush on Sophia?” asked Chris “Wow, I don’t expect this, she’s…”
“Cynical, I know, but it seemed Ed doesn’t care about her character, I got to leave, watch our performance in Jakarta Arts Square, dude.” Andrew left the locker room after closing his locker.
“Yeah, you bet.” Chris closed his locker after he wore his green pants.
Then Remy entered the locker room as the other football team players left “I saw an aspiring football dude who is entering the sectionals!” He then approached Chris as he attempted to kiss him.
“Whoa, dude, not here,” Chris laughed rejecting the kiss “My teammates could see us kissing, dude.”
“I didn’t see them, dude.” Remy flirted “I just saw them leaving the locker room.”
“Yeah, you’re right, dude.” Chris laughed “But we can’t just come out here, in Indonesia, it’s really inappropriate being gay or something here, that’s why most of the homosexuals are closeted here. We can’t even let our closest friends like Ally, Oliver, Will, Katie, Ed, or Andrew know that we’re in a relationship.”
“But at least after graduation, we can get married, can’t we?”
“Not here, but in Canada or Netherlands, dude, or maybe in Australia.”
“You know what,” Remy held Chris’ hands, he spontaneously asked “Would you marry me?”
“What?”
“I wanna marry you so early, Chris. We should elope to Canada, or maybe Australia would be a nice idea. I just wanna be with you for the rest of my life.”
“Um…” Chris went speechless, then he noticed Remy’s laughs “Man, are you kidding me! You’re kidding, right! Shut up, dude! We’re only one week in our relationship, why the hell did you propose marriage to me? Man, maybe I say yes after we graduate, haha.” Chris laughed.
“So, we’re getting married after graduate.”
“But I told you, not here,” Chris then revealed as he held Remy’s shoulder with his hands “You know that being in the football team is one of my plans to stay closeted, right? Yeah, I just don’t want to be stereotypical, I just want to stay macho, dude. But I think it’s not about being gay, it’s about who you love, we are free to fall in love with someone, especially with you.”
Remy said “Yeah, it’s our plan too, dude.” He then flirted “You know what, no matter what happened, even we came out to the public or outed by someone, or even we get caught holding hands, I will still always love you, I love you, don’t you?”
“Hell yes! I love you, dude!” Chris then kissed Remy’s lips passionately and pulled his collar at the same time, he then said “Yeah, we can’t let the others know our secret, right?”
“Right, dude,” Remy kissed Chris’ lips again “We’re watching Ed and Andrew’s performance, right?”
“This evening, hell yes!” Chris kissed Remy again.
***
“Any progress on Katie?” asked Jordan to Ally in the Room 233.
Ally was browsing the official Indonesian music chart on her phone “Good news, she can sleep, but the bad news, she wants to do nothing, nothing at all, this is really frustrating, Jordan. I have told her to sing, to eat, to write, but she wants to do nothing.”
“Well, I have to take her to Mr. Jamie again if her condition gets worsen again.”
“I hope not,” Ally then looked at the phone screen “What?!”
“What? Katie updated her status again?”
“No, Jordan, it’s not.”
Jordan then walked approaching Ally looking at her phone screen “Whoa, this is the top ten singles of the week in Indonesia.” He then surprised when he saw Harley’s debut single, Crazy For You, reached number 9 “Oh God, am I seriously dreaming? Harley’s single, Crazy For You, is number nine already?!” He then looked at Ally’s face “What’s the matter, Ally, is anything wrong?”
“No, nothing, nothing at all,”
Jordan then revealed “Ally, when I saw you during the mentoring, you seemed really jealous on Harley. Whoa, don’t tell me you’re falling in love with him as well.”
“I’m not, Jordan.”
“Then why? Why you looked so mean to Harley?”
Ally then skipped the question “You know what, I’m bringing Mr. Jamie here.” She immediately walked out from the room “Jordan, you keep an eye on Katie, tell her to do something.”
After Ally left, Will entered the room “Hi, Jordan, you’re here too?”
“Yeah, dude. Ally is calling Jamie here, Katie’s condition is getting worsen, and the bad news is… she wants to do nothing but keep lying in bed.”
Katie then said really quick “Jordan, I’m so sorry,”
“No, Katie, you don’t have to,” Jordan sat next to Katie in bed “Mr. Jamie will be here immediately soon.”
“Jordan, are you and Ally mad at me?”
“Mad? No, Katie, we’re not mad at you, we don’t hate you either, it’s just… I don’t know, Katie, I don’t know what to say.” Then Jordan noticed Will’s face “Will, you too?”
“No, no, no, I’m okay.”
“I just saw you really pale, you have something you want to say,”
“No, I really… it’s nothing, not your business,”
“C’mon, dude, I know you’re hiding something!” Jordan shouted in laughs.
“It’s nothing actually, none of your business, I better leave, I have to prepare for the stage in Jakarta Arts Square, the school council candidates are going to speak for the campaign this evening,”
Jordan then asked “You’re up for the council president, aren’t you?”
“No, I’m done with that job, I just need to focus on my music, I just want my music is accepted by public, especially the record companies, I’m writing my song for my demo.” Will invited Jordan “You may want to watch the campaign in Jakarta Arts Square this evening, Jordan,”
“Sure, Will,”
***
“Are you ready with the song, Ed?” asked Andrew applying his Vaseline facial foam on his face in front of the sink and mirror in their bathroom, he was wearing his white undershirt on and black boxer.
While Ed was taking a shower as he said “But how you rap? You said that if you rap in our first song, it won’t be good enough to impress the others, including Sophia,”
“Ed, I told you my rap verse in that song need to be scrapped because I think it looked unnecessary and terrible, and awkward, so we need to scrap that rap part.”
“But you’re a rapper, dude, like my brother, if we don’t add that rap part, it’s not pop rap, dude, we’re not pop rap group.” Ed told as Andrew washed his face.
“But we’re generally pop group, dude.” Andrew told “And you know that Harley is now one of the popular male singers in Indonesia, his single reached top 10 of the week,” Andrew walked away from the sink to take a towel near the toilet.
“How did you know that, dude?” asked Ed taking his towel after opening the shower door and wore it after Andrew drying his face using his towel.
“I looked at the music news this morning, dude,” Andrew told “Harley might be the next Kris Neil, but we can’t let him successful alone, we know our mentor, Ally, is also having hit songs and debut album. But you know what, both of them are dubbed as the next Kris Neil, while we, Double H, we’re our own artist, we don’t need to be compared to any Jakarta Arts alumni, dude!”
Ed wondered “We’re compared to Eminem?” He then walked to the front of the sink and mirror, he took a shaving gel to apply on his beard and moustache.
“No, Ed, we don’t have to be famous like Eminem, we don’t have to interpersonate Eminem, 50 Cent, or even Bruno Mars, we’re our own, we’re ourselves, we can just be ourselves, dude!” Andrew said “That what my friends told me in middle school.”
Ed started shaving his beard and moustache “We have to impress the public, including the record company we’re after, The WR Records, right?”
“Dude, like my mom said, if you want to be an artist, you shouldn’t impress the public, you just need to show you who are.”
“I know, dude, Freddie told me to write a song to yourself.”
“I… I don’t know about that, dude, but we need to kill it, we need to show what we’ve got to the other students this evening in Jakarta Arts Square.” Andrew told as Ed finished shaving, then someone knocked the door “Hold on!” Andrew walked out from the bathroom before walking to the room door, he then opened the door.
It was Harley who knocked the door, after the door opened, he greeted “Andrew, Oliver needs us in Jakarta Arts Square, now.”
“Now? Don’t tell me we’re not allowed to perform there, dude.”
“No, no, no, dude, Oliver told me we can be the some kind of opening act for the council president candidates’ campaign in Jakarta Arts Square, that’s why we need to prepare for the show now.”
“You mean we need to go now?” asked Andrew.
“Yeah, dude.” Harley told, he then said “You don’t hear Ally’s song, do you?”
“Not yet, but I heard yours reaching top 10, congratulations, dude, you’re really great already.”
“Thanks, but Oliver needs us to be in Jakarta Arts Square immediately,”
“Of course, Harley.”
***
Casey was still typing his movie script in his office using his brand new Microsoft Surface on the table, he typed the script so quick as he got plenty of ideas on his head. He then imagined he would be a famous movie screenwriter and director after his contract with Jakarta Arts as a drama teacher expired soon.
Chris greeted coming with Remy “Casey, hi, you’re still writing?”
“Yeah, Chris. And… whoa, Remy, you came too. Whoa,” Casey saw Chris and Remy’s happy faces “You two must’ve been really happy, or you’re both really happy.”
“Are we?” asked Remy grabbed Chris’ shoulder, and so did Chris on Remy.
Chris then replied “Yeah, Remy has proposed me, we’re getting married, Casey,”
“Whoa, you’re getting married?” Casey wondered “You’re in a relationship just one week already, that’s so fast, Chris.”
“Yeah, I mean we’re going to elope, maybe abroad like Australia or Canada, it’s really exciting, we can’t wait to get married.”
“Yeah, or I can’t wait for us to tie it up.” Remy laughed.
Casey then asked “Uhuh, you can’t marry here, in Indonesia, it’s illegal, besides, you can’t get married while you’re attending Jakarta Arts, you could be expelled, dude.”
Chris replied “Yeah, that’s why we’re going to move…” He went speechless “Oh, I’m joking, Casey.” He laughed “Remy pranked me, and I pranked you, but at least we’re getting married afer we graduate.”
“Yeah, I can see both of you falling in love with each other, good for you.”
Remy asked “I wonder what your reaction when Chris come out to you, I mean when Chris told me he loved me, you’re not mad, aren’t you?”
“I’m not mad at you, but in my opinion, we can love everyone, we can fall in love with someone, doesn’t matter if you’re male or female, it’s normal to fall in love. I’ve seen many couples like you in Australia, but I think you’re more two humans that fall in love with each other.” Casey explained.
Then Chris’ phone rang, he took his phone from his pocket “From my mom, I wait outside.” He walked out from the office.
“You won’t tell anyone, will you, Sir?” asked Remy.
“I won’t, but at least you need to be careful if you’re still want a relationship with him, because people here deem your relationship is inappropriate for them. But at least, you’re not as stereotypical as in Australia or most Western world. You both have taken sports extracurricular at least, you’re second place at swimming nationals, while Chris, he’s part of football team.”
Remy starred at Chris who was talking on the phone in front of the opened door, he then thanked “Thank you very much, Sir, you’re really nice teacher.”
“Oh, you both have just given me an idea for my movie script, I should thank to both of you, and… I won’t tell anyone about this, I promise, your secret is safe with me.” Casey said “So, you’re going to Jakarta Arts Square this evening to watch the campaign.”
“Absolutely, Sir, we heard that Ed and Andrew are forming a duo, they’re going to perform live before the campaign. You’re coming too?”
“Yeah, why not?” Casey laughed.
***
“Is Katie still here?” asked Ally to Jordan after arriving back to her room.
“Yeah, she’s still lying in her bed.” Jordan noticed Ally wasn’t with Jamie “Whoa, whoa, whoa, where’s Jamie? You told me you’re coming back with him, didn’t you?”
“Yeah, but Jamie got a phone call from Katie’s mother, she’s coming here too.”
“Yes, she’s coming here soon.”
Katie then asked “Jordan… I’m so sorry,”
Jordan replied “No, it’s not your fault, Katie, besides, I’m not mad at you, Ally’s not mad at you either.”
Will, who was still sitting in front of the dining table, stood up, leaving the room “I got to go, I need to prepare for the event in Jakarta Arts Square.”
Jordan then asked Katie “Katie, it would be nice if you’re watching the campaign in Jakarta Arts Square with us, I think you will be better.”
Katie said “I’m bored it depends on me, everyone said, my mom said, my dad said, my siblings said, everyone around me always said that, I can’t stand it, I just can’t stand that negative minds anymore!”
Ally tried to calm Katie down “Katie, calm down, it’s gonna be okay, it’s gonna be okay, you’re alright, you’re healthy right now.”
Jordan asked Ally “Ally, I remember Katie has eating disorder, so is this caused her like this?”
“I don’t know anything about eating disorder, Jordan, but maybe her mom knows more, maybe Jamie knows that she has eating disorder.”
Jordan then got a LINE message from Tahan “Tahan LINE-d me,” He then replied the message using his phone.
“Ally?” Jamie arrived in front of the room, of course, the door was opened, Will didn’t close the door. Jamie asked “May we come in?”
“With her mom?” Ally asked.
“Yeah,” Jamie then introduced Katie’s mom, whose hair was brunette colored.
“Katie, honey,” Katie’s mom greeted Katie.
Katie starred at her mom “Mom?”
***
Will arrived at Jakarta Arts Square, where the student council members were preparing the stage for the council presidential campaign event, as well as the performances by Harley, and Ed and Andrew. He saw Oliver, Sophia, and Paul helping the others preparing the stage, he then saw the Jakarta Arts logo at the left corner of the screen, as well as the special effect on the edge of the stage which burst.
Sophia then saw Will “Oh, thank God you’re here, Mr. President,”
Will replied “Not anymore after one of the candidates takes over the role.”
Oliver said “It will be harder to see the candidates unless we see them in the debate, there were three, right?”
Sophia answered “Yes, I was shocked that Bianca is up for the council president against Chloe.”
“Bianca?!” Will and Oliver expressed surprised “She’s against Chloe now?”
Sophia then asked cynically “Huh? Don’t tell me you don’t know about the candidates. C’mon, you’re soon to be retired president and vice president of the council, Chandler and Arnett, wake up!” She then left to the backstage.
“Whoa, I can’t believe she said that,” Will said.
Oliver added “Me neither,”
“Bianca is running for president against Chloe, I can’t believe it anymore. At least I’ve never heard about Bianca during the second semester,”
“She’s our classmate, Will!”
“Yeah, I know,”
“Oh, someone sent me this on my LINE.” Oliver took his phone to show the LINE message on his screen to Will.
“What? Harley’s song reaches top ten already?! It debuted at number nine?!”
Oliver then texted someone else as he spoke to Will “I know, dude. My girlfriend must’ve been really shocked when she heard about this.”
“Ally? Ally’s shocked to hear this?”
“She must’ve been, I told you.” Oliver said, then he warned to the current members of the school council as he walked to the stage “Paul,”
“Excuse me,” A girl greeted Will “Will Chandler, our high school president,”
Will starred the brunette long haired girl who wore a purple gown, he didn’t recognize that girl “Whoa, do I know you?”
“It’s me, Bianca.”
“Whoa, Bianca, you looked really different. Wait, you painted your hair?”
“Correction, colored.” Bianca replied “Guess what, because you’re the current president of Jakarta Arts School Council who will be giving the title to one of the candidates, including me, so I need to ask you some advice.”
Will then asked “But first, what happened to you and Chloe?”
Bianca replied “She changed in a wrong way.” Then she added “We fought a lot during our summer vacation, I heard that she told I’m her fake best friend,”
Will cut “Wait, wait, wait, so basically she told her friends that she’s just pretending to be your best friend, didn’t she? Oh man, that’s unbelievable, I thought you and Chloe are best friends really well.” He asked “Who’s your veep?”
“What?”
“Veep, vice president,”
Bianca then revealed her partner “Shannelle will be my partner, after all she excels in Indonesian language lesson, after all, Miss Riley Hewitt is really sexy teacher, isn’t she?”
Will then remembered his dream with Riley when he spontaneously masturbate in his sleep, he then said “Yeah, she’s pretty sexy,”
Chloe then came “Well, well, well, looks like the traitor bitch is speaking to the bitch singer’s male partner, whoa, this is really steamy.”
Will then asked “What’s that supposed to mean?”
“It means you’re Ally “The Whore” Sanders’ male best friend is speaking to my fake best bitch. Oh, my fake best bitch, I didn’t expect you’re up against me in this debate.”
Bianca said “You had said that I’m your fake best friend, Chloe, now you’re going to make another problem, you’re really unforgivable bitch,”
Will stopped the girls before the physical fight happening “Girls, please stop, I don’t want any physical fight between the bad bitches,”
“Oh, you watched Bad Girls Club, didn’t you, Will?” asked Chloe.
“I never heard about that movie.”
“It’s a TV show, Will!” Chloe swore, she then told Bianca “By the way, fake bitch, don’t hope you will win this presidential election, like you hope that Prabowo will win the election, but it turns out to be Jokowi. I hope you won’t be Prabowo who wants to be selfish to prove that there was any mistake during the election.” She then left both of them.
Will asked “Bad Girls Club?”
“It’s a show about mean girls living in a home, that’s why Chloe is inspired by this show, there’s lots of physical catfights on that show, her clique, including me, often watch two episodes per day after school.”
“Oh, that’s really bad show.” Will said.
“Anyway, your advice please?” Bianca asked.
“What?”
“I told you.”
“Um…” Will was confused “Well, it’s hard, but, I got to say my advice is…”
“Hi, Will,” Harley arrived with Ed and Andrew “Have you seen Oliver?”
Will replied “He’s at the backstage, I think he’s looking for you, guys.”
At the same time that Will said ‘looking’, Andrew starred at Bianca, he felt that she has pretty face that charmed him, he saw no acnes on her face at all, as well as her small nose, medium sized lips that really red, he was attracted to her.
“Andrew?” Andrew?” called Ed.
Andrew then became not focus as Ed called him “Yeah, what’s up? Yeah? What the hell? Yeah?”
“Andrew, man, we got to focus, dude!”
Harley said “Well, we got to go,” He left to the backstage with Ed and Andrew, the latter who looked back at Bianca, he insanely starred at her beautiful face like crazy, he felt that she was the prettiest girl that he had ever seen.
Focusing on Bianca and Will, Bianca asked “Now where were we?”
“Oh? My advice to you? Oh?” Will then laughed, he revealed his advice “Okay, just imagine that you’re the president of Indonesia when you get elected for the council president. You’re the leader of the students, so you need to struggle on those jobs, school, talent, and even for the school council. Just keep focus, okay?”
“Thanks, Will. Anyway, I like your redneck prom last semester.” Bianca left Will.
***
“I’m really sorry for you, Katie. I don’t know you’re really so depressed, honey.” Katie’s mom told her daughter sitting in front of her in the dining table.
Katie revealed “I have another relapse with my eating disorder, I got so anxious, then I accidently read the signs you might have cancer, I’m also afraid if my friends refused to be my friends anymore.”
“Miss?” Jamie called Katie’s mom “I need to ask you outside,”
“Hold on, Sir.” Katie’s mom told her daughter “Katie, I know you’re upset after I’m filing for divorce on your dad, I feel that your dad is not the man who I love, I realized that, we fought a lot, during the summer, you know that, so our differences is irreconcilable.”
Ally asked “You mean you filed for divorce on your husband citing irreconcilable differences?”
“Yes,” Then Katie’s mom said goodbye before leaving the room with Jamie “I’ll see you later, Katie, tomorrow, I’m taking you to the therapist.”
Jordan then asked after taking a glass of water for Katie, he put the glass on the table “Are you feeling better now?”
“Yeah, better,”
“Have a drink, Katie.”
Ally then asked after sitting down in front of Katie “Katie, tell me about your family, I just need to know whether you’re close to your parents.”
Katie explained “I wasn’t very close to my parents, I was verbally abused by my dad since childhood when I did wrong, and I’m still mad at him, it’s just only a small thing, but he got mad at me, he used dirty words to abuse me. I often cry and don’t want to eat, I often isolating myself in my bedroom. But at least my mom understand what I feel, she knows that I’m having an eating disorder, so she takes me to the therapist and to the doctor when I was in sixth grade. The doctor gave me some perscription drugs that I need to drink, but one month after I use them, my mom told me to stop taking them, I’m trying to explain I’m still suffering, but my mom persisted that I’ll be fine without the drugs. My mom refused to take me to the psychiatrist even thought I told her I need to, but she just told me ‘don’t conclude that you need to see psychiatrist’, since then, I’ve been suffering more, especially I got bullied in my school, I got verbally mad by my dad, and my mom refused to take me to psychiatrist. My eating disorder is worsen…”
Jordan then told “I can feel what you feel, Katie. But at least, you have done an amazing job here, you played the lead role on Flop Love, I just think you should be very proud of yourself for giving an amazing performance on the musical.”
Ally added “Katie, you know that Jordan has been suffering as well from his father’s company bankruptcy, he went poor because his father’s drug abuse. But he didn’t give up at all, Katie.”
Jordan told “Yeah,” He went into tears “I’m so sorry, I don’t want to remember about my dad. I just know what you feel and what I feel, Katie, but we just need to leave the past and face the present time.”
Ally asked “By the way, you got which eating disorder, Katie?”
“Bulimia nervosa,”
“I understand what you feel about your parents, right now.” Ally then saw Jordan crying sitting on the floor in front of the kitchen “Jordan, what’s the matter?”
“No, I’m fine, I’m okay,”
“Not, you’re not, Jordan,” Ally persisted as he stood up to approach him.
Jordan then revealed “I remembered my dad. Before we went bankrupt, my dad treats me since childhood with care, I just don’t want to remember about him. Jakarta Arts was my last hope, I think if I don’t pass the audition, I would need to make money for both paying the debts and my dad’s drugs.”
Katie then cried “I know what you feel, Jordan,”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, both of you, please don’t cry, please,” Ally said “I know how you feel, but can you please don’t cry, c’mon, the past is over for good, this is just the end of the beginning, we begin a new chapter. Anyway, you still have me as your friend, but not only me, but also the rest of the gang, Will, Oliver, Amber, Fearne, Edwin, Ryan, Harley, Ed, Andrew, and Tahan, as well as the teachers.” Then she told “Shall we go to Jakarta Arts Square now?”
***
“Welcome to the Jakarta Arts school council presidential debate,” Will opened the show on stage greeted by thousands of cheers and applauses from the students and teachers alike “I’m Will, your host and the current school council president. Well, some of you must’ve been asking why the hell the debate is held on Sunday.” Some of the students and teachers laughed, he answered “Because basically Sunday is our free day, it’s our most favorite day, I think, why the debate would be held on weekday, so we, the school council, decided to hold the debate this Sunday evening rather than doing nothing. At least we got something do to this evening, didn’t we?”
As most of the audiences laughed in front of the stage in Jakarta Arts Square, Delta said to Jake in the backrow sitting on the square floor “This could be really exciting again,”
“Yeah, Will and Oliver last year nailed it.” Jake replied.
Will then continued on stage “Anyway, we’re also streaming live on Jakarta Arts website, so if you’re not here, if you’re still in the dorm, if you’re still in anywhere else, you can watch the debate live on Jakarta Arts website. Back to business, we got three presidential candidates, and for those of you who don’t know, please don’t compare them to Prabowo, Jokowi, Wiranto, or even Aburizal Bakrie.” Most of the audience laughed at his joke, he then continued “Okay our three candidates are, Chloe and Kelly, Bianca and Shanelle, and last but not the least Josh and Sophia.”
Amber told Fearne “Whoa, Chloe and Bianca are against each other in this presidential election?”
Fearne told her opinion “I thought they’re together as a team.”
Will continued hosting “But before the debate, first of all, we have two special performances this evening to keep you awake. Ladies and gentlemen, Harley Willis, whose single, Crazy For You, has debuted at top 9 in this week’s Indonesian Singles Chart!” He left as the audiences gave applause for Harley, who came to the stage bringing his guitar. Paul played the music file backstage.
As the music started, Harley started playing his guitar and sang “C’mon, babe, I’m crazy. C’mon, babe, I’m crazy. I’m into you, baby, I’m crazy. C’mon, babe.” Then some of audience gave another applause and cheers before he sang the first verse “I was so obssessed when you’re coming into me, I saw your beautiful face that make me feel you’re beautiful, I know you’re seeing me as the handsome prince, I feel crazy when I see you. I don’t know what to say when you make me smile, I don’t know what to say when I meet you, You’re really crazy when I look at you, I just feel crazy.” He then shouted before singing the chorus “Everybody clap your hands!” He sang the chorus “Would you say yes if I ask you love me? Would you say yes if I ask you date me? I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know. I don’t know why I smile when you make me love you, I don’t know why you make me really crazy, I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know. I’m crazy for you, oh, crazy for you. I’m crazy for you, oh, crazy for you. I’m crazy for you, oh, crazy for you. I’m crazy for you.” He sang another verse “Would you say I do if you want to marry me? Would you say yes if I propose marriage to you? I just want to know because I’m really crazy, I’m really crazy for you so much. I don’t know why I’m just crazy, I don’t now why I’m just happy, when I see you face coming into me, I just feel crazy.” He sang another chorus “Would you say yes if I ask you love me? Would you say yes if I ask you date me? I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know. I don’t know why I smile when you make me love you, I don’t know why you make me really crazy, I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know. I’m crazy for you, oh, crazy for you.” He sang the bridge as the audience started to clap their hands and giving applause “Baby, you’re crazy, when you say you love me. Baby, you’re crazy
When you say I’m crazy…” He sang the last chorus as the audience started cheering again “Would you say yes if I ask you love me? Would you say yes if I ask you date me? I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know. I don’t know why I smile when you make me love you, I don’t know why you make me really crazy, I’m just dying to know if you love me so much, I just want to know.” He said to finished the song “C’mon, babe, I’m crazy. C’mon, babe, I’m crazy. I’m into you, baby, I’m crazy. C’mon, babe.”
Most of the audience stood up to give standing ovation and cheers to Harley, especially the girls who immediately became his fan screaming “HARLEY!!! KYAAAAA!!!”
“Thank you, thank you very much,” Harley thanked the audiences.
Will then came back to the stage “That was Harley Willis, whose single, Crazy For You, reached number nine this week! Guess what, the girls are your fans now.”
“KYAAAAAA!!!” shouted most of the girls.
Then Harley looked at Ally, who stood in the middle section of the audience and looked really sharp at him, Harley looked back really sharp as he left the stage.
“Harley Willis, everybody!”
“KYAAAAAA!!” cheered the audiences, especially the girls.
Jordan asked Ally as everyone sat back “Ally, you’re doing that again to Harley? What’s the matter?”
“What? Really?”
“Oh, I know, you have a crush on him, don’t you?”
“No, I already have Oliver, Jordan.”
Then Will continued hosting the show “Oh, we changed our mind. First of all, we have the first president and vice president candidate, they’re from 11th grader, both of them are rocky girls, tough, and mean if you’re not nice to them.”
Chloe said to Kelly at backstage “Thank God at least Harley is better than that bitch.”
Will introduced the first candidate “Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Chloe and Kelly!” Then the audience cheered for Chloe and Kelly, who came to the stage.
Chloe greeted the audience “Hello, I’m Chloe AnnaSophia,”
Kelly, whose hair was brown short, also greeted “And I’m Kelly Relly.”
“And we’re Chloe and Kelly, number one! We’re number one!” Chloe and Kelly cheered.
Will advised “Chloe and Kelly, you have three minutes to explain why they should pick you as the new president and vice president. Your time starts now.” He left the stage after the clock started counting three minutes.
Chloe first explained “Hello, first of all we’d like to thank the council for letting us to be one of the candidates for the president and vice president. As you know, we’ve changed ourself a lot, we even will give this school another makeover. But first vision and mission. Kelly,”
Kelly explained the visions “Our visions if we’re chosen are we’re going to make all students to be creative, innovative, and responsible in every single assignments against the science and technology improvements all across the world, especially in Indonesia, so we’re going to make another famous celebrities from Jakarta Arts in singing, music, acting, modelling, and even so much more for your talents for fame and arts.”
Chloe explained the missions as most of the audiences watched them closely “What become our missions are including…” She took a piece of paper from her pocket and read the missions “Number one, we’re going to let the students to be more creative than ever, we let you to be free to explore your talents during the school break if you’re still in here and not going home. Number two, we would love to…”
Chris whispered to Remy “You know, based on their attitude to Ally and most of us, they’re mean, and they’re faking their expression.”
Remy agreed “You’re right, I agree with you,” He spontaneously held Chris’ left shoulder with his left hand.
“Dude,” Chris warned.
Remy stopped holding Chris’ shoulder “I’m sorry, dude, I forgot.”
Coincidentally, Travis, who sat next to Chris, told “You’re right, dude, I think they’re messing with all these things.”
“Coach?” Chris called “Whoa, I didn’t know you’re sitting next to me,”
Remy said “Yeah, Sir, I agree with you.”
“Why I said that?” Coach said “Because I have the experience being the candidate for the school council president, then someone told me that my campaign is unconvincing because he felt that he’s messing with all about the school council.”
“So sorry to hear that,” Chris said.
Travis noticed Chris acting strangely to Remy “Chris, is he your best mate?”
“Yeah, why?” asked Chris.
“I think he’s crazy on you.”
“As best friend?”
“Yeah, as your best friend.”
Remy joked “Yeah, Coach, that’s no way I really like Chris, after all, our gender is same, male, and we can’t even be in a relationship, that’s not allowed in Indonesia.”
Travis laughed “Whoa, you have such a funny joke, young man.”
Chris told “Yeah, he’s a runner-up…”
Travis cut “From national swimming championship, right?” Which made Chris and Remy laughed, they continued talking with each other without even paying attention to the stage.
Back to the stage, there were ten second remaining for Chloe and Kelly, Chloe realized that the time was up “Oh, anyway, don’t forget to vote for number one, Chloe and Kelly! Thank you, y’all!”
“Okay, your time is up!” Will approached Chloe and Kelly “Give some applause to Chloe and Kelly, everyone!”
Meanwhile, at backstage, Ed complained to Oliver “You said we’re going to perform right after Harley, dude!”
“Sorry, the council changed their minds.” Oliver replied.
Andrew said “It’s okay, Ed, at least we can calm down before our names are called, maybe after the candidates finished their speech.”
Back to the stage “Our number two, give it up for Josh and Sophia!” Will introduced the second candidate for president and vice president, Josh and Sophia, who came to the stage.
“Sophia too?!” shouted Fearne expressing her surprise to Amber.
“Uh huh, she didn’t tell that she’s up for vice president.”
Will told “Well, Sophia, you’re from 11th grader, while Josh is from 10th grader. Before you begin your speech, tell us how you met.”
Sophia said “Well, we’re childhood friends in the same apartment block,” which made most audiences cheered, she continued “When I know that Josh is auditioning to attend Jakarta Arts, I felt really awesome, he’s been a leader, you know what…”
As Sophia continued speaking, Ed told “Oh man, Sophia is really pretty, seriously, we need to sing that song! I can’t wait!”
“Me too!” Andrew added.
“Okay, Josh and Sophia, you have 3 minutes for your speech, your 3 minutes starts now.” Will said.
Josh, whose left arm was tattooed, told his speech “Okay, I’m Josh, your future president, well I hope so,” most of the audience laughed “Me and Sophia will be giving our visions and missions when we’re chosen to be your president and vice president. Our visions, we’re going to balance between arts and sports, as well as knowledge. As you know, we’re lack of achievements in sports, except last semester, Remy, our swimmer, got the second place in national championship.”
“Whoa, I got mentioned!” Remy became proud.
“That’s why you won Athlete of the Year!” shouted Chris.
Josh continued his speech “We’re going to make more stars not only singers, actors, or models, but also athletes and scientists, and…”
Katie held her head “Oh no, it’s coming again…”
Ally told “Katie, you’re okay?”
“I’m not fine, Ally! I’m not!”
“Relax, Katie,”
Jordan said “You want to go back to your room?” Then he got a phone call from Jamie “Hello? Yeah, I’ll be there with Katie,” After he hang up the call, he said to Ally “That was Jamie, he needs Katie to his room. I better go.” He left the square with Katie.
As Sophia spoke her mission, Harley came sitting next to Ally “Hi, Ally,”
“Oh, hi, Harley, you’re pretty amazing with that jam-rocking performance, your single is number nine of the week, isn’t it?”
“Yeah, I must say that the viral video works, I think I need to thank someone who had uploaded the video.” Harley asked “It was you?”
“No, I didn’t upload the video, Harley.” Ally said as she starred sharply on him.
“Yeah, I hope you’re not jealous because I saw your music videos as well, your songs are obviously hits, I like your songs.”
“Yeah, me too.”
“Maybe we should have a duet sometimes.” Harley starred at Ally’s eyes sharply.
“Oh, I would love to.” Ally did so on Harley, so that mean… their rivalry quietly began.
“Okay, your time is up, Josh and Sophia, thank you for explaining your plans if you’re chosen. Josh and Sophia, everybody!” said Will before the audience giving applause to Josh and Sophia leaving the stage “And last but obviously not the least, we have our number three, Thalia and Shannelle!”
The audience cheered and gave applause on Thalia and Shannelle who came to the stage. Thalia and Shannelle greeted “Hello, Jakarta Arts, pick us, we’re number three! Thalia and Shannelle!”
“Okay, Thalia and Shannelle, you know what you have to do, right? You have three minutes, starting now.”
Thalia started her speech “Hi, I’m Thalia from 11th grade, your candidate for the next school council president, next to me is Shannelle, my partner, the candidate for the next school council vice president.”
Ed asked Oliver at the backstage “Oliver, can we perform after this?”
“I’ll tell Will,” Oliver replied “Will,”
Will came to the backstage “What’s up?”
“Ed and Andrew are waiting to perform their song, they need to.” Oliver whispered.
“Yeah, I know.”
***
Jamie attempted to give tapping therapy to Katie in the counseling room with Jordan sitting next to Katie, he touched the tapping spot on Katie’s body as he said “Just imagine these words to your mind as I tap you. Oh God, I’m so scared of cancer and eating disorder, but I can’t do anything, I’m powerless, I just need to give it up to You.”
Jordan asked “Is this gonna work?”
“Not instant, she needs some process until she went healed.” Jamie told.
“Can you at least teach me the tapping?”
“Sure, I’ll write on a piece of paper.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
Katie told “I just can’t forget it,”
“It’s okay, Katie, it’s a process, it’s really slow, but slowly, you’ll be fine.”
“I get it.” Katie said.
***
“Ladies and gentlemen, Ed and Andrew.” Will introduced Ed and Andrew on stage after all candidates finished their speech, he left the stage as the audience gave some applause and cheers on Ed and Andrew who came to the stage.
“I’m Ed Horton,” Ed introduced himself.
“I’m Andrew Harrington, we’re Double H.”
“Horton and Harrington.”
“We’re going to sing our first original song, My First and Last Love.” Andrew told as the audience gave some applause.
Oliver played the recorded background music which was made by Ed and Andrew on the player.
Ed started singing “You’re the only girl whom I’m really in love with, and I don’t want to fall in love with someone else but you. I just want to fall in love only with you, this feeling is killing me, so damn killing me. I’m so damn in love…” Then Andrew joined him singing “You’re my first and last love, you’re the only one whom I love, when you’re not in my sight, it feels I’m missing something. You’re my first and last love, and I have only one reason, I just wanna be with you for the rest of my life.”
Andrew sang his part “If you’re not in my side, it’s so damn killing me to watch you leave me, please don’t leave me. Because you’re only the one who can make me feel better to stop me from my sadness, to stop me from my sadness.” Ed joined him singing the chorus again “You’re my first and last love, you’re the only one whom I love, when you’re not in my sight, it feels I’m missing something. You’re my first and last love, and I have only one reason, I just wanna be with you for the rest of my life.”
Delta then commented “Oh my God, they’re so great bringing their own song.”
Ally also commented to Harley “I guess not only you who want to shine.”
Harley replied “Yup, you’re right.”
Ed sang “I’m so damn in love…” Then he screamed in high note as Andrew sang the chorus and the audience started cheering and giving the applause to them “Ah…”
Andrew sang “You’re my first and last love, you’re the only one whom I love, when you’re not in my sight, it feels I’m missing something.” Ed joined him singing again “You’re my first and last love, and I have only one reason, I just wanna be with you for the rest of my life. You’re my first and last love, you’re the only one whom I love, when you’re not in my sight, it feels I’m missing something. You’re my first and last love, and I have only one reason, I just wanna be with you for the rest of my life.”
After the song got finished, most of the audiences gave both of them standing ovation, applauses, and cheers.
Ed asked “Do you like it?”
“YEAH!!” shouted most of the audience, especially most girls who screamed “KYAAAAA!!!”
Then Ed and Andrew walked away from the stage, they screamed “YEAAAAH!!!”
“They like it, man!!” shouted Ed “They really like it!!”
Andrew shouted “We did it, Bro!!” He then hugged Ed.
“Man, we got to make more songs!!”
***
“Well, Katie needs to come here after school from tomorrow, I’ll give her mote therapy.”
“Thank you, Sir.” Jordan told “Katie, let’s go.” He exited the counseling room with Katie.
Katie said “I don’t know what to say, but I’m not me, I feel I just want my life to be perfect, I don’t want to be reminded to my past.”
Jordan told “Katie, in my opinion, you’re beautiful just the way you are, you looked great now. I think you feel better than before.”
“But…”
Jordan then sang Colbie Caillat’s Try as the walked out from the teachers’ office “Put your make up on, get your nails done, curl your hair, run the extra mile, keep it slim so they like you, do they like you? Get your sexy on, don't be shy, girl, take it off, this is what you want, to belong, so they like you, do you like you? You don't have to try so hard, you don't have to give it all away, you just have to get up, get up, get up, get up, you don't have to change a single thing. You don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, You… don't have to try. Oooh… Oooh…” He touched Katie’s cheek as they stood up in front of the dorm “Get your shopping on, at the mall, max your credit cards, you don't have to choose, buy it all, so they like you, do they like you? Wait a second, why should you care, what they think of you, when you're all alone, by yourself, do you like you? Do you like you? You don't have to try so hard, you don't have to give it all away, you just have to get up, get up, get up, get up, you don't have to change a single thing. You don't have to try so hard, you don't have to bend until you break, you just have to get up, get up, get up, get up, you don't have to change a single thing. You don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try. You don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try. You… don't have to try.” They then walked upstairs as Jordan continued singing “You don't have to try so hard, you don't have to give it all away, you just have to get up, get up, get up, get up, you don't have to change a single thing. You don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, you don't have to try.” They finally arrived at Room 233 “Take your make up off, let your hair down, take a breath, look into the mirror, at yourself, don't you like you? Cause I like you…” Jordan finished the song after he opened the door to enter the room.
“Jordan, I’m so sorry, but can you stay here until Ally comes?”
Jordan then answered “Yeah, sure.”
“I need a hug.”
“It’s okay, girl.” Jordan hugged Katie in front of the door.
***
“That’s really unacceptable, Chloe!” shouted Bianca in the debate on stage “You cannot bring SARA term in case of choosing who is more popular and who is not! Everyone, any race, any religion, any tribes, and anyone can be more popular!”
Josh then said “I agree with Bianca, but no, no, no, you don’t have to be so popular in case of the talent, I think everyone needs to show their greatest talents that they have, and someday, we will bring them to journey of stardom thanks to their talents.”
Because it was getting boring, most of the students left the square to either Asphalt Canteen for dinner or even dorm. Oliver noticed this.
Oliver said “What’s going on? Why the hell everyone is leaving?”
Will cut “Everyone, please don’t leave, we’re not done with the debate. By the way, candidates, you have ten minutes to go!”
Edwin, who sat near Amber, Fearne, and Ryan, remembered something, he stood up “I got to go to the music classroom,”
Fearne asked “Why? The debate is not finished yet.”
“I think I know who to choose.” Edwin said “Insya Allah.”
Ryan then told “Wait, I’m coming with you!” He followed Edwin who left the square “You left something in the music classroom?”
“Probably,”
***
Instead of going to dorm or Asphalt Canteen, Chris and Remy entered the music classroom. As Chris turned on the lights, he saw the table and chairs looked very tidy, as well as the piano, guitar, and the whiteboard.
“Whoa, why we are here, Chris?” asked Remy.
“I just to sing a duet, I don’t know why, with you.”
“With me? Whoa that’s really nice, dude. So what song will we sing?”
“Hunter Hayes’ Wanted.” Chris touched the piano after sitting in front of it.
“Whoa, I didn’t know you can play a piano.”
“I’m still learning from my friend in the block,” Chris started playing the piano, he played it beautifully, he started singing “You know I'd fall apart without you, I don't know how you do what you do, 'cause everything that don't make sense about me, makes sense when I'm with you. Like everything that's green, girl, I need you, but it's more than one and one makes two, put aside the math and the logic of it, you gotta know you're wanted too. 'Cause I wanna wrap you up, wanna kiss your lips, I wanna make you feel wanted. And I wanna call you mine, wanna hold your hand forever, and never let you forget it, yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted.” Chris told Remy “Your turn,”
Remy sang after sitting next to Chris “Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah, and you get that all the time, I know you do, but your beauty's deeper than the make-up, and I wanna show you what I see tonight… When I wrap you up, when I kiss your lips, I wanna make you feel wanted. And I wanna call you mine, wanna hold your hand forever, and never let you forget it. 'Cause, baby, I, I wanna make you feel wanted.”
Chris sang “As good as you make me feel, I wanna make you feel better.”
Remy sang “Better than your fairy tales, better than your best dreams, you're more than everything I need.”
“You're all I ever wanted…”
“All I ever wanted…”
Chris said “We sing this part together,” He and Remy sang “And I just wanna wrap you up, wanna kiss your lips, I wanna make you feel wanted. And I wanna call you mine, wanna hold your hand forever, and never let you forget it. Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted… Baby, I wanna make you feel wanted… Yeah… You'll always be wanted…”
Remy then laughed after finishing the song “Whoa, that’s really cool duet,”
“Yeah, that was great, it’s just…”
“It’s just you’re all I ever wanted, dude. Anyway, you forgot to change the girl to the boy.”
“That’s okay, but at least I got you.” Chris touched Remy’s cheek “You’ll always be wanted,”
“You too.” Remy touched Chris’ cheek before kissing him, then they kissed passionately in love.
Meanwhile, Edwin and Ryan were almost there, Edwin said “I don’t know, but I feel that I left something in the music classroom.”
“It’s just your imagination, Edwin,” Ryan replied as they arrived in front of the music classroom door.
Edwin whispered after he stopped to see Chris and Remy kissing in front of the piano “Astaghfirullah al adzhim…”
“What’s wrong?” Ryan asked before seeing Chris and Remy “Oh! Oh my God, are they…”
“Masya Allah…”

Chris and Remy didn’t see Edwin and Ryan seeing them kissing, they both continued kissing as they letting their feelings to each other go.

Comments

Popular Posts